How To Guide [ROM][MIUI][venus] Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI 11

Search This thread

Rigardi

Jan 11, 2009
Vienna
Omg - you should have checked that before posting two posts about TWRP

Anyway, various apps use various methods to detect unsecure environment (Bootloader unlocked, not-stock ROM, etc).
I don't use your eGov app and have no idea.
Ask if somebody else uses, and precisely which app

Btw, there are a lot of discussions about hiding from this and that app and how in General Magisk thread - but it requires Magisk/root and its modules. You could check also there
TWRP is definitely on my phone. its where I land if I reboot into recovery (I assume it has become part of the Xiaomi EU ROM for Mi 11 since a A12 compatible version was created). Apparently it was implemented without the need for said folder(?)

the app in question is "Digitales Amt"

it starts fine but once you try to login it will show an integrity check message and close itself on my phone.

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
TWRP is definitely on my phone. its where I land if I reboot into recovery (I assume it has become part of the Xiaomi EU ROM for Mi 11 since a A12 compatible version was created). Apparently it was implemented without the need for said folder(?)

the app in question is "Digitales Amt"
play.google.com
Digitales Amt - Apps on Google Play
Manage where I am.
play.google.com

it starts fine but once you try to login it will show an integrity check message and close itself on my phone
Maybe it doesn't need folder. Maybe you didn't do Backup etc. Where is your problem if TWRP works for you and you have no folder.
Experiment some things yourself with your phone - I'm not developer of that TWRP and cannot provide support for

Your app starts fine for me but I'm not an Austrian citizen and cannot login (and don't understand German enough to play further with the app)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-08-17-16-56-21-218_at.gv.oe.app.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-17-16-56-21-218_at.gv.oe.app.jpg
    521.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Rigardi

Jan 11, 2009
Vienna
Maybe it doesn't need folder. Maybe you didn't do Backup etc. Where is your problem if TWRP works for you and you have no folder.
Experiment some things yourself with your phone - I'm not developer of that TWRP and cannot provide support for

Your app starts fine for me but I'm not an Austrian citizen and cannot login (and don't understand German enough to play further with the app)
The issue is that renaming the TWRP folder might have solved the detection of the unlocked Bootloader as it was suggested here

cant do that ofc if a folder doesnt exist.

the only thing I would like to know, if youre willing to test this, is if the "Digitales Amt" app also puts out an error msg ("Integritätsprüfung fehlgeschlagen") for you once you try to login (press "Anmelden" and then "Anmelden mit ID Austria...") and then closes.

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
The issue is that renaming the TWRP folder might have solved the detection of the unlocked Bootloader as it was suggested here

cant do that ofc if a folder doesnt exist.

the only thing I would like to know, if youre willing to test this, is if the "Digitales Amt" app also puts out an error msg ("Integritätsprüfung fehlgeschlagen") for you once you try to login (press "Anmelden" and then "Anmelden mit ID Austria...") and then closes.
How do you think that renaming non-existing folder will solve your problem?!

Some apps look for TWRP folder - if they find it, they guess you must have had unlocked your Bootloader.
And in that case it helps to rename TWRP folder (they will not find it and hopefully they will not complain)

But if you DON'T HAVE TWRP folder, then OBVIOUSLY your eGov app CNNOT/DID NOT FIND it, and therefore that was not the reason for its 'root' detection nand hence there is no 'solution' in renaming that non-existent folder😁

Detecting TWRP folder is just one (and very primitive) of several techniques that banking and similar apps may use. And therefore (renaming TWRP folder, if you would have it) is just ONE OF MANY possible tricks to try (but usually those other tricks are not that simple and they require Magisk and its modules)

Rigardi

Jan 11, 2009
Vienna
How do you think that renaming non-existing folder will solve your problem?!

Some apps look for TWRP folder - if they find it, they guess you must have had unlocked your Bootloader.
And in that case it helps to rename TWRP folder (they will not find it and hopefully they will not complain)

But if you DON'T HAVE TWRP folder, then OBVIOUSLY your eGov app CNNOT/DID NOT FIND it, and therefore that was not the reason for its 'root' detection nand hence there is no 'solution' in renaming that non-existent folder😁

Detecting TWRP folder is just one (and very primitive) of several techniques that banking and similar apps may use. And therefore (renaming TWRP folder, if you would have it) is just ONE OF MANY possible tricks to try (but usually those other tricks are not that simple and they require Magisk and its modules)
I am fully aware that the folder renaming route very obviously won't work for me, no need to be condescending. Ofc I had hoped this folder would exist somewhere on my system to be able to give it a try, but - again: obviously - the eGov app is taking a different approach.

But Im still curious and would like to know if the same issue turns up on other people's Mi 11 with the same ROM.
I do expect it does, since it would be the logical conclusion.

