• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How To Guide [ROM][MIUI][venus] Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI 11

Search This thread

NexusPenguin

Sep 21, 2013
Xiaomi Mi 11
Just using a 3rd app for add gestures like Fluid and using a magisk module for hide 3 buttons bar.
You can read some explaination here in the "Knowed issue" part.
Hi,

Is this proven to work on MIUI 12.5.15 ?

Because as fas as I am concerned, I have NEVER been able to make those 3 buttons disappear...
All features that allow to hide Navigation on "Fluid" are not working on MIUI.

But if that works, then it's a nice thing to know.

Pho3nX

Jun 13, 2013
Hi,

Because as fas as I am concerned, I have NEVER been able to make those 3 buttons disappear...

It work, i've made the module for me and even the same for add 3 buttons, but in the link shared in my previous answer, a similar module is shared on the 2nd post

lil_kujo

Oct 29, 2015
OnePlus 7T
Hi,

It works and it also works with beta builds, I have used it since I change my recents and also there is another command to have the black bar removed on that MI 11 thread which doesn't break the bottom gestures so you can use FNG for back gestures and still keep the recentes stock gestures available.

NexusPenguin

Sep 21, 2013
Xiaomi Mi 11
Hi,

Thanks for your answers.

So basically, if I change phone tomorrow, I'll just have to make sure that it can be unlocked and rooted.

Will try to make sure the mi 11 Pro can do that... If not I'll stick to mi 11 (not Pro) but the larger battery and faster charging are quite appealing :)

Regards.

Pho3nX

Jun 13, 2013
Hi guys,
Any news about TWRP ROM?

It's the Xiaomi.eu thread here, not TWRP.

TWRP si not a ROM, but a recovery, and i think you talk about the A12 compatibility, so no there any news and seriously i think no for a good time, maybe never... but here it's not the thread for that.

everlethal

Nov 23, 2010
Sofia
Xiaomi Mi 11
It's the Xiaomi.eu thread here, not TWRP.

TWRP si not a ROM, but a recovery, and i think you talk about the A12 compatibility, so no there any news and seriously i think no for a good time, maybe never... but here it's not the thread for that.
I know that TWRP is recovery, not a ROM and you are right, I am talking about compatibility.
It's much easy than fastboot for me.
Thanks for you answer

basstek1

May 16, 2010
I have a problem sharing and receiving files via wifi direct. can someone check if it works for him? the latest version...

LowPro

Jul 6, 2007
Lisbon
I know but its not working
It is working perfectly here...
You need to expand each 'hidden' app, and check all checkboxes for that app to be 100% 'root hidden' 😎👍
Screenshot_2021-12-06-19-09-27-367_zzeqm.e.jpg

Paolo83

Aug 30, 2013
Novara
At this moment, Is there any disadvantages to upgrade from android11 to A12? Or Is all perfect?
Do you think that Miui13 could be ready (xiaomi.eu rom) in a few weeks? In this case i'm waiting for (in order to wipe my wife phone only one time).
Thanks

Marrurk86

Mar 14, 2020
At this moment, Is there any disadvantages to upgrade from android11 to A12? Or Is all perfect?
Do you think that Miui13 could be ready (xiaomi.eu rom) in a few weeks? In this case i'm waiting for (in order to wipe my wife phone only one time).
Thanks
telegram voice messages and pictures, Gmail attachments and all other apps that needs permissions to the storage didn't work for me. I'm not the onlyone with this bug. I was on the last A12 weekly and went back to the last stable.
I don't change my system before miui13 will be released. There is no advantage over MIUI 12.5 A11

Reactions: 4r44444

Hunteres

Nov 4, 2010
Dublin
Thanks
Plenty of bugs...its individual....some report camera broken...some cant use gpay...some has issues with bluetooth....

Its definitely not polished at all....
I am on aosp for now but waiting to miui 13 to switch

or965

Mar 2, 2013
Thanks
It quite stable for me but there was definitely some bugs, some of them got fixed on the two last eu beta.The bugs that was fixed are, If you scroll fast, it will sometimes stop for a second when it loads new data. Second the brightness slider did not change to the right slider position when you are on landscape mode.(only on old control center style) The bugs that I still see are some lags in apps like gmail and speedtest.When you pause a video on youtube it will sometimes will start play after couple of seconds. I think that the phone software is more smooth(less frames drops) from 21.12.1 beta and the lastest beta compared to the android 11 stable.

Last edited:

Mwaye

Dec 12, 2010
Hello,

Sorry, maybe I will ask questions that have already been asked several times but I want to be sure not to "brick" my phone again (error during fastboot flash).

