How To Guide [ROM][MIUI][venus] Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI 11

Search This thread

thegios

Mar 16, 2006
Latina
Apologize for all the spamming, but I thought this would still be useful..
So at the moment I am left with only two issues:
- Security app complaining that Google MEssages is set as default sms app and can read my messages (duh"
- WORK profile

I sorted out also WORK profile, well sort of...

It seems that I had enabled the DUAl APPS account. I have delted the DUAl APPS account and now when I share or in Photos I do not see anymore the PROFILE/WORK tab. Thing is taht I still do not see a way to enable WORK profile.

So questions are:
1. How do I enable a WORK profile?
2. Why if I enable DUAl APPS the PERSONAL/WORk tab apperas?

thegios

Mar 16, 2006
Latina
no way... wifi broken for some reason: I restart the phone, wifi works, screen goes off, turn on phone, wifi signal at max strength bu mo connection

2parks

Mar 25, 2018
Google Pixel 5
Just unlocked my bootloader and installed the most recent weekly. So far so good, except for AOD crashes when I try to add my own profile/pic. OK google is not working when the screen is off/locked. Cellular signal seems to be weaker than when on the stock china rom, but I havent ventued outside yet to really try it as its always weak in my basement, with the china rom id get 1 bar but with this rom none. I am loving this version and thank-you very much to the developers. I'm sure the bugs will get fixed in upcoming updates.

update: After a day of use at work everything works great, aod now works to add profile, good cellular connection, google pay works. Still cant get ok google to work with screen off but besides that its perfect. Awesme rom thanks @ingbrzy and xiaomi.eu team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Be6i4

pittrich

Nov 13, 2009
Berlin
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
Google Pixel 5
Hi Guys.
Now I want to give my experience with Fastboot ROM to the best.
After I was finally able to successfully unlock my bootloader yesterday, I immediately successfully flashed the first build. Immediately afterwards I pushed the current build afterwards using an update script. All in all, it took about 15 minutes. After that I set up the ROM. After one or two restarts, the initial lags were gone. The only thing I can't manage is unlocking via Bluetooth with my Mi Watch. It worked perfectly under the original China ROM. I hope the devs manage to bake the appropriate bluetooth protocol into the ROM.
Today I still successfully rooted. The safetynet check was successfully completed after a restart. I'll check whether Google Pay works the next time I shop. In any case, my Targobank app works.
So far, apart from the incorrectly displayed Google search bar and the impossibility of adding an unlocking device, I couldn't find any errors.
Now all that's missing is TWRP.
Thanks to the devs for their hard work.

Edit: Google Pay works 👍🏼

hewlett2008

Nov 27, 2010
Karlsruhe
Xiaomi Mi MIX 4
Hi Guys.
Now I want to give my experience with Fastboot ROM to the best.
After I was finally able to successfully unlock my bootloader yesterday, I immediately successfully flashed the first build. Immediately afterwards I pushed the current build afterwards using an update script. All in all, it took about 15 minutes. After that I set up the ROM. After one or two restarts, the initial lags were gone. The only thing I can't manage is unlocking via Bluetooth with my Mi Watch. It worked perfectly under the original China ROM. I hope the devs manage to bake the appropriate bluetooth protocol into the ROM.
Today I still successfully rooted. The safetynet check was successfully completed after a restart. I'll check whether Google Pay works the next time I shop. In any case, my Targobank app works.
So far, apart from the incorrectly displayed Google search bar and the impossibility of adding an unlocking device, I couldn't find any errors.
Now all that's missing is TWRP.
Thanks to the devs for their hard work.

Edit: Google Pay works 👍🏼
How did you root the device?

pittrich

Nov 13, 2009
Berlin
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
Google Pixel 5
I still found a bug. No individual apps are displayed in dark mode.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-25-21-29-02-387_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-25-21-29-02-387_com.android.settings.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 78

RexXxuS

Feb 15, 2011
Hey guys,
after 168 hours waiting, I finally unlocked my Xiaomi Mi 11 yesterday.
I then precisely followed the steps and after running
For Windows OS ./ windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat
the process got stuck at "sending modem_ab images"...
Nothing, I waited for 30 minutes but nothing happened.
Well, I closed it and tried again without recognizing the phone at all now.
I tried to reboot my phone into fastboot but you guess it: it is bricked now.

Anyone have a magic trick how I can unbrick my phone now?
It is not even booting into fastboot anymore. It is completely black, nothing.

Last edited:

feng.zh.cfo

Feb 12, 2015
Hey guys,
after 168 hours waiting, I finally unlocked my Xiaomi Mi 11 yesterday.
I then precisely followed the steps and after running

the process got stuck at "sending modem_ab images"...
Nothing, I waited for 30 minutes but nothing happened.
Well, I closed it and tried again without recognizing the phone at all now.
I tried to reboot my phone into fastboot but you guess it: it is bricked now.

Anyone have a magic trick how I can unbrick my phone now?
It is not even booting into fastboot anymore. It is completely black, nothing.
windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat
first install run this.

RexXxuS

Feb 15, 2011
windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat
first install run this.
Thanks mate, sorry, I meant that one. I did run the first install one and it got stuck at sending modem_ab images.
Right now, I'm quite lost :( I connect the phone to the PC and absolutely nothing happens. The phone itself also does not give any life signs.

