Agreed with custom development, now, average users do not even know the implications of Linux FSs as read only. This is directly aimed against power users: Having to reboot to recovery each time you need to touch anything is ridiculous. Instead, they could make life easier using an additional control(s), root like warning.
Crippling existing functionality is like trying security through obscurity, just wrong... Users should be able to choose if they want RO system and (old discussion) root.
I was going to give M a shot but not being able to make modifications to /system would drive me nuts.
Try aicp, i can edit build.prop to reduce dpi. Rom very stable too. Seach g+ for dwl link.
if you need to change build.prop for dpi here's what i do...
1. mount system
2. adb shell
3. cd system
4. paste/type this - sed -i '/ro.sf.lcd_density=480/c ro.sf.lcd_density=420' /system/build.prop <--- 420 will give you access to +/- 20 increments in display settings and it's what the 5X uses
Clean flash of 04.12.2015 :
* camera works after first taken pic
* autorotation works as normal
* LTE works
* MTP is strange, sometimes PC doesn't see the connected phone
* visual glitches in several 3d part apk
* WIFI download is fast as normal
* boot is strangely longer than previous build
Ok. Seems just that the jpeg encoder was broken, though...not usb. I will try to get to it tomorrow and if it works I will sumbit it
Oh, and you have the devs listed in the OP