• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Rom] Mokee 7.1.2 for Lenovo Vibe Shot

Search This thread

Alex_135

Nov 16, 2018
I just tested the most recent ROM and I found a few bugs:
- the Wifi problem is still there (not always but sometimes)
- the phone does not connect to the PC
- I cannot install lots of apps from the Playstore because it says that my phone is not compatible; Google Maps e.g. was compatibel but it was the version from 2014.

Linaxx

Dec 14, 2013
I just tested the most recent ROM and I found a few bugs:
- the Wifi problem is still there (not always but sometimes)
- the phone does not connect to the PC
- I cannot install lots of apps from the Playstore because it says that my phone is not compatible; Google Maps e.g. was compatibel but it was the version from 2014.

If U R a Playstore fan, flash an "up to date" Open Gapps zip file to be able to install apps from G Store.
I never install à Google apps on my custom roms coz there is allways some interesting alternatives like Apkmonk or Apkpure platerorms.
I don't noticed any problem until now on WIFI..
Substratum engine integrated in the Mokee ROM is just a fantastic way for system customisation !

Last edited:

Nono1nd

Jan 11, 2019
Hello guys,
I have install this ROM, 2 days ago, because original China ROM stop to work. I can use my phone with this ROM, but i found problems like others people say, i can't link my phone to my PC with MTP, i can't install apps from play store (my device isn't compatible). To resolve play store problem, i go to apkpure.com and download apk, but snapchat does'nt work. I tried to accept all autorisations, delete cache and data from app, but when i log-in, app stop to work and i can't run it.
I'm solo to have this problems ? And previous problems can be resolve ?
It's pity, because otherwise, this ROM can be great !

Linaxx

Dec 14, 2013
For people who can't install apps from Play Store : Try previous builds for apps which can't be installed and it will works. I tried this solutions many times. All you need, is to install a previous build of the app.

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

@Alex_135 : MTP not working.
I've done a bug report to Mokee team. I still waiting...

dm_serbia

Apr 24, 2019
Hello everobody. I'm using this rom for a week now, and the biggest problem I had is with wi-fi (shutting down the device when wi-fi not available). I partially solved it with Play store app called Smart WiFi Toggler;, which turn of wi-fi automatically when you are leaving location of known network. Only problem is that I have to manually turn on wi-fi when I want to connect to same network. But my phone never shut down, while I used this app. Maybe there is better app for solving this problem, but didn's search for it.
I hope this help you (until Mokee 8 comes out?)

Last edited:
Reactions: Sudharsshan

Mondo92

May 21, 2016
wifi issue,hotspot error and tethering cannot toogle on

Hi there, anyone has latest update on this issue? Been using MOKEE 7.1.2 (MK7.12-zoom-190228-history) for some time now. Great ROM, a lot of useful features but having some issue :

1. Hotspot error (not error if setting SIM card > access point names > APN Protocol from Ipv4 to Ipv6; connected but no internet) and bluetooth tethering cannot toogle on
2. Phone shutdown during wifi connect (fast fix to change Wifi > Advance > Wifi frequency band AUTO to 5Ghz or 2.5Ghz ). Need to changed everytime connect to wifi.
3. Random shutdown after long vibrate (not on wifi, not sure why)
If these issue cant be solve, planned to flash stock rom but can i use TWRP to flash stock rom?

Anyhelp is a good help.

Does someone try this rom? If u ever on this rom, can u give a feedback about the rom..? I would like to know your opinion..:D
Yes I did on my Lenovo Vibe Shot Z90a40, first I rooted it using twrp 3.0 - a Russian version and downloaded this ROM.
But unfortunately when I tried flashing it, it said this is only for some other Lenovo Vibe models and not Z90a40. And hence I had to edit the updater-script using a 'txtpad' by converting its file extension to .txt , then I added the following lines:

getprop("ro.product.device") == "Z90a40" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "Z90a40" ||

Before the code:

abort("E3004: This package is for device: zoom_tdd,zoom_fdd,Z90a40; this device is " + getprop("ro.product.device") + "."););

In this z90a40 place do try adding your device model number after checking it in your device info. Else just try flashing it, if it says not compatible, see the model no. In the error output and change the code according to it.
Now try again, hope this helps you out. ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210618-152636.png
    Screenshot_20210618-152636.png
    356.1 KB · Views: 4
wifi issue,hotspot error and tethering cannot toogle on

Hi there, anyone has latest update on this issue? Been using MOKEE 7.1.2 (MK7.12-zoom-190228-history) for some time now. Great ROM, a lot of useful features but having some issue :

1. Hotspot error (not error if setting SIM card > access point names > APN Protocol from Ipv4 to Ipv6; connected but no internet) and bluetooth tethering cannot toogle on
2. Phone shutdown during wifi connect (fast fix to change Wifi > Advance > Wifi frequency band AUTO to 5Ghz or 2.5Ghz ). Need to changed everytime connect to wifi.
3. Random shutdown after long vibrate (not on wifi, not sure why)
If these issue cant be solve, planned to flash stock rom but can i use TWRP to flash stock rom?

Anyhelp is a good help
Hey, try resetting your network settings and in apns, add a new APN with name, APN, APN type as 'ims' (without the. ' ) and both the protocols to ipv4, ipv6. And save this network. You'll receive data.
Hope this helps.

But I also have the same issue when I freshly installed this Mokee ROM having Android 7.1.2, but it decreased over the time. Do check if it is result of heating issue or not.
But I couldn't resolve the hotspot error, still cannot turn on hotspot on Mokee ROM.

Hello everobody. I'm using this rom for a week now, and the biggest problem I had is with wi-fi (shutting down the device when wi-fi not available). I partially solved it with Play store app called Smart WiFi Toggler;, which turn of wi-fi automatically when you are leaving location of known network. Only problem is that I have to manually turn on wi-fi when I want to connect to same network. But my phone never shut down, while I used this app. Maybe there is better app for solving this problem, but didn's search for it.
Thanks a lot dude it helped me and now my mokee ROM connected to my WiFi and doesn't switches off...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    does anybody tested it?
    is it still any bug on release version MK71.2-zoom-180914-RELEASE?

Im using it right now.. Im still have the problem with:
    -hotspot tethering,bluetooth tethering
    -usb mtp
    -suddenly shutdown when on wifi

Have someone had the problem with delay in receiving whatsapp messages?
    Hello,
    has anyone tested the MK71.2-zoom-181107-RELEASE version? Is the bug with the WiFi still there?

Hi,
    I'm using the release and there is no bug with WIFI.
    MK71.2-zoom-181020-RELEASE