[ROM] MIUI v4 2.6.15 4G Wimax (ICS)

Search This thread

SantinoInc

Jun 19, 2010
NYC
This is truly impressive! This late in the WiMax game I never thought you guys would attempt to get it working. I have always been a huge MIUI fan but the fact that I couldn't use 4G always turned me off because I wasn't getting the most out of my phone. If this pans out I will probably be using this until I get my next phone

bsloanindy

Oct 25, 2007
Indianapolis
Couple issues I noticed today:

1 - Cant get Visual Voicemail loaded on this build. I think it worked on the previous build. It lets me load it from recovery, but MIUI seems to delete it. If I restore it from Titanium, it doesn't work either. Anyway to get that working again?

2 - I'm using the internal ROM... when I take a screenshot where does it go? I can't seem to find the file. I see the screenshot folder with the example screenshots, but the new ones are not there. Bug maybe?

One observation--when notification sounds are muted on the phone, the battery seems to drain slower. No scientific proof of that, but it just seems that way.

I still believe my previous post about loading 2.4.20 first and then 2.4.27 may help with GPS/location. My location works fine, and GPS works--though it does seem slow to lock.

sweets55

May 25, 2009
I got tired of messing with vvm when I'm not on stock Roms so I'm trying out Youmail. I tried google voice a few times and got delayed texts/messages.

Reactions: bsloanindy

bsloanindy

Oct 25, 2007
Indianapolis
I got tired of messing with vvm when I'm not on stock Roms so I'm trying out Youmail. I tried google voice a few times and got delayed texts/messages.

I tried googlevoice and got tired of the call quality (always had weird touchtones in the background even with that feature turned off).

Ill check out youmail... thanks given!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

sweets55

May 25, 2009
Google voice FTW just don't integrate just use as voicemail that's it

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

graphic1982

Apr 3, 2011
Salisbury, NC
agreed with using GV for voicemail only. I get voicemails seconds after a missed call. I never used Visual Voicemail and never will thanks to GV. Just make sure you go to the google voice page on the web and put in the correct settings.

bsloanindy

Oct 25, 2007
Indianapolis
agreed with using GV for voicemail only. I get voicemails seconds after a missed call. I never used Visual Voicemail and never will thanks to GV. Just make sure you go to the google voice page on the web and put in the correct settings.

Ahh! YES! It works! I loaded google voice but didn't integrate and only activated voicemail. Perfect! Scary that after logging in ALL my texts and messages were there from when I used it 6 months ago. DELETE!

One tidbit I noticed with the current GVOICE and ICS--it will directly integrate with ICS so instead of using GVOICE's app to listen and review vmail, it uses ICS'/MIUI's!

Now about those screen shots--what's up with that? Maybe I'll just download a different app.

Battery life today was decent. Made it from 8am to 7pm down to about 25% (I have an extended battery though). That includes messing around with vmail for an hour or so and we were playing with Skype at work (video is rotated, darn).

Edit: screenshots work... needed to close gallery and refresh before the pics showed up.

Last edited:

sweets55

May 25, 2009
Mine does that if I'm downloading/reinstalling apps, but otherwise I think it seems normal. What modem are you using? I'm on FD26.
The same modem and it gets warm just surfing the web when at lunch. The screen is warm and so is around the back camera. Maybe its just my phone but don't notice when running stock Roms.

12MaNy

Jun 7, 2010
Seattle
The same modem and it gets warm just surfing the web when at lunch. The screen is warm and so is around the back camera. Maybe its just my phone but don't notice when running stock Roms.

I think that's just an ICS kernel thing. My phone got hot on every ICS build/kernel I tried. Went back to GB and no more heat issues. Has nothing to do with it being a Samsung. Lol

sweets55

May 25, 2009
I think that's just an ICS kernel thing. My phone got hot on every ICS build/kernel I tried. Went back to GB and no more heat issues. Has nothing to do with it being a Samsung. Lol
It could just be the kernel. I don't remember my phone being as warm running another ICS Rom. Will try that Rom again. LOL @ SU I mean Sammy haters on xda.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hevTw.png

Ported by TCP and Jafterdark and Marcusant

Version Updates Weekly

WHAT IS CONFIRMED WORKING
    SMS
    MMS
    WiFi
    Calling
    Mobile data
    Bluetooth
    SD cards
    It boots
    WHAT IS CONFIRMED BROKEN
    Anything broken in CM9
    Display is glitchy
    Some sd glitches

Big Thank's To
    T.C.P. & Jafterdark & Marcusant
    Rlasalle15 & Scott951 for get 4G Wimax Working Thanks
    Countryteazer Thanks For Testing
    Fascinate MIUI Porter (weblexa) - Base ROM
    Fascinate CM Team - Providing CDMA parts
    Epic 4G SGS 1 MIUI team - Providing Most Of The Fixes
    Darkierawr - Providing A Lot Of Fixes
    Scott951 From MIUI.US
    MIUI.US Team
    MIUI China Team
    Sbrissen And Teamhacksung
    AND ANY ONE I FORGOT
    DISCLAIMER
    Flash At Your Own Risk. DO NOT USE AN ICS RECOVERY TO FLASH THIS ROM. It Has Been Known To Cause Bricks. Not Responsible For Damage Done To Your Device
    How To Flash
    1.Odin Back To EL26 stock
    2.Use e4gtauto-sfx.exe And Install BootImg EL26+CWM
    3.Use This To Wipe Data
    4.Wipe Dalvik Cache
    5.Flash Miui Rom MIUI.us_epic4gtouch_2.6.15
    6.Flash This After Flashing The Rom To Get External SD Instead of Having It Be Internal SD This is Update 6/10/12 you need to update it to work
    7.Reboot​

Changelog
    MIUI 2.6.15 Full Changelog Here
    Added 4G Wimax
    Added Low Volume On Google Voice Fix's
    Fixed Phantom Voicemail

Screenshots
    miuiusanim.gif
    should be uploaded sometime tonight, or tomorrow after noon :D

screenshot2012051923320.png

uploading now 2.5.18 4g
    BREAKING NEWS: Just taken from the miiu.us twitter feed “@MIUImods So far just on the nexus s 4g so far. Great work @rlasalle15. Wimax for MIUI is finally here @miuius” -- MIUI.us (@miuius)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

and guess whos gonna be device number 2? already in talks with the dude who made it all happen :cool::cool:
    LOL I love how most MIUI roms don't have it. will we see this implemented?

We have spent hours and hours working on making this happen for all of you to enjoy. We plan on releasing this very soon. It will happen when it happens. But its real this time and really works. Just have to fix a couple things and Jafterdark and T.C.P will release it.

Thanks
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone