• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How To Guide [ROM][MIUI][venus] Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI 11

Search This thread

vinswong

Jan 20, 2013
my Mi11 's charing speed is limited to 20W according to my power meter even I use the original charging brick.

It was charging at 55W couple days ago, anyone have idea why this happen?

Reactions: tidschi

JachuV6

Dec 29, 2011
If you want to do it you have to do format data in TWRP and than flash stable rom.
BTW why do you want to change beta to stable?

Witaj Panie Zoltan,

similarly if I want to switch from stable to beta right? I have version 12.5.7 stable installed so i have to run twrp, format my data and then install the latest weekly version as usual? No more fastboot stuff needed?

zoltan78

Jan 20, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 11
Witaj Panie Zoltan,

podobnie, jeśli chcę zmienić wersję stabilną na wersję beta, prawda? Mam zainstalowaną stabilną wersję 12.5.7, więc muszę uruchomić twrp, sformatować dane, a następnie jak zwykle zainstalować najnowszą wersję tygodniową? Nie potrzebujesz więcej rzeczy do szybkiego uruchamiania?
Witam :)
If you want to change stable to beta it should works without format data. You can try. If there will be problems with some apps you have to format data. Beta is newest then stable that's why it should flash without no problem.

ohtoulouz

Feb 2, 2011
Hello,
I have to wait for my Mi 11 bootloader to be unlocked. Meanwhile, I try to understand how to flash this ROM (I am new to Xiaomi, but not to Android). On Xiaomi.eu web site, it is written:
ROMs for devices with locked bootloader:
  • .... (after bootloader is unlocked)...
  • TWRP Recovery TWRP or TWRP.ME
  • FORMAT /data partition (NEVER wipe System or Persist!)
  • Copy our ROM to the internal storage
  • Install our ROM
  • Reboot
  • done
In order to flash ROM with TWRP, I am used to copy ROM zip to the internal storage before booting to recovery. I have never formatted data on my previous phones (Samsung, mainly), but I think this will erase the internal storage: so, ROM zip is no more available for flashing.
I do not know how to copy ROM to internal storage within TWRP after data is formatted: can you help me?
Thanks !

Pho3nX

Jun 13, 2013
Hello,
I have to wait for my Mi 11 bootloader to be unlocked. Meanwhile, I try to understand how to flash this ROM (I am new to Xiaomi, but not to Android). On Xiaomi.eu web site, it is written:
  • Install our ROM
  • Reboot
  • done
In order to flash ROM with TWRP, I am used to copy ROM zip to the internal storage before booting to recovery. I have never formatted data on my previous phones (Samsung, mainly), but I think this will erase the internal storage: so, ROM zip is no more available for flashing.
I do not know how to copy ROM to internal storage within TWRP after data is formatted: can you help me?
Thanks !
You make a mistake in the steps :
1/ You install TWRP first
2/ You format data under TWRP
3/ After that you copy/past ROM on the storage from your computer. Just plug/mount system partition under TWRP
4/ Flash ROM, Reboot, it's done

But FYI i advise to keep official ROM, Xiaomi.eu / MiuiMix roms have some tweaks but also a lot of bugs/bad trad (from chinese rom). For exemple Theme manager is on Chinese Google Trad, you can't search theme by true name and contents is not the same The me Manager EU / Global International. Other problem is RCS/MMS service for message, you can't use Messages (from google) and a lot of others SMS/MMS apps (the best is Textra SMS and it's the only SMS/MMS apps working fine).

And above all upgrade on this roms is dirty, you must each time download full rom, put rom on the storage, boot TWRP and upgrade. On official rom you can upgrade on local or OTA.

EDIT : On the lastest Xiaomi.eu (Weekly MIUI 12.6 - 21.7.28), all is fine now, had replaced Theme Manager by Global, Messages with RCS working (there a trick with permissions for enable fully Google Apps). My 4G/+ Signal seem to be better also on lastest Xiaomi.eu
However MiuiMix still have problem on Messages applications, especialy Google, can't send MMS (error message data is not activated) and imposiible to active RCS, and the visual answering on Phone.

