[Rom] Mokee 7.1.2 for Lenovo Vibe Shot

Search This thread

stuccamelo

Mar 14, 2015
Thanks for sharing ur opinion/experiences on this rom.. Im running on latest build of this mokee rom, i think it is suitable for daily driver..but I got some problem with hotspot(maybe it is because of mod that i've installed).. Maybe u got some solution on this

Sorry no solution :( I have big problem with gmaps doesn't recalculate path after initial path and play store give "not compatible device" error in some apps.
Good thing battery drain is very very good

Dr Tungsten

Sep 3, 2017
linux shall eternally bloat all search engines with expired ?=

as it is stated in the title: the internet is full of long expired conversations about issues which are gone, along with hardware.
back in the beginning i recall only one distro Dev, SimplyMepis, who always, promptly warned, that most if not all information online about Linux is outdated or incorrect.

now on mokee, has anyone tested mokee naugat on vibe shot as recent as September/October 2017? The reason I ask is because there are no reviews or any useful feedback on mokee download/changelog page. I used it in August and each time the phone disconnect from WiFi it would reboot with an ugly, annoying double beep.
Apart from this issue everything would work pefectly well, including both sim loaded.

Thanks for taking time to respond.

Last edited:

piccolo2k2

Sep 30, 2015
as it is stated in the title: the internet is full of long expired conversations about issues which are gone, along with hardware.
back in the beginning i recall only one distro Dev, SimplyMepis, who always, promptly warned, that most if not all information online about Linux is outdated or incorrect.

now on mokee, has anyone tested mokee naugat on vibe shot as recent as September/October 2017? The reason I ask is because there are no reviews or any useful feedback on mokee download/changelog page. I used it in August and each time the phone disconnect from WiFi it would reboot with an ugly, annoying double beep.
Apart from this issue everything would work pefectly well, including both sim loaded.

Thanks for taking time to respond.

There are a lot of recent updates for this rom. I flashed the most recent (2017-11-21 date). I didn't make a lot of testing but the problem you refered has been solved and the performance and stability seems good.

The only issue I noticed so far is that the phone does not start automatically from the shutdown state when an alarm is set.

Last edited:

GeorgeTsak

Feb 7, 2016
@piccolo2k2 Was your device flagged as certified? When I flushed the rom I wasn't able to pass the SafetyNet test and I would appear as uncertified in play store, meaning I couldn't download most apps like Messenger or Facebook. I installed a third party app store which worked fine, but YouTube wouldn't play any video, because it couldn't load any ads... I even tried Magisk with no luck..

piccolo2k2

Sep 30, 2015
@piccolo2k2 Was your device flagged as certified? When I flushed the rom I wasn't able to pass the SafetyNet test and I would appear as uncertified in play store, meaning I couldn't download most apps like Messenger or Facebook. I installed a third party app store which worked fine, but YouTube wouldn't play any video, because it couldn't load any ads... I even tried Magisk with no luck..

This is not my main phone right now so I spend very limited time using or testing it but you are right, I have just checked that with this ROM the device is unable to pass the SafeNet test so far. On the other hand I have not problems at all playing videos with youtube app or rooting the device. I'm using supersu v2.82 and TRWP-3.0.2-0 for lenovo 6.0 by wzsx150 (didn't try Magisk)

mrtowel

Aug 17, 2007
has anyone managed to install this ROM?

i tried to install it but failed.
I unlocked the bootloader using the method described here, and installed TWRP recovery as described here
when i try to install it - the flashing is stopped by a long vibration and the device went off, i tried to debug the flashing process, it seems that the step of mounting "\system" fails, i tried to replace the mount/unmount calls from updater_script with respective run_program(busybox) commands, but had no success with that. when i'm using the TWRP build in funcitonlity to wipe the system partition, TWRP claims the operation was successful, but checking the system partition details shows that the partition still contains data.

ohh, and also - the device model seems strange, the script checked that the model is zoom_tdd (or something like that) but the device (the bootloader?) return Z90a40... (i also updated the script to check for Z90a40)
the current state is that the device won't boot, but i can get into recovery.

Anyone have an idea how to proceed?

Thanks.

piccolo2k2

Sep 30, 2015
i tried to install it but failed.
I unlocked the bootloader using the method described here, and installed TWRP recovery as described here
when i try to install it - the flashing is stopped by a long vibration and the device went off, i tried to debug the flashing process, it seems that the step of mounting "\system" fails, i tried to replace the mount/unmount calls from updater_script with respective run_program(busybox) commands, but had no success with that. when i'm using the TWRP build in funcitonlity to wipe the system partition, TWRP claims the operation was successful, but checking the system partition details shows that the partition still contains data.

ohh, and also - the device model seems strange, the script checked that the model is zoom_tdd (or something like that) but the device (the bootloader?) return Z90a40... (i also updated the script to check for Z90a40)
the current state is that the device won't boot, but i can get into recovery.

Anyone have an idea how to proceed?

Thanks.

I think you need a different TWRP version. Try this one:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Sms71Oe6FIQnl4STlhSk96b0E/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Reactions: irobbanka

abhinandan gadge

Aug 10, 2018
Help me!

I'm new to these things. Installing roms and ****s. Can someone help me with the step by step procedure of installing this room on my Lenovo vibe shot. Thanks in advance.

hhaekal

Oct 11, 2018
bug fix?

does anybody tested it?
is it still any bug on release version MK71.2-zoom-180914-RELEASE?

Alex_135

Nov 16, 2018
Hello,
has anyone tested the MK71.2-zoom-181107-RELEASE version? Is the bug with the WiFi still there?

Top Liked Posts