I've got a Xiaomi Mi 11 (Venus) with the bootloader unlocked and TWRP installed.
I would like to install a newer ROM than the "MIUI Global 12.5.9 Stable" and root it:
  • Are the "xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11_21.12.8_v12-12-fastboot" and "xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11_V12.5.15.0.RKBCNXM_v12-11" ROMs compatible with my phone which runs on a MIUI Global ROM?
  • I didn't quite understand what the real differences between the so-called "stable" version and the "weekly" version in functionnality (one is flashable "TWRP" and the other in "fastboot" mode, is that correct)?
  • Is the Data format only necessary for the first install? If updated then what does this imply -whet need to be reinstalled?)?
  • Is TWRP kept / compatible / to be reinstalled afterwards?
  • I did not understand correctly for root with Magisk (as indicated in the first posts). What is the procedure ? Just flash the zip in TWRP?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.
Cordially,

BenjaMwaye

Last edited:

Hunteres

Nov 4, 2010
Dublin
Hello,

Sorry, maybe I will ask questions that have already been asked several times but I want to be sure not to "brick" my phone again (error during fastboot flash).

I've got a Xiaomi Mi 11 (Venus) with the bootloader unlocked and TWRP installed.
I would like to install a newer ROM than the "MIUI Global 12.5.9 Stable" and root it:
  • Are the "xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11_21.12.8_v12-12-fastboot" and "xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11_V12.5.15.0.RKBCNXM_v12-11" ROMs compatible with my phone which runs on a MIUI Global ROM?
  • I didn't quite understand what the real differences between the so-called "stable" version and the "weekly" version in functionnality (one is flashable "TWRP" and the other in "fastboot" mode, is that correct)?
  • Is the Data format only necessary for the first install? If updated then what does this imply -whet need to be reinstalled?)?
  • I did not understand correctly for root with Magisk (as indicated in the first posts). What is the procedure ? Just flash the zip in TWRP?

Cordially,

BenjaMwaye
1. Yes both for mi 11 only
2. Stable official update almost no bugs ...weekly updates more often - latest base and has more bugs
3. Data format is a must if you wanna avoid issue...as well between changing from stable to weekly...recommended yes... You may end up in bootloop and even worse...so format is a safe way
4.only on first install...when updating the same base format not necessary
5. On stable twrp stay on weekly no twrp as its fatboot for now...
6. For stable....just change name magisk.apk to magisk.zip and flash with twrp....for weekly you need to sideload with abd.

Marrurk86

Mar 14, 2020
Hello,

Cordially,

BenjaMwaye
Stable is a older version (A11) but with less/zero bugs. The weekly is up to date but with bugs, crashes etc. The base of the actual weekly is A12 an china beta Rom.

A12 don't work with TWRP, so no, TWRP can't be kept.

You can dirty flash weekly over weekly and stable over stable, so yes, data format only by first install

Mwaye

Dec 12, 2010
Hi again,

And thank you for your answers. Since it's been a while since I did this manipulation (stuck on a non-unlockable Huawey for the past 3 years), it reassures me to have the confidence that my phone is compatible. Given the information you give, I will move towards the stable version (+ TWRP + Root) with full formatting.
This will give me the flexibility I want and the ability to "easily" flash the next stable.

Thank you again for your very valuable clarifications.
And thank you for writing this very clear and practical tutorial.

Good evening.
Best regards,
BenjaMwaye

Edit : Install ROM "xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11_V12.5.15.0.RKBCNXM_v12-11" ROMs without problem ... thanks again for your help :)

Last edited:

Mwaye

Dec 12, 2010
Hi everybody,

Right after installing 12.5.15 ROM, 12.5.16 ROM was released.
So I installed it and add the Magisk root. I'm pretty happy with it.

I just have a few questions that question me (which maybe also happened on v12.5.15 because I haven't really tested it long enough to compare):
  • I notice a few interface lags at times, and then it becomes fluid again after a few tens of seconds. Is this normal?
  • Also during some phone calls, I noticed an audio lag. Maybe it's due to my operator, I'm not sure. -
  • And last observation, I have the impression of remembering that there was the VoWifi option in the 12.5.15 but it is not there in the 12.5.16. I saw several tutorials to activate it with a keyboard code but it doesn't work. Did you know if there is a way to activate it because I am not getting the operator network from my home.
thank you in advance for your help

Best regards,
BenjaMwaye

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Really hate those xiaomi engineers, already twrp, then suddenly back to fastboot.
    Xiaomi eu is based on china versions... So maybe we are lucky
    lucky? even if it released on 28th, I would still wait a few months
    Cause I can bet MIUI 13 (A12) will have plenty of bugs and it will take some time before most of them are fixed by xiaomi..
    mi first question, i will receive tomorrow an Mi 11 with an European Stock Rom.
    and i will open the bootloader to install an EU rom. which Rom will you recomend
    me, A11 or A12 based ROM?... thanks.
    A11 stable , all other have some bugs
    I can't send attachements in telegram and other apps do not even start when they need to download something... A bug with storage? Tried all A12 weeklys Mi 11 Venus
    when i update Mi 11 (21.12.8) i have also face same problem attachment & download problem in Telegram i found same version(21.12.8) upload again in froum i download and re upload my problam is sloved
    Any advice for not bricking again my device with fastboot script ?

Should I use a USB hub ?
    This time I got a new notebook I hope it doesn't brick again like half year ago.