So Keep Official ROM or Xiaomi.eu... Not MiuiMix for EU customers ^^

Last edited:
Reactions: ohtoulouz

Pho3nX

Jun 13, 2013
@Pho3nX, thank you for all these advices
You're Welcome, if you want like me :
+ Lastest EEA [EU] or Golbal Internation [MIX]
+ Root (or not, you choose)
+ Safety Mode granted, Protection like a Unroot Phone/Bootloader locked granted ^^ (Even Phone appair locked, Protection Localisation Phone / Erase / Block is granted)
+ Manual Upgrade localy (when you want pushed a upgrade not purposed or OTA (upgrade directly purposed by MIUI)
+ Tweaks / Tips : Block all ads, Youtube without ads, Debloat all your phone (freeze useless apps), active 90hz refresh, etc...
+ Keep your Root / Magisk Modules even after MIUI update

Just PM

Last edited:

friz

Feb 21, 2008
Hello,
  • Install our ROM
  • Reboot
  • done
Thanks !
Hello, found this video from same guy with bootloader unlocking. Very in deep guide:

malimt

Jun 4, 2014
El Fuego
@ingbrzy Hey there OP. Great job with this post! I just recently picked up a Mi11, and your post was excellent in guiding me to flash EU rom on the Chinese variant of the device. As a result, I made a small contribution for your time. My apologies for not being able to donate more; I hope that my small contribution helps you somehow! In case you are wondering, it's AL here.

Reactions: ingbrzy

andr123a

Feb 2, 2013
Hi all, just one question:
Once installed a stable version, what about updates?
On the first post you write "Installation via OTA is currently not possible due to missing TWRP"
But now TWRP works, therefore will OTA updates (for stable versions) work, too?

Thanks.

malimt

Jun 4, 2014
El Fuego
Hi all, just one question:
Once installed a stable version, what about updates?
On the first post you write "Installation via OTA is currently not possible due to missing TWRP"
But now TWRP works, therefore will OTA updates (for stable versions) work, too?

Thanks.
No, unfortunately, not. We will have to do updates via TWRP for now as far as I am aware. You have to download the latest stable, boot TWRP img, and flash the update without formatting.

Reactions: andr123a

kitamurt

Jun 22, 2019
my Mi11 's charing speed is limited to 20W according to my power meter even I use the original charging brick.

It was charging at 55W couple days ago, anyone have idea why this happen?
try changing the cable or the charging brick, this usually happens when the wires inside the cable begin to break. anyway i suggest you not to use fast charging very often, or the battery duration could be affected in the short term

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    can I dirty flash stable ROM over weekly ROM without data format?

No
    I'm currently on 21.9.8 (weekly build) - can I dirty flash stable ROM over weekly ROM without data format?

Or is data format necessary when moving from beta to stable?
    As so often written here, when changing from weekly to stable and vice versa, the format of the data is always a prerequisite.
    How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI 11

We will release fastboot ROM versions until TWRP for venus is released TWRP is RELEASED

Steps to install xiaomi.eu ROM for first time from China ROM (All your data and files on internal storage will be deleted!)
    - Update your stock ROM to the latest via updater app first..
    - Unlock your bootloader by Mi Unlock tool https://en.miui.com/unlock/
    - Download our ROM zip file BETA or STABLE
    - If you are on Windows: Right click on downloaded zip - Settings - Unblock zip content
    D9NcJZp.png

- Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
    - Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
    - Connect to PC via original USB cable
    - Run fastboot installation script as administrator from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

For Windows OS ./windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat
    For Linux ./linux_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh
    For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh

- After reboot its done (first boot may take up to 15min)

Steps to install update of xiaomi.eu ROM (All your data and files on internal storage will NOT be deleted!)
    - Download our ROM zip file WEEKLY or STABLE
    - Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
    - Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
    - Connect to PC via USB cable
    - Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

For Windows OS ./windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat
    For Linux ./linux_fastboot_update_rom.sh
    For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_update_rom.sh

Update guide on the video

- After reboot its done (first boot may take up to 10min)

Update via OTA:
    Installation via OTA is currently not possible due to missing TWRP
    Updater will notify you about new version and download it to your device for you
    You have to copy it to your PC, unpack it and run fastboot_update_rom sctipt

Enjoy.. :)

-----------EDIT 20.5.2021--------------

Since weekly 21.5.20, we are releasing TWRP version of our ROMs for MI11...