RexXxuS

Feb 15, 2011
Update:
there is only ONE remaining life sign available, when I connect my Mi 11 with my PC, there is coming up this driver device:
1611826106547.png

It's my last hope but so far adb isn't liking it anyways
1611826144080.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI 11

We will release fastboot ROM versions until TWRP for venus is released TWRP is RELEASED

Steps to install xiaomi.eu ROM for first time from China ROM (All your data and files on internal storage will be deleted!)
    - Update your stock ROM to the latest via updater app first..
    - Unlock your bootloader by Mi Unlock tool https://en.miui.com/unlock/
    - Download our ROM zip file BETA or STABLE
    - If you are on Windows: Right click on downloaded zip - Settings - Unblock zip content
    D9NcJZp.png

- Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
    - Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
    - Connect to PC via original USB cable
    - Run fastboot installation script as administrator from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

For Windows OS ./windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat
    For Linux ./linux_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh
    For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh

- After reboot its done (first boot may take up to 15min)

Steps to install update of xiaomi.eu ROM (All your data and files on internal storage will NOT be deleted!)
    - Download our ROM zip file WEEKLY or STABLE
    - Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
    - Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
    - Connect to PC via USB cable
    - Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

For Windows OS ./windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat
    For Linux ./linux_fastboot_update_rom.sh
    For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_update_rom.sh

Update guide on the video

- After reboot its done (first boot may take up to 10min)

Update via OTA:
    Installation via OTA is currently not possible due to missing TWRP
    Updater will notify you about new version and download it to your device for you
    You have to copy it to your PC, unpack it and run fastboot_update_rom sctipt

Enjoy.. :)

-----------EDIT 20.5.2021--------------

Since weekly 21.5.20, we are releasing TWRP version of our ROMs for MI11...

TWRP install via fastboot command
    Code:
    fastboot boot twrp.img

To change TWRP language to English, press bottom right button and select English..

TWRP for MI11 venus

For install ROM, just select in TWRP - Install - ROM zip - reboot

Enjoy.. :)
    Stupid question but EU network band work as it should ? L1 certificate? What about Google pay?
    all OK..

[Update!] So after 6 days of testing I am satisfied with 12.5 rom and stayed on this rom. But I did had a little adventure which I want to share. After first installation I uninstalled bunch of apps (some to many) and I had some random freezes and few minor bugs. So I tried to download EU stable but all of the files were corrupted on the export (I downloaded around 5 times from 3 different devices and exported with 3 different software's like WinRAR, 7zip and windows) and the result was always the same ending in errors. But non the less I tried to install it and I bricked my device :) first time :) So I tried to install global 12.0.3.0 and bricked my device for the second time :) (follow @PandaKiller instruction how to solve rollback protection if you want to go back from 12.5 to global or some other rom) and so I tried my last option that is to just install the same rom 12.5 which I was already on and that end up successful. I uninstall bunch of apps again but much less this time and the rom is very stable since than (March 6.) and works good. Insignificant battery drain on airplane mode or while the phone is off, around 4 - 6 % which is acceptable. Global rom have google dialer which for me is hideous and I like miui dialer much much more. EU 12.5 is noticeable faster and more responsive.​

Apps that I removed :

pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.mi.globalbrowser (MIUI browser)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox (Google)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.hotwordenrollment.xgoogle (Google Assistant)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.hotwordenrollment.okgoogle (Google Assistant)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.mi.health (MIUI Health)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.ar.lens (Google Lens)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.email (Mail)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.mms (Messaging)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.xiaomi.payment (Mi Coin)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.videoplayer (Mi Video)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.player (Music)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.notes (Notes)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.huanji (Mi Mover)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.weather2 (Weather)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.personalassistant (MIUI app vault)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.xiaomi.migameservice (Mi Game Service)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.protips (Home Screen Tips)

I updated uninstalled apps on 2 places where I posted it so for other users don't have same problems I had.
    Updated my Xiaomi Mi11 yesterday to EU-rom Stable.
    I've had many doubts about flashing, because so many people here bricked their Mi11's.

Followed all the rules, and..... it worked :)

Some remarks to people who have fear to update:

-my phone is European version, with latest 12.0.9 version on it. Not chinese (as the instrucions tell you). That is no problem for flashing the EU Rom.

-i unlocked bootloader through official Xiami unlock tool

-after unlock, i rebooted phone and set it up again (just quick and dirty). Also check if "OEM Unlock" is still switched on.

-after downloading ROM it was kind of hard to find the "Unblock zip content" in the properties of the zip-file. It's there right after you download the file, but disappears after some seconds, leaving you no option to select that in Windows. Kind of strange.
    I downloaded the file 3 times, third time i was quick enough to be able to tick the box.

-i followed all the rules stated in the start of this topic

-another part where it could have gone wrong: a couple of seconds after starting the update procedure in CMD, you see the screen stopping. Leaving you with the last message: "Successful". I almost wanted to plug out the usb-cable and restart, but then i realized: "this has taken only 20 seconds, it can't be that fast...". But: the screen on my pc didn't show any sign of further progress. So: my hands already became sweaty.... "oh no...another mi11 bricked". But: it worked. After some time the update process continued.
    So the advice here is: Stay Calm And Wait!! It will continue after a minute or so.

-i also got an error message in the end about not being able to create some disk part. But: that was no problem. Mi11 booted, which took around 8 minutes and then it was done.

Happy.