• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][Moto G5 Plus][android-11.0] ArrowOS 11.0 [OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

badtlc

Jan 28, 2013
KC
I came from evolutionx 4.0 unofficial and my banking apps do not seem to be working on Arrow OS(10/11) no matter what I do. The apps(Phonepe/Gpay) do open but can't activate/verify my bank account. I have tried magisk hide and hiding the app plus denying Telephone permission for G Play services.

Any heads up would be great.

It worked fine for me w/out root.

1markus

Apr 16, 2020
With ArrowOS 11 on Potter, I can't connect to WPA3+WPA2 networks.
Switching my network settings to WPA2 works well (but that's not really an option outside my home network).

Wasn't a problem on ArrowOS 10.
I installed (GAPPS build Size: 1113.03 MB
Type: Official Version: v11.0 Date: 2021-10-12)
and still have the same issue.
Did you find a solution in the meantime?

Using a guest wifi account only with WPA2 it works well.

Is some working on a fix?

ich5003

Jan 17, 2015
I installed (GAPPS build Size: 1113.03 MB
Type: Official Version: v11.0 Date: 2021-10-12)
and still have the same issue.
Did you find a solution in the meantime?

Using a guest wifi account only with WPA2 it works well.

Is some working on a fix?
I'm sorry, I didn't find a solution. I used a WPA2 network and now I don't use my G5Plus at all anymore.

Reactions: 1markus

silverstone777

Nov 14, 2021
Any idea why I cannot restore from cloud ? This ROM seems to be the only one able to boot and that doesn't get stuck in boot loop and/or black screen. But I cannot restore from cloud. It's complaining about "Couldn't connect" even though the wifi is clearly working ...

cjdijk

Apr 25, 2021
And is there any way to get around the "your device has been unlocked" 5 second delay on boot?
Here is a guide on youtube:

Here is my own guide.

I have used the original Moto G5 Plus logo file.
You also need platform-tools_r31.0.0-windows.zip

You need to run two lines from command prompt, from your platform-tools_r31.0.0-windows folder.
fastboot flash logo logo1_2.bin
fastboot reboot

Reactions: gregferns

cjdijk

Apr 25, 2021
Still new here: Is this ROM working with Potter *XT1685* (EU-Version, 3 GB RAM, 32 GB ROM, Dual-SIM; Android 8.1.0) and the ROM is not rooted, right?
I am sure you need to root your phone before you can install any custom rom. And yes I have a XT1685 too. I have created a full guide to go from factory Android 8.1 to custom Android 11 in Dutch language. If you can't read Dutch, may be you can look at the youtube clips I have mentioned in my guide. https://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_message/66796802#66796802

JohannesL2021

Feb 7, 2021

cjdijk

Apr 25, 2021
I have tried this ROM this weekend. There are two issues with it.

1. Automatice screen brightness adjustment does not work properly. It goes to the darkest setting sometimes, which isn't readable. It's darkest setting should be about 25%.

2. If I turn my smartphone off and on again (or reboot it), my fingerprint sensor does not work for unlocking anymore. I can only unlock it by face recognition or entering pincode. However I have found a trick to get it working again (without having to reset to factory default). By restarting without simtray, and put it back again after the restart. Now the fingerprint sensor can be used for unlocking again.

This second issue I also have using the DotOS rom, that's why I gave ArrowOS a try. All other things seems to be working fine. Let's hope for Android 12 to come soon, and both issues will be fixed.

Marcel Zak

Dec 27, 2021
Hello!
First of all thank you very much for the hard work. It is a very nice ROM. I installed it on two phones. The first one was XT1684 and the second XT1685. I am using the latest twrp-3.6.0_9-0-potter.img and I did full wipe + format before installing ArrowOS 11. I also checked the integrity with sha256sum.

I experienced these issues:
  1. Encryption with screen pin worked only on one phone the second was stuck on boot loop. After I formatted partition and removed the screen pin, it encrypted successfully on the second phone as well.
  2. The front camera stopped working after encryption. I tested this behaviour 2 times on both phones. The front camera work just fine after installation (everything works). After I encrypted the phone and booted the OS, the Camera App disappeared. After a restart, the Camera App is back and the back camera works, but if I want to switch to the front camera, the picture blinks and it just keeps showing the back camera. Because of this, unlocking by face does not work either (after encryption). I tried installing Google camera App but the front camera did not work either.
Right now both phones are unencrypted but fully functional. I just wanted to report this bug.

