[ROM/MOD]*TheCollective*[1-30-14] AoCP - CP7.1 {4.4.2} for L710

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

raresoul77

Nov 13, 2011
What device model do you have again and carrier are you on again. I'm being to think that is the issue as TexasLTE is on sprint and has been a tester for me since I started this thread and he is not having any WiFi and data issues at all.
As for 6.4.1 I will release it today it has a couple of fixes in it .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Can't wait :D

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

jreink01

Jun 27, 2012
Saginaw
What device model do you have again and carrier are you on again. I'm being to think that is the issue as TexasLTE is on sprint and has been a tester for me since I started this thread and he is not having any WiFi and data issues at all.
As for 6.4.1 I will release it today it has a couple of fixes in it .

The model is SPH-L710 and I am on Boost Mobile. If the phone model and carrier is the problem, how come my phone works perfectly on different 4.1 roms?

fezzy102

Nov 17, 2010
harrisburg,pa
Google Pixel 4 XL
The model is SPH-L710 and I am on Boost Mobile. If the phone model and carrier is the problem, how come my phone works perfectly on different 4.1 roms?

I really don't know it may be a 4.3.1 thing. Maybe once we get the official release for sgs3 that will change something it could be a modem thing with 4.3 .:(

gladiator16

Dec 13, 2009
No data on 6.4.1

Did a clean flash on the new 6.4.1 but was not getting data to work...had to go back to 6.4. Any fix for this?

TexasLTE

Apr 11, 2011
Texas
Did a clean flash on the new 6.4.1 but was not getting data to work...had to go back to 6.4. Any fix for this?
U did clean install ? followed instructions in OP ? used correct Gapps ? .... maybe a bad download ? I have encountered ZERO problems with AoCP and have tested for fezzy on pretty much every build he's offered us .... I have had that issue on other ROMs ( unfortunately ) but never on AoCP .... maybe I've just been lucky

Reactions: fezzy102

gladiator16

Dec 13, 2009
U did clean install ? followed instructions in OP ? used correct Gapps ? .... maybe a bad download ? I have encountered ZERO problems with AoCP and have tested for fezzy on pretty much every build he's offered us .... I have had that issue on other ROMs ( unfortunately ) but never on AoCP .... maybe I've just been lucky

Will download again and reflash...I will update if I have any issues with data.

---------- Post added at 05:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 AM ----------

Clean flash...clean DL of the new ROM and GAPPS. Still no data. When I flash back to 6.4, my data works instantly.

mbr007

Oct 29, 2012

Me too...no data.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

TexasLTE

Apr 11, 2011
Texas
Clean flash...clean DL of the new ROM and GAPPS. Still no data. When I flash back to 6.4, my data works instantly.
:confused: Hmmm - gotta wait for fezzy to offer his input :( - I know he "tweaked" 6.4.1 as a "fix" for folks who might have encountered problems on 6.4 , so if 6.4 works for you just stay with that for now ;) , performance has been the same for me on both versions ... sorry I couldn't be of anymore assistance

Reactions: Clark Joseph Kent

fezzy102

Nov 17, 2010
harrisburg,pa
Google Pixel 4 XL
:confused: Hmmm - gotta wait for fezzy to offer his input :( - I know he "tweaked" 6.4.1 as a "fix" for folks who might have encountered problems on 6.4 , so if 6.4 works for you just stay with that for now ;) , performance has been the same for me on both versions ... sorry I couldn't be of anymore assistance

As TexasLTE said not much of a diff. Between the 2 builds if 6.4 works run it.
If someone can and knows how that is having a data issue on 6.4.1 can you replace the APN with the one in 6.4

Reactions: Clark Joseph Kent

halomaster

Aug 4, 2013

Will the 4.3 PA Gapps work? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397942

Or does it have to be the Gapps from the OP?

