• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][Moto G5 Plus][android-11.0] ArrowOS 11.0 [OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

klazyStrida

May 31, 2020
I' now testing Arrow-v11.0-potter-COMMUNITY-20201031-VANILLA.zip with NikGapps-full-arm64-11-20201025-signed.zip.
Of course, Clean Flash and no restoration.
I can't find any problems. It's very smooth.
I'm sorry to say it many times, but thank you very much.

Newly confirmed:
Music Playback with aptX HD codec with Shure RMCE-BT2/SE215 headset
Double tap to sleep (Home screen, Lock screen)
Reboot icon function (Reboot/Recovery)

About Adaptive Brightness:
I said "Screen becomes too dark" in my previous post,
It means that Lowest Brightness level does not keep/save when Adapitive Brightness is ON.
Even if I adjust the brightness slider to Bright, it will quickly return to the darkest brightness in dark places.

Goku2203

Apr 1, 2018
I have just installed this rom. In my gallery apk, nothing is showing there. I have tried 2-3 more galleries but i dont know why my images are not showing there. And my musics are also not showing in YT music player. Briefly, my internal storage is not visible. Anyone please help me.

m3dryver

Nov 6, 2020
This is awewome! Thanks so much. The build is working well for me. Anyone have suggestions on how I can access visual voicemail? I am a US Mobile customer using their Super LTE service which is Verizon. With the stock 8.1 ROM, I was able to access visual voicemail through a little tape recorder icon in the Phone Dialer app. I don't seem to be getting the voice mail indicator in top status bar either. I tried all kinds of solutions but nothing has worked thus far. Stoked to have Android 11 on my G5 Plus ..... Thanks again!

cllewis1

Sep 2, 2012
I didn't even knew that there are non 2GB variants haha

So I'm waiting too

---

Good job to the developers!

Thank you

Same here. I absolutely love the usability of this ROM, but if I can't listen to a podcast while navigating in Waze, without the podcast playback just stopping, it's a no-go for me. I'm thinking the RAM is really the impediment to great performance in Android 10 and 11 on this phone.

avidalxda

Feb 18, 2015
greek word suggestions

Everything works perfectly,
one slight thing I noticed is that Greek word suggestions are not coming up as you type. Can I somehow add them?

Thank you

Franx2

Nov 17, 2020
Hi, when I take a picture in whatsapp with the back camera, the picture has a big green square tint. How can I fix that? (the only solution I found was to always keep flash activate, but somethimes flash ruins the picture so I wants to know uf there is another solution.) thaks!

I was on Pixel Experience Plus 10 before, a d I switch to this rom because PE was starting to be very slow, random freezer, and my battery starts draining too quick, sometimes the pone says that I have 20% battery and sudenly it shut off. Aldo around 15% of the photos I taken where never saved (just a complete grey image). So I make a backup of efi and persist (just in casé I lose imei), make formar data, swipe system cache and dalvik/ART and data, and then I install arrow os 11 and everything is working food so far, jus the problem whit the pictures taken in whatsapp with the back camera, that they has a big green tint.
Https://i.imgur.com/3jTBiQO.jpg
Thanks!

Last edited:

Vinay_CM

Mar 15, 2020
Hi, when I take a picture in whatsapp with the back camera, the picture has a big green square tint. How can I fix that? (the only solution I found was to always keep flash activate, but somethimes flash ruins the picture so I wants to know uf there is another solution.) thaks!

I was on Pixel Experience Plus 10 before, a d I switch to this rom because PE was starting to be very slow, random freezer, and my battery starts draining too quick, sometimes the pone says that I have 20% battery and sudenly it shut off. Aldo around 15% of the photos I taken where never saved (just a complete grey image). So I make a backup of efi and persist (just in casé I lose imei), make formar data, swipe system cache and dalvik/ART and data, and then I install arrow os 11 and everything is working food so far, jus the problem whit the pictures taken in whatsapp with the back camera, that they has a big green tint.
Thanks!
Hey Franx2, check if zooming to 1.1x helps with the issue, it helped me during the initial builds of Arrow OS 10 :)

Franx2

Nov 17, 2020
Hey Franx2, check if zooming to 1.1x helps with the issue, it helped me during the initial builds of Arrow OS 10 :)

Hey vinay thanks for your answer. And yes, if I zoom to 1.1x the green tint goes away, the sane happen if I activate flash. But I want to know if there is any other permanent solution.
Thanks anyway!

klazyStrida

May 31, 2020
Currently I'm trying Arrow-v11.0-potter-COMMUNITY-20201122-GAPPS.zip
+ Magisk 21.1/MagiskManager 8.0.3 (+ Universal GMS Doze module)

I stopped to use NikGapps,
I had multiple issues when doing Dirty Flash with NikGapps.
(I think it's not the problem with NikGapps but my usage)

So, ArrowOS 11.0 is running very SMOOOOOOOOTH. No problems so far.

