Clean install is a must from coming different roms
Enjoy the new release :good:

Best Performance:
- 1600mhz with bfq schedular
- Settings/MediaScanner Filters --> uncheck Scan
- Developer options --> force GPU rendering

This ROM is for TF201 and F2FS only
Convert just /data partition to F2FS

YOU MUST BE ON JB 4.2.1 BOOTLOADER VERSION 10.6.1.27.1 AND TWRP 2.8.0.0+ BEFORE FLASHING THIS ROM.
IF YOU ARE NOT, YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS ON THE LINK

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=58522004&postcount=2

ChangeLog
http://public.timduru.org/Android/KatKiss/6.0/ChangeLog.html
Download Links
Rom v29 http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=19677
Rom v28 http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=19336&task=get
SuperSu https://download.chainfire.eu/743/SuperSU/BETA-SuperSU-v2.52.zip (Do Not Flash any other version of SuperSU)
Gapps Pico 20/03/2016 https://github.com/opengapps/arm/releases/download/20160320/open_gapps-arm-6.0-pico-20160320.zip
(if you want Now on Tap use the nano version, and activate Now on Tap from google now settings)

Install
  • Please make a clean install
  • Wipe dalvik cache, system, data, cache, internal storage
  • Flash KatshMallow-6.0_TF201_029.zip from microsd card
  • Flash Gapps.zip
  • Flash SuperSU
  • Reboot
  • Update SuperSU in play store
  • Reboot

Credits
Timduru for this smooth ROM, hardslog for the kernel

Please hit THANKS button

XDA:DevDB Information
KatshMallow, ROM for the Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime

Contributors
TacoNikky
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x

Version Information
Current Stable Version: v29
Current Beta Version: v22

Created 2016-01-19
Last Updated 2016-08-09

Last edited:

TacoNikky

Dec 12, 2013
Istanbul
  • REVERSED X AXIS SUPPORT

:)
    You need to be ROOTED
    Download the file below(Script.zip)
    Unzip it, there is a file called 80ReversedKernel
    Put it in system/etc/init.d
    Change permissions to rwxr-xr-x
    Save
    It will start at boot automatically :good:

• Make sure you do a format /data the first time you install the rom
    (backup your internal storage first if you want to keep something)

• External storage (portable mode)
    The Marshmallow version has per app permissions / security.
    Meaning that unless the app has root access it can only access a special folder on the external storage.
    If it needs to access another location the app needs to request it at runtime (so the app needs to be compatible with the new request method)
    You also need to navigate with the Android Storage/Document Provider (If your external storage / cards don't show up, click on the 3dots menu at the top right of the window => show SD cards)

• If the app is not compatible you can also try to grant the storage access permission in Settings => apps => click on the app => Permissions
    It might help

• By default all apps can also write to a special Location on the external storage in the form of :
    /storage/<STORAGE_NAME>/Android/data/<APP_PACKAGE_NAME>/
    where <APP_PACKAGE_NAME> is com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup for TiB for example

• Titanium Backup - External storage use
    To be able to get write access on the external storage you can use one of these 2 solutions:
    1) In TiB preferences => Backup Folder Location => click on Storage Provider at the top (click to change)
    Choose DocumentProvider Storage
    If your external storage / cards don't show up, click on the 3dots menu at the top right of the window => show SD cards
    Click on your SD card then click on Select
    Titanium will now have access granted to that location and you can choose / create a folder for TiB on your external storage
    Note: only TiB will have access to that location , so if ever you decide to go back to Lollipop or another android version it won't be backward compatible.

2) By Default like all other apps TiB can write to its own dedicated folder on the external storage.
    iso if you move your TiB backup folder to the location : /storage/<STORAGE_NAME>/Android/data/com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup/
    it'll be seen by Titanium Backup and still be accessible from Lollipop if ever you go back.

• Google Play Movies
    Our current Widevine DRM libs are not compatible in MM.
    So you can't play a movie on the tablet with Google Play Movies as it requires that.
    Starting a movie to play on chromecast should be fine as the drm will be the chromecast one in that case.

• Hardware keyboard layouts
    More languages have been added in the default asusec keyboard
    Set the keyboard layout through Settings => Language & Input => asusec => setup keyboard layouts
    These also allow live switching without reboot with ctrl + space

Attachments

Last edited:

TacoNikky

Dec 12, 2013
Istanbul
MultiWindows
Multiwindow allows you to split the screen in 2, 3 or 4 panes
you can switch an app back and forth between multiwindow mode and regular mode while it's running

NavBar:
- To switch between full screen and split View you can use the
NavBar Buttons
The app that currently has the focus (or the latest used app if you're on the Desktop) will be used for the main pane (left and/or top depending on the mode and rotation)
And it will lay the remaining most recently used apps in the rest of the available 1-2-3 panes depending on the icon you click

- If you press a multiwindow icon again when in splitview mode, it'll bring the focused app back to fullscreen mode.

- To change focus simply Tap on the app or use the
NavBar Button
That button can also be used in non multiwindow mode to switch quickly between the 2 most recent apps.

Global Actions:
Actions to switch the app between fullscreen / splitview 2-3-4 panes and switch between the 2 most recent apps have been added
so you can bind them to a key / key combination with the Global KeyOverride or long press on navbar button too.

Note: Most apps works ok in splitview mode, but some of them might crash or not refresh correctly sometime.

To manually position an app in one of the pane:
For the moment either reorder your apps before clicking on an auto mode icon,
or you can also activate the default Marshmallow Multiwindow mode to get extra icons to positions an app in a specific pane (activate it in developer options )
Then position the apps with the icons from the Recents screen. (default MM recents icons are for 2 or 4 panes)

Last edited:

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Aug 22, 2008
The Nothing
Thanks for the Marshmallow goodness! Everything seems pretty smooth so far. One thing though - I can't seem to be able to reboot to recovery using the Power menu - it only reboots the device.

mefloump

May 10, 2010
Watertown, SD
I just tried the camera and I get an error that it can't connect to the camera. Will try a reboot and report back. Everything else seems to be working fine.

Update 1) I can confirm that long pressing the reboot option does not boot into recovery.

Update 2) A reboot solved the camera issue, both front and rear cameras are working.

Update 3) Adding a new google account causes a reboot but does add the account.

Update 4) After leaving it alone over night it suffered from SOD and drained the dock battery to 0%.

Last edited:
Reactions: jyarborough

Aegison

Nov 1, 2012
Thank you for your work TacoNikky! I can't wait to try this tonight. I checked the numbers and assume since I am on your KatKiss 5.1.1 I have the right bootloader and TWRP?

Can anybody report on twitches and SOD so far?

Sent from my TF201 using Tapatalk

TacoNikky

Dec 12, 2013
Istanbul
Thank you for your work TacoNikky! I can't wait to try this tonight. I checked the numbers and assume since I am on your KatKiss 5.1.1 I have the right bootloader and TWRP?

Can anybody report on twitches and SOD so far?

Sent from my TF201 using Tapatalk
Bootloader and TWRP are same which is for lollipop :good:

No SOD but there are some twitches(Kernel is not lite thats the reason)

Reactions: domohan and mrremo

Aegison

Nov 1, 2012
Been using the rom for about five hours now. Was working fine. Got most of my apps back using Titanium. Was using email and the web. Than I got home and let it sit a while and all of a sudden it started a boot loop. After boot it will hard reset after about 2 minutes while I am doing nothing with the tablet. Any suggestions?

Besides for that current issue it runs just as smooth (maybe smoother) as your 5.1.1.

The real test will be leaving it over night to test the SOD.

Aegison

Nov 1, 2012
Overnight results. No SOD but I left it in the dock and they were at 70% charge respectively. By morning the dock was dead and the tablet was at 50%.

My random reset problem stopped after I wiped dalvik and cache.

UPDATE: It seems I get the random reboot after I used the power off/reboot menu in the OS. The only way to stop it is if I boot into recovery using the volume/power button and restart from recovery.

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Aegison

Nov 1, 2012
So I noticed a new setting under Devices->Dock. "Wakeup tablet with key press." This was enabled (and not functioning correctly). So now I will try it again tonight with it disabled.

UPDATE NEXT MORNING: Left it at 87%/86% and by morning they were at 86%/85%! I don't have many apps installed yet to wake the tablet at night.

Also, when I tried to install Facebook yesterday the whole tablet slowed way down, the screens tarted twitching badly, and it stayed that whay until a hard reboot. It happed twice before I gave up trying to intall Facebook.

UPDATE: Okay, changing my governor to *performance from *interactive stopped to extreme slow down/screen twitching. I was also able to install Facebook with it set to performance. Not sure how that will affect doze settings in 6.0 if am always in performance mode though.

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Keron23

May 8, 2012

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Aug 22, 2008
The Nothing
Browser and Calender Sync

http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3386750&d=1435769986
http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3386751&d=1435769986

---------- Post added 22-01-2016 at 00:50 ---------- Previous post was 21-01-2016 at 23:52 ----------

The Left and Right Touch Pad Button of the dock have the same Function. No different right click possible.
Is that Browser Sync for a specific browser? It seems to have no effect on the stock Browser - I still don't see my Bookmarks.

MadmanJay

Oct 26, 2010
Just did a clean install of this ROM and aside from the known screen flicker I am having a problem where the screen seems to just turn off while i am using it. I then have to hit the power button to turn it back on again. I have set the screen timeout value to 10 minute but that didn't seem help.

Other than those issues the ROM s been working very well.

Sent from my TF300T using XDA Free mobile app

Keron23

May 8, 2012
I got a lot of random Reboots. Any idea or is it cause of the Beta Kernel?
The Left and Right Touch Pad Button of the dock have the same Function. No different right click possible.

Last edited:

tomtomxp

Sep 17, 2009
Usb external hard drive don't seem to work, is this to do with permissions, it detects it, ie es file explorer shows a new usb drive but can't access it