• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] Mod: HK1 X3 / H96 max X3 / VONTAR X3 / Transpeed X3 Air / Bqeel Y8 Max (Amlogic

Search This thread

ath156

Jul 15, 2017
I still think it is a software problem...somehow wifi driver for HK5230 module was gone or culprit. I flashed the last updated stock ROM,I think from august 2020,the rooted one...Using ESFile Explorer, I looked into folder: etc / bluetooth… and here are listed a number of models, including ending in "30" (ex BCM4330 and others)- probably why Bluetooth module KH5230 is still functional...also, I loooked into folder: vendor / etc / wifi… there are files for various module models, but none finished in "30" or HK5230 model - probably that's why wifi is not functional now!...that is why I still think is not a hw problem...something went wrong at one point...I repet,the box was used very rare...I remember there were some power failure...therefore please help me with a vendor / etc / wifi folder, the content of which refers to modules with the termination "30" (eg BCM4330 or others with termination 30, probably compatible with noname HK5230). The actual stockk ROM it's rooted, so I would like to write in full or just complete vendor / etc / wifi folder with those files specific to modules ending in "30" and I hope that wifi will become functional again. From my experience in electronics on this kind of devices / modules, I haven't really seen that only the wifi part does not work, but bluetooth does. The radio transmission part is somewhat common, at least on the 2.4Ghz side (wifi-bt). this radio zone leads to the malfunction of both wifi-bt systems. from the point of view of hw, wifi and bt will work or not both. the radio part is almost common. the separate operation of wifi from bt is done by the firmware. As I already mentioned,in my case, I noticed that bt has specific files for modules ending in "30",for sure compatible with this HK5230,the bt part.But wifi part has no firmware support,no files for devices ending in "30".So please help me with that kind of content for vendor / etc / wifi, containing files for modules with "30" at the end (ex:BCM4330 and other with "30" at the end of their name/brand/model).I am almost certain that this remedy will work snd revive wifi function of the HK1X3 tv box with HK5230 wifi module.Thanks in advance!...I think that could help others as well...
Sorry but I think the situation is very clear.
In your initial post in this thread you said that you used my custom rom from October 2020 until March 2021 !!!!!
And you had no problem with the wifi.
So if anything happened to the firmware installation affecting the wifi, would most probably have been fixed by just reinstalling/"burning" the same custom rom with UBT and a "clean install" (having checked also the "mac" option in UBT) !!!
If you still think this is a driver's problem, sorry but I can not help you in this (taking also into account your previous experience with this custom rom).
Good luck.

george fane

May 17, 2021
Sorry but I think the situation is very clear.
In your initial post in this thread you said that you used my custom rom from October 2020 until March 2021 !!!!!
And you had no problem with the wifi.
So if anything happened to the firmware installation affecting the wifi, would most probably have been fixed by just reinstalling/"burning" the same custom rom with UBT and a "clean install" (having checked also the "mac" option in UBT) !!!
If you still think this is a driver's problem, sorry but I can not help you in this (taking also into account your previous experience with this custom rom).
Good luck.
Thank you very much for your support ath156!.I'll try also the Coreelec,see maybe it's working...keep in touch,good friend!Best regards!

bostez

Nov 6, 2011
Working on Vontar X3, thank you ath156!

For me squarebox launcher is nicer. Runs very smooth.

Suggestions:

-Replace Superyoutube to Vanced
-Adaway preinstalled
-Termux

I had to change props to pass cts check and be able to download Netflix app.

Weird issue, primevideo app stopped working after updating Magisk and props change. Using website.

About this, "- Corrected the bug of “ENTER” when using external keyboard", not working for me, using bluetooth external keyboard

Last edited:

ath156

Jul 15, 2017
Working on Vontar X3, thank you ath156!

For me squarebox launcher is nicer. Runs very smooth.

Suggestions:

-Replace Superyoutube to Vanced
-Adaway preinstalled
-Termux

I had to change props to pass cts check and be able to download Netflix app.

Weird issue, primevideo app stopped working after updating Magisk and props change. Using website.

About this, "- Corrected the bug of “ENTER” when using external keyboard", not working for me, using bluetooth external keyboard
- About magisk have a look at these 2 PDF files with instructions (probably you have done some of them already).
If you still have problem with primevideo, let me know and I may have a last option for you.

- I prefer "Terminal Emulator" than "Termux", but this is just a personal preference...............

- If you have a big keyboard with 2 "Enter" keys (one down in the middle and one besides the numeric pad, try the later.

bostez

Nov 6, 2011
- About magisk have a look at these 2 PDF files with instructions (probably you have done some of them already).
If you still have problem with primevideo, let me know and I may have a last option for you.

- I prefer "Terminal Emulator" than "Termux", but this is just a personal preference...............

- If you have a big keyboard with 2 "Enter" keys (one down in the middle and one besides the numeric pad, try the later.
Hey ath156, thank you for your response.

Yes, unfortunately I have tried already all whats in those pdfs. Was using another device props tho, I changet it anyway and there is no effect. It's weird cos it used to work without any change (potentially could check root, props and whatever else). No effect either if I clear caches, even reinstalling or dowgrading woud crash over and over.

About the kboard thingy, I only have one enter key. CTRL+m would work in termux but not for the rest "go" button. There is a ton of workarounds out there, I will try!

Cheers.

ath156

Jul 15, 2017
Hey ath156, thank you for your response.

Yes, unfortunately I have tried already all whats in those pdfs. Was using another device props tho, I changet it anyway and there is no effect. It's weird cos it used to work without any change (potentially could check root, props and whatever else). No effect either if I clear caches, even reinstalling or dowgrading woud crash over and over.

About the kboard thingy, I only have one enter key. CTRL+m would work in termux but not for the rest "go" button. There is a ton of workarounds out there, I will try!

Cheers.
Did you do step 5 deleting the magisk directory in "system/priv-app/magisk" ??
If Yes, then try also the following:
- Open magisk application
- Return all props to the default.
- Go to "Settings-Hide the Magisk app" and click upon it. Use another name i.e. Magisk2 and after rebooting use this application (Magisk2 with the new icon). Do "Hide" in Magisk2 etc.
- Try the application you want now.
- In addition you can change also the props now and try again.
Let me now if this has any success.

bostez

Nov 6, 2011
Did you do step 5 deleting the magisk directory in "system/priv-app/magisk" ??
If Yes, then try also the following:
- Open magisk application
- Return all props to the default.
- Go to "Settings-Hide the Magisk app" and click upon it. Use another name i.e. Magisk2 and after rebooting use this application (Magisk2 with the new icon). Do "Hide" in Magisk2 etc.
- Try the application you want now.
- In addition you can change also the props now and try again.
Let me now if this has any success.
Yes, I did remove priv-app dir, forgot to mention!

I tried to do the process as you stated but unfortunately it did not affect the app to force close itself.

I think I have bigger issues now, can't launch recovery! How is that possible? I wanted to do a full backup but I can't launch it from power app, not even holding the reset button before power it on.

Is there any way to do it from terminal? I don't wanna brick it at this point. Maybe fastboot?

Thank you ath156

leroys

Dec 6, 2009
Thats great thanks, the stock rom does not work through optical cable, i get stereo but doesnt switch to decode. Will give the rom a try when i get chance

miss

Dec 27, 2006
Xiaomi Mi 9

wcwcwc

Mar 12, 2010
I have made a new version especially (and ONLY) for those that may have a new H96 max X3 with Blue Board and wifi chip IT6334
Since most of these boxes seem to be sold to Russia, this rom starts by default in Russian, but you can easily change the language in Settings.
You can fully backup your current state with a Temporary TWRP, try my rom and if you want go back to your previous state using again TWRP.
LINK: https://mega.nz/file/ko9xyQTJ#uDxXlPzWf0n6sT7s0MvYTpGszBpTpB3izoxPAq3bQak

EDIT : This rom is confirmed to have a fully functional wifi & BT for wifi chip IT6334
Hi, my H96 max x3 have a blue board but the wifi chip is IT6355...
This rom is for it or should i have install the #1 post rom?

ELAPV

Jul 18, 2014
Bonjour à tous.
Est-ce que cette ROM est compatible avec la Bqeel Y8 PRO amlogic S905X3 sachant qu'elle est non modifié. Merci de vos réponses.

Hello everyone.
Is this ROM compatible with the Bqeel Y8 PRO amlogic S905X3 knowing that it is unmodified. Thank you for your answers.

ath156

Jul 15, 2017
Bonjour à tous.
Est-ce que cette ROM est compatible avec la Bqeel Y8 PRO amlogic S905X3 sachant qu'elle est non modifié. Merci de vos réponses.

Hello everyone.
Is this ROM compatible with the Bqeel Y8 PRO amlogic S905X3 knowing that it is unmodified. Thank you for your answers.
Hello.
I know for sure about BQeel Y8 Max. Probably not suitable for Y8 Pro (as it may have different wifi module, lan etc).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You just transformed a bricked box ( future paperweight) into a powerfull android tv box again with slimbox ATV ;)

Just did what you said, wasn't easy but once i found the correct way it was easy and after that installed the stock firmware you provided just to be safe, tested it, everything went fine, and then used the old usb burning process and it worked like a charm with slimbox rom