Lagostas

Oct 31, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 11
Hello Guys,

I want to install a custom recovery(TWRP?) and the xiaomi.eu rom on my Mi 11 (Venus) with the rom version Global 13.0.7 (SKBEUXM) Android 12.

I read this indications in other topic:

• Install minimal adb and fastboot on your PC
  • Download magisk.zip (on your phone) and save it in a directory of your choice
  • Download the right twrp for your device on your PC
  • Rename the twrp image into twrp.img (attention the .img must replace the extension of the file on windows and not be part of the name,so make sure you can read file extensions on windows first)
  • Put the twrp image into the adb folder
  • Activate usb debugging into developer options (to activate developer options tap 7/8 over MIUI version into system info)
  • Plug your phone into your PC
  • Go into your adb folder and run the cmd prompt as administrator by right clicking on "cmd-here"
  • You should now have a cmd prompt opened directly into your adb folder
  • Run now the command "adb devices" the daemon will start asking on your phone for granting authorization
  • Your phone should now be recognized on your adb
  • Now reboot your phone into fastboot (you can do it via adb with a command or do it manually by shutting down your phone and booting it pressing and holding your power button plus volume down until fastboot splash screen appears on your phone, you should hear a notification sound in Windows when this happens)
  • Run the command "fastboot devices" and make sure your device is listed
  • If yes now run the command "fastboot boot twrp.img"
  • Your phone now should automatically reboot into twrp
  • Upon booting twrp will ask for your screen lock password (if a pattern you need to draw it to allow permission to twrp to look into your directories)
  • Now you have to change your twrp ui language into English so tap on the 3rd button on the right-> then click on the globe icon on the top right and select english then apply
  • Now that you have your twrp in english go to wipe->manual wipe-> wipe art cache and dalvik
  • Now exit and go into system-> browse your directories to find your magisk.zip-> select magisk.zip and swipe right to flash -> wait for the installation process -> wipe cache and dalvik again by tapping on the bottom left button and then reboot into system.
  • Once booted into your phone again tap on magisk into your apps drawer and follow the recommended steps.
  • Once finished reboot your phone again
  • Congratulations you have now successfully rooted your phone
Rom install:

• FORMAT /data partition (NEVER wipe System or Persist!)
  • Copy our ROM to the internal storage
  • Install our ROM
  • Reboot
  • done
This is the correct steps to install? Or i need to have carefull with some step.

I have search for a twrp version and the version available on the twrp website is the twrp-3.6.2_11-0-venus.img.

Is this version the correct one?

Thanks for help guys.

Have a nice day

or965

Mar 2, 2013
Hello Guys,

I want to install a custom recovery(TWRP?) and the xiaomi.eu rom on my Mi 11 (Venus) with the rom version Global 13.0.7 (SKBEUXM) Android 12.

I read this indications in other topic:

• Install minimal adb and fastboot on your PC
  • Download magisk.zip (on your phone) and save it in a directory of your choice
  • Download the right twrp for your device on your PC
  • Rename the twrp image into twrp.img (attention the .img must replace the extension of the file on windows and not be part of the name,so make sure you can read file extensions on windows first)
  • Put the twrp image into the adb folder
  • Activate usb debugging into developer options (to activate developer options tap 7/8 over MIUI version into system info)
  • Plug your phone into your PC
  • Go into your adb folder and run the cmd prompt as administrator by right clicking on "cmd-here"
  • You should now have a cmd prompt opened directly into your adb folder
  • Run now the command "adb devices" the daemon will start asking on your phone for granting authorization
  • Your phone should now be recognized on your adb
  • Now reboot your phone into fastboot (you can do it via adb with a command or do it manually by shutting down your phone and booting it pressing and holding your power button plus volume down until fastboot splash screen appears on your phone, you should hear a notification sound in Windows when this happens)
  • Run the command "fastboot devices" and make sure your device is listed
  • If yes now run the command "fastboot boot twrp.img"
  • Your phone now should automatically reboot into twrp
  • Upon booting twrp will ask for your screen lock password (if a pattern you need to draw it to allow permission to twrp to look into your directories)
  • Now you have to change your twrp ui language into English so tap on the 3rd button on the right-> then click on the globe icon on the top right and select english then apply
  • Now that you have your twrp in english go to wipe->manual wipe-> wipe art cache and dalvik
  • Now exit and go into system-> browse your directories to find your magisk.zip-> select magisk.zip and swipe right to flash -> wait for the installation process -> wipe cache and dalvik again by tapping on the bottom left button and then reboot into system.
  • Once booted into your phone again tap on magisk into your apps drawer and follow the recommended steps.
  • Once finished reboot your phone again
  • Congratulations you have now successfully rooted your phone
Rom install:

• FORMAT /data partition (NEVER wipe System or Persist!)
  • Copy our ROM to the internal storage
  • Install our ROM
  • Reboot
  • done
This is the correct steps to install? Or i need to have carefull with some step.

