[ROM][MONTANA][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1

Search This thread

badro6

Sep 27, 2019
Not booting

Hi i'm trying to boot this rom after flashing stock image here https://xdaforums.com/moto-g5s/development/rom-stock-montana-moto-g5s-7-1-1-lite-t3725293 (which boot)

But your rom isn't booting. It stuck on motorola logo and don't show lineage OS booting logo.

Any idea ? Thank you very much.

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

I tested the last build of the previous maintainer of this rom, it's booting. But this one is not booting.
So I think the problem is coming from the rom... I cannot tell you what is the problem because I just have the logo and no other information..

badro6

Sep 27, 2019
Rom abandoned ?

It looks like this rom is abandoned ?
I switched to Lineage OS 16. It's very cool but the battery life is really better with Lineage OS 14.1.

adamsson6

Jun 12, 2017
No more maintainer ?

Hi, is there any maintainer to update this rom ? At least to update security patch ?
I know there are lineage os 15 and 16 but the battery life is very better with this ROM.

If someone can show me how to build the rom I could continue to maintain it but I need a little formation on building custom ROM.

Thank you.

newinnov

Sep 11, 2012
Hi, is there any maintainer to update this rom ? At least to update security patch ?
I know there are lineage os 15 and 16 but the battery life is very better with this ROM.

If someone can show me how to build the rom I could continue to maintain it but I need a little formation on building custom ROM.

Thank you.
That's the sad thing for this device mate. There is not a single stable ROM exists for this device.
Lineage Oreo is somewhat updated and closest to stable but new mtp and USB related patch has not been merged to that.
Pie is like having a niosy kid set beside you. And developers are non existant.
That Chinese lenovo abandoned this good device too soon.

Rush

Apr 19, 2019
neuss
OnePlus 5T
That's the sad thing for this device mate. There is not a single stable ROM exists for this device.
Lineage Oreo is somewhat updated and closest to stable but new mtp and USB related patch has not been merged to that.
Are you ****ing kidding me? 4.9 kernel development is qualified as "no development"? Also, JarlPenguin currently doesnt have a proper Server, and Motorola only updated to Android Oreo, so obviously its the most stable...Android p is also mainly using oreo blobs, and if you can do it better, than go ahead

wiktorek140

May 26, 2013
Warszawa
Moto E 2015
Moto G5S
MTP things was merged in Oreo build long before in Pie, so last build support it for sure.

Dan Mornill

May 7, 2019
There is not as much dev as for G5s Plus for sure, but Lineage Pie is a stable rom, and I've been using it as my daily device for almost a year now...

newinnov

Sep 11, 2012
Are you ****ing kidding me? 4.9 kernel development is qualified as "no development"? Also, JarlPenguin currently doesnt have a proper Server, and Motorola only updated to Android Oreo, so obviously its the most stable...Android p is also mainly using oreo blobs, and if you can do it better, than go ahead
Your anger is pointed towards wrong direction mate, also you are defending a sand castle. You just rewrote, what I had written. You are talking about someday while I'm writing about today. Also I did not use the word ""no development". Better spend that hyper energy in something that's visible rather than being a keyboard warrior.
FYI, Criticism or Facts are not called: "****ing kidding"

MTP things was merged in Oreo build long before in Pie, so last build support it for sure.
In, Last Oreo build file copy via MTP does not work on both Linux and Windows. Copying only work in recovery. Those changes just fixed the detection of mass storage on windows.
I did not mean to discredit your amazing work on this device, I just talked about reality of not having enough developers on this project. There is a limit to one man effort. Perhaps right now you are the only one with enough understanding who is working on this device.

There is not as much dev as for G5s Plus for sure, but Lineage Pie is a stable rom, and I've been using it as my daily device for almost a year now...
Last build with EVA kernel has random freeze followed by reboot.