It would be nice a recovery rom for user who don't have pin or password protection
    The only protection is to check if the MD5 match. This way you know if the file was download as it should be .
    How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI 11

We will release fastboot ROM versions until TWRP for venus is released TWRP is RELEASED

Steps to install xiaomi.eu ROM for first time from China ROM (All your data and files on internal storage will be deleted!)
    - Update your stock ROM to the latest via updater app first..
    - Unlock your bootloader by Mi Unlock tool https://en.miui.com/unlock/
    - Download our ROM zip file BETA or STABLE
    - If you are on Windows: Right click on downloaded zip - Settings - Unblock zip content
    D9NcJZp.png

- Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
    - Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
    - Connect to PC via original USB cable
    - Run fastboot installation script as administrator from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

For Windows OS ./windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat
    For Linux ./linux_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh
    For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh

- After reboot its done (first boot may take up to 15min)

Steps to install update of xiaomi.eu ROM (All your data and files on internal storage will NOT be deleted!)
    - Download our ROM zip file WEEKLY or STABLE
    - Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
    - Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
    - Connect to PC via USB cable
    - Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

For Windows OS ./windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat
    For Linux ./linux_fastboot_update_rom.sh
    For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_update_rom.sh

Update guide on the video

- After reboot its done (first boot may take up to 10min)

Update via OTA:
    Installation via OTA is currently not possible due to missing TWRP
    Updater will notify you about new version and download it to your device for you
    You have to copy it to your PC, unpack it and run fastboot_update_rom sctipt

Enjoy.. :)

-----------EDIT 20.5.2021--------------

Since weekly 21.5.20, we are releasing TWRP version of our ROMs for MI11...

TWRP install via fastboot command
    Code:
    fastboot boot twrp.img

To change TWRP language to English, press bottom right button and select English..

TWRP for MI11 venus

For install ROM, just select in TWRP - Install - ROM zip - reboot

Enjoy.. :)
    Stupid question but EU network band work as it should ? L1 certificate? What about Google pay?
    all OK..

[Update!] So after 6 days of testing I am satisfied with 12.5 rom and stayed on this rom. But I did had a little adventure which I want to share. After first installation I uninstalled bunch of apps (some to many) and I had some random freezes and few minor bugs. So I tried to download EU stable but all of the files were corrupted on the export (I downloaded around 5 times from 3 different devices and exported with 3 different software's like WinRAR, 7zip and windows) and the result was always the same ending in errors. But non the less I tried to install it and I bricked my device :) first time :) So I tried to install global 12.0.3.0 and bricked my device for the second time :) (follow @PandaKiller instruction how to solve rollback protection if you want to go back from 12.5 to global or some other rom) and so I tried my last option that is to just install the same rom 12.5 which I was already on and that end up successful. I uninstall bunch of apps again but much less this time and the rom is very stable since than (March 6.) and works good. Insignificant battery drain on airplane mode or while the phone is off, around 4 - 6 % which is acceptable. Global rom have google dialer which for me is hideous and I like miui dialer much much more. EU 12.5 is noticeable faster and more responsive.​

Apps that I removed :

pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.mi.globalbrowser (MIUI browser)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox (Google)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.hotwordenrollment.xgoogle (Google Assistant)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.hotwordenrollment.okgoogle (Google Assistant)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.mi.health (MIUI Health)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.ar.lens (Google Lens)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.email (Mail)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.mms (Messaging)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.xiaomi.payment (Mi Coin)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.videoplayer (Mi Video)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.player (Music)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.notes (Notes)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.huanji (Mi Mover)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.weather2 (Weather)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.personalassistant (MIUI app vault)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.xiaomi.migameservice (Mi Game Service)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.protips (Home Screen Tips)

I updated uninstalled apps on 2 places where I posted it so for other users don't have same problems I had.
    Updated my Xiaomi Mi11 yesterday to EU-rom Stable.
    I've had many doubts about flashing, because so many people here bricked their Mi11's.

Followed all the rules, and..... it worked :)

Some remarks to people who have fear to update:

-my phone is European version, with latest 12.0.9 version on it. Not chinese (as the instrucions tell you). That is no problem for flashing the EU Rom.

-i unlocked bootloader through official Xiami unlock tool

-after unlock, i rebooted phone and set it up again (just quick and dirty). Also check if "OEM Unlock" is still switched on.

-after downloading ROM it was kind of hard to find the "Unblock zip content" in the properties of the zip-file. It's there right after you download the file, but disappears after some seconds, leaving you no option to select that in Windows. Kind of strange.
    I downloaded the file 3 times, third time i was quick enough to be able to tick the box.

-i followed all the rules stated in the start of this topic

-another part where it could have gone wrong: a couple of seconds after starting the update procedure in CMD, you see the screen stopping. Leaving you with the last message: "Successful". I almost wanted to plug out the usb-cable and restart, but then i realized: "this has taken only 20 seconds, it can't be that fast...". But: the screen on my pc didn't show any sign of further progress. So: my hands already became sweaty.... "oh no...another mi11 bricked". But: it worked. After some time the update process continued.
    So the advice here is: Stay Calm And Wait!! It will continue after a minute or so.

-i also got an error message in the end about not being able to create some disk part. But: that was no problem. Mi11 booted, which took around 8 minutes and then it was done.

Happy.