I have search for a twrp version and the version available on the twrp website is the twrp-3.6.2_11-0-venus.img.

Is this version the correct one?

Thanks for help guys.

Have a nice day
I recommend you to use this twrp https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=321497
Download the skkk version.
Rom flash instructions.
1.Reboot to fastboot mode.
2."fastboot boot twrp.img" on windows cmd
3.go to Advanced ,then Flash Current TWRP
3.FORMAT /data partition
4.reboot to twrp.
5.flash the rom.
6.Reboot.
Note, It is recommend to remove the current password before doing this.

Last edited:

or965

Mar 2, 2013
Hello @or965 ,

"I recommend you to use this twrp https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=15664248565197208654"

This recovery supports the installation of the android 12 Xiaomi EU rom correct?

"Note, It is recommend to remove the current password before doing this."

Remove the access pin (LockScreen) in the stock rom?

Thanks for the help.
You should be able to install any xiaomi miui ROM.
Yes,before,remove the pin in your current stock rom if you have one.

Zimty86

Sep 9, 2013
Xiaomi Mi 11
I would like to install the Leica camera, since the Leica camera is lower in version than this in the Rom I can not update this.

About ADB command I can install or downgrade, but after restarting the old file is back on it.

Does anyone know a solution ?
Or can I uninstall the camera via the twrp file manager ?

zajecc

Jun 14, 2013
Warsaw
Hi everyone, I have a problem with uploading xiaomi.eu. The problem is that I currently have a ROM] [12.1] [VENUS] Pixel Experience, when I want to upload xiaomi.eu, I start by uploading TWRP for MI11 (https://androidfilehost.com/?a=show&w=files&flid=318170) . Is use typical command:

Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
fastboot boot twrp.img

everything goes ok, but after the fastboot reboot command, I still start the Pixel Experience recovery and not the usual TWRP
did any of you come back from another ROM on xiaomi.eu? how to do it?

or965

Mar 2, 2013
Hi everyone, I have a problem with uploading xiaomi.eu. The problem is that I currently have a ROM] [12.1] [VENUS] Pixel Experience, when I want to upload xiaomi.eu, I start by uploading TWRP for MI11 (https://androidfilehost.com/?a=show&w=files&flid=318170) . Is use typical command:

Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
fastboot boot twrp.img

everything goes ok, but after the fastboot reboot command, I still start the Pixel Experience recovery and not the usual TWRP
did any of you come back from another ROM on xiaomi.eu? how to do it?
It happened to me too.You need to flash a miui 13 fastboot rom.You can just use older fastboot miui 13.eu .After flashing twrp,It will boot to twrp as it should.

stino.cele

Dec 10, 2018
Sardinia
Hi, is it possible to install updates without the help of a PC? Without necessarily having to download the rom from a PC every time and without giving the command fastboot.exe boot twrp.img
For venus

or965

Mar 2, 2013
Hi, is it possible to install updates without the help of a PC? Without necessarily having to download the rom from a PC every time and without giving the command fastboot.exe boot twrp.img
For venus
You can flash twrp to be more permanent and then just boot to twrp and flash the update when you want without the need to flash it on the computer every time.
For flashing twrp.
3.go to Advanced ,then Flash Current TWRP.
4.reboot.

Reactions: stino.cele

stino.cele

Dec 10, 2018
Sardinia
You can flash twrp to be more permanent and then just boot to twrp and flash the update when you want without the need to flash it on the computer every time.
For flashing twrp.
4.reboot
Didn't know it can be done on A12, in which directory?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What's wrong? Coming from latest miui dev ROM, cannot flash
    random TWRP issue..
    reboot to TWRP again until it installs correctly..
    For venus
    For flashing twrp.
    4.reboot.
    Didn't know you could on A12, in which directory?
    I update to the last beta today with twrp without issues .I boot to twrp pressing the power and volume up buttons. You need to use this twrp
    https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=321497
    Download the skkk version.
    Didn't know it can be done on A12, in which directory?
    The following guide explains EVERYTHING one needs to know to install custom recoveries to Xiaomi phones for MIUI 13/A12: where to download from, how to install temporary (for one time booting) and permanently:

It's all about taking time and carefully reading (if necessary, several times). All those who did so, were able to do it without further questions

Good luck
    How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI 11

We will release fastboot ROM versions until TWRP for venus is released TWRP is RELEASED

Steps to install xiaomi.eu ROM for first time from China ROM (All your data and files on internal storage will be deleted!)
    - Update your stock ROM to the latest via updater app first..
    - Unlock your bootloader by Mi Unlock tool https://en.miui.com/unlock/
    - Download our ROM zip file BETA or STABLE
    - If you are on Windows: Right click on downloaded zip - Settings - Unblock zip content
    D9NcJZp.png

- Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
    - Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
    - Connect to PC via original USB cable
    - Run fastboot installation script as administrator from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

For Windows OS ./windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat
    For Linux ./linux_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh
    For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh

- After reboot its done (first boot may take up to 15min)

Steps to install update of xiaomi.eu ROM (All your data and files on internal storage will NOT be deleted!)
    - Download our ROM zip file WEEKLY or STABLE
    - Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
    - Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
    - Connect to PC via USB cable
    - Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

For Windows OS ./windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat
    For Linux ./linux_fastboot_update_rom.sh
    For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_update_rom.sh

Update guide on the video

- After reboot its done (first boot may take up to 10min)

Update via OTA:
    Installation via OTA is currently not possible due to missing TWRP
    Updater will notify you about new version and download it to your device for you
    You have to copy it to your PC, unpack it and run fastboot_update_rom sctipt

Enjoy.. :)

-----------EDIT 20.5.2021--------------

Since weekly 21.5.20, we are releasing TWRP version of our ROMs for MI11...

TWRP install via fastboot command
    Code:
    fastboot boot twrp.img

To change TWRP language to English, press bottom right button and select English..

TWRP for MI11 venus

For install ROM, just select in TWRP - Install - ROM zip - reboot

Enjoy.. :)
    Stupid question but EU network band work as it should ? L1 certificate? What about Google pay?
    all OK..

[Update!] So after 6 days of testing I am satisfied with 12.5 rom and stayed on this rom. But I did had a little adventure which I want to share. After first installation I uninstalled bunch of apps (some to many) and I had some random freezes and few minor bugs. So I tried to download EU stable but all of the files were corrupted on the export (I downloaded around 5 times from 3 different devices and exported with 3 different software's like WinRAR, 7zip and windows) and the result was always the same ending in errors. But non the less I tried to install it and I bricked my device :) first time :) So I tried to install global 12.0.3.0 and bricked my device for the second time :) (follow @PandaKiller instruction how to solve rollback protection if you want to go back from 12.5 to global or some other rom) and so I tried my last option that is to just install the same rom 12.5 which I was already on and that end up successful. I uninstall bunch of apps again but much less this time and the rom is very stable since than (March 6.) and works good. Insignificant battery drain on airplane mode or while the phone is off, around 4 - 6 % which is acceptable. Global rom have google dialer which for me is hideous and I like miui dialer much much more. EU 12.5 is noticeable faster and more responsive.​

Apps that I removed :

pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.mi.globalbrowser (MIUI browser)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox (Google)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.hotwordenrollment.xgoogle (Google Assistant)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.hotwordenrollment.okgoogle (Google Assistant)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.mi.health (MIUI Health)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.ar.lens (Google Lens)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.email (Mail)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.mms (Messaging)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.xiaomi.payment (Mi Coin)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.videoplayer (Mi Video)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.player (Music)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.notes (Notes)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.huanji (Mi Mover)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.weather2 (Weather)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.personalassistant (MIUI app vault)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.xiaomi.migameservice (Mi Game Service)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.protips (Home Screen Tips)

I updated uninstalled apps on 2 places where I posted it so for other users don't have same problems I had.
    Updated my Xiaomi Mi11 yesterday to EU-rom Stable.
    I've had many doubts about flashing, because so many people here bricked their Mi11's.

Followed all the rules, and..... it worked :)

Some remarks to people who have fear to update:

-my phone is European version, with latest 12.0.9 version on it. Not chinese (as the instrucions tell you). That is no problem for flashing the EU Rom.

-i unlocked bootloader through official Xiami unlock tool

-after unlock, i rebooted phone and set it up again (just quick and dirty). Also check if "OEM Unlock" is still switched on.

-after downloading ROM it was kind of hard to find the "Unblock zip content" in the properties of the zip-file. It's there right after you download the file, but disappears after some seconds, leaving you no option to select that in Windows. Kind of strange.
    I downloaded the file 3 times, third time i was quick enough to be able to tick the box.

-i followed all the rules stated in the start of this topic

-another part where it could have gone wrong: a couple of seconds after starting the update procedure in CMD, you see the screen stopping. Leaving you with the last message: "Successful". I almost wanted to plug out the usb-cable and restart, but then i realized: "this has taken only 20 seconds, it can't be that fast...". But: the screen on my pc didn't show any sign of further progress. So: my hands already became sweaty.... "oh no...another mi11 bricked". But: it worked. After some time the update process continued.
    So the advice here is: Stay Calm And Wait!! It will continue after a minute or so.

-i also got an error message in the end about not being able to create some disk part. But: that was no problem. Mi11 booted, which took around 8 minutes and then it was done.

Happy.