Finally current status:
Lineage 14.1 : Stable (Lacks security updates)
Lineage 15.1 : Almost stable (Lacks security patch)
Lineage 16.0 : Regularly update, SELinux permissive + Currently built by: wiktorek140

Rush

Apr 19, 2019
neuss
OnePlus 5T
Your anger is pointed towards wrong direction mate, also you are defending a sand castle. You just rewrote, what I had written. You are talking about someday while I'm writing about today. Also I did not use the word ""no development". Better spend that hyper energy in something that's visible rather than being a keyboard warrior.
FYI, Criticism or Facts are not called: "****ing kidding"

In, Last Oreo build file copy via MTP does not work on both Linux and Windows. Copying only work in recovery. Those changes just fixed the detection of mass storage on windows.
I did not mean to discredit your amazing work on this device, I just talked about reality of not having enough developers on this project. There is a limit to one man effort. Perhaps right now you are the only one with enough understanding who is working on this device.

Last build with EVA kernel has random freeze followed by reboot.

Finally current status:
Lineage 14.1 : Stable (Lacks security updates)
Lineage 15.1 : Almost stable (Lacks security patch)
Lineage 16.0 : Regularly update, SELinux permissive + Currently built by: wiktorek140
There is a new build on telegram, idk how stable that is tho

T.me/montanalabtesters

Just track back a little

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

LineageOS 14.1
    Lineage-os.jpg

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Prerequisites
    Bootloader unlock > HERE
    Recovery twrp > squid2 or sevenmaxs

What works
    • RIL (dual sim, volte)
    • WIFI
    • Tethering
    • Camera
    • Bluetooth
    • Sensors
    • MTP
    • Sound
    • Fingerprint
    • NFC
    • MotoActions
    • - - SELinux: enforcing

Todo
    • Fix "Enable on-screen nav-bar" toggling option.

Download
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=251047 AFH LOS7 Files
    https://opengapps.org/ OpenGApps - Choose ARM/7.1/PICO or NANO

Source
    Device: https://github.com/kayesk/android_device_motorola_montana
    Vendor: https://github.com/kayesk/android_vendor_motorola_montana
    Branch: cm-14.1

How to install the rom ?
    • Copy the rom to your G5S.
    • Restart in recovery (squid or Sevenmaxs)
    • Take a backup of existing ROM.
    • Wipe clean (Cache, Data, Dalvik/ART, System)
    • Install ROM.
    • Make a wipe cache.
    • Reboot System.
    Initial load would take time.

Contributions :
    @GoldeneyeS2 for fixing OEM bloatware, NFC and releasetools script.

THANKS TO :
    @squid2 for twrp
    @SevenMaxs for twrp
    All other users who provided support, valuable suggestions and productive comments.

Report bugs with proper logcat details.
    Device is unrooted. Root using Magisk works.

Thanks
    KS
    It is time to say goodbye. I exchanged my g5s device for Nokia 6.1 plus.

Journey with g5s was so exciting. With all your help and support, we managed to bring the first custom rom for this device. We managed to come up with tools and procedure to unbrick the device. I thank for all your support.

G5S is one of the solid device. Unfortunately it is a product of Motorola and we required their mercy to get security updates to the least.

I wish everyone all the best. Once again thanks for all your kind support. If anyone wants to take over future builds of LOS14.1, please feel free.

Wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year in advance.

Regards
    KS

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 Plus using Tapatalk
    I am willing to continue development of montana, a.k.a Moto G5S. But since I personally don't have the device, I need fellow contributors and testers. I already have , Reviver Kernel, a build of LineageOS 14.1 (updated from where @kalyansundhar left) and I am starting Oreo bringup for the device. Interested members may join my testers' group on Telegram at https://t.me/montana_reviver . :fingers-crossed: Here's my github: https://github.com/rajatgupta1998

p6gDr8O.jpg
    YvtwOmv.jpg
    • Video recording - FIXED
    • FIXED another issue with MTP.
    • NFC selinux rules are added - SOMEONE PLEASE VERIFY IF IT WORKS.

NEW BUILD: lineage-14.1-20171231_060004-UNOFFICIAL-montana.zip
    Link: Same as in topic.

Thanks
    KS
    New update: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=962339331458999798

Change log: June 2018 Security Patch.

Dirty flash should work. If not, try a clean flash. If not, then get back to me.

Thanks
    KS