The screen illuminance when Ambient Display is enabled, which I reported earlier,
That may have been my misunderstanding.
Screen go into Darkest with Ambient Display is ON, but
I was able to change the minimum brightness by adjusting the brightness using the brightness adjustment slider. Minimum brightness level is kept until next boot.
When phone rebooted, Minimum brightness level is reset to default(darkest).

About Navigation Bar.
Fist time I set to "Gesture Navigation", Navigation bar doesn't work.
but I changed to "2-button navigation" and changed again to "Gesture Navigation" then Navigation bar properly work.

n0jah

Aug 16, 2012
HI, I've just tried to upgrade to this ROM from V10.
When I get to the decryption screen I can only choose a 3X3 pattern but I use much bigger pattern than that.
Is there a way to change the pattern size.

If not anyone now of a way to change the decryption to a password without wiping the data ?

VijayKakad

Nov 27, 2014
Using this rom for last few days and I am loving it. Many many thanks to the developers. Only thing is I am not able to enable voice match in Google assistant settings. I can't use my voice to activate Google assistant. Anyone facing same problem? Any solution? Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    And is there any way to get around the "your device has been unlocked" 5 second delay on boot?
    Here is a guide on youtube:

Here is my own guide.

I have used the original Moto G5 Plus logo file.
    You also need platform-tools_r31.0.0-windows.zip

You need to run two lines from command prompt, from your platform-tools_r31.0.0-windows folder.
    fastboot flash logo logo1_2.bin
    fastboot reboot
    Final builds

29th November updates have been posted to ArrowOS Downloads server and THESE ARE GOING TO BE FINAL BUILDS FROM ME, like most of you know I sold my potter months ago and I didn't intend to work on Moto G5 Plus again but since many people in the community wanted to experience a new android upgrade I decided to bringup Android 11 and release them. I don't plan to release the device sources for 11 changes as some recent drama that went down behind my back people who are just compiling ROMs are disrespecting the work I had done and my releases. So they can just extract ArrowOS 11 (like some peeps already did :p) or do the changes by themselves instead of getting the stuff done already. Believe me, this is better this way if they want to do stuff on potter they better learn to do things themselves.
    Also, thanks to aniket and vinyas to continuously testing these builds..
    And thanks to Vache (I based my device sources on his oreo branches and kept it going until now) Gtrcraft, flintman (they also had continuous contribution to potter device/kernel sources alongside me) and bunch of other peeps. Ciao.

giphy.gif
    logo.png

ArrowOS for Motorola G5 Plus [potter]

ABOUT
    ArrowOS is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

DOWNLOADS
    Click here to Download
    Tip: Select OEM -> Device,choose Arrow version, choose build type: "GAPPS" or "VANILLA" to download.
    Read our blog article/post about:
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_motorola_potter/tree/staging/arrow-10.0
    Donate: PayPal
    Hey everyone!
    ArrowOS for potter is coming back, one of the fellow CORE team member recently got potter on his hands and will support arrow-11.0 from where I left :)

I have checked ArrowOS stats and I found that potter is the third most used device in ArrowOS 11 (1654 user) and the first in ArrowOS 10 (9518 user)!

So I am one of that 10000 people, I would like to thanks your greate effort to keep our old phone "lives" longer.
    That 10000 people is proud to you to achiving this with your continius work, this is your legacy but now ...
    our phone is "dying".

We understand (really) that you wont't want to support potter further, but why ArrowOS team abandon us (the 10000 people)?
    Is it possible to someone join to the team and continue your legacy?

I understand that you dond't want to share your device sources for 11 with the people whom disrespecting your work, we respekt it! Unfortunetly keeping the sources
    is not bad for that people it's bad for us, the community. Bad for the 10000 people.

I would like to ask you to let someone to continue your legacy as you did in the past with Vache.

Thanks for the past years.
    WHAT WORKS?
    • Almost everything like: RIL, DATA, Fingerprint, Camera, WiFi, Flash, Touch, DT2W, VoLTE [tested on JIO4G] etc

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • SELinux is permissive
    Be sure to include a log : check how to