[ROM MK4] Smoothest Note 2/3 Rom (imho)

Search This thread

ColeTrain!

Nov 12, 2011
St. Louis, MO. Go Cardinals!!
Is there a way to make the backup with Philz recovery that doesn't make it so big?. My back up was over 4gb. They were never that big with twrp. Can twrp be used? I always used 2.3.3.0 never had a problem.

sent from my Wicked 4.3 hybrid

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

Better question: is anybody using TWRP 2 .3.3.0 with success on this RoM?

sent from my Wicked 4.3 hybrid

Something is wrong. My backups are near 1 gig. I always delete cashe and dalveck before a nandroid. That saves a little space. But you are 3 gig too high. Poke around and see if you are including music or pictures somehow.

DarkAngel

Aug 1, 2006
Arizona
You know I have been getting back ups of about 4-5 gigs. Something is wrong. I don't have that much saved in my Internal SD anyways. Maybe a custom Backup is what needs to be done in Philz by the user.

DarkAngel

Aug 1, 2006
Arizona
If you have a external SD card. I would remove it before doing any back ups..

That's where I send my back ups though. Unless there is useless stuff being left behind every time I flash......

I always look at my log when finished and everything is good to go. I did notice the heap of a lot of the size was in the data/apps & dalvik/cache.

timezone12

Feb 27, 2010
I have a USB dongle which I have a 32gig thumb drive when I back up all goes on there so my 32 gig sd stays with no big clutter

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
Any volume boost mods for this rom?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I am not sure if the newest tester has the modified audio boost included.

I believe it was adde into the rom a couple releases ago.... look up viper4android it is awesome. ..

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Viper will make a difference even if the audio mod was included.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Chaz187 and ubigred

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
Is that a typo?

No typo may just have been a misunderstanding. There is a mod under apps that increases volume on mk4. I cant remember if it is in 1.4 but even if it is viper audio mod will impove the audio quality and volume. Does that help clear things up?

Last edited:

ubigred

Feb 23, 2010
Houston
No typo may just have been a misunderstanding. There is a mod under apps that increases volume on mk4. I cant remember if it is in 1.4 but even if it is viper audio mod will impove the audio quality and volume. Does that help clear things up?

Yes it does... Thanks

ttkyles

Jul 3, 2009
I just wanna say that this ROM rocks I travel every week with my sprint Note2.Every country I go to it roams and connects to CDMA and gsm networks like a champ!
I just don't wanna change!
But with KK coming I hope this ROM gets updated from source ota tar file.

Thanks OP KG
And thanks JL for keeping it alive!
Just saying.....

Sent from my SPH-L900 using JellyBombed Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

ubigred

Feb 23, 2010
Houston

Are you going to do a kitkat version of this Rom? I'm pretty sure 4.4.2 is the last Sprint update we'll see

Sent from my SGNote 3

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
Are you going to do a kitkat version of this Rom? I'm pretty sure 4.4.2 is the last Sprint update we'll see

Sent from my SGNote 3

I have already started one. Community Rom is the name of it. Right now there are actually 2 roms in that thread. The second is a partial port of the 4.4.2 S5-FEAT-R3Ds from the Verizon thread. They will get separate threads once the official NE2 tar is released by sprint.

Community thread
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53062020

Reactions: macwes and ubigred

ubigred

Feb 23, 2010
Houston
4.4.2 tar is out!

Sent from my SGNote 3

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

Can't wait for the update ?

Sent from my SGNote 3

na_tra

Feb 14, 2010
Hi all:

Anyone here know how to stop the OTA update? I am on 1.4 n2-n3 tester from JL. This morning I received a notification that the rom is ready for update. I already deleted it but want to stop it from happening again.

Thanks

asmd6230

Feb 14, 2011
same problem here.
am so happy with it as is. and i dont want the ota update until smoothest rom gets an update.
where do i delete the file and how do i prevent it from downloading again.

thanks for this, ya'll are the best.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First, I am not trying to take credit for this Rom in any kind of way,it is just the smoothest Rom that I have been able to run on my phone, and I would like to share it.
    Credit goes where credit is due, so the people that made this possible are tamirda and dr. ketan for this mod http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2537186 and Lorjay and {Team Rejects} for the stock 4.3 base found here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2541395, and always chainfire for root

attachment.php
    This Rom has everything, wifi hotspot, usb tethering built in
    Air Commands, though some don't work because they don't have the sensors
    Note 3 apps, and wallpapers, and Pen tools, to help keep you from losing your stylus and some really cool graphics when you use your stylus to unlock the screen.
    Really cool features like safety assistance
    I mean it has everything
    I'm not a developer, this is my first time creating a thread, but this Rom is so awesome and smooth, that I just had to, I am not trying to step on anyone's toes or make anyone mad, but I did put a lot of work into getting this thing to work the way it does, I hope everyone likes it as much as I do, I have been running this for a week now without one problem..

