[ROM/MOD] 4.4.2 ~ Kitkat ~ AoCP 7.2 ~ The Collective ~ FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jackal2001

Aug 25, 2012
Bethlehem, PA
Is there any benefit going with ajk 4.9 kernel over the one that comes with this ROM? I don't tweak my phone. About the only thing that would sway me would be a dramatic increase in battery savings.
So far AOCP 6.4 on the factory kernel works pretty well for me.

3men2

Jun 1, 2012
Is there any benefit going with ajk 4.9 kernel over the one that comes with this ROM? I don't tweak my phone. About the only thing that would sway me would be a dramatic increase in battery savings.
So far AOCP 6.4 on the factory kernel works pretty well for me.

If you want to know the benefits of AJK 4.9 you should go over the thread and take a look to the change log.

However, if you don't like tweaking your phone I suggest you stay with CM kernel. I like it because I use Stweaks to activate BLN, Make some tweaks to the sound. Slide2wake feature and some gobernors that provide better performance.

Only thing I don't mess with is Voltages.

Last edited:

sharonbw

Sep 17, 2012
They're in the playstore. Link in the op

I just have to say how tickled I am that you pointed out the link to themes in the op and explained to me theming the system was even possible. I always thought themes only in the launcher. I love my new theme!!!

Sent from my GT-p511x

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

Hmm... screenshot not uploading. Take my word for it, it's lovely. :) (Totally love the ROM underneath the theme too!! Thanks!)

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

razen_kain

Jan 28, 2013
Carthage
I just have to say how tickled I am that you pointed out the link to themes in the op and explained to me theming the system was even possible. I always thought themes only in the launcher. I love my new theme!!!

Sent from my GT-p511x

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

Hmm... screenshot not uploading. Take my word for it, it's lovely. :) (Totally love the ROM underneath the theme too!! Thanks!)

I'm glad i got to tickle you :thumbup:;):beer:

Reactions: sharonbw

pepe100

Sep 1, 2013
Using this great and spectacular ROM we can choose between two colors the classic orange or the elegant blue which looks amazing, This ROM also has a very stable and fast jb 4.3.1 combined with ajk 4.9 AOSP kernel provides good battery life. Another plus is the efficient performance of the ram.

Last edited:

anshulsingh

Oct 23, 2012
Hi,

I installed this ROM today and its all working fine except the issue that after installing a few apps I start getting the memory insufficient error.
It never happened earlier ,even on the previous rom. I guess its not the issue with cache memory or my messages and email but its something related to system partition.
In internet I found a post telling to delete the .deoxed file from data/app folder but I cannot find any such file.

Is there any way around to resolve the issue.

Thanks

crt60

Jan 31, 2008
St. Louis
Hi,

I installed this ROM today and its all working fine except the issue that after installing a few apps I start getting the memory insufficient error.
It never happened earlier ,even on the previous rom. I guess its not the issue with cache memory or my messages and email but its something related to system partition.
In internet I found a post telling to delete the .deoxed file from data/app folder but I cannot find any such file.

Is there any way around to resolve the issue.

Thanks

Try reflashing the rom, making sure to do a full wipe as instructed in the op, then after you flash, do a factory reset before you reboot, and don't restore any backups using tibu or anything else, just install apps clean. Could be a conflict of the fstab from a previous rom you flashed.

anshulsingh

Oct 23, 2012
Try reflashing the rom, making sure to do a full wipe as instructed in the op, then after you flash, do a factory reset before you reboot, and don't restore any backups using tibu or anything else, just install apps clean. Could be a conflict of the fstab from a previous rom you flashed.

I tried doing that but the issue still exists. Cannot resolve the issue by this way.
Thanks

SteveO390

Jan 9, 2012
So I'm curious, the OP states that Netflix "should" work with this latest update. Can anyone confirm it is?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

pitbullmommy45245

Jul 9, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
so i just flashed this yesterday and i'm getting horrible battery life. last night it was at 40% so i left it off the charger and in the morning i went to look at it and it died sometime in the night. i went to bed around 130am and woke up at 730am. it was off the whole time. i looked on my gsam battery monitor and it says app usage is what killed it. but it says anroid system 23.7, kernel 17.8, nfc service 9.9. then the rest is just little apps at 5% and under. please any help would be awesome

razen_kain

Jan 28, 2013
Carthage
so i just flashed this yesterday and i'm getting horrible battery life. last night it was at 40% so i left it off the charger and in the morning i went to look at it and it died sometime in the night. i went to bed around 130am and woke up at 730am. it was off the whole time. i looked on my gsam battery monitor and it says app usage is what killed it. but it says anroid system 23.7, kernel 17.8, nfc service 9.9. then the rest is just little apps at 5% and under. please any help would be awesome

If you select android system in gsam what wakelock/s are holding the phone awake the most?

razen_kain

Jan 28, 2013
Carthage
it says number of wake locks 1, wakelock detail - activity manager- launch 0.0s (1).

