[ROM/MOD] 4.4.2 ~ Kitkat ~ AoCP 7.2 ~ The Collective ~ FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

RichMD

Jan 8, 2011
CT
There is another Captivate that I am thinking of installing this ROM on. However, as CM11 is updated I'm wondering how performance/battery/stability would vary from this ROM. It' obvious that a lot of theming and extra features have been put into this ROM. Are there any siginficant tweaks specific to optimizing performance/battery/stability for the Captivate compared to CM11?
I want to install it on my other daughter's phone and we want reliability, speed, and battery. She doesn't use any advanced features that you have put a lot of time into. Sorry if it seems inappropriate to be asking this - it's just she doesn't have any knowledge of flashing/testing, etc. and I have limited time to spend on all the devices I am supporting. :)

They Drew First Blood

Aug 27, 2011
newer CWM to bypass Status 7 on AoCP 7.0

it finally worked! I tried the other kernel with TWRP built in but the emmc and sdcard were swapped so installing this ROM failed. I tried a few things but eventually tried semaphore 3.0 again which put CWM back 6.0.3~ and I tried installing this ROM. It started flashing for a while and then failed with a status 7. I just rebooted to recovery and saw CWM was updated to 6.0.4~. I did a factory reset and installed and it seemed to work so I tried booting without even instaling the gapps (just to test). It did boot so I will now boot to recovery wipe data and install gapps as indicated.

I needed a kernel with CWM 6.0.4.x as well- could not get past a "Status 7" error with CWM 6.0.3.x. Thanks for the info @RichMD. In this case I flashed Gear Universal 1.1.2c, then flashed AoCP 7.0 over that. And a Collective Thanks too, I really like 7.0 so far. My first KitKat ROM! :highfive:

dzee206

Oct 5, 2011
Seattle
So it's aborting the flash when I try. Am I supposed to have an update cwm recovery and/or bootloader? I couldn't seem to find either.

you need to flash a kernel with cwm 6.0.4.x recovery. first flash the kernel then while in same recovery session reboot recovery. if asked to fix su do it. device will reboot into new recovery, proceed with wiping routine then flash rom, supersu and then gapps.

Reactions: binns and crt60

Beerad875

Mar 31, 2011
Houston
arfelerepairsolutions.com
you need to flash a kernel with cwm 6.0.4.x recovery. first flash the kernel then while in same recovery session reboot recovery. if asked to fix su do it. device will reboot into new recovery, proceed with wiping routine then flash rom, supersu and then gapps.

Well I flashed this rom and it took me to the bar kernel recovery. From there I flashed the rom and gapps again and it just boots to recovery. Am I still doing it wrong?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

dzee206

Oct 5, 2011
Seattle
Well I flashed this rom and it took me to the bar kernel recovery. From there I flashed the rom and gapps again and it just boots to recovery. Am I still doing it wrong?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

1. wipe data, cache,delvik, system
2. flash a recovery that will give you cwm 6.0.4.x recovery (Gear Universal 1.1.2c)
3. reboot recovery( fix su if it nags about it)
4. after device reboots in to cwm 6.0.4.x, wipe data, cache,delvik, system
5. flash rom
6. wipe cache, delvik
7. flash supersu
8. wipe cache,delvik
9. flash gapps
10. wipe cache, delvik and reboot and enjoy.

Beerad875

Mar 31, 2011
Houston
arfelerepairsolutions.com
1. wipe data, cache,delvik, system
2. flash a recovery that will give you cwm 6.0.4.x recovery (Gear Universal 1.1.2c)
3. reboot recovery( fix su if it nags about it)
4. after device reboots in to cwm 6.0.4.x, wipe data, cache,delvik, system
5. flash rom
6. wipe cache, delvik
7. flash supersu
8. wipe cache,delvik
9. flash gapps
10. wipe cache, delvik and reboot and enjoy.

I came across neatkernel and that seemed to work. Thanks!

Reactions: binns and dzee206

They Drew First Blood

Aug 27, 2011
Merge kitkat flac audio fix...?

I am still loving this ROM! Excellent work. I'm wondering if this fix for .flac audio can be merged into an upcoming version? Added to the long list, I suppose?
here:
I don't know if I linked it correctly. I would try to cherry-pick it and rebuild it myself, but my lower-end hardware and lack of experience is holding me back. Maybe I'll give it a go anyway! I was glad to read that I was not the only one having issues with .flac audio stuttering like crazy on 4.4.2- it is a Google issue that they have resolved but the fix did not make it into 4.4.2 unfortunately.

Thanks again for everything that went into AoCP 7.0, it is super cool. I have not found a theme I prefer to the default one yet. Great job! Keep up the good work. :good::good:

Reactions: crt60

crt60

Jan 31, 2008
St. Louis
I am still loving this ROM! Excellent work. I'm wondering if this fix for .flac audio can be merged into an upcoming version? Added to the long list, I suppose?
here:
I don't know if I linked it correctly. I would try to cherry-pick it and rebuild it myself, but my lower-end hardware and lack of experience is holding me back. Maybe I'll give it a go anyway! I was glad to read that I was not the only one having issues with .flac audio stuttering like crazy on 4.4.2- it is a Google issue that they have resolved but the fix did not make it into 4.4.2 unfortunately.

Thanks again for everything that went into AoCP 7.0, it is super cool. I have not found a theme I prefer to the default one yet. Great job! Keep up the good work. :good::good:

Most likely be included in the next version, thanks for the link

They Drew First Blood

Aug 27, 2011
ART v. Dalvik

Art doesn't work on the cappy it will bootloop so dalvik it is

Well, I figured "what the hell," made a Nandroid, cleared out some /system apps to free up space, checked my /data space, uninstalled Xposed framework, and enabled ART runtime. First reboot- took at least five minutes for Android optimizations, but the home screen started to come up. Nova Launcher is not ART compatible yet though, it seems... oh well. Built-in launcher works fine. I've run into a few other apps that don't work (games) but everything else has been fine. So far I don't see any difference in performance. Might be worse with ART, actually. It doesn't bootloop though (for me at least) if anyone wanted to give it a whirl themselves. My biggest concern was that XenoAmp and ViPER mod work, and they both do. I only use my phone for media and wifi, so I can not report on call quality / sms / network signal or anything.

Thanks again for this rock-solid ROM you guys! Keep up the great work!

droyd666

Oct 10, 2011
I keep getting SODs and I'm starting to think it's my phone because it happens on Captivating Rom as well. Do you think using heimdall one click to flash back to stock will fix the problem?

They Drew First Blood

Aug 27, 2011
Dalvik v. ART

Thanks for the warning about ART runtime, @crt60. It did not make my phone bootloop, but it sure ran like junk. I switched back to Dalvik after a two-day experiment.

Still love AoCP! After three years of my Captivate masquerading as a media-only device, I activated it on Straight Talk this weekend. Made a call for the first time in years. It felt weird holding it up to my ear again. Nice to see the screen-dimming behavior. Anyway, thanks again.

They Drew First Blood

Aug 27, 2011
exFat?

Not many results came up in a few searches- does AoCP have exFat support for SD cards? Looks like maybe CM11 nightly might have support, and TWRP recovery, but I use AoCP and CWM recovery. I can start the process of backing up my card, reformatting it and testing it with exFat instead of Fat32, but if somebody knows firsthand please let me know.
Thanks in advance!

They Drew First Blood

Aug 27, 2011
exFat :(

...exFat support for SD cards?...

Well quick answer is no. I reformatted on the PC, tried it and the Gear kernel knew there was a card there, but that was all it knew. Kernel could not format it exFat. Boot into ROM and the card is not detected. I could do some more research on this. I want to get a 64GB card but they come as exFat and I did not want to have to reformat it Fat32... we'll see.

Edit: hmm so the files I copied with Aroma File Manager are there on the SD but I can only see them with the SD plugged in to USB reader to my PC. Aroma can't see them... curioser and curioser. Anyway, sorry for the offtopic I will take it to the other forum. And I am super excited if AoCP 7.1.2 is on its way! Thanks for pointing that out @dzee206 I read over the OP again earlier today but skipped right over that... :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Cappy_70.png

((((((((((The Collective Presents))))))))))

AoCP 7.2
    FINAL

Based on CM 11

~

It is the Android Open Collective Project.

~

Many thanks goes to:
    Google for the base
    CyanogenMod for getting it running on our devices

This is compiled from Kitkat 4.4.2 source
    For the Samsung Captivate i897

Features
    Set individual notifications in Contacts
    HALO support (Download from Google Play)
    Advanced Camera functions
    Collective Icon Pack
    Call block list
    Custom carrier label
    Basic pie functions
    Propmodder
    Each alarm has its own selectable ringtone
    Notification row transparency
    Circle and Square battery color changer
    Center clock and date
    Change clock color
    Change Statusbar color and transparency
    CyanogenMod's LockClock
    CyanogenMod's Apollo music player
    Dashclock
    Custom notification drawer background
    Privacy guard
    Quiet time, select a time when the phone ringer will be turned back on
    Selinux
    And more...

[Changelog]

Added active display
    Fixed location settings
    Revised theme
    Fixed wifi priority
    Google setup wizard works
    Other improvements

***Make sure you are on gingerbread bootloaders before flashing this rom***

HOW TO INSTALL
    ***(You may need to install Chainfire's latest SuperUser update for some functions to work properly)***
    1. Factory Data reset
    2. Wipe Dalvik
    3. Format System
    4. Install AoCP-72-i897.zip from Sdcard
    5.Reboot the device
    6.Install GApps for Android 4.4
    7.Reboot the device
    8. Add Google account

(You will need the latest cwm to flash this ROM)

Download
    kitkat
    AoCP 7.2

Older versions
    AoCP 7.0

JellyBean
    AoCP 6.4.1
    -
    AoCP 6.4.1u
    Stockish themed

AoCP 5.9.5

AoCP 4.6

Credits
    Google
    Cyanogen-Mod
    Pawitp
    TheCollective Team
    Johnsondr80
    Ruger94
    Fezzy102
    Robm1911
    Molon Labe
    Mortem Tuam
    Dman3285
    ee23hd2
    flappjaxxx
    joedv
    Slimrom
    Paranoid Android
    CameleonOS
    Roman Nurik
    MiCode
    MoKee
    LiquidSmooth
    (For the propmodder source)

~The Collective Source on github~

NEED SOME THEMES?? SEARCH GOOGLE PLAY FOR "AoCP"

As Always, We are not responsible if it messes up your phone

kitkat.jpg

Due to the ever growing demand of life and the fact, the development team
    has pretty much dwindled to 3 Collective members working on the project.
    I am sad to say, this will be the final release of AoCP by the current active Collective team members. It has been a great 3 years, and I want to thank everyone that supported all of the Collective projects, from Fusion, to Legend and last but not least AoCP.
    There are plenty of great developers working hard to keep your phones current and I hope you give them the courtesy and respect for their countless hours of time and hard work.
    Who knows, maybe someday AoCP may return with new talent.
    Thanks again for your support.
    ~The Collective~
    Looky...looky.....

Screenshot_2013-08-04-16-31-04.png
    Re: [ROM] 4.2.1 | Jellybean | AoCP 5 | The Collective | 2/1/2013)

And here we go!!!!!

Sent from one of my "Collected" devices.
    Mmmmmm, chocolatey

Screenshot_2013-12-13-18-15-32.png
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone