• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][MIUI V4.0][UPDATED 3-18-12] BRAINMASTER's MIUI ICS 2.3.16 FOR NS4G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

fergie716

May 14, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Can someone tell me if mms is working or not?

I thought I read someone said it wasn't.

If that's the case I found a new fix and can remedy that tonight

Last edited:

LucKyPunk

Sep 20, 2009
Updated Kernel to Matrix 17.5 + this ROM and battery life seems to kick ass! I did notice its finally going into deep idle more often.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-02-29-22-53-39.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-02-29-22-53-39.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 189

Demondownloader

Mar 1, 2012
Hey guys, did all of you have bln before you flashed matrix kernel?

When I upgraded from brainmaster's 2.1.6 to 2.2.10 I lost bln and smartass governor :/

PS. I'm using a Nexus S, not 4g, I know all of you have 4g but this seems to be the best thread continuing dev on brainmaster's ics...

Joshhayes801

Apr 26, 2010
Ogden, UT
www.uglyduckskateboards.com
Hey guys look!! The only guy that lives in a wimax area! Please tell us how it is? Is it fast like they say? Are you able yo download movies in such? Its not an urban legend guys its real!! Lol your blessed lol

Sent using Tapatalk, you know, the free version.

Haha. My Wimax works beautifully when I'm on a supported ROM. I would download about 12 songs or more simultaneously in less than 2 minutes. But I hardly used it so that's why I could care less if this ROM has it. :)

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

Rally187

Apr 3, 2010
Your City:
Haha. My Wimax works beautifully when I'm on a supported ROM. I would download about 12 songs or more simultaneously in less than 2 minutes. But I hardly used it so that's why I could care less if this ROM has it. :)

yea its weird i live in a relatively small city 50k and we have 4g and yea its fast as ****. But it drains my battery too much for me to really make any use of it. I do use it at home though for xbox live though.... because it is faster than my dsl :(

travisd4est

Jul 23, 2010
Minneapolis
yea its weird i live in a relatively small city 50k and we have 4g and yea its fast as ****. But it drains my battery too much for me to really make any use of it. I do use it at home though for xbox live though.... because it is faster than my dsl :(

That's weird. I have my 4g turned on all the time and it seems I get longer battery life. Probably since if its not running it idles itself off?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA App

mokash34

Sep 1, 2007
Hey, everyone! I am lost...
I am running 2.2.10 with matrix 17 with no real issues. When I try to flash 2.2.17 after wiping everything and following the directions exactly as posted in the OP (not my first time flashing and I have tried flashing this particular ROM at least 5 times) I get stuck in the boot stage. I will allow the system to boot and get a bunch of FC (like in the OP) but after flashing the fixes and so on... it won't fully boot. I've downloaded at least 3 different times to make sure the file is not corrupt. I want [email protected]#!!##!

Please help me...

Thank you. I love MIUI and this version is wonderful!

method2madness

Jan 9, 2011
Hampton Roads, Va
Hey, everyone! I am lost...
I am running 2.2.10 with matrix 17 with no real issues. When I try to flash 2.2.17 after wiping everything and following the directions exactly as posted in the OP (not my first time flashing and I have tried flashing this particular ROM at least 5 times) I get stuck in the boot stage. I will allow the system to boot and get a bunch of FC (like in the OP) but after flashing the fixes and so on... it won't fully boot. I've downloaded at least 3 different times to make sure the file is not corrupt. I want [email protected]#!!##!

Please help me...

Thank you. I love MIUI and this version is wonderful!

Sounds like a possible wipe issue. Try this. Go into CWM and go to mounts and storage and format everything EXCEPT SD CARD, then flash the ROM. I do this on every install and rarely seem to have an issue.

fergie716

May 14, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Sounds like a possible wipe issue. Try this. Go into CWM and go to mounts and storage and format everything EXCEPT SD CARD, then flash the ROM. I do this on every install and rarely seem to have an issue.

Yea sounds like a wipe issue

I spoke to brainmaster and I'm still gunna be porting this ROM when he updates it (about once a month or so)

So when he releases an update (via twitter) I'll be all over it

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: method2madness

kingcandy

Jun 21, 2010
Atlanta
...I get stuck in the boot stage. I will allow the system to boot and get a bunch of FC (like in the OP) but after flashing the fixes and so on... it won't fully boot....

I'm having the same problem. ROM flashes fine, but the phone wont boot after applying the fix. I've flashed a WipeAll.zip and even tried formatting everything by hand. I dunno, it's as if my phone doesn't agree with the fix.
Any ideas?

Last edited:

fergie716

May 14, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I'm having the same problem. ROM flashes fine, but the phone wont but after applying the fix. I've flashed a WipeAll.zip and even tried formatting everything by hand. I dunno, it's as if my phone doesn't agree with the fix.
Any ideas?
Your sure your following instructions?

Flash ROM + Kernel (optional)

Reboot into system

After you rebooted into system you will experience a lot of force closes

Reboot into recovery, flash fixes, fix permissions and reboot

fergie716

May 14, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Maybe I just effd up and put the wrong fixes in the op

I'll double check but I know someone said they had success with a mirror someone posted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone! This is a port of Brainmaster's MIUI ICS ROM

He has released an update on Twitter for MIUI ICS and I ported it to our devices

ROM FEATURES​

-MIUI V4.0 (ICS)
    -Brainmaster's tweaks (build.prop/boot.img/init.d tweaks)
    -More info coming when Brainmaster lets me know more specifically what the tweaks are, but for anyone who has ran his ROMs before, you know he does a great job
    -Some data apps pre installed

SCREEN SHOTS

5EMCh.png
    0m7Rg.png

FvBgq.png
    HoEzr.png

WHATS NOT WORKING​

-4G (don't ask for an ETA on this, when it gets worked out I will let you know)

Tips​

-Re sync Google account a few minutes after initial set up to ensure everything sets up correctly

-Run GPS Status app and download A-GPS data under Tools>Manage A-GPS

-If all of your photos/media don't show up download "Rescan Media" and run it

-If you decide to flash Matr1x Kernel, delete the init.d folder inside his zip to prevent issues. The scripts in the kernel may conflict with brainmaster's scripts

DOWNLOADS

2.3.16_MIUI_BRAINMASTER_NEXUS_S4G.zip

HOW TO INSTALL​

-Download all of the zips in the DOWNLOADS section
    -Wipe cache/data/system/boot
    -Flash MIUI_BRAINMASTER_NEXUS_S_4G
    -Flash ICS kernel (OPTIONAL BUT RECOMMENDED)
    -Reboot into system
    -Enjoy!

I will update this if I can and when Brainmaster can. Enjoy!​

CREDITS​

-BRAINMASTER for being a great guy and giving me the go ahead to port this and all of his work in the android community

-Oodie for helping so much
    -rlasalle15 and Scott951 for helping me so much, thank you guys!
    Thanks Fergie for porting this one since I have no clue how to do it.

I'm probably going to update the ROM once in a month and if you have the time to port it for the NS4G it would be great.
    Change log

3-18-12

-UPDATED TO MIUI V4 2.3.18
    -Tweaked
    -Nexus S Settings added
    -Themed
    -buil.prop, init.d Tweaks
    -MORE INFO ON CHANGE LOG COMING ASAP

MIUI CHANGE LOG
    Wanted to try this out, but the fixes and mms links are borked. Is there a mirror?

I have them in my box account if you want to grab them from there.
    https://www.box.com/shared/rslg69uivoflte53jg4l

60fc90bb-f00f-123e.jpg
    60fc90bb-f017-6bf1.jpg

Had to put it to charge... going out of town but still rocking the sh*t outta this rom lol