[ROM] Motorola Blur OS- V0.6 (Beta) [UPDATED - 10/11 - 10:45pm MountainTime]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Drizzy Drake Rogers

Jun 2, 2009
Kinda dissapointed that Drizzy hasn't contacted me. I pmed him on htcpedia and he can pm me here if he wants. However, if I don't hear from him soon I'm just going to release my own blur based on his leak.

Does this mean your making your own blur rom??[/QUOTE]

no he said if drizzy doesnt reply then he will release his own[/QUOTE]

OMG does this mean another blur rom for no reason OMG like I said before its better to help build the rom than to just build another!

Drizzy~

beatle7777777

Jan 3, 2009
thanks dude i got root

yeah yeah yeah... you guys are great

For the record, to fix su I booted into recovery and did the following.
adb shell mount data
adb shell mount system
adb push su /system/bin/
adb shell chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
adb push Superuser.apk /data/app_s/

The su and Superuser.apk you can use from .5 (not r2) or just about any other rom. The two just need to match. I imagine he wasn't using the correct su when he reverted to koush's old Superuser.apk

Kinda dissapointed that Drizzy hasn't contacted me. I pmed him on htcpedia and he can pm me here if he wants. However, if I don't hear from him soon I'm just going to release my own blur based on his leak.

Thanks for posting this Dude, i got su working and now this rom is flying!

Also thanks drizzy this rom is amazing!

skilo0918

May 30, 2009
blur account

I need help I want to try this rom so bad but i cant register a account on blur i cant get pass that part. I even tried pm that guy that is setting up the accounts but he still havent set up mines. Is there a way that i can do it on my own or a way to bypass this part because right now my phone is sitting idle on this part and i cant use my phone, I might have to go back to hero. Please if someone knows how to get pass this please let me know

AGx-07_162

Mar 5, 2009
For the record, to fix su I booted into recovery and did the following.
adb shell mount data
adb shell mount system
adb push su /system/bin/
adb shell chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
adb push Superuser.apk /data/app_s/

The su and Superuser.apk you can use from .5 (not r2) or just about any other rom. The two just need to match. I imagine he wasn't using the correct su when he reverted to koush's old Superuser.apk

do you suppose this would work if I added them to the ROM (r2), replacing the current files within the ROM with the su and Superuser.apk with matching ones from another? I'm in the midst of trying it right now but would like to know, if I fail, perhaps why.

lostsoljah

Mar 12, 2008
YES!!

dont post much but i did do what the dudeoflife said. except i didnt push the files. i extracted in a new folder on my desktop the Motorola Cliq v0.5.zip and took the SU file from the bin folder and the Superuser.apk from the applications folder put the files on my sdcard.
then i followed these commands below in the phones terminal and then i rebooted.

i did all this after i fully installed Motorola Cliq v0.5r2

mount data
mount system
mount sdcard
cp /sdcard/su /system/bin/
chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
cp /sdcard/Superuser.apk /data/app_s/

good luck. it helps a lot for installing overclock and advanced task manager. it improves performance a lot.

Burlyskink

Aug 21, 2009
same exact thing for me also... anyone have any ideas at all. very excited to try this out.

In order to fix this, make sure you have the newest spl installed... I flashed the newest spl and it worked, also keep in mind you have to have the newest radio before you flash the newest spl. Otherwise you will receive a brick.

DarkOne951

Sep 10, 2009
dont post much but i did do what the dudeoflife said. except i didnt push the files. i extracted in a new folder on my desktop the Motorola Cliq v0.5.zip and took the SU file from the bin folder and the Superuser.apk from the applications folder put the files on my sdcard.
then i followed these commands below in the phones terminal and then i rebooted.

mount data
mount system
mount sdcard

good luck. it helps a lot for installing overclock and advanced task manager. it improves performance a lot.

Testing. Will post thoughts in a min.

Edit: Works like a charm.

Last edited:

AGx-07_162

Mar 5, 2009

mount data
mount system
mount sdcard

This didnt work for me. I got "access denied" and "read only" errors when doing this through Terminal so I went through Recovery Console and did it. Worked like a charm. Was only away for 5 mins though and it looks like Drizzy is uploading an update/fix. How nice. =']

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hey drizzy i found a bug a wierd one i dont think anyone is having this problem

i have the gps location but only when i use edge i cant get my loc on 3g any fix for this ???
    Is everyone else experiencing the setup part to be very slow? I'm still adding my social networks, and emails in the setup.

Yeah. Dog slow.