[ROM/MOD]*TheCollective*[1-30-14] AoCP - CP7.1 {4.4.2} for L710

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jreink01

Jun 27, 2012
Saginaw
Ok, I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can clear up for me. First off, I am on Boost mobile with rooted and running a custom 4.1 rom. I have tried flashing two different 4.3 custom roms and everything works good except my data. There are times when I don't have data (right after flashing) and then at times I do have data but when I turn my wifi on and then when I go out of range of my network, somehow it messes with my data and I have no data. This is why I am currently on a 4.1 rom.
My questions are, since this update (4.3) by boost, sprint is out, I know were not suppose to take it being rooted and running a custom rom but do the developers of these already created custom roms have to incorporate this update into their roms or do they need to start from scratch to build another rom with this update in it?? I would like to use a 4.3 rom as my daily but the custom roms I have tried I am having issues with. I have seen some posts where there is a stock version of this update out. Does this stock version have all the knox files gone? I really like a couple of the custom roms but I have tried multiple times to use them with the same mentioned issues. If this update is incorpoated into these roms, I certainly would be willing to try using them again, maybe the update would solve the data issues I'm having on 4.3 roms. If anyone can shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated.

---------- Post added at 04:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 AM ----------

raresoul77

Nov 13, 2011
Still the best IMO . hope this ROM hasn't gone dead..
Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386263427315.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386263427315.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 99

jtsv

Jun 26, 2007
Oklahoma City, OK
I miss this rom!!!!! Since getting my S4 (w/Otterbox bought over Black Friday at BB with a gift card from last Christmas) so not to break the screen like my S3. I still carry my S3 with this 4.4 Kitkat so when on wifi I use it verses my new phone.

Don't understand the Knox issues and afraid to root and still trying to find a rom or thread to be on after rooting. I feel like such a rom stalker.

OK let the noobi comments go, is there a battery percentage on here? I'm having an old moment and can't find it and if I need to will download an app. I just need battery updates so I know when to charge since it is not my every moment phone. I feel like this is my "throw down phone".

Last edited:

raresoul77

Nov 13, 2011
I miss this rom!!!!! Since getting my S4 (w/Otterbox bought over Black Friday at BB with a gift card from last Christmas) so not to break the screen like my S3. I still carry my S3 with this 4.4 Kitkat so when on wifi I use it verses my new phone.

Don't understand the Knox issues and afraid to root and still trying to find a rom or thread to be on after rooting. I feel like such a rom stalker.

OK let the noobi comments go, is there a battery percentage on here? I'm having an old moment and can't find it and if I need to will download an app. I just need battery updates so I know when to charge since it is not my every moment phone. I feel like this is my "throw down phone".

Huh?

AlkaliV2

Jun 12, 2012
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm going to attempt to translate.

1.) He just bought as S4, but still uses his S3 when he is home on Wi-Fi
2.) He is unclear what Knox is or how it affects his phone
3.) He is using this rom for the first time in awhile and he can't remember how to get the battery icon to display a percentage

If my assumptions are correct...
1.) Kudos and sorry to hear about your S3's screen
2.) Knox is the bootloader put in place with the 4.3 Touchwiz update that locks the bootloader and some apps. It does not apply to AoCP
3.) I don't know the answer. I know it can be done because the screenshot above jtsv's post shows the battery and 31%

I hope this helped in some way?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night I clean flashed 6.4.1 on my phone and the radio never kicked in. It wasn't just data, I couldn't get calls or any signal at all. I cycled airplane mode and it still didn't come back. I thought maybe I had a bad flash so I wiped it again (system, data, cache, dalvik, sdcard) and the second install I still had no signal. I'm running the MK3 modem, is anyone else having the issue of not getting signal after a flash of 6.4.1?

jtsv

Jun 26, 2007
Oklahoma City, OK
I'm going to attempt to translate.

