[ROM] Mod: HK1 X3 / H96 max X3 / VONTAR X3 / Transpeed X3 Air / Bqeel Y8 Max (Amlogic

Search This thread

ath156

Jul 15, 2017
The first link you posted is way better https://mega.nz/file/ch9yVTjB#Q_VR0eVKT60r1iocJNc6aVsnYA25tdswe-oTiveh-fs The reason why is it only gives you what you need to get ATV up and running , the other link that was in your original Freaktab forum worked great aswell but with a lot of included bloatware ( that you can delete anyways no big deal, but I would refer people to the first link you sent.

Also fair warning, if you do install ATV via magisk module , you cannot remove it or it will cause a bootloop and would need to reflash the box

Another note why I needed ATV rom is because a lot of ATV Apks wont run on ASOP roms, e.g., A&E and History APKS along with a lot of other Android TV apps that will only run on ATV. If you tried to run them on ASOP it will open and close right away
Thank you for your feedback. As I have previously stated I always use AOSP version, since I don't like/need ATV versions. So I never even tried these modules (due also to lack of spare time to do this-I have a new box that I try different things now).
I thought that the 1st link would be better, since it is more recent (that's why I gave it to you as 1st also;)).
The only thing that I don't know is the one you said about a bootloop if you remove this module (i.e. by unchecking this module)?
Is this correct? Because according to my information (not personal experience) you can do it with no problem:oops:

Thegreatcow

Jul 12, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. As I have previously stated I always use AOSP version, since I don't like/need ATV versions. So I never even tried these modules (due also to lack of spare time to do this-I have a new box that I try different things now).
I thought that the 1st link would be better, since it is more recent (that's why I gave it to you as 1st also;)).
The only thing that I don't know is the one you said about a bootloop if you remove this module (i.e. by unchecking this module)?
Is this correct? Because according to my information (not personal experience) you can do it with no problem:oops:
Correct by unchecking the module and rebooting, that will bootloop the box because it doesn't replace the original files it overwrote I assume. No big deal though because if you want ATV Rom then I don't see why someone would want to revert back to ASOP.

I really appreciate you making this rom, i been stuck on a old S905X2 for years because I needed Magisk and it was impossible to get Magisk working on alot of the S905X3 9.0 boxes. I broke a few flashing it via TWRP. I know the Beelink GT King has it but you have to boot into recovery mode for it to work and it was such a hassle.

What new box are you working on if I may ask ?

ath156

Jul 15, 2017
Correct by unchecking the module and rebooting, that will bootloop the box because it doesn't replace the original files it overwrote I assume. No big deal though because if you want ATV Rom then I don't see why someone would want to revert back to ASOP.

I really appreciate you making this rom, i been stuck on a old S905X2 for years because I needed Magisk and it was impossible to get Magisk working on alot of the S905X3 9.0 boxes. I broke a few flashing it via TWRP. I know the Beelink GT King has it but you have to boot into recovery mode for it to work and it was such a hassle.

What new box are you working on if I may ask ?
I had the impression (and by reading the feedback of other users) that by just unchecking the module in Magisk it just goes back to AOSP. And bootlooping usually has to do only with the bootloader. Your assumption (which is logical) that some files are deleted and not able to be reinstated, I would guess could lead to a not normal operation, but not to bootloop. Anyway you have tested it, I didn't, so I guess you are right. On the other hand I know that sometime ago there were 2 separate modules. One for AOSP to ATV and one for ATV to AOSP ;) So finally your experience must be correct, as not to be able to go back so simply.

Anyway lately I am working on my new X88 King (GT King "killer"???-although I personally admire Beelink-my GT1 2/16 is one of the best boxes I ever had). And there is for it a superb custom rom with Magisk preinstalled also (no need to reboot to recovery, but as my current custom rom for H96 max X3:cool:).

Thegreatcow

Jul 12, 2020
I had the impression (and by reading the feedback of other users) that by just unchecking the module in Magisk it just goes back to AOSP. And bootlooping usually has to do only with the bootloader. Your assumption (which is logical) that some files are deleted and not able to be reinstated, I would guess could lead to a not normal operation, but not to bootloop. Anyway you have tested it, I didn't, so I guess you are right. On the other hand I know that sometime ago there were 2 separate modules. One for AOSP to ATV and one for ATV to AOSP ;) So finally your experience must be correct, as not to be able to go back so simply.

Anyway lately I am working on my new X88 King (GT King "killer"???-although I personally admire Beelink-my GT1 2/16 is one of the best boxes I ever had). And there is for it a superb custom rom with Magisk preinstalled also (no need to reboot to recovery, but as my current custom rom for H96 max X3:cool:).
Do they still manufacture the X88 King model? I'll was gunna buy it on Amazon but none for sale.... I ordered boxes many times from China and they never come lol.... Were you able to get Magisk on your X88?

ath156

Jul 15, 2017
If you install my custom rom and want to update Magisk to latest version 22.0, please follow the instructions in the PDF file:
If you need/want to pass SafetyNet also, please send me a PM to give you a link for another PDF file with instructions.;)

waseemhassan

Feb 15, 2017
Hi. I the link doesn't seem to work now. Also I am really interested to know how to pass safetynet. I'm sending you a DM. Would really appreciate if you can send me the doc for that also

ath156

Jul 15, 2017
If you have any problem with SafetyNet please have a look here:
Therefore download from PlayStore the application "SafetyNet Status" and check it with this apk.

ath156

Jul 15, 2017
If you have any problem with SafetyNet please have a look here:
Therefore download from PlayStore the application "SafetyNet Status" and check it with this apk.
And the fix to this problem here:https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv...eel-y8-max-amlogic-s905x3?p=823258#post823258

george fane

May 17, 2021
Hello to all forum members and especially for ath 156, great job and very good support! Please help me solving this wifi specific box problem.
Since january 2020 I received from China a HK1 X3,but the tv box seems to have the well known problems with 2,4/5Ghz very poor speed,the original ROM not rooted and seler offers no support at all. On october 2020 I flashed the box with the ROM presented here, u219_HK1_H96maxX3_Ath156Mod3_ENG_BarsEnable_19082020_OK.img, a very good one. This ROM worked very well till march 2021 when, suddenly, when I started again I noticed that I lost wifi, but bluetooth is ok. As a remark, the tv box was used from time to time. When I try to start wifi from the settings, the specific button is activated (on) for 17 seconds then it goes off. No 2,4/5Ghz wifi network is present at all, despite the fact that the router is at 2 max distance. I repeat, bluetooth is ok,I cand connect and transfer file (mobile phone to tv box). For wifi, the box indicates a MAC but no IP adress and no data transfer. HK1 X3 that I own is a 4GB/128GB, with BLUE board marked with a white label "5QC2 4+128+5230 b11" and with HK5230 wifi/bt module. I tried many,many ROMs for this specific box or compatible with S905X3 but no succes to revive wifi functionality. Please help with an original ROM for HK1 X3 with HK5230 wifi module, or indications how to install/write drivers for this wifi module or a compatible one. I mention that I didn;t made any recovery first,my big mistake. Thank you all in advanced!