TWRP install via fastboot command
    Code:
    fastboot boot twrp.img

To change TWRP language to English, press bottom right button and select English..

TWRP for MI11 venus

For install ROM, just select in TWRP - Install - ROM zip - reboot

Enjoy.. :)
    Stupid question but EU network band work as it should ? L1 certificate? What about Google pay?
    all OK..

[Update!] So after 6 days of testing I am satisfied with 12.5 rom and stayed on this rom. But I did had a little adventure which I want to share. After first installation I uninstalled bunch of apps (some to many) and I had some random freezes and few minor bugs. So I tried to download EU stable but all of the files were corrupted on the export (I downloaded around 5 times from 3 different devices and exported with 3 different software's like WinRAR, 7zip and windows) and the result was always the same ending in errors. But non the less I tried to install it and I bricked my device :) first time :) So I tried to install global 12.0.3.0 and bricked my device for the second time :) (follow @PandaKiller instruction how to solve rollback protection if you want to go back from 12.5 to global or some other rom) and so I tried my last option that is to just install the same rom 12.5 which I was already on and that end up successful. I uninstall bunch of apps again but much less this time and the rom is very stable since than (March 6.) and works good. Insignificant battery drain on airplane mode or while the phone is off, around 4 - 6 % which is acceptable. Global rom have google dialer which for me is hideous and I like miui dialer much much more. EU 12.5 is noticeable faster and more responsive.​

Apps that I removed :

pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.mi.globalbrowser (MIUI browser)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox (Google)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.hotwordenrollment.xgoogle (Google Assistant)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.hotwordenrollment.okgoogle (Google Assistant)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.mi.health (MIUI Health)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.ar.lens (Google Lens)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.email (Mail)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.mms (Messaging)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.xiaomi.payment (Mi Coin)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.videoplayer (Mi Video)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.player (Music)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.notes (Notes)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.huanji (Mi Mover)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.weather2 (Weather)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.personalassistant (MIUI app vault)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.xiaomi.migameservice (Mi Game Service)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.protips (Home Screen Tips)

I updated uninstalled apps on 2 places where I posted it so for other users don't have same problems I had.
    Updated my Xiaomi Mi11 yesterday to EU-rom Stable.
    I've had many doubts about flashing, because so many people here bricked their Mi11's.

Followed all the rules, and..... it worked :)

Some remarks to people who have fear to update:

-my phone is European version, with latest 12.0.9 version on it. Not chinese (as the instrucions tell you). That is no problem for flashing the EU Rom.

-i unlocked bootloader through official Xiami unlock tool

-after unlock, i rebooted phone and set it up again (just quick and dirty). Also check if "OEM Unlock" is still switched on.

-after downloading ROM it was kind of hard to find the "Unblock zip content" in the properties of the zip-file. It's there right after you download the file, but disappears after some seconds, leaving you no option to select that in Windows. Kind of strange.
    I downloaded the file 3 times, third time i was quick enough to be able to tick the box.

-i followed all the rules stated in the start of this topic

-another part where it could have gone wrong: a couple of seconds after starting the update procedure in CMD, you see the screen stopping. Leaving you with the last message: "Successful". I almost wanted to plug out the usb-cable and restart, but then i realized: "this has taken only 20 seconds, it can't be that fast...". But: the screen on my pc didn't show any sign of further progress. So: my hands already became sweaty.... "oh no...another mi11 bricked". But: it worked. After some time the update process continued.
    So the advice here is: Stay Calm And Wait!! It will continue after a minute or so.

-i also got an error message in the end about not being able to create some disk part. But: that was no problem. Mi11 booted, which took around 8 minutes and then it was done.

Happy.