I've used a paper clip to connect those 2 pins... xD

THNKS YOU VERY MUCH!!!
    Happy for you and for reviving your HK1 !!!!!! For now you have only 2 options for 100MB lan. The stock rom and the special 100MB version from slimbox.
    :good:
    Thanks for the ROM, I just installed it today and I'm loving it so far.
    I used the sd card method and it worked fine. A couple things though. First the instructions don't mention the language tab in the top left corner to change to English. And second is about step 6, I used the default settings( all boxes checked ) and it worked on the first try.
    I installed this on my HK1 s905x3 box and it's way better than the stock ROM.
    Thank you for your feedback.:) Taking into account your remarks here are the corrected instructions to install the rom with an SD card :

If you want to install the firmware with an sd card please do the following:

A.* Download the program Burn Card Maker v2.0.3 from here :**https://mega.nz/file/B0MlFSaC#0AMqAqv4BO76mgO7zIzdRQ6YV7zetE4S21MHCNk84XY

B. Follow the guide from here (please take into account also the following notes) : https://mega.nz/file/x190FLLJ#adVfA5kyka4oK2K2TGejzGM5muNBl8jGq0pxAF5KcR4
    * * *Note1: To change the language in English use the Tab at the top left corner.
    * * *Note2: At step (6) use the default settings (all boxes checked)
    [ROM] Mod: HK1 X3 / H96 max X3 / VONTAR X3 / Transpeed X3 Air / Bqeel Y8 Max (Amlogic S905X3)

This mod is based on the Malay mod v1.2 . You can download the Malay mod (starts in Russian) from here : https://yadi.sk/d/GWW_dL7anKvorA
    The Malay mod is based on the original for HK1 X3 u219.HK1_BOX_1000M_9.0.2020.01.13.12.35

What is Changed / Added

- In Settings you can now enable/disable Status Bar & Navigation Bar (photos 1,3)
    - TASKBAR (as another Navigation Bar and much more…….)(Photo 4)
    - POWER SHADE (as Notification Panel – give all the required permissions)
    - Square Home 3 (it is strongly advised to immediately use this launcher as default)
    - PowerMenu (Photo 6)
    - Root Explorer
    - Landrive (as SMB server)
    - EsFileExplorer
    - MxPlayer
    - Corrected the bug of “ENTER” when using external keyboard
    - Deleted a couple of apps of russian interest/use
    - The rom starts and installs in ENGLISH by default

What was already in Malay’s rom

- Magisk (permanent)(photo 5)
    - TWRP (permanent)
    - Viper4FX

You can download the custom rom from here : https://mega.nz/file/hhkH1aJL#0iWVizud2ijzGCW3ZjrHe-_ECJpq4YOPzNf7wpCdLdU

Some Photos of how the rom may look using Square Home 3 as default launcher :

How to Install
    - You can use a USBmale-USBmale cable and USB Burning Tool. If you don’t have the cable you can easily make it by yourself, possibly using some old cables (from old smartphones etc). If you need USB Burning Tool you can download it from here https://mega.nz/file/E0MHyaDa#n5BHOVwobmWxLmfgnD9Bn8BWjjfH4RLgesKTiiuwFzY
    After you install UBT you must copy the LICENCE directory https://mega.nz/file/8lECwC4R#AcA4CsaZVf23X-nNPPURBkCz0IFvSjaCaCMERrLq6pc
    - You unrar the custom rom (to get the same name file as img), load it to UBT and press “Start”
    - Connect one end of cable to USB port of PC and the other end to your port of the box (usually the 2.0 USB port and NOT the blue one which is 3.0). You must wait until 100% is reached and only then disconnect the cable. After starting the box you have to wait 4-5 minutes for everything to be installed.
    In case that “burning” does not start, you must repeat the same procedure but additionally pressing the “Reset” button (gently pressing it in the center of AV port) for 2-3 seconds.
    - Instead of UBT you can install the rom using an sd card and Burn Card Maker (instructions at Post #50)

NOTE : At post #46 you will find a special version ONLY for H96 max X3 with Blue Board and wifi chip IT6334.
    can u do for me?

edit : nvm already use laptop
    Yes that's what I mean. I think that in today's era everybody is able to get/use at least some kind of PC/laptop and prepare an sd card;)
    But although you found a solution I got your request as a challenge. So "challenge accepted":)
    Here is the way to make an sd card (you or whoever wants) WITHOUT a PC !!!!!

But whoever wants to do something like this, will have to do it by himself :LOL:
    Sorry!😉
    "- Fixed" ENTER "bug when using external keyboard"
    For me, Q is still the enter!
    What can I do?
    The "ENTER" is fixed mainly at the small keyboards (of type like i8, airmouses with a small keyboards etc) which have only 1 ENTER key.
    If you are using a larger keyboard (like those we usually have for PCs) which have 2 "ENTER" keys, than the one beside the numeric pad will infect give you "ENTER" but the other key (beside the letter part) not. It can be fixed also but may depend on the maker also.
    For those paranoid out there, connect to your box and type top to monitor processes.