• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][MMX A110] IndiAndroid ROM

Search This thread

VipinKC

Nov 17, 2012
12.98° N 77.58° E
Custom ROM

Please share the update ROM file which includes WiFi update and modem.img which is for WiFi disconnect issue.

A suggestion from my side

1) Release ROM with different version (Complete Package) - I prefer this so that we can install it at one go
2) Update and patch release - Viewers who want in small updates to reduce download limits

Please share any updated on ROM @Subtrix @Dave

Last edited:

subtrix

Nov 5, 2010
Mumbai
https://github.com/icevoux/kernel_mediatek

Yaaay.....kernel code is here.....
Let's have jellybean for canvas2
;)
ANd here is the kernel kitchen
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1659584
hey subtrix lets do this

Hey Dude, thanks for sharing the link... have downloaded the stuff... next step is to learn how to port JB... I am currently not able to take out time for this... out of action for a few weeks..

Hi Dude What Happen,

When u released Ur next Update

out of action for a few weeks. There is no ETA for the next release.

subtrix

Nov 5, 2010
Mumbai
Please share the update ROM file which includes WiFi update and modem.img which is for WiFi disconnect issue.

A suggestion from my side

1) Release ROM with different version (Complete Package) - I prefer this so that we can install it at one go
2) Update and patch release - Viewers who want in small updates to reduce download limits

Please share any updated on ROM @Subtrix @Dave

Pease refer to intial posts for the separate patch for Wifi.

~Subtrix

DaveConnor

Nov 23, 2012
Thank you, afzi,that is what I like.....So I am back here with some updates before you think that this project died!We (Me,babu and subtrix) are working big time to give you people a ROM that will completely change your user experience!We were all busy but now we are back and we did have a couple of breakthroughs! So stay tuned as you might see a new version very soon......AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

ankitaggarwal001

Dec 7, 2010
Noida
Thank you, afzi,that is what I like.....So I am back here with some updates before you think that this project died!We (Me,babu and subtrix) are working big time to give you people a ROM that will completely change your user experience!We were all busy but now we are back and we did have a couple of breakthroughs! So stay tuned as you might see a new version very soon......AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Yay.... now I'm even more excited about Christmas. Thanks guys..
Can't thank you enough!!:):)

Sent from my Micromax A110 using Tapatalk 2

bhojo1

Apr 23, 2009
Repartition Micromax a110 to have more internal storage and 30mb internal sdcard

Hi all,
I am providing my patch to reduce internal sdcard to 30 mb. This is a modification of x-drons original patch to increase internal storage to 2 gb. this needs to be flashed from cwmr . Note that I think this is the one I used on my a110 and got it working but I can't be sure as I had many false attempts...
if you face an issue you need to reflash your original ebr1 to get back to pristine state...
If you like it you can add it to the rom....
you may also want a custom vold.fstab to swap internal and extenal sdcards...

Hey manuhjmc,

Thanks for your kind words. Let me be the one to answer your question since it was i who released this ROM to the group. If you read my second post you will come to know what all features it has . I agree what is offered are very basic things (rooted busybox, zipalign at every reboot etc) but please note that this is my first attempt at creating a ROM and the plan is to build this ROM bottom up (it goes without saying that this is not possible without the help of other forum members). Also i feel a better approach to creating our ROM is giving each individual the ability to pick and choose what one wants or does not want in a ROM.
Hence the intention is to create small update.zip files that a user can apply as per his/her choice. Once we have a considerable list of features and applications available (and tested ), the plan is to release a new version that will provide an AROMA installer to ease the installation process (WIP to understand how to modify the configure the installer)

If you find the above meaningful, i welcome you to be part of the ROM creation. Please try out new applications and scripts that you would like to include in the ROM, create update.zip patches and release it to this group. Also let me know so that I can mention about these in the initial posts of this thread. I will also maintain a repository where all the code will be available and easily accessible to other members and in due time release the AROMA installer version of the ROM.

Cheers
Subtrix

Attachments

• New_repart2.zip
    141.5 KB · Views: 15

VipinKC

Nov 17, 2012
12.98° N 77.58° E
Hi all,
I am providing my patch to reduce internal sdcard to 30 mb. This is a modification of x-drons original patch to increase internal storage to 2 gb. this needs to be flashed from cwmr . Note that I think this is the one I used on my a110 and got it working but I can't be sure as I had many false attempts...
if you face an issue you need to reflash your original ebr1 to get back to pristine state...
If you like it you can add it to the rom....
you may also want a custom vold.fstab to swap internal and extenal sdcards...

Please post in the main thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=37511466

Testers and other members can do a check :p:eek::D:thumbup:

Sent from my Micromax A110

DaveConnor

Nov 23, 2012
The thread is not DEAD!Please understand that we who are developing this ROM are not having time...So we request you to be patient..We will surely come back but we all are busy and being a school student i need to study bcoz my Board exams are starting!So just hold on tight!!!

VipinKC

Nov 17, 2012
12.98° N 77.58° E
The thread is not DEAD!Please understand that we who are developing this ROM are not having time...So we request you to be patient..We will surely come back but we all are busy and being a school student i need to study bcoz my Board exams are starting!So just hold on tight!!!

We understand bro but time doesn't stop for anyone, either with time or left behind.

Hope to see the rom which is you promised.

Sent from my Micromax A110

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Starting a thread to log and share my experience on my first ROM, IndiAndroid.

IndiAndroid

Thanks to the following persons for making this possible (in alphabetic order)

bgcngm
    DSIXDA
    [email protected]
    Yuweng

A thank you to all those who have directly or indirectly helped me with the ROM creation.
    Reserved

Code

Installing the custom ROM is solely your decision and I am not responsible if you mess up with your phone.

I have tested the ROM's that I am uploading

Adding sample Updater Script and working Update binary file. Would be useful for other ROM developers.

Adding base ROM
    Steps:

NOTE: Take a complete backup using CWM ( might be useful in case you want to revert back to the previous state) .

1) Download @ http://d-h.st/cfq and copy to your SD card Also download Wifi Patch Refer post 4 below.
    2) flash the IndiAndroidvx_x.zip file using CWM... use the install zip from SD card, locate the IndiAndroidvx.x.zip file and choose yes to flash it.
    Also flash the wifi_update.zip in the same way.
    3) Clear Cache and Dalvik Cache
    4) Reboot your phone

Future Additions will be done as update.zip patches so the file sizes can be small

Version History

V1.0: Stock ROM with following features
    1) Pre-Rooted
    2) Busy Box
    3) Zip Aligned at every run
    4) Support for init.d scripts
    5) Removed few MMX stock Apps ( Will be creating an update.zip containing template script that one can use to remove any stock app.)
    6) Added following apps to system. I prefer having these apps always available and running as part of the system apps. Feel free to remove any app that you deem unnecessary as part of your system files.

System Essentials
    Android System Info
    App Installer
    BatteryCalibration
    ES File Explorer
    Explorer
    Quick Boot -- Use to quickly boot to recovery / reboot
    Quadrant Advanced
    SetCPU
    Terminal Emulator
    Titanium Backup

Phone Essentials
    Dialer One
    GO SMS Pro
    Opera Mini Next

Utilities
    Astrid Tasks
    CamScanner
    Pro HDR Camera
    QuickMark
    Documents To Go
    Activity Logs

Date: 25- Nov-2012
    Uploaded v1.0 with basic stuff and few default system apps.

Date: 21- Nov-2012
    Success!! Base vanilla ROM flashed and working :victory:

Date: 20- Nov-2012
    Havent made any progress today. Still unable to resolve the issue.
    Date: 19- Nov-2012
    Created a base ROM in AK, created update.zip and installed it. Device hanging on reboot. trying to debug using logcat.
    Date: 18- Nov-2012
    Trying to create a ROM using AK... familiarizing myself with the tool options. Have to admit DSIXDA has done a huge favor to the community.. He has made it possible for even noobs to create a ROM... try your hands on creating one!
    Status - Open Issues and New request

Open Issues

27-Nov: Wifi not working
    29-Nov UPDATE: issue fixed. Need to run wifi update.zip patch attached to this post

Features requested by members

>> Include Project Butter
    >> Internal and External SD card swap
    >> GPS patches
    >> init.d tweaks
    >> v6 turbo charger
    ROM

Hola! This is the final beta release of the ROM Indiandroid, Link-

Link removed ROM not working!:crying:

Features-
    AROMA INSTALLER
    Add whatever you like there are many apps,tweaks in the ROM,download and see for yourself!

Please ROM Testers(or anybody!) download this ROM and tell me if it is functioning properly or not!

Credits for the tweaks i have added in my ROM go to the respective devs!

☆☆☆ TEAM AC!D☆☆☆
    croniccorey
    slaid480
    [email protected]

Report any bugs/give feedback as well!