ath156

Jul 15, 2017
Hello to all forum members and especially for ath 156, great job and very good support! Please help me solving this wifi specific box problem.
Since january 2020 I received from China a HK1 X3,but the tv box seems to have the well known problems with 2,4/5Ghz very poor speed,the original ROM not rooted and seler offers no support at all. On october 2020 I flashed the box with the ROM presented here, u219_HK1_H96maxX3_Ath156Mod3_ENG_BarsEnable_19082020_OK.img, a very good one. This ROM worked very well till march 2021 when, suddenly, when I started again I noticed that I lost wifi, but bluetooth is ok. As a remark, the tv box was used from time to time. When I try to start wifi from the settings, the specific button is activated (on) for 17 seconds then it goes off. No 2,4/5Ghz wifi network is present at all, despite the fact that the router is at 2 max distance. I repeat, bluetooth is ok,I cand connect and transfer file (mobile phone to tv box). For wifi, the box indicates a MAC but no IP adress and no data transfer. HK1 X3 that I own is a 4GB/128GB, with BLUE board marked with a white label "5QC2 4+128+5230 b11" and with HK5230 wifi/bt module. I tried many,many ROMs for this specific box or compatible with S905X3 but no succes to revive wifi functionality. Please help with an original ROM for HK1 X3 with HK5230 wifi module, or indications how to install/write drivers for this wifi module or a compatible one. I mention that I didn;t made any recovery first,my big mistake. Thank you all in advanced!
Since you had a working wifi for so much time using this custom rom, there is always the possibility that now you may have a partially damaged wifi chip (probably due to high temperatures ??). Did you use a fan base under your TVbox? Have you checked the temperature (either with the preinstalled Hardware Monitor Bar or with an apk)?

Do you have a wifi mac address like "02:00:00:00:00"?
Have you set the time to be automatically taken from Internet? Have you enabled location?
Try also to competely turn off and then on your router (I am almost sure you have already done this, but just in case.....)
Also never have the ethernet cable connected while you want to use wifi.

Since you have used other custom firmwares with no result, I think you may try to do a clean install of this custom rom (of course using also the Licence Directory that I have given you). If after all these you still don't have a wifi than probably you now have a broken wifi chip.
Good Luck anyway.

george fane

May 17, 2021
Since you had a working wifi for so much time using this custom rom, there is always the possibility that now you may have a partially damaged wifi chip (probably due to high temperatures ??). Did you use a fan base under your TVbox? Have you checked the temperature (either with the preinstalled Hardware Monitor Bar or with an apk)?

Do you have a wifi mac address like "02:00:00:00:00"?
Have you set the time to be automatically taken from Internet? Have you enabled location?
Try also to competely turn off and then on your router (I am almost sure you have already done this, but just in case.....)
Also never have the ethernet cable connected while you want to use wifi.

Since you have used other custom firmwares with no result, I think you may try to do a clean install of this custom rom (of course using also the Licence Directory that I have given you). If after all these you still don't have a wifi than probably you now have a broken wifi chip.
Good Luck anyway.
Hello ath156 and thank you for your fast response!
1.I didn t use my HK1 X3 so intense,due to it s poor wifi speed…just from time to time and always was “off”, not in stand-by mode (the box was set to act as power off, not stand-by,when you push the power button on remote).
2.The box temperature was not to high,arround 50-67 C (maximum,as I remember),according to your firmware preinstalled hw monitor bar.So,I did not think I need to install a fan,due to this temperature,the box was not used for games or other intense working regime...only for movies and the box have never been hot,no crash,not stopped working or other problems.
3.MAC adress on the upper bar of launcher is .......................; in System Settings/More settings/Settings/System/About device...there is "IP adress Unavailable", "Wi-Fi MAC address 02:00:00:00:00"…why MAC address is different - please explain?...what is the real MAC,finally?...02:00:00:00:00 means that wifi is broken or not,can it be fixed and how?...also, "Bluetooth address .................." – is it possible that Bluetooth works but wifi do not?
4.I have set the time to be automatically taken from Internet and location enabled.
5.I restarted router many times…in fact it is set to do so every day.
6.Never inserted/used ethernet cable.
7.I allready flashed the box with your custom rom,using UBT v2.2.0 (with License)+push AV button+USB A-A cable with no problem at all; I do not know what is "clean install" - please explain how to.
8.You wrote:"Since you had a working wifi for so much time using this custom rom" - from october 2020 to march 2021 is not so much time...only 5 months...and the box have been used from time to time and after that in Off state (Clock Off), not Stand-by.
9.Why wifi button automatically goes off 17 seconds after you activate it?
10.When I noticed that I have nou wifi, I observed also that the custom rom gives me this error: "System UI keeps stopping" - what is about and si it related to the wifi problem?
Please answer to 3,7,9 and 10.
Also,please help me:
1.how to find out if I have the correct driver for wifi module HK5230 - where to look?
2.how to “put” a good/compatible driver for HK5230 wifi module into your custom firmware, due to the fact that it is a rooted one…as I understood from discussions on forums it can be possible…
Thank you very much for your help.

