• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][MIUI V4.0][UPDATED 3-18-12] BRAINMASTER's MIUI ICS 2.3.16 FOR NS4G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

brainmaster

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2006
OnePlus 7T Pro
Samsung Galaxy S20

fergie716

May 14, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Here's a small theme I have started

Icons are from iPhaze (Zorsha Theme) and YouEye Theme

I tried to make it look not so ****ty, but it still does. I had to remove all of my framework png's because I have a few that will not work and certain apps (like Titanium Backup) will just crash when trying to open

Dialer, MMS, Statusbar, Icons, and Launcher are themed

Screen shots

Qkevq.png
XR4wK.png

5Zy4O.png
PBvNV.png

I made the hotseat_background transparent so you can add a wallpaper that has a dock Here's an example

Red_Room_by_Side_7.png

DOWNLOAD

Last edited:

jordanjackthomas

Aug 21, 2010
Is anyone having app instability? Every time I try to launch a game, it loads and is live for 15-20 seconds then the screen goes black and I have to close it. I'm having the same problem with Skype too.

I did a clean wipe (complete system format + data / system / boot / dalvik wipe) and I'm using the Air Kernel. I turned off deep idle and it didn't change a thing.

Please help!

Reactions: DaveRichardson

DaveRichardson

Aug 2, 2011
Haha, meant to hit "quick reply," but I guess "thanks," too!

Anyway, that's almost certainly out of memory (OOM) behavior. You might consider running the V6 Supercharger script (re-prioritizes memory behavior and kill-lists). That said, I find that whenever I run Supercharger my phone gets way laggy after a day or two (and you have to run another little script called "engine flush" to get everything snappy again).

I'm absolutely crazy abut this rom Fergie made for us, but I was getting too much wonky OOM behavior and got tired of running engine flush. I guess I'll ride the AOKP train until Xiaomi manages to shrink the Miui launcher memory footprint.

Reactions: jordanjackthomas

jordanjackthomas

Aug 21, 2010
Thanks for the info Dave! I was running Bigxie's Apex for quite a while and it was super fast and totally stable but it got a little stale for me (and I think he dropped support because it hasn't been updated in almost 2 months). I had been using MIUI prior to that and I had to come back because it's just so much cleaner and smoother, in my opinion. I had great success with BrainMaster's GB MIUI but I think I have to switch to Fergie's MIUI tomorrow. Too many hitches on this one. On a side note: thank you both (Fergie and BrainMaster) for your continued support of our NS4G's!!

Andy

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 21, 2008
UK
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
There was no misunderstanding as to why fergie716's account was disabled.

I am not going to discuss the specifics as to why it was disabled, nor do I want them publicly discussed.

For those of you who were unfortunate to see the reason why, I apologise for not acting sooner. XDA can only act as fast as we can find these posts. We need the communities help to identify content that has no place here.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me.

Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone! This is a port of Brainmaster's MIUI ICS ROM

He has released an update on Twitter for MIUI ICS and I ported it to our devices

ROM FEATURES​

-MIUI V4.0 (ICS)
    -Brainmaster's tweaks (build.prop/boot.img/init.d tweaks)
    -More info coming when Brainmaster lets me know more specifically what the tweaks are, but for anyone who has ran his ROMs before, you know he does a great job
    -Some data apps pre installed

SCREEN SHOTS

5EMCh.png
    0m7Rg.png

FvBgq.png
    HoEzr.png

WHATS NOT WORKING​

-4G (don't ask for an ETA on this, when it gets worked out I will let you know)

Tips​

-Re sync Google account a few minutes after initial set up to ensure everything sets up correctly

-Run GPS Status app and download A-GPS data under Tools>Manage A-GPS

-If all of your photos/media don't show up download "Rescan Media" and run it

-If you decide to flash Matr1x Kernel, delete the init.d folder inside his zip to prevent issues. The scripts in the kernel may conflict with brainmaster's scripts

DOWNLOADS

2.3.16_MIUI_BRAINMASTER_NEXUS_S4G.zip

HOW TO INSTALL​

-Download all of the zips in the DOWNLOADS section
    -Wipe cache/data/system/boot
    -Flash MIUI_BRAINMASTER_NEXUS_S_4G
    -Flash ICS kernel (OPTIONAL BUT RECOMMENDED)
    -Reboot into system
    -Enjoy!

I will update this if I can and when Brainmaster can. Enjoy!​

CREDITS​

-BRAINMASTER for being a great guy and giving me the go ahead to port this and all of his work in the android community

-Oodie for helping so much
    -rlasalle15 and Scott951 for helping me so much, thank you guys!
    Thanks Fergie for porting this one since I have no clue how to do it.

I'm probably going to update the ROM once in a month and if you have the time to port it for the NS4G it would be great.
    Change log

3-18-12

-UPDATED TO MIUI V4 2.3.18
    -Tweaked
    -Nexus S Settings added
    -Themed
    -buil.prop, init.d Tweaks
    -MORE INFO ON CHANGE LOG COMING ASAP

MIUI CHANGE LOG
    Wanted to try this out, but the fixes and mms links are borked. Is there a mirror?

I have them in my box account if you want to grab them from there.
    https://www.box.com/shared/rslg69uivoflte53jg4l

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium
    60fc90bb-f00f-123e.jpg
    60fc90bb-f017-6bf1.jpg

Had to put it to charge... going out of town but still rocking the sh*t outta this rom lol

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk