[ROM] MOAR Rom Q&A Thread for the Galaxy Note 5

Search This thread

primaleph

Dec 16, 2012
Theme store not working at all

Since installing MOAR 2.1, the Themes section of Settings appears to be only for show. I can view installed themes, but clicking on one to apply it or clicking on Theme Store does nothing.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this?

Reactions: Mediatech1

Mediatech1

Jan 11, 2010
Los Angeles
MOAR Power Button options; Restore question

Hi, So far so good! thanks to all! Question: When I press my power menu button I don't see the "Data Network, Torchlight, Screen recorder or Screen shot" options. Was that an oversight on one of the options I selected upon install?** Also, TB worked well, but was curious as to how to restore things like wallpaper, and desktop icons and where those would be called out [named] in terms of reinstating them via TB Restore on the Note 5. Any help in this area deeply appreciated. I can restore those items manually because i noted them prior to flashing, but would be great if I could let TB do it. After google sign in and its restore, with respect to TB, I restore data to my apps first, then selectively restore system items. I only do the system items I can tell for sure what they are e.g. bookmarks, SMS, [typically in green]. **Would be cool if there was a YouTube video of the install wizard and an explanation of what the various options do. I will be donating!!! Thanks @tdunham and team MOAR !!

Josephigloe

Sep 1, 2013
Menifee
Hi, So far so good! thanks to all! Question: When I press my power menu button I don't see the "Data Network, Torchlight, Screen recorder or Screen shot" options. Was that an oversight on one of the options I selected upon install?** Also, TB worked well, but was curious as to how to restore things like wallpaper, and desktop icons and where those would be called out [named] in terms of reinstating them via TB Restore on the Note 5. Any help in this area deeply appreciated. I can restore those items manually because i noted them prior to flashing, but would be great if I could let TB do it. After google sign in and its restore, with respect to TB, I restore data to my apps first, then selectively restore system items. I only do the system items I can tell for sure what they are e.g. bookmarks, SMS, [typically in green]. **Would be cool if there was a YouTube video of the install wizard and an explanation of what the various options do. I will be donating!!! Thanks @tdunham and team MOAR !!

For data network torch and all that go into your moar settings, extended power menu and swipe the switch to turn on what you want like this image.

And the other stuff i dont know.

Attachments

• 1456432069748.jpg
    1456432069748.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 250
Reactions: Mediatech1

daminux

May 17, 2009
santa isabel
For some reason when making a call and have to press in a number for selecting, I press but is like am not because it does not recognize am making a selection. Any idea what I can do or do I have to make a full install reflash ? Am on 2.1

tdunham

Recognized Contributor
Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay
Since installing MOAR 2.1, the Themes section of Settings appears to be only for show. I can view installed themes, but clicking on one to apply it or clicking on Theme Store does nothing.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this?

Not if you are on a carrier that doesn't support it. It's working fine here.

Last edited:

tdunham

Recognized Contributor
Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay
Hi, So far so good! thanks to all!
Also, TB worked well, but was curious as to how to restore things like wallpaper, and desktop icons and where those would be called out [named] in terms of reinstating them via TB Restore on the Note 5. Any help in this area deeply appreciated. I can restore those items manually because i noted them prior to flashing, but would be great if I could let TB do it. After google sign in and its restore, with respect to TB, I restore data to my apps first, then selectively restore system items. I only do the system items I can tell for sure what they are e.g. bookmarks, SMS, [typically in green].
Restoring data with any third party app is going to be a big problem if coming from a different version of android. There is no way around this as far as I know. You'll have to give it a try and see if it works as it should.

f3lking

Feb 17, 2011
I'm not. It worked fine on stock. I have Sprint.

Im on sprint and it works fine for me. I just downloaded 5 themes and they all work just fine. Maybe you should try to do a clean install. I really have no issues on this rom. Save the rom on an external sdcard and wipe system and start from scratch. That what i did just to make sure i have no problems.

Reactions: tdunham

Mediatech1

Jan 11, 2010
Los Angeles
Restoring data with any third party app is going to be a big problem if coming from a different version of android. There is no way around this as far as I know. You'll have to give it a try and see if it works as it should.
@tdunham actually I've been pleasantly surprised how well all my applications restored just fine; with the exception probably of s health which although being a system app did not show up in my titanium backup. I'm not really worried about it. On another note would you know if the fingerprint scanner should still work in LastPass?

tdunham

Recognized Contributor
Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay
@tdunham actually I've been pleasantly surprised how well all my applications restored just fine; with the exception probably of s health which although being a system app did not show up in my titanium backup. I'm not really worried about it. On another note would you know if the fingerprint scanner should still work in LastPass?
Good stuff. I cant say about LastPass, I've never used it.

Reactions: 954wrecker

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MOAR Rom Q&A Thread for the Galaxy Note 5

This thread was created for a place to direct rom and other related questions that do not relate to development issues.
    All questions and other non-rom related chatter belong here!
    Tnx - TD

Known Issues for Current Build
    Code:
    [COLOR="Red"]**[/COLOR] See OP of the home thread for any current issues
    I will try to help out as much as possible! Thanks for all you do @tdunham

Thanks,
    Chaz187
    Hello @tdunham what does the feature system sound level do? And how does it do it? I need the original mixer_paths.xml and mixer_gains.xml. Can you help? Thank you

I don't know anything about the sound files, they are not my work.
    For the other thing, No absolutely not!
    There are 12 posts in the entire Sprint Note 5 android development forum, which one do you thing is going to have the stock files you need? You need to spend a little more time looking on your own rather than expecting others to do everything for you. This is an observation taken from a history of posts, I am not singling out just this one occurrence.

XDA RULE #1

1. Search before posting.

Use one of our search functions before posting or creating a new thread. Whether you have a question or just something new to share, it's very likely that someone has already asked that question or shared that news.
    @Chaz187 sorry for asking what is probably obvious to most. Per the main MOAR Page the MM bootloader must be flashed first:

"You MUST be running a Marshmallow bootloader to run this rom!

"The FULL odin firmware must be flashed at least once to prep the phone. It is available here -- > Marshmallow 6.0 Odin files N920PVPU2BPC3
    or also
    ALL_SPT_N920PVPU2BPC3_N920PSPT2BPC3_CL7231607_QB88 32851_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.zip
    "

When I'm in Odin and hit the BL button and attempt to browse to what I believe to be the MM bootloader file:

"ALL_SPT_N920PVPU2BPC3_N920PSPT2BPC3_CL7231607_QB88 32851_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.zip"

Odin doesn't see it for some reason. I'm running Odin as Admin and the tar is on my desktop. After I successfully flash the MM bootloader, I can then proceed to performing the full wipe and ultimately the new ROM. Am I doing something wrong? I believe I'm following the directions outlined on OP page.

Thx
    It does not say flash first. It says you must be running a mm bootloader to run this rom.

You can't flash a zip with odin.

You have been asking way too many questions about rom flashing, way too often. I think you need to go do your own research at this point because i am done with answering the same or similar questions over and over yet you still don't get any of it or the principles behind it.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone