How To Guide [ROM][MIUI][venus] Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI 11

Search This thread

xdamami

Oct 21, 2013
Antalya
How is this possible?
I understood that GPay would not work with unlocked bootloader...

As I said, I have a Mi11 with a MIUI 12 test build: the ROM is rooted and bootloader is unlocked, I managed to delte root removing "system/xbin/su" but Gpay still refuses to add cards

Could it be that for test ROM that I have, which comes already rooted, even if I remove manually root, something remains in the system that make safetynet not pass?
Are you trying to hide magisk an repack with another name? After that works awesome.
Screenshot_2021-03-03-07-40-21-892_p.ok.yh.mp.jpg

Last edited:

pittrich

Nov 13, 2009
Berlin
With the new update, the icon for the Google Assistant finally appears.
Thanks for your work 👍🏼
The rest of the work also works flawlessly 👏🏼

Attachments

• IMG_20210305_142422.jpg
    IMG_20210305_142422.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 57

Asnamus

Apr 7, 2019
Xiaomi Mi 11
I have successfully installed 21.3.3 from 12.0.3.0
Just because on global there is a google dialer which is ruining experience and no way to install MIUI dialer.
And I was also super bored :)
I will write down now which apps did I uninstall and share later.

Asnamus

Apr 7, 2019
Xiaomi Mi 11
In Settings/Apps/All Apps/ (many system apps did not load icons and other icons were loaded super slowly)

In Apps

SuperWallpaperEarth
SuperWallpaperMars
SuperWallpaperSnow
SuperWallpaperSaturn
SuperWallpaperGeometry
MiWeatherWallpaper

With ADB

pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.mi.globalbrowser (MIUI browser)
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox (Google)
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.hotwordenrollment.xgoogle (Google Assistant)
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.hotwordenrollment.okgoogle (Google Assistant)
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.mi.health (MIUI Health)
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.ar.lens (Google Lens)
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.email (Mail)
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.mms (Messaging)
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.xiaomi.payment (Mi Coin)
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.videoplayer (Mi Video)
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.player (Music)
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.notes (Notes)
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.huanji (Mi Mover)
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.weather2 (Weather)
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.personalassistant (MIUI app vault)
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.xiaomi.migameservice (Mi Game Service)
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.protips (Home Screen Tips)

Last edited:

Tekkamen77

Oct 22, 2017
I have successfully installed 21.3.3 from 12.0.3.0
Just because on global there is a google dialer which is ruining experience and no way to install MIUI dialer.
And I was also super bored :)
I will write down now which apps did I uninstall and share later.
can i know the procedure?

Top Liked Posts

How did you get stock global MIUI 12.5 on Mi 11? Its not released yet globally - only internally to testers (if you are using the test version, might be that battery drain issue will be fixed with production release of MIUI 12.5)

btw can anyone tell me what are the benefits of xiaomi eu ROM compared to global stock ROM? I am on Mi 11 (global)
    I can unlock the device and install EU rom but is it worth the hassle (reinstalling everything from scratch, getting my bank apps to work, getting L1 widewine to work with netflix, etc) ?

I have seen xiaomi.eu "Our ROMs features (Whats not in Global)" but large part of bullet points in that list are outdated - most of that is now supported by stock MIUI 12/12.5
    How did you get stock global MIUI 12.5 on Mi 11? Its not released yet globally - only internally to testers (if you are using the test version, might be that battery drain issue will be fixed with production release of MIUI 12.5)

btw can anyone tell me what are the benefits of xiaomi eu ROM compared to global stock ROM? I am on Mi 11 (global)
    I can unlock the device and install EU rom but is it worth the hassle (reinstalling everything from scratch, getting my bank apps to work, getting L1 widewine to work with netflix, etc) ?

I have seen xiaomi.eu "Our ROMs features (Whats not in Global)" but large part of bullet points in that list are outdated - most of that is now supported by stock MIUI 12/12.5

You probably misunderstood me... i have stock 12 miui on phone...

Did you update a previous EU weekly with rooted phone?
    Or did you remove Magisk and root your phone again?
    Updated a previous version, and patched the boot image again.
    @2408Ciarly64 If you do not want to flash new rom every week is better to choose stable version. Also stable has less bugs. In the beta updates you will get something new every week. It is always the newest rom with features witch will get in stable version after some time. Stable and beta version of xiaomi.eu have call recording because they have xiaomi apps on board instead of Google once.

Just for your info. Indonezja version of global rom also has this feature, but for time being there is no fastboot rom to flash. If you chose this version you will get global rom with call recording support by xiaomi.
    MIUIPolska.pl = MIUIos.cz = Xiaomi.eu

it is a same ROM..
    Got an update available but says mirrors are offline.