Newest version available, as of 01/09/2014 21:46 and thanks to​

JLMANCUSOfor the Aroma Installer and File Hosting!

1-9-13 Credit List and links

ianmb.. created the icons and splash for the aroma installer and
    modifed the framework-res.apk's with the air command icons

louforgiveno.. air command icons

kaos420.. increase sound mod http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2558723

And I would especially like to thank these guys for the support they constantly provide 24/7.
    If you have problems or questions, they are addressed or solved almost instantly,
    because there is always one of these guys close by to provide the best assistance....
    You guys can't be thanked enough!

Download here:

This is THE NEWEST NON-Aroma version

Installing the Full Rom with the new Aroma will format your internal SD, modifying the current install will only wipe Dalvik and Cache,
    Newest Stock MK4 with Note 3 Features without Aroma

NON-Aroma Installer v1.3 with working story album widget, etc. feb 8, 2014Smoothest Note 2/3 Rom 1.3 tester

Added transparent widgets (weather, samsung music, and alarm)

Has many new options that sprint/samsung disabled..
    sms recieved notification
    mms recieved notification
    mms read report
    wap push menu
    Cell Broadcast Menu
    Option to reset lockscreen password via google
    camera shutter sound menu
    enabled camera during call
    default camera storage on external sdcard
    do not pause music while using camcorder
    find my mobile
    camera during call
    moved bunch of apps/bloat to data/app so each user can remove what they want
    added in Shealth
    polaris5
    quickoffice

Added in google stuff
    launcher
    calendar
    camera
    gallery
    Aosp keyboard

thanks to
    xxbabiboi228xx
    working weather lockscreen
    fixed Roaming Indicator Off
    story album fixed

FOR THOSE WHO CARE THIS ZIP IS SIGNED. FOR THOSE WHO DONT KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS DONT WORRY
    So here are the plans.

Release one -- Smoothest Note 2/3 1.4-tester
    reverted phone, mms, launcher to Note 2
    fixed -- S-voice, smart clip
    reverted back to pure stock (widgets, apks, and air command)
    few tweaks added
    moved over 600 MB of apks to /data/app (user can uninstall)
    sony walkman software
    LG G2 Keyboard (with themes, handwriting, one had keyboard, 5th row numbers, imoji)
    plus few other extras
    This release should be ready hopefully in the next few days - a week

Release two -- Smoothest Note 2/3 S5 1.4-tester
    All same fixes and adds as release one
    Has S5 launcher, weather, and transparent flashbar (multi-window bar)
    transparent apks and widgets (will list later)
    Working on custom framework, systemui, and settings to look more like S5
    More to come...
    This release will take a bit longer due to all the custom work but I will put out a little teaser from time to time.
    As they say there is no such thing as a stupid question...but will our S-Pens still have work with the Release 2 option if you're going to base it off of the S5? Or will there be limited to use, etc?

Thanks,
    Coz

To clear this up both roms are note 4.3 based roms with note 3 features. The S5 version is not based off the S5 (which is 4.4 not 4.3). It will have the S5 launcher and weather widget which has been modified to run on 4.3. Then the rom will be themed to look like stockish S5 rom with note 3 features (lol!)

Now here is a link to smothest 1.4 N2-N3 tester. Will post a full change log later the preview stats listed the major things.

http://goo.im/devs/jlmancuso/l900/Smoothest/1.4-N2-N3-tester.zip

Well keep your eyes open. Things getting ready to change.

Well I been away for a bit and thought I would pick this project back up. I know smartclip and pagebuddy were issues and now have those fixed. Thinking about putting in the S5 launcher and a few other mods. I will also do a bloat free with flashable bloat zip.

And yes I will be removing all the aosp I had in the last tester. Oh and yes it will still have the note 3 features.