Last edited:

inexplicabro

Mar 19, 2019
After installing, when trying to boot, it will show the "Warning Device Unlocked" message, after which the screen will switch off and nothing will happen. If I boot into the recovery, after clicking "Reboot to System", it shows the same message and stays black.

I got the phone from my friend who said that it has not been booting at all, so I thought I could fix it by installing a ROM, so I'm not quite sure what the deal is with the phone.

cjdijk

Apr 25, 2021
After installing, when trying to boot, it will show the "Warning Device Unlocked" message, after which the screen will switch off and nothing will happen. If I boot into the recovery, after clicking "Reboot to System", it shows the same message and stays black.

I got the phone from my friend who said that it has not been booting at all, so I thought I could fix it by installing a ROM, so I'm not quite sure what the deal is with the phone.
If you can't go to recovery, you might want to re-flash TWRP, easy task:

fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.5.0_9-0-potter.img

You type above command from the command line in your platform-tools_r31.0.0-windows directory (in which you also have copied the twrp-3.5.0_9-0-potter.img file). If it says OKAY Finished. You can try again booting to recovery mode.

Before flashing the Arrow ROM, you can also wipe all different partions, and check them for error's. I prefer using a sd-card for storing the ROM, so I can wipe the whole internal memory.

fix4all

Apr 23, 2012
Any chance of getting the compass/magnetometer working in ArrowOS 11? Just knocking around in there with the latest build today, it looks very clean. Thank you for your work on it?
Revisiting this thread and was wondering if the compass/magnetometer lacking was ever resolved or if you know of another 10 or 11 ROM where it does work.

stevejohnson42

Dec 7, 2013
Aiken, South Carolina
Not a lot of activity here; but some feedback - I just installed the COMMUNITY version with GAPPS from Arrow web site - file notes as 20211120 -- rock solid for me needs ; only thing I have not tried yet is using any program as GPS ; I usually use Google Maps or HereWeGo . Battery performance over the last two days has been comparable to stock. I did not install any root program.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

ArrowOS for Motorola G5 Plus [potter]

ABOUT
    ArrowOS is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

DOWNLOADS
    Click here to Download
    Tip: Select OEM -> Device,choose Arrow version, choose build type: "GAPPS" or "VANILLA" to download.
    Read our blog article/post about:
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_motorola_potter/tree/staging/arrow-10.0
    Donate: PayPal
    Final builds

29th November updates have been posted to ArrowOS Downloads server and THESE ARE GOING TO BE FINAL BUILDS FROM ME, like most of you know I sold my potter months ago and I didn't intend to work on Moto G5 Plus again but since many people in the community wanted to experience a new android upgrade I decided to bringup Android 11 and release them. I don't plan to release the device sources for 11 changes as some recent drama that went down behind my back people who are just compiling ROMs are disrespecting the work I had done and my releases. So they can just extract ArrowOS 11 (like some peeps already did :p) or do the changes by themselves instead of getting the stuff done already. Believe me, this is better this way if they want to do stuff on potter they better learn to do things themselves.
    Also, thanks to aniket and vinyas to continuously testing these builds..
    And thanks to Vache (I based my device sources on his oreo branches and kept it going until now) Gtrcraft, flintman (they also had continuous contribution to potter device/kernel sources alongside me) and bunch of other peeps. Ciao.

giphy.gif
    Hey everyone!
    ArrowOS for potter is coming back, one of the fellow CORE team member recently got potter on his hands and will support arrow-11.0 from where I left :)

I have checked ArrowOS stats and I found that potter is the third most used device in ArrowOS 11 (1654 user) and the first in ArrowOS 10 (9518 user)!

So I am one of that 10000 people, I would like to thanks your greate effort to keep our old phone "lives" longer.
    That 10000 people is proud to you to achiving this with your continius work, this is your legacy but now ...
    our phone is "dying".

We understand (really) that you wont't want to support potter further, but why ArrowOS team abandon us (the 10000 people)?
    Is it possible to someone join to the team and continue your legacy?

I understand that you dond't want to share your device sources for 11 with the people whom disrespecting your work, we respekt it! Unfortunetly keeping the sources
    is not bad for that people it's bad for us, the community. Bad for the 10000 people.

I would like to ask you to let someone to continue your legacy as you did in the past with Vache.

Thanks for the past years.
    WHAT WORKS?
    • Almost everything like: RIL, DATA, Fingerprint, Camera, WiFi, Flash, Touch, DT2W, VoLTE [tested on JIO4G] etc

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • SELinux is permissive
    Be sure to include a log : check how to