TexasLTE

Apr 11, 2011
Texas
Will the 4.3 PA Gapps work? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397942

Or does it have to be the Gapps from the OP?
as a general rule , I always go with whatever OP recommends , but feel free to try
( I do not remember seeing any comments by anyone saying they have tried PA Gapps though )
:D ... on another note , here's another wallpaper to try ... :D

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb374/TexasEpic/AoCP%20Wallpapers/AoCP-Medidation_zps2f3dcd0b.png

jtsv

Jun 26, 2007
Oklahoma City, OK
Me too...no data.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
Me too No Data as well. Clean install but did use Android PA 4.3 Gapps and No Data, NO Network.
Flashed back to WS 4.1.2 and Everything works fine.
I wonder what All of us with No Data have in common? I still think it is somehow connected to me flashing a Cyan 11 beta Rom.
Not sure what it does but it seems in compatible with the base of this rom.

I've always flashed PA Google Gapps 4.3 with this rom in the past without any issues. Everything appeared (lost Data) after trying 2 different Cyan 11 roms.

TEXAS LTE asked if I was able to Odin but I'm not able until I get a new usb cable. That will be my next step to get back here.

TexasLTE

Apr 11, 2011
Texas
:confused: out of curiosity , are the folks having data issues following ALL recommended instructions in OP - to include full wipes , flash ROM and reboot then wait a few minutes BEFORE going back into recovery to flash Gapps and then wipe cache again BEFORE rebooting ?
I readily admit that I have encountered the No Data problem on my phone with several other 4.3 ROMs but NEVER with AoCP
AoCP and a "test" version of SlimHellFire have run GREAT on my phone , whereas PACman , ReVolt , CM , AOKP , DirtyUnicorn and a not to be mentioned on xda ROM that has some BAM in it have ALL given my phone the random No Data issue at various times
sometimes just a simple wait a few minutes and then reboot has helped with some of those , so I do know what you are talking about
I'm guessing maybe it's just our particular phones that may not "like" some particular versions of ROMs , as opposed to the ROM itself being the issue , because I know MANY folks who NEVER have problems with any of those other ROMs even though I always seem to encounter problems with them
... I am just grateful for ALL the DEVs out there who keep trying to make our phones better
:good:

Reactions: jtsv and fezzy102

fezzy102

Nov 17, 2010
harrisburg,pa
Google Pixel 4 XL
I went dirty, Dirty flashed to 6.4.1. No Data. Dirty Flash back to 6.4, I got data Data. Something in 6.4.1 must be borking up the data.

I tell you what I'll do when I get home today from work I will run a new build in the repo I built 4.6-final in with the changes that crt60 and me made. So the only difference will be just those changes nothing else as I do not mess with that repo when j release a ROM it sits there till the next release. As I have 4 different folders I work with one is always the one I release from but never mod in.
I will post it in the thread when its done.

jtsv

Jun 26, 2007
Oklahoma City, OK
I am very thankful for all the developers just not being a developer myself I'm trying to offer suggestions or help get this fixed if it comes across that I'm irritated I'm not I'm excited on the progress.

INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!!!!!!

Update Test 1: Followed Exact Directions in OP let settle in 4 min before Gapps...... No Data Bmmmmmrrrrrr

Update Test 2: Waiting for 4.6 to download (Heinz moment), DIRTY Flash 4.6 over 4.6.1 DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!
Just Flashed straight from SD Card REBOOTED w/DATA on 4.6 GLAD TO BE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Waited 7 min to Flash Gapps (4.4/4.3.x OFFICIAL 0-Day PA-GOOGLE APPS (All ROM's) [2013-11-14])

STILL HAVE DATA!!!!! Now the task of tweaking this baby!

INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!!!!!!

Update Test 3: NOT NEEDED

Last edited:

fezzy102

Nov 17, 2010
harrisburg,pa
Google Pixel 4 XL
I am very thankful for all the developers just not being a developer myself I'm trying to offer suggestions or help get this fixed if it comes across that I'm irritated I'm not I'm excited on the progress.

INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!!!!!!

Update Test 1: Followed Exact Directions in OP let settle in 4 min before Gapps...... No Data Bmmmmmrrrrrr

Update Test 2: Waiting for 4.6 to download (Heinz moment), DIRTY Flash 4.6 over 4.6.1 DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!
Just Flashed straight from SD Card REBOOTED w/DATA on 4.6 GLAD TO BE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Waited 7 min to Flash Gapps (4.4/4.3.x OFFICIAL 0-Day PA-GOOGLE APPS (All ROM's) [2013-11-14])

STILL HAVE DATA!!!!! Now the task of tweaking this baby!

INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!!!!!!

Update Test 3: NOT NEEDED

I have a test build done its uploading now as I head out the door to go sit in my tree stand so I will post it in the thread in about a hour . it is built with 4.6 final build with a update added to profiles a commit from cm for WiFi/data fix and the clear all app button moved from upper right corner to lower left corner easier to hit the button there.

Reactions: jtsv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    display1.png
    7.0-display.png

We Are Proud To Introduce Our Latest Efforts.
    AoCP 7.1

Its a new source that we have put together based from CM.
    And we have thrown in our own modification.
    It is Android Open Collective Project.

Its the First of many for many.

We would like to Thank:
    Google for the base
    -> Cyanogen-mod, all other Android open source project teams
    for all the time, and efforts into showing us the way.
    And lets not forget the work on the lovely mods included here.
    With out you, our eyes would still be closed.

This Is Android 4.4.2
    This is compiled from source.
    It is for d2spr

*[ChangeLog 7.1]
    HALO support (Download from Google Play)
    Active display
    Call block list
    Notification row transparency
    Circle and square battery color changer
    Center clock and date
    Change clock color
    DSP Manager
    And more...I know i forgot

HOW TO INSTALL
    1. Factory Data reset
    2. Wipe Dalvik
    3. Install Zip from Sdcard
    4. Reboot phone let it settle in a few min.
    5. Reboot into recovery and flash Gapps
    6. wipe cache and Boot up
    7. Enter google info
    8. Enjoy while resisting the urge to fistpump like an idiot!

Credits
    Google
    Cyanogen-Mod
    Pawitp
    TheCollective Team
    Johnsondr80
    Ruger94
    CRT60
    Robm1911
    Molon Labe
    Mortem Tuam
    Dman3285
    ee23hd2
    flappjaxxx
    joedv
    Slimrom
    Paranoid Android
    CameleonOS
    Roman Nurik
    MiCode
    MoKee
    LiquidSmooth
    (For the propmodder source)

Thank you and enjoy our work.

Downloads Newest on top!

You MUST be on the latest version of CWM.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download Gapps from your favorite Location! Or Install GooManager to download the latest version!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gapps-4.4.2
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AoCP_d2spr_CP7.1-dev host link
    AoCP_d2spr_CP7.0-dev host link
    AoCP_d2spr_CP6.4.1-dev host link
    NEED SOME THEMES?? SEARCH GOOGLE PLAY FOR "AoCP"

SigBanner for anyone who just wants to sport one attached to post!

Credits
    LiquidSmooth for the propmodder source
    Cyanogen-mod - For paving the way - and the gerrit review
    Team Kang - For the source
    TheCollective Team
    DMAN3285--ya'll have no idea how much time he spent setting up the source !!!
    ruger94 and Fezzy102--for compiling apks in for me while i was doing other mods and apps.
    ee23hd2-- for themeing and providing apps i wanted done but couldn't find the time for.
    flappjaxx for the revised source code for the ota. and kernel source!
    joedv for starting the ota to begin with.

And a special thanks goes out to Decimalman his thread is here

Welcome to decimalman's kernel playground!

As he helped Ruger94 and me with some kernel stuff and he makes one bad A$$ kernel.
    he hinted in a round about way to bring AoCP to the d2spr.
    Just to give you all a little heads up if your running the stock theme if you go into the theme chooser there is a icon pack that you can apply it has about 125 themed icons there will be more as Ruger94 and myself add icons to our themes that are on the martket we will add them in that icon pack also just a little something extra.
    Just a heads up, but things built from source can be put in Original dev ;)
    On the d2att thread we were in original dev thread and they moved us. since we do pull from cm about 30% of our hardware about 40% from aosp and we house and maintain the rest about 30% they feel that we are not maintaining enough on our own github when 4.3 drops that will change and we will maintain more and then qualify to be in that thread. But its just a honor to be in any thread to tell you the truth. There are great dev's in both original and here so either way im happy as long as the users are happy and we get another choice out there for users to try.
    Without bigger teams like cm,slim,paranoid, and of course AOSP none of this would be possiable so i give mad props to all those teams they deserve it.:)
    Got one

Sent from my I747 S3 running AoCP CP5.8.1-1