1.) He just bought as S4, but still uses his S3 when he is home on Wi-Fi
2.) He is unclear what Knox is or how it affects his phone
3.) He is using this rom for the first time in awhile and he can't remember how to get the battery icon to display a percentage

If my assumptions are correct...
1.) Kudos and sorry to hear about your S3's screen
2.) Knox is the bootloader put in place with the 4.3 Touchwiz update that locks the bootloader and some apps. It does not apply to AoCP
3.) I don't know the answer. I know it can be done because the screenshot above jtsv's post shows the battery and 31%

I hope this helped in some way?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night I clean flashed 6.4.1 on my phone and the radio never kicked in. It wasn't just data, I couldn't get calls or any signal at all. I cycled airplane mode and it still didn't come back. I thought maybe I had a bad flash so I wiped it again (system, data, cache, dalvik, sdcard) and the second install I still had no signal. I'm running the MK3 modem, is anyone else having the issue of not getting signal after a flash of 6.4.1?
KUDOS!
I "PM" him to explain and keep the thread clean.
Yes bummer about screen because I was trying to hold off on upgrade until the S5 released but finances and the situation made the choice for me. Knox has been a puzzling thing from the S4 forums so I am very leery. Staying stock for now on S4.
Didn't see it on above post but will check it out.
Radio issue I think was fixed a few pages back, he was gloating about being able to post the download link from his "tree stand". Search fro "tree stand".

AlkaliV2

Jun 12, 2012
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I kept seeing references to data not working, but nothing about signal so I dismissed the previous posts because I read through them too quickly. Thanks for setting me straight.

Do you have the Sprint S4 or the Verizon S4? If it is the Verizon version the bootloader was locked long before Knox came out. I only know that because I updated a friend's phone and regretted it instantly. If it is the Sprint version this link is their solution to Knox so far. I won't blame you if you want to stay stock until they figure it out :D

jtsv

Jun 26, 2007
Oklahoma City, OK
I kept seeing references to data not working, but nothing about signal so I dismissed the previous posts because I read through them too quickly. Thanks for setting me straight.

Do you have the Sprint S4 or the Verizon S4? If it is the Verizon version the bootloader was locked long before Knox came out. I only know that because I updated a friend's phone and regretted it instantly. If it is the Sprint version this link is their solution to Knox so far. I won't blame you if you want to stay stock until they figure it out :D
Sprint and Thanks for the link not sure what I'm going to do however nice to have an option.

jacobb23

Aug 13, 2010
What to do....

So, this ROM just randomly started rebooting on me, and of course I didn't have a TB on my sd card like an idiot. Also like an idiot, I tried to use the CM installer to put cm 10.2 on my phone. Did not work either. So here I am, the only option I had left to get my phone working by work time was to odin the only file I had left on my pc and it was a tar.md5 of the stock rom (un-rooted) and 4.1.1.

Long story short now I'm rooted again. Can I simply jump from 4.1.2 to this rom or will that cause a problem?

I still have the kernel that I had installed (freeza's) from the 6.4 AOCP and it's not playing nicely with the stock now rooted rom.

What should I do?

AlkaliV2

Jun 12, 2012
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
So, this ROM just randomly started rebooting on me, and of course I didn't have a TB on my sd card like an idiot. Also like an idiot, I tried to use the CM installer to put cm 10.2 on my phone. Did not work either. So here I am, the only option I had left to get my phone working by work time was to odin the only file I had left on my pc and it was a tar.md5 of the stock rom (un-rooted) and 4.1.1.

Long story short now I'm rooted again. Can I simply jump from 4.1.2 to this rom or will that cause a problem?

I still have the kernel that I had installed (freeza's) from the 6.4 AOCP and it's not playing nicely with the stock now rooted rom.

What should I do?

1.) Nandroid whatever you are using right now, even if it's not working quite right. Better to have any backup than no backup.
2.) Clean wipe your phone (/system, /data, /cache, dalvik) **Optional: Wipe your internal SD card if you haven't done it in awhile and you have it backed up already. Completely optional**
3.) Install this rom to your phone without flashing kernels or gapps
4.) Reboot into phone and let it settle for 7-10 minutes (don't touch it)
5.) Reboot to recovery and flash gapps (ensure it is for 4.3.1, don't just use any old 4.3 gapps you have laying around)
6.) Reboot, complete sign-in, check for system stability by launching common apps
7.) Nandroid again!
8.) Flash whatever kernel you like, but if it starts acting up you can load your clean backup without the kernel

Personally I don't think you should just install a new kernel without using the rom for awhile and seeing if you like it stock because kernels sometimes introduce troubles not normally noticed otherwise. These are the steps I usually follow and others may have better advice. I do think in your case though a clean wipe would be best.

fezzy102

Nov 17, 2010
harrisburg,pa
1.) Nandroid whatever you are using right now, even if it's not working quite right. Better to have any backup than no backup.
2.) Clean wipe your phone (/system, /data, /cache, dalvik) **Optional: Wipe your internal SD card if you haven't done it in awhile and you have it backed up already. Completely optional**
3.) Install this rom to your phone without flashing kernels or gapps
4.) Reboot into phone and let it settle for 7-10 minutes (don't touch it)
5.) Reboot to recovery and flash gapps (ensure it is for 4.3.1, don't just use any old 4.3 gapps you have laying around)
6.) Reboot, complete sign-in, check for system stability by launching common apps
7.) Nandroid again!
8.) Flash whatever kernel you like, but if it starts acting up you can load your clean backup without the kernel

Personally I don't think you should just install a new kernel without using the rom for awhile and seeing if you like it stock because kernels sometimes introduce troubles not normally noticed otherwise. These are the steps I usually follow and others may have better advice. I do think in your case though a clean wipe would be best.

I agree a clean wipe is in order . and you also made a great point about kernels as the stock kernel is built in-line with the ROM so there is less things that can go wrong normally.

Also the ROM is not dead just taking a much needed break sorry I have not been around the thread much have had a lot of stuff going on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

jtsv

Jun 26, 2007
Oklahoma City, OK
Even using this GS3 running this awesome Rom as a toy or as today because of a snow storm. I tethered my roku to watch a movie because cable speeds were down.

I'm glad I still have it and it is rooted. Been reading all about the newer 4.4 and 4.4.1 but they all still have issues that I've not had with this Rom.

My question even though it is not official it is better than the newer ones and I should just stay here?

Since not broke (except my glass) don't fix it? This Rom is very very stable and reliable.

My S4 maybe OK but man the 4.4 on this is so much better than my stock 4.3.

I only wish I could swap cell lines as easy as WiFi so when I'm driving around town I could use data and cell at same time as this GS3 did when it was in service.

Don't get me wrong I like a lot of my S4 just never really know what you had until its gone.

Reactions: fezzy102

jacobb23

Aug 13, 2010
Thanks!

I agree a clean wipe is in order . and you also made a great point about kernels as the stock kernel is built in-line with the ROM so there is less things that can go wrong normally.

Also the ROM is not dead just taking a much needed break sorry I have not been around the thread much have had a lot of stuff going on.

Sorry I didn't quote you both, for some reason multi-quote wasn't responding for me.

Thanks so much for the advice, I don't consider myself a newbie, because I've been flashing for a while, I just wasn't sure if it was a certain app thing or not.

So far everything seems to be running smoothly, except for one instance where I had google music playing through an aux cable and I answered a call. As soon as the call ended, my phone did a soft reboot.

Aside from that one instance, smooth sailing.

I've posted a few times how much I love this rom, and I really do.

Thanks for all the help and hard work.

Family_guy

Dec 22, 2010
San Diego, Ca
Hello, I was just wondering, and I may have skipped over it somewhere in this thread... But, are you guys working on/plan to release a kit kat version of this ROM? Of all the ROM's I've played around with over the years, this one has stuck with me. Personally, I love it, it's been the most stable, and I'm quite used to it. So I would love to see a kit kat version come out sometime in the future.

fezzy102

Nov 17, 2010
harrisburg,pa
Hello, I was just wondering, and I may have skipped over it somewhere in this thread... But, are you guys working on/plan to release a kit kat version of this ROM? Of all the ROM's I've played around with over the years, this one has stuck with me. Personally, I love it, it's been the most stable, and I'm quite used to it. So I would love to see a kit kat version come out sometime in the future.

We are planning a KitKat release just taking a much needed break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    display1.png
    7.0-display.png

We Are Proud To Introduce Our Latest Efforts.
    AoCP 7.1

Its a new source that we have put together based from CM.
    And we have thrown in our own modification.
    It is Android Open Collective Project.

Its the First of many for many.

We would like to Thank:
    Google for the base
    -> Cyanogen-mod, all other Android open source project teams
    for all the time, and efforts into showing us the way.
    And lets not forget the work on the lovely mods included here.
    With out you, our eyes would still be closed.

This Is Android 4.4.2
    This is compiled from source.
    It is for d2spr

*[ChangeLog 7.1]
    HALO support (Download from Google Play)
    Active display
    Call block list
    Notification row transparency
    Circle and square battery color changer
    Center clock and date
    Change clock color
    DSP Manager
    And more...I know i forgot

HOW TO INSTALL
    1. Factory Data reset
    2. Wipe Dalvik
    3. Install Zip from Sdcard
    4. Reboot phone let it settle in a few min.
    5. Reboot into recovery and flash Gapps
    6. wipe cache and Boot up
    7. Enter google info
    8. Enjoy while resisting the urge to fistpump like an idiot!

Credits
    Google
    Cyanogen-Mod
    Pawitp
    TheCollective Team
    Johnsondr80
    Ruger94
    CRT60
    Robm1911
    Molon Labe
    Mortem Tuam
    Dman3285
    ee23hd2
    flappjaxxx
    joedv
    Slimrom
    Paranoid Android
    CameleonOS
    Roman Nurik
    MiCode
    MoKee
    LiquidSmooth
    (For the propmodder source)

Thank you and enjoy our work.

Downloads Newest on top!

You MUST be on the latest version of CWM.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download Gapps from your favorite Location! Or Install GooManager to download the latest version!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gapps-4.4.2
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AoCP_d2spr_CP7.1-dev host link
    AoCP_d2spr_CP7.0-dev host link
    AoCP_d2spr_CP6.4.1-dev host link
    NEED SOME THEMES?? SEARCH GOOGLE PLAY FOR "AoCP"

SigBanner for anyone who just wants to sport one attached to post!

Credits
    LiquidSmooth for the propmodder source
    Cyanogen-mod - For paving the way - and the gerrit review
    Team Kang - For the source
    TheCollective Team
    DMAN3285--ya'll have no idea how much time he spent setting up the source !!!
    ruger94 and Fezzy102--for compiling apks in for me while i was doing other mods and apps.
    ee23hd2-- for themeing and providing apps i wanted done but couldn't find the time for.
    flappjaxx for the revised source code for the ota. and kernel source!
    joedv for starting the ota to begin with.

And a special thanks goes out to Decimalman his thread is here

Welcome to decimalman's kernel playground!

As he helped Ruger94 and me with some kernel stuff and he makes one bad A$$ kernel.
    he hinted in a round about way to bring AoCP to the d2spr.
    Just to give you all a little heads up if your running the stock theme if you go into the theme chooser there is a icon pack that you can apply it has about 125 themed icons there will be more as Ruger94 and myself add icons to our themes that are on the martket we will add them in that icon pack also just a little something extra.
    Just a heads up, but things built from source can be put in Original dev ;)
    On the d2att thread we were in original dev thread and they moved us. since we do pull from cm about 30% of our hardware about 40% from aosp and we house and maintain the rest about 30% they feel that we are not maintaining enough on our own github when 4.3 drops that will change and we will maintain more and then qualify to be in that thread. But its just a honor to be in any thread to tell you the truth. There are great dev's in both original and here so either way im happy as long as the users are happy and we get another choice out there for users to try.
    Without bigger teams like cm,slim,paranoid, and of course AOSP none of this would be possiable so i give mad props to all those teams they deserve it.:)
    Got one

Sent from my I747 S3 running AoCP CP5.8.1-1
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone