[ROM] MIUI v4 2.6.15 4G Wimax (ICS)

Search This thread

SantinoInc

Jun 19, 2010
NYC
Thanks..Why can't a recovery be put in the new Miui So we can get rid of Odin?

To be perfectly honest I don't know the exact technical reason but from what I understand it is because the source for ICS hasn't been released (or something like that.) Do yourself a favor and take my word for it...don't even bother trying to flash anything ICS AOSP related unless you do it via EL26 Recover/kernel. Who needs the headache of having to go to Sprint and hoping that they buy whatever story you come up with as to why your phone is bricked.

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

When will wimax work?

Let's look at things realistically. WiMAX is a dead technology. As we speak Sprint is rolling out LTE phones. Nobody in their right mind is going to take on the task of attempting to get wifi to work on this Chinese based ROM. If your 4G is important to you you should look elsewhere because we will more than likely never have it working on MIUI.

misfit0313

Jan 25, 2010
Merrill, WI
BREAKING NEWS: Just taken from the miiu.us twitter feed “@MIUImods So far just on the nexus s 4g so far. Great work @rlasalle15. Wimax for MIUI is finally here @miuius” -- MIUI.us (@miuius)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Reactions: Carbajal3009

T.C.P

Apr 19, 2010
Stockton
BREAKING NEWS: Just taken from the miiu.us twitter feed “@MIUImods So far just on the nexus s 4g so far. Great work @rlasalle15. Wimax for MIUI is finally here @miuius” -- MIUI.us (@miuius)

and guess whos gonna be device number 2? already in talks with the dude who made it all happen :cool::cool:

colourfuze

Jul 6, 2010
I would strongly suggest that you install MOBILE ODIN from the market and get familiar with it. Assuming you install it this is what you have to do: download the EL26 Kernel/CWM file. You will see every AOSP mention this file. It's hands down the most important file to have when dealing with ICS AOSP roms!

Open MOBILE ODIN. Select KERNEL. navigate to the EL26 kernel/recovery. select execute/run (or whatever the option is) It will have an optional MD5 check. Proceed with flashing.

The phone will automatically reboot. Steadily hold down VOLUME UP and POWER until recovery pops up. Once here you may want to back up your current rom or if that's not needed go ahead and do a factory reset. DON'T USE CALKULIN's FORMAT ALL ZIP (I understand it formats SYSTEM which is a problem for flashing AOSP roms like this one.) Once you have done a factory reset simply flash this ROM. Keep in mind that you are doing all of this in one session.

Once you flash this ROM you will no longer have a recovery. You will have to once again go to MOBILE ODIN and repeat the steps I outlined above. Hope this helps

Worked perfect... I used the desktop version of ODIN though. Didnt want to spend the $5.00 bucks. Thanks for all the help!

Reactions: Darrien13

Dj21o

Feb 22, 2010
Can someone clarify if the current build is smooth with good battery life, por favor?

The last time I tried this, it was very laggy and I am way too anal about this kind of stuff. :p

Sent from my GSII.

misfit0313

Jan 25, 2010
Merrill, WI
With the 4.27 build, voice dialer kept fc'ing and my location could not be determined using network. I tried installing 2x. Anyone else with these problems or did I get a bad download?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hevTw.png

Ported by TCP and Jafterdark and Marcusant

Version Updates Weekly

WHAT IS CONFIRMED WORKING
    SMS
    MMS
    WiFi
    Calling
    Mobile data
    Bluetooth
    SD cards
    It boots
    WHAT IS CONFIRMED BROKEN
    Anything broken in CM9
    Display is glitchy
    Some sd glitches

Big Thank's To
    T.C.P. & Jafterdark & Marcusant
    Rlasalle15 & Scott951 for get 4G Wimax Working Thanks
    Countryteazer Thanks For Testing
    Fascinate MIUI Porter (weblexa) - Base ROM
    Fascinate CM Team - Providing CDMA parts
    Epic 4G SGS 1 MIUI team - Providing Most Of The Fixes
    Darkierawr - Providing A Lot Of Fixes
    Scott951 From MIUI.US
    MIUI.US Team
    MIUI China Team
    Sbrissen And Teamhacksung
    AND ANY ONE I FORGOT
    DISCLAIMER
    Flash At Your Own Risk. DO NOT USE AN ICS RECOVERY TO FLASH THIS ROM. It Has Been Known To Cause Bricks. Not Responsible For Damage Done To Your Device
    How To Flash
    1.Odin Back To EL26 stock
    2.Use e4gtauto-sfx.exe And Install BootImg EL26+CWM
    3.Use This To Wipe Data
    4.Wipe Dalvik Cache
    5.Flash Miui Rom MIUI.us_epic4gtouch_2.6.15
    6.Flash This After Flashing The Rom To Get External SD Instead of Having It Be Internal SD This is Update 6/10/12 you need to update it to work
    7.Reboot​

Changelog
    MIUI 2.6.15 Full Changelog Here
    Added 4G Wimax
    Added Low Volume On Google Voice Fix's
    Fixed Phantom Voicemail

Screenshots
    miuiusanim.gif
    should be uploaded sometime tonight, or tomorrow after noon :D

screenshot2012051923320.png

uploading now 2.5.18 4g

and guess whos gonna be device number 2? already in talks with the dude who made it all happen :cool::cool:
    LOL I love how most MIUI roms don't have it. will we see this implemented?

We have spent hours and hours working on making this happen for all of you to enjoy. We plan on releasing this very soon. It will happen when it happens. But its real this time and really works. Just have to fix a couple things and Jafterdark and T.C.P will release it.

Thanks