Any ideas?
    View attachment 5285405
    I think thats notifying you that theres an update. Since theres no custom recovery out for mi 11, there are no OTA for xiaomi.eu. So you have to update through fastboot
    How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI 11

We will release fastboot ROM versions until TWRP for venus is released

Steps to install xiaomi.eu ROM for first time from China ROM (All your data and files on internal storage will be deleted!)
    - Update your stock ROM to the latest via updater app first..
    - Unlock your bootloader by Mi Unlock tool https://en.miui.com/unlock/
    - Download our ROM zip file BETA or STABLE
    - If you are on Windows: Right click on downloaded zip - Settings - Unblock zip content
    D9NcJZp.png

- Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
    - Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
    - Connect to PC via original USB cable
    - Run fastboot installation script as administrator from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

For Windows OS ./windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat
    For Linux ./linux_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh
    For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh

- After reboot its done (first boot may take up to 15min)

Steps to install update of xiaomi.eu ROM (All your data and files on internal storage will NOT be deleted!)
    - Download our ROM zip file WEEKLY or STABLE
    - Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
    - Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
    - Connect to PC via USB cable
    - Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

For Windows OS ./windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat
    For Linux ./linux_fastboot_update_rom.sh
    For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_update_rom.sh

Update guide on the video

- After reboot its done (first boot may take up to 10min)

Update via OTA:
    Installation via OTA is currently not possible due to missing TWRP
    Updater will notify you about new version and download it to your device for you
    You have to copy it to your PC, unpack it and run fastboot_update_rom sctipt

Enjoy.. :)
    Stupid question but EU network band work as it should ? L1 certificate? What about Google pay?
    all OK..

[Update!] So after 6 days of testing I am satisfied with 12.5 rom and stayed on this rom. But I did had a little adventure which I want to share. After first installation I uninstalled bunch of apps (some to many) and I had some random freezes and few minor bugs. So I tried to download EU stable but all of the files were corrupted on the export (I downloaded around 5 times from 3 different devices and exported with 3 different software's like WinRAR, 7zip and windows) and the result was always the same ending in errors. But non the less I tried to install it and I bricked my device :) first time :) So I tried to install global 12.0.3.0 and bricked my device for the second time :) (follow @PandaKiller instruction how to solve rollback protection if you want to go back from 12.5 to global or some other rom) and so I tried my last option that is to just install the same rom 12.5 which I was already on and that end up successful. I uninstall bunch of apps again but much less this time and the rom is very stable since than (March 6.) and works good. Insignificant battery drain on airplane mode or while the phone is off, around 4 - 6 % which is acceptable. Global rom have google dialer which for me is hideous and I like miui dialer much much more. EU 12.5 is noticeable faster and more responsive.​

Apps that I removed :

pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.mi.globalbrowser (MIUI browser)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox (Google)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.hotwordenrollment.xgoogle (Google Assistant)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.hotwordenrollment.okgoogle (Google Assistant)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.mi.health (MIUI Health)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.ar.lens (Google Lens)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.email (Mail)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.mms (Messaging)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.xiaomi.payment (Mi Coin)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.videoplayer (Mi Video)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.player (Music)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.notes (Notes)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.huanji (Mi Mover)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.weather2 (Weather)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.personalassistant (MIUI app vault)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.xiaomi.migameservice (Mi Game Service)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.protips (Home Screen Tips)

I updated uninstalled apps on 2 places where I posted it so for other users don't have same problems I had.
    Updated my Xiaomi Mi11 yesterday to EU-rom Stable.
    I've had many doubts about flashing, because so many people here bricked their Mi11's.

Followed all the rules, and..... it worked :)

Some remarks to people who have fear to update:

-my phone is European version, with latest 12.0.9 version on it. Not chinese (as the instrucions tell you). That is no problem for flashing the EU Rom.

-i unlocked bootloader through official Xiami unlock tool

-after unlock, i rebooted phone and set it up again (just quick and dirty). Also check if "OEM Unlock" is still switched on.

-after downloading ROM it was kind of hard to find the "Unblock zip content" in the properties of the zip-file. It's there right after you download the file, but disappears after some seconds, leaving you no option to select that in Windows. Kind of strange.
    I downloaded the file 3 times, third time i was quick enough to be able to tick the box.

-i followed all the rules stated in the start of this topic

-another part where it could have gone wrong: a couple of seconds after starting the update procedure in CMD, you see the screen stopping. Leaving you with the last message: "Successful". I almost wanted to plug out the usb-cable and restart, but then i realized: "this has taken only 20 seconds, it can't be that fast...". But: the screen on my pc didn't show any sign of further progress. So: my hands already became sweaty.... "oh no...another mi11 bricked". But: it worked. After some time the update process continued.
    So the advice here is: Stay Calm And Wait!! It will continue after a minute or so.

-i also got an error message in the end about not being able to create some disk part. But: that was no problem. Mi11 booted, which took around 8 minutes and then it was done.

Happy.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone