How To Guide [ROM][MIUI][venus] Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI 11

Search This thread

Lagostas

Oct 31, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 11
Hello @or965 ,

Thanks for all the help. I was able to install the recovery and rom without any problem.

@or965 do you know how to root this rom? I use the weekly A12 rom and I don't have fastboot rom to do root...

Can you please help?

Thanks.

Best Regards

or965

Mar 2, 2013
Hello @or965 ,

Thanks for all the help. I was able to install the recovery and rom without any problem.

@or965 do you know how to root this rom? I use the weekly A12 rom and I don't have fastboot rom to do root...

Can you please help?

Thanks.

Best Regards
You just need to unzip the recovery ROM which contain the boot.img file, Install magisk app, patch the boot.img and flash it with fastboot commend fastboot flash magisk_patched_XXXXX.img.You can also do it on twrp
1.boot to twrp
2.press install, then install image.
3. Choose the patched boot.img that you made with magisk app.
4. choose Boot and swipe to confirm flash .

Lagostas

Oct 31, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 11
Hello @or965

The ROM installed is the follow:

Version Recovery
rom.jpg

I read in the root steps that we need to download the fastboot rom, but I only have the recovery version to download..

Can I use this recovery rom boot file in magisk?

Print.jpg

Thanks.

or965

Mar 2, 2013
Hello @or965

The ROM installed is the follow:

Version Recovery
View attachment 5714411

I read in the root steps that we need to download the fastboot rom, but I only have the recovery version to download..

Can I use this recovery rom boot file in magisk?

View attachment 5714403

Thanks.
Yes, this is the boot.img file that you need to use . Do not forget that every time that you update the ROM you will need to do it again with a new boot.img that is inside the zip of the new ROM.

Lagostas

Oct 31, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 11
You just need to unzip the recovery ROM which contain the boot.img file, Install magisk app, patch the boot.img and flash it with fastboot commend fastboot flash magisk_patched_XXXXX.img.You can also do it on twrp
1.boot to twrp
2.press install, then install image.
3. Choose the patched boot.img that you made with magisk app.
4. choose Boot and swipe to confirm flash .
@or965 in the flash i have to select the option "Flash to both slots"?

or965

Mar 2, 2013
Last edited:

Antidote03

Jun 19, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 11
Xiaomi 12T Pro
I recommend you to use this twrp https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=15664248565197208654
Rom flash instructions.
1.Reboot to fastboot mode.
2."fastboot boot twrp.img" on windows cmd
3.go to Advanced ,then Flash Current TWRP
3.FORMAT /data partition
4.reboot to twrp.
5.flash the rom.
6.Reboot.
Note, It is recommend to remove the current password before doing this.
hello , is there any alternative link , this link shows

404 not found​

thx in advance

olojotob

May 3, 2015
Please can anyone tell me how to install EU rom from pixel experience rom. I am stuck on it and I want to go back to EU rom. Thanks

kimchiz007

Dec 18, 2022
Unlock Bootloader first

If you mean custom Xiaomi.eu ROM, go to their forum (same name) and find detailed instructions there

For official EEA ROM, use MIUIDownloader app from PlayStore to download and MiFlash to flash - simple googling will find instructions in few minutes
Yes i mean global stock room to eea rom. It is safe?

lucasf_m

Dec 19, 2016
Hey everyone.

I'm currently on EEA Global Rom. Has anybody changed to EU Rom stable? How is it working? Any bugs? I'm thinking about putting this on, but want to know if it's worth it. Any noticeable difference?

Thanks!

lucasf_m

Dec 19, 2016
You have no issue with that version? I hava the same but not already update to the latest
Only bug I have is that when I reboot the phone I need to set the display settings to extra small, I don't like that the system looks so big, but it reverts back to normal every time I reboot. Besides that it's working fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI 11

We will release fastboot ROM versions until TWRP for venus is released TWRP is RELEASED

Steps to install xiaomi.eu ROM for first time from China ROM (All your data and files on internal storage will be deleted!)
    - Update your stock ROM to the latest via updater app first..
    - Unlock your bootloader by Mi Unlock tool https://en.miui.com/unlock/
    - Download our ROM zip file BETA or STABLE
    - If you are on Windows: Right click on downloaded zip - Settings - Unblock zip content
    D9NcJZp.png

- Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
    - Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
    - Connect to PC via original USB cable
    - Run fastboot installation script as administrator from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

For Windows OS ./windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat
    For Linux ./linux_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh
    For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh

- After reboot its done (first boot may take up to 15min)

Steps to install update of xiaomi.eu ROM (All your data and files on internal storage will NOT be deleted!)
    - Download our ROM zip file WEEKLY or STABLE
    - Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
    - Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
    - Connect to PC via USB cable
    - Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

For Windows OS ./windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat
    For Linux ./linux_fastboot_update_rom.sh
    For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_update_rom.sh

Update guide on the video

- After reboot its done (first boot may take up to 10min)

Update via OTA:
    Installation via OTA is currently not possible due to missing TWRP
    Updater will notify you about new version and download it to your device for you
    You have to copy it to your PC, unpack it and run fastboot_update_rom sctipt

Enjoy.. :)

-----------EDIT 20.5.2021--------------

Since weekly 21.5.20, we are releasing TWRP version of our ROMs for MI11...

TWRP install via fastboot command
    Code:
    fastboot boot twrp.img

To change TWRP language to English, press bottom right button and select English..

TWRP for MI11 venus

For install ROM, just select in TWRP - Install - ROM zip - reboot

Enjoy.. :)
    Stupid question but EU network band work as it should ? L1 certificate? What about Google pay?
    all OK..

[Update!] So after 6 days of testing I am satisfied with 12.5 rom and stayed on this rom. But I did had a little adventure which I want to share. After first installation I uninstalled bunch of apps (some to many) and I had some random freezes and few minor bugs. So I tried to download EU stable but all of the files were corrupted on the export (I downloaded around 5 times from 3 different devices and exported with 3 different software's like WinRAR, 7zip and windows) and the result was always the same ending in errors. But non the less I tried to install it and I bricked my device :) first time :) So I tried to install global 12.0.3.0 and bricked my device for the second time :) (follow @PandaKiller instruction how to solve rollback protection if you want to go back from 12.5 to global or some other rom) and so I tried my last option that is to just install the same rom 12.5 which I was already on and that end up successful. I uninstall bunch of apps again but much less this time and the rom is very stable since than (March 6.) and works good. Insignificant battery drain on airplane mode or while the phone is off, around 4 - 6 % which is acceptable. Global rom have google dialer which for me is hideous and I like miui dialer much much more. EU 12.5 is noticeable faster and more responsive.​

Apps that I removed :

pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.mi.globalbrowser (MIUI browser)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox (Google)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.hotwordenrollment.xgoogle (Google Assistant)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.hotwordenrollment.okgoogle (Google Assistant)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.mi.health (MIUI Health)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.ar.lens (Google Lens)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.email (Mail)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.mms (Messaging)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.xiaomi.payment (Mi Coin)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.videoplayer (Mi Video)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.player (Music)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.notes (Notes)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.huanji (Mi Mover)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.weather2 (Weather)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.personalassistant (MIUI app vault)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.xiaomi.migameservice (Mi Game Service)
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.protips (Home Screen Tips)

I updated uninstalled apps on 2 places where I posted it so for other users don't have same problems I had.
    Updated my Xiaomi Mi11 yesterday to EU-rom Stable.
    I've had many doubts about flashing, because so many people here bricked their Mi11's.

Followed all the rules, and..... it worked :)

Some remarks to people who have fear to update:

-my phone is European version, with latest 12.0.9 version on it. Not chinese (as the instrucions tell you). That is no problem for flashing the EU Rom.

-i unlocked bootloader through official Xiami unlock tool

-after unlock, i rebooted phone and set it up again (just quick and dirty). Also check if "OEM Unlock" is still switched on.

-after downloading ROM it was kind of hard to find the "Unblock zip content" in the properties of the zip-file. It's there right after you download the file, but disappears after some seconds, leaving you no option to select that in Windows. Kind of strange.
    I downloaded the file 3 times, third time i was quick enough to be able to tick the box.

-i followed all the rules stated in the start of this topic

-another part where it could have gone wrong: a couple of seconds after starting the update procedure in CMD, you see the screen stopping. Leaving you with the last message: "Successful". I almost wanted to plug out the usb-cable and restart, but then i realized: "this has taken only 20 seconds, it can't be that fast...". But: the screen on my pc didn't show any sign of further progress. So: my hands already became sweaty.... "oh no...another mi11 bricked". But: it worked. After some time the update process continued.
    So the advice here is: Stay Calm And Wait!! It will continue after a minute or so.

-i also got an error message in the end about not being able to create some disk part. But: that was no problem. Mi11 booted, which took around 8 minutes and then it was done.

Happy.