[ROM][MOST VARIANTS][6.0.1][Unofficial] CyanogenMod 13.0 Nightly Builds

Search This thread

mightysween

Feb 18, 2011
Maine/USA
Agreed with custom development, now, average users do not even know the implications of Linux FSs as read only. This is directly aimed against power users: Having to reboot to recovery each time you need to touch anything is ridiculous. Instead, they could make life easier using an additional control(s), root like warning.
Crippling existing functionality is like trying security through obscurity, just wrong... Users should be able to choose if they want RO system and (old discussion) root.

yeah, I agree there should be an option, but it is kernel level so it is tough

Palingenesis

Dec 8, 2010
Can I use viper4android on this? If yes, how? I tried to install the sel changer thing but it told me it will harm my phone if I install it. So I cancel. Lol.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Free mobile app

chewdaniel

Feb 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
if you need to change build.prop for dpi here's what i do...

In TWRP...
1. mount system
2. adb shell
3. cd system
4. paste/type this - sed -i '/ro.sf.lcd_density=480/c ro.sf.lcd_density=420' /system/build.prop <--- 420 will give you access to +/- 20 increments in display settings and it's what the 5X uses
5. reboot

I was going to give M a shot but not being able to make modifications to /system would drive me nuts.

Try aicp, i can edit build.prop to reduce dpi. Rom very stable too. Seach g+ for dwl link.

jbmatson

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
if you need to change build.prop for dpi here's what i do...

In TWRP...
1. mount system
2. adb shell
3. cd system
4. paste/type this - sed -i '/ro.sf.lcd_density=480/c ro.sf.lcd_density=420' /system/build.prop <--- 420 will give you access to +/- 20 increments in display settings and it's what the 5X uses
5. reboot

Or just install a terminal app like Material Terminal, run it and then type the following line and press enter:
wm density 360
(or whatever dpi you want).
You don't even need root to do it that way. It worked for me, and I don't even remember needing to reboot. You only need to do it once too.

siulmagic

Jun 23, 2007
Bridgeport
Anyone here with a LS980 that's on GSM, im having an issue with phone, it will crash as soon as i place a call, or receive one. anyone else with this issue?. Also i was going to download the latest nightly but it seems the server is down.

chewdaniel

Feb 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
D802... coming from 1203 to 1204....

camcorder broken again.... 1203 was working altho u have to turn on autorotate else it'll look weird in portrait.

still no persistent MTP, can't delete saved wifi networks, and can't turn off LTE...... no biggie tho everything else is great :D

Reactions: obvious

PYCON

Nov 1, 2006
Clean flash of 04.12.2015 :

* camera works after first taken pic
* autorotation works as normal
* LTE works
* MTP is strange, sometimes PC doesn't see the connected phone
* visual glitches in several 3d part apk
* WIFI download is fast as normal
* boot is strangely longer than previous build

:rolleyes:

chewdaniel

Feb 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
i see what u mean....... the videocam works after taking a pic :D

LTE works but can't turn off... my provider sometimes have bad LTE internet (there's signal but no internet lol) so have to use 3G but now i can't :D :D

MTP...... i have to manually select MTP all the time. it always goes to Charging Only

Clean flash of 04.12.2015 :

* camera works after first taken pic
* autorotation works as normal
* LTE works
* MTP is strange, sometimes PC doesn't see the connected phone
* visual glitches in several 3d part apk
* WIFI download is fast as normal
* boot is strangely longer than previous build

:rolleyes:

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!