[ROM] Mod: HK1 X3 / H96 max X3 / VONTAR X3 / Transpeed X3 Air / Bqeel Y8 Max (Amlogic

ath156

Jul 15, 2017
I haven't changed anything I flash with your Rom. The wifi works well. And the bluetooth too
If everything else works fine I think it's better not to touch it. It is just a minor problem. It would be easier to fix if it was your remote control or something like this.
But if you still want to try we may have to find a file (probably the one named "dtb") in the "root/dev" directory of your original/stock rom.
So you may get this from another user with the same box, or reload your original firmware and find it yourself (I repeat that I don't think this is so important - so there is no reason to do it).
If you have any other comment/problem I would be gland to hear it.

Delboy.

Dec 14, 2020
Just installed on VONTAR X3. I know this isn't new information but all is well in the world and it works great.

However, there's a problem with the wifi (this isn't just this rom it's every rom) when I power up with my wireless mouse (usb receiver) the wifi won't turn on. Mildly annoying. Any quick fixes?

ath156

Jul 15, 2017
Sorry!😉
"- Fixed" ENTER "bug when using external keyboard"
For me, Q is still the enter!
What can I do?
The "ENTER" is fixed mainly at the small keyboards (of type like i8, airmouses with a small keyboards etc) which have only 1 ENTER key.
If you are using a larger keyboard (like those we usually have for PCs) which have 2 "ENTER" keys, than the one beside the numeric pad will infect give you "ENTER" but the other key (beside the letter part) not. It can be fixed also but may depend on the maker also.

Reactions: rascally81

Lord Kalma

Dec 1, 2012
Porto
Hey,
I want to install the H96 MAX version but the device doesn't show up in the USB Burning Tool, and the img doesn't load on the Factory Flasher for Rockship... Any ideas? Also using the SD card maker didn't work... The device just boots normally...

ath156

Jul 15, 2017
Hey,
I want to install the H96 MAX version but the device doesn't show up in the USB Burning Tool, and the img doesn't load on the Factory Flasher for Rockship... Any ideas? Also using the SD card maker didn't work... The device just boots normally...
Did you read that this is for TVboxes with Amlogic S905 X3 and not for Rockchip ??;)

cossak2007

Jul 30, 2012
Canada
Great Rom for my Vontar x3
TWRP Issue
Is this normal for this rom?
Backed up the rom in TWRP ...
When doing a restore , TWRP error .. "failed to mount ODM .. not a data message"
Cleared data and formatted data, uninstalled and reinstalled Magisk but it always ends up in a boot loop.
Workaround for me was to flash the original HK1 rom and then restored only the data from TWRP.
What was I doing incorrectly or missed doing in restoring the whole rom to cause the bootloop?
Thank you.

ath156

Jul 15, 2017
Great Rom for my Vontar x3
TWRP Issue
Is this normal for this rom?
Backed up the rom in TWRP ...
When doing a restore , TWRP error .. "failed to mount ODM .. not a data message"
Cleared data and formatted data, uninstalled and reinstalled Magisk but it always ends up in a boot loop.
Workaround for me was to flash the original HK1 rom and then restored only the data from TWRP.
What was I doing incorrectly or missed doing in restoring the whole rom to cause the bootloop?
Thank you.
I am not quite sure what you are trying to do but let me guess and say some general things.
1. You backup your original/stock rom by probably a not-permanent TWRP, just to be able to go back to it in a few minutes and in the state you were then. The proper way is to do a "clean" install (using either UBT or sd card) and then restore only the partitions you want (sometimes even only Data partition will be enough- if you have made no changes to System or Vendor partitions).
2. In my custom rom you can use the preinstalled and permanent TWRP to do a backup (usually only Boot, System, Vendor and Data partitions). If you try other roms and want to go back to my custom rom, again you better first do a clean install and then just Restore the partitions you need.
3. You may restore Vendor or Data partitions from one firmware to another, but there is no guarantee that this will be always successfull. Better do not try to restore other partitions (i.e. Boot, Bootloader etc) from one rom to another, unless you know what you are doing.
4. In my custom rom the Magisk is preinstalled in a certain way (as a system apk) and you can not just uninstall it. There is a way though, which you can do it (I have given a PDF file with instructions of how to do it).

If this is not what you want, please let me understand what you are trying to do.

cossak2007

Jul 30, 2012
Canada
I am not quite sure what you are trying to do but let me guess and say some general things.
1. You backup your original/stock rom by probably a not-permanent TWRP, just to be able to go back to it in a few minutes and in the state you were then. The proper way is to do a "clean" install (using either UBT or sd card) and then restore only the partitions you want (sometimes even only Data partition will be enough- if you have made no changes to System or Vendor partitions).
2. In my custom rom you can use the preinstalled and permanent TWRP to do a backup (usually only Boot, System, Vendor and Data partitions). If you try other roms and want to go back to my custom rom, again you better first do a clean install and then just Restore the partitions you need.
3. You may restore Vendor or Data partitions from one firmware to another, but there is no guarantee that this will be always successfull. Better do not try to restore other partitions (i.e. Boot, Bootloader etc) from one rom to another, unless you know what you are doing.
4. In my custom rom the Magisk is preinstalled in a certain way (as a system apk) and you can not just uninstall it. There is a way though, which you can do it (I have given a PDF file with instructions of how to do it).

If this is not what you want, please let me understand what you are trying to do.
Very clear and understood.
Was trying to make a temporary Twrp backup from stock rom but not successful.
So tried to restore your rom from Twrp backup by restoring all the partitions but ran into the boot loop problems i mentioned .
Great rom with zero issues.
Thank you
Any plans to update rom to Android 10?

ath156

Jul 15, 2017
Very clear and understood.
Was trying to make a temporary Twrp backup from stock rom but not successful.
So tried to restore your rom from Twrp backup by restoring all the partitions but ran into the boot loop problems i mentioned .
Great rom with zero issues.
Thank you
Any plans to update rom to Android 10?
No. There will be no update to Android 10. Thank you.

Nov 2, 2012
Hi, how can we actually know, that there is no hidden spyware in these Custom Roms? How can we check as users?
How do i know my WLAN Passwords and other things are not spyed and transfered to some shady guys in russia? How can we know it from Malayska Mod of which this ROM is based upon?
There were many many cases in the past - mostly from russia sadly - where in custom roms there were like hidden software that used part of the processor to mine cryptocurrencies in the background...
How can i know something like this is not in such ROMS? How can i check and who guarantees that to me?

ath156

Jul 15, 2017
For those paranoid out there, connect to your box and type top to monitor processes.
You are very right/correct !!!!

Also all people using TVboxes must take into account that these are mainly for fun (watching videos, IPTV, films, series etc).
You must never use these TVboxes to connect to your bank account for example ;)

Nov 2, 2012
For those paranoid out there, connect to your box and type top to monitor processes.
Hello, i would not consider myself as "paranoid", but rather its a waste of my money with my electricity bill and performance of my box, if something like crypto mining in the background takes place. Also process overviews might not immediately reveal whats going on because of process namings etc.

So is there something like a torough security check to make sure a custom rom runs fine without any crap in the background?