Last edited:

ath156

Jul 15, 2017
@george fane
7. "Clean Install" is what you already may have done. That is to use UBT to install the firmware and at the same time having checked there the options "erase flash", "erase bootloader" and the "mac adresses" (which uses the Licence folder).
Did you actually check this box for "mac addresses" in UBT when reinstalling my firmware?

3. a wifi mac address of "02:00:00:00:00" you can get mainly under 2 conditions:
- either by flashing custom firmwares that do not use Licence folder (and as you have said you already flashed
other firmwares - but probably you also had such a problem before that as I understand)
- or having a damaged wifi chip/module (sometimes from high temperatures but sometimes for other reasons too).And I think it is possible to have bt and not wifi.

Finally I don't think you have to do something for your HK5230 wifi module as it was correctly working previously (no additional driver I mean). The poor wifi is something else, depending on many conditions:
- The quality of the wifi module. Also the distance from the router and if there are walls between etc (in your case you say that it is 2 meters away so this is not the reason for poor wifi performance)
- Sometimes it helps to open the TVbox and move the antenna to another position (maybe away from some other interfering chip/module). I don't know if this is possible for HK1 X3. It is possible for H96 max X3 with Green board but not for H96 max X3 with Blue board. It is also a usual wifi solution for HK1 Box and Vontar X3.
- Sometimes even lifting a little bit the TVbox from the table/furniture you have it may help wifi. That's another advantage (good side effect) you may have if you use a fan base for lower temperatures. This is true if the wifi module is at the bottom of the TVbox.

Of course now your problem is not poor wifi reception, but wifi not working at all.
Personally I am using powerlines for all my TVboxes. They may be a little bit expensive but you get the best performance and you can use them for other appliances too.

george fane

May 17, 2021
@george fane
7. "Clean Install" is what you already may have done. That is to use UBT to install the firmware and at the same time having checked there the options "erase flash", "erase bootloader" and the "mac adresses" (which uses the Licence folder).
Did you actually check this box for "mac addresses" in UBT when reinstalling my firmware?

3. a wifi mac address of "02:00:00:00:00" you can get mainly under 2 conditions:
- either by flashing custom firmwares that do not use Licence folder (and as you have said you already flashed
other firmwares - but probably you also had such a problem before that as I understand)
- or having a damaged wifi chip/module (sometimes from high temperatures but sometimes for other reasons too).And I think it is possible to have bt and not wifi.

Finally I don't think you have to do something for your HK5230 wifi module as it was correctly working previously (no additional driver I mean). The poor wifi is something else, depending on many conditions:
- The quality of the wifi module. Also the distance from the router and if there are walls between etc (in your case you say that it is 2 meters away so this is not the reason for poor wifi performance)
- Sometimes it helps to open the TVbox and move the antenna to another position (maybe away from some other interfering chip/module). I don't know if this is possible for HK1 X3. It is possible for H96 max X3 with Green board but not for H96 max X3 with Blue board. It is also a usual wifi solution for HK1 Box and Vontar X3.
- Sometimes even lifting a little bit the TVbox from the table/furniture you have it may help wifi. That's another advantage (good side effect) you may have if you use a fan base for lower temperatures. This is true if the wifi module is at the bottom of the TVbox.