It must have reset. Did you use AJ's kernel that's posted in the op? I would try to reflash the kernel and if that does not work re-wipe and flash ROM again and do a data/factory reset after the flash. Boot the phone, set up, reboot into recovery and flash AJK aocp kernel.
That's how I installed this coming from cooked ROM and my battery life was great on this ROM.

Reactions: crt60 and azeem40

sharonbw

Sep 17, 2012

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1385922202947.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385922202947.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 195
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AoCP-7-banner.png

((((((((((The Collective Presents))))))))))

AoCP 7.2

Based on CM 11

~

This is compiled from Kitkat 4.4 source
    For the Samsung Galaxy S II i777

It is the Android Open Collective Project.

Many thanks goes to:
    Google for the base
    CyanogenMod for getting it running on our devices

Features
    Set individual notifications in Contacts
    HALO support (Download from Google Play)
    Advanced Camera functions
    Collective Icon Pack
    Custom carrier label
    Basic pie functions
    Propmodder
    Each alarm has its own selectable ringtone
    Notification row transparency
    Circle and Square battery color changer
    Center clock and date
    Change clock color
    CyanogenMod's LockClock
    CyanogenMod's Apollo music player
    Dashclock
    Custom notification drawer background
    Privacy guard
    Quiet time, select a time when the phone ringer will be turned back on
    Selinux
    And more...

[Changelog]

Added active display
    Fixed location settings
    Revised theme
    Fixed wifi priority
    Google setup wizard works
    Browser is fixed
    Other improvements

HOW TO INSTALL
    ***(If you are on Jellybean or older, you will need the latest CWM recovery for the i777 to flash this ROM)***
    ***If you are having trouble with flashing the zip, you can try the odin version from here***
    ***If you are having trouble with propmodder or Superuser issues you can try flashing chainfires latest Supersu update***
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    1. Factory Data reset
    2. Wipe Dalvik
    3. Format System
    4. Install AoCP-72-i777.zip from Sdcard
    5. Reboot device
    6. Install GApps for Android 4.4
    7. Reboot the device
    8. Enter Google info

Screenshot_2013-12-30-19-46-10.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-30-19-48-58.png

Download
    AoCP 7.2

AoCP 7.0

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Older versions
    AoCP 6.4

AoCP 6.4.1u

AoCP 5.9.5

AoCP 4.6

Credits
    Google
    Cyanogen-Mod
    TheCollective Team
    Johnsondr80
    Robm1911
    Molon Labe
    AJ Newkirk
    Mortem Tuam
    Ruger94
    Fezzy102
    ee23hd2
    flappjaxxx
    joedv
    Slimrom
    CameleonOS
    Roman Nurik
    MiCode
    LiquidSmooth
    (For the propmodder source)

*The Collective source on github*

NEED SOME THEMES?? SEARCH GOOGLE PLAY FOR "AoCP"

As Always, We are not responsible if it messes up your phone

kitkat.jpg

Due to the ever growing demand of life and the fact, the development team
    has pretty much dwindled to 3 Collective members working on the project.
    I am sad to say, this will be the final release of AoCP by the current active Collective team members. It has been a great 3 years, and I want to thank everyone that supported all of the Collective projects, from Fusion, to Legend and last but not least AoCP.
    There are plenty of great developers working hard to keep your phones current and I hope you give them the courtesy and respect for their countless hours of time and hard work.
    Who knows, maybe someday AoCP may return with new talent.
    Thanks again for your support.
    ~The Collective~
    Woohoo thanks for the great ROM guys!
    Just had a couple last minute fixes, be releasing very soon
    The second post of this thread links an ajk kernel made specifically for this ROM. Your answer doesn't address the question of what the differences are in between the aosp kernel, which does work for aocp, and the specialized aocp kernel.

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Maybe better to consult the author in the ajk q&a thread.

The AoCP kernel is more tuned for AoCP. There are small differences, they are not exactly the same. Try the AoCP kernel AND AJK v4.9 and see which works better for you & your phone.