Of course now your problem is not poor wifi reception, but wifi not working at all.
Personally I am using powerlines for all my TVboxes. They may be a little bit expensive but you get the best performance and you can use them for other appliances too.
Hello again, my helpfull friend!
Yes,I've allready done that "clean install" but no luck..neither with stock HK1X3,other compatible X3 fw or your custom ROM. To flash the box,I used UBT as you mentioned, with all those checks,including "mac...I noticed that mac address number is decreasing coresponding to the flash tries...interesting,is it ok?...also tried with "erase all", or without checked "mac"...same negative result...
...I have knowledge and I am familiar with electronics,radio communications,computer and other hardware stuff...also with flashing devices,but not on programming...yet,I do not want to believe that wifi module is gone so easy and in such a short time,mostly tv box unused (power of, not in stand by mode),but bt part is still working...I'll keep looking - maybe i 'll try reballing wifi module?
Chinesse wifi module HK5230 sucks,and I told them and, of course, NO SUPPORT...but they get your money...this was a crap,from the begining...arround 9Mbps download/5Ghz and 20Mbps/2,4Ghz band brand new device???...I reposinioned the antenna and get arround 35Mbps both...I've replaced the stock one,made and connect an internal antenna and rise the gain and speed up to 45Mbps MAX...as I mentioned,distance to the router is only 2 meters,direct sight,same room...
I've also tried PowerLine device....Tenda AV1000 connecting only in the same room ONLY if it is the same power circuit?...only browsing but no streaming...no YT,no Netflix or other app for movies...also very poor connection and Internet speed...I undestood that is related to the quality of the power line,but Tenda said that their powerline works for 300 meters max line...I am talking about a flat...rooms line not in the same circuit does not work despite the fact that power lines have less than 300 m...I am waiting for a D-Link PowerLine kit to try again...meanwhile, LONG LIVE ETHERNET CABLE!!!...924Mbps download and 625Mbops upload...no powerline or wifi will give me that...I will try that D-link powerline (also 1000Mbps,theoretically), and also keep looking,MAYBE, to revive that internal wifi module...till then,I repeat: LONG LIVE ETHERNET CABLE!
...If you have any new sugestions to "resuscitate" my "ill" wifi module, you are wellcome and thank you in advance,again!
Best regards,ath156 and respect for all your great work and support!

Last edited:

ath156

Jul 15, 2017
Hello again, my helpfull friend!
Yes,I've allready done that "clean install" but no luck..neither with stock HK1X3,other compatible X3 fw or your custom ROM. To flash the box,I used UBT as you mentioned, with all those checks,including "mac...I noticed that mac address number is decreasing coresponding to the flash tries...interesting,is it ok?...also tried with "erase all", or without checked "mac"...same negative result...
...I have knowledge and I am familiar with electronics,radio communications,computer and other hardware stuff...also with flashing devices,but not on programming...yet,I do not want to believe that wifi module is gone so easy and in such a short time,mostly tv box unused (power of, not in stand by mode),but bt part is still working...I'll keep looking - maybe i 'll try reballing wifi module?
Chinesse wifi module HK5230 sucks,and I told them and, of course, NO SUPPORT...but they get your money...this was a crap,from the begining...arround 9Mbps download/5Ghz and 20Mbps/2,4Ghz band brand new device???...I reposinioned the antenna and get arround 35Mbps both...I've replaced the stock one,made and connect an internal antenna and rise the gain and speed up to 45Mbps MAX...as I mentioned,distance to the router is only 2 meters,direct sight,same room...
I've also tried PowerLine device....Tenda AV1000 connecting only in the same room ONLY if it is the same power circuit?...only browsing but no streaming...no YT,no Netflix or other app for movies...also very poor connection and Internet speed...I undestood that is related to the quality of the power line,but Tenda said that their powerline works for 300 meters max line...I am talking about a flat...rooms line not in the same circuit does not work despite the fact that power lines have less than 300 m...I am waiting for a D-Link PowerLine kit to try again...meanwhile, LONG LIVE ETHERNET CABLE!!!...924Mbps download and 625Mbops upload...no powerline or wifi will give me that...I will try that D-link powerline (also 1000Mbps,theoretically), and also keep looking,MAYBE, to revive that internal wifi module...till then,I repeat: LONG LIVE ETHERNET CABLE!
...If you have any new sugestions to "resuscitate" my "ill" wifi module, you are wellcome and thank you in advance,again!
Best regards,ath156 and respect for all your great work and support!
After all that it still seems to me that you have a hardware (wifi) problem and not software, but you can try also something else.
Have you ever tried Coreelec? You can install it in an sd card and it is also possible to use it as a dual boot system (Coreelec or Android) or by just removing the sd card to have your Android system !!
I have made a very easy way to install Coreelec in H96 max X3 (and its clones). Just download the following PDF file:
Try it and if you don't have wifi also there, then it is certainly a hardware problem.

george fane

May 17, 2021
After all that it still seems to me that you have a hardware (wifi) problem and not software, but you can try also something else.
Have you ever tried Coreelec? You can install it in an sd card and it is also possible to use it as a dual boot system (Coreelec or Android) or by just removing the sd card to have your Android system !!
I have made a very easy way to install Coreelec in H96 max X3 (and its clones). Just download the following PDF file:
Try it and if you don't have wifi also there, then it is certainly a hardware problem.
I still think it is a software problem...somehow wifi driver for HK5230 module was gone or culprit. I flashed the last updated stock ROM,I think from august 2020,the rooted one...Using ESFile Explorer, I looked into folder: etc / bluetooth… and here are listed a number of models, including ending in "30" (ex BCM4330 and others)- probably why Bluetooth module KH5230 is still functional...also, I loooked into folder: vendor / etc / wifi… there are files for various module models, but none finished in "30" or HK5230 model - probably that's why wifi is not functional now!...that is why I still think is not a hw problem...something went wrong at one point...I repet,the box was used very rare...I remember there were some power failure...therefore please help me with a vendor / etc / wifi folder, the content of which refers to modules with the termination "30" (eg BCM4330 or others with termination 30, probably compatible with noname HK5230). The actual stockk ROM it's rooted, so I would like to write in full or just complete vendor / etc / wifi folder with those files specific to modules ending in "30" and I hope that wifi will become functional again. From my experience in electronics on this kind of devices / modules, I haven't really seen that only the wifi part does not work, but bluetooth does. The radio transmission part is somewhat common, at least on the 2.4Ghz side (wifi-bt). this radio zone leads to the malfunction of both wifi-bt systems. from the point of view of hw, wifi and bt will work or not both. the radio part is almost common. the separate operation of wifi from bt is done by the firmware. As I already mentioned,in my case, I noticed that bt has specific files for modules ending in "30",for sure compatible with this HK5230,the bt part.But wifi part has no firmware support,no files for devices ending in "30".So please help me with that kind of content for vendor / etc / wifi, containing files for modules with "30" at the end (ex:BCM4330 and other with "30" at the end of their name/brand/model).I am almost certain that this remedy will work snd revive wifi function of the HK1X3 tv box with HK5230 wifi module.Thanks in advance!...I think that could help others as well...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM] Mod: HK1 X3 / H96 max X3 / VONTAR X3 / Transpeed X3 Air / Bqeel Y8 Max (Amlogic S905X3)

This mod is based on the Malay mod v1.2 . You can download the Malay mod (starts in Russian) from here : https://yadi.sk/d/GWW_dL7anKvorA
    The Malay mod is based on the original for HK1 X3 u219.HK1_BOX_1000M_9.0.2020.01.13.12.35

What is Changed / Added

- In Settings you can now enable/disable Status Bar & Navigation Bar (photos 1,3)
    - TASKBAR (as another Navigation Bar and much more…….)(Photo 4)
    - POWER SHADE (as Notification Panel – give all the required permissions)
    - Square Home 3 (it is strongly advised to immediately use this launcher as default)
    - PowerMenu (Photo 6)
    - Root Explorer
    - Landrive (as SMB server)
    - EsFileExplorer
    - MxPlayer
    - Corrected the bug of “ENTER” when using external keyboard
    - Deleted a couple of apps of russian interest/use
    - The rom starts and installs in ENGLISH by default

What was already in Malay’s rom

- Magisk (permanent)(photo 5)
    - TWRP (permanent)
    - Viper4FX

You can download the custom rom from here : https://mega.nz/file/hhkH1aJL#0iWVizud2ijzGCW3ZjrHe-_ECJpq4YOPzNf7wpCdLdU

Some Photos of how the rom may look using Square Home 3 as default launcher :

How to Install
    - You can use a USBmale-USBmale cable and USB Burning Tool. If you don’t have the cable you can easily make it by yourself, possibly using some old cables (from old smartphones etc). If you need USB Burning Tool you can download it from here https://mega.nz/file/E0MHyaDa#n5BHOVwobmWxLmfgnD9Bn8BWjjfH4RLgesKTiiuwFzY
    After you install UBT you must copy the LICENCE directory https://mega.nz/file/8lECwC4R#AcA4CsaZVf23X-nNPPURBkCz0IFvSjaCaCMERrLq6pc
    - You unrar the custom rom (to get the same name file as img), load it to UBT and press “Start”
    - Connect one end of cable to USB port of PC and the other end to your port of the box (usually the 2.0 USB port and NOT the blue one which is 3.0). You must wait until 100% is reached and only then disconnect the cable. After starting the box you have to wait 4-5 minutes for everything to be installed.
    In case that “burning” does not start, you must repeat the same procedure but additionally pressing the “Reset” button (gently pressing it in the center of AV port) for 2-3 seconds.
    - Instead of UBT you can install the rom using an sd card and Burn Card Maker (instructions at Post #50)

NOTE : At post #46 you will find a special version ONLY for H96 max X3 with Blue Board and wifi chip IT6334.
    :good:
    Thanks for the ROM, I just installed it today and I'm loving it so far.
    I used the sd card method and it worked fine. A couple things though. First the instructions don't mention the language tab in the top left corner to change to English. And second is about step 6, I used the default settings( all boxes checked ) and it worked on the first try.
    I installed this on my HK1 s905x3 box and it's way better than the stock ROM.
    Thank you for your feedback.:) Taking into account your remarks here are the corrected instructions to install the rom with an SD card :

If you want to install the firmware with an sd card please do the following:

A.* Download the program Burn Card Maker v2.0.3 from here :**https://mega.nz/file/B0MlFSaC#0AMqAqv4BO76mgO7zIzdRQ6YV7zetE4S21MHCNk84XY

B. Follow the guide from here (please take into account also the following notes) : https://mega.nz/file/x190FLLJ#adVfA5kyka4oK2K2TGejzGM5muNBl8jGq0pxAF5KcR4
    * * *Note1: To change the language in English use the Tab at the top left corner.
    * * *Note2: At step (6) use the default settings (all boxes checked)
    Sorry!😉
    "- Fixed" ENTER "bug when using external keyboard"
    For me, Q is still the enter!
    What can I do?
    The "ENTER" is fixed mainly at the small keyboards (of type like i8, airmouses with a small keyboards etc) which have only 1 ENTER key.
    If you are using a larger keyboard (like those we usually have for PCs) which have 2 "ENTER" keys, than the one beside the numeric pad will infect give you "ENTER" but the other key (beside the letter part) not. It can be fixed also but may depend on the maker also.
    For those paranoid out there, connect to your box and type top to monitor processes.
    Hello.

I am trying to flash this rom on Vontar X3. The UBT tool does not detect my device. The device powers on whenever I connect it using USB.

I have tried USB 2 port, USB 3 port, power adapter + USB port 2/3. I have also tried to reboot to recovery/bootloader but it never detects my android box. I have also tried different USB ports on PC but it still does not detect it (other devices connected to my USB ports are functioning correctly).

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the UBT many times.

Any help please?

Thanks in advance
    Do you press the "reset" button (in the AV port) while connecting the cable?
    The process is:
    - Load the image in the UBT and press "START". Connect one end of the cable to the PC/Laptop
    - While pressing the reset button connect the other end to the Vontar (preferably the black USB). Keep pressing the reset button from 3-5 seconds, until burning starts.