• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][MRA58K]Minimus for Nexus 6 - 10/13/15

Search This thread

razrlover

Mar 28, 2012
Google Pixel 6
Thanks. Gonna have to look into this.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Hey jar, long time running build and must have root issues too.

I have tried 2.52, blu and elemental and just can't restore with titanium, device is accessing correct b backup folder but won't restore. Tried everything wiped data, reflash, clear app data and nothing will work. Other that that flawless build my dude.

Love the light dark switch, looks great

jarjar124

Apr 28, 2012
Brooklyn
Hey jar, long time running build and must have root issues too.

I have tried 2.52, blu and elemental and just can't restore with titanium, device is accessing correct b backup folder but won't restore. Tried everything wiped data, reflash, clear app data and nothing will work. Other that that flawless build my dude.

Love the light dark switch, looks great
Odd. Titanium works just fine for me. Did you flash the boot.img chainfire provided then flash SuperSU then the kernel of your choice? I'm working on including supersu to see if that helps with the root issues.
Thanks man. What's weird is that layers work just fine which I thought messed with the system partition
Yeah it is odd. I'll need to look into this more during my free time lol.

Reactions: androidfilesharing

adrman

Jul 17, 2012
NYC

razrlover

Mar 28, 2012
Google Pixel 6
Odd. Titanium works just fine for me. Did you flash the boot.img chainfire provided then flash SuperSU then the kernel of your choice? I'm working on including supersu to see if that helps with the root issues.

Yeah it is odd. I'll need to look into this more during my free time lol.

Yes u are correct, first flash i didn't flash chainfires boot, su , then kernel. This time i did and all is well.

Thanks jarjar!!

Reactions: jarjar124

bdorr1105

Sep 6, 2008
3Minit battery for Minimus ROM - Now on Marshmallow!

Welcome to Marshmallow Minimus Community

Screenshot_20151012-074626_zpsl2578uxg.png
Screenshot_20151012-075233_zpsbyfpvpt9.png

Go to Post #1 for 3Minit Battery for Nexus 6 for Minimus ROM. in the Download Section and expand Marshallow

You have over 1100 Batteries on the Fly to Choose from without any restart required. They can be re sized as well. Read Post #1 for all the information. This was on Lollipop, but I have ported it to work on Marshmallow. It is working great

9. Minimus ROM

Current Version - minimus_shamu-2015-10-13

Download Free Version - (If You didn't buy the 3Minit App) HERE

Download Paid Version - (If you already purchased the 3Minit App) HERE
(For PAID VERSION ONLY - After Flashing zip, download 3Minit paid version from playstore if you have not already done so)

Last edited:
Reactions: jarjar124

reaper000

Aug 3, 2009
OnePlus 9
Yes u are correct, first flash i didn't flash chainfires boot, su , then kernel. This time i did and all is well.

Thanks jarjar!!
Although I found Chainfire's boot.img in the SuperSU thread, it failed to flash in TWRP. Not a problem, though, because flashing this ROM, purenexus gapps, despair's kernel, and SuperSU 2.52 gave me full functionality.

BTW, @jarjar, I'm trying to remember the first time I flashed a Minimus ROM... Was it the M7? Or was it a Nexus 4 or 5?

jarjar124

Apr 28, 2012
Brooklyn
Although I found Chainfire's boot.img in the SuperSU thread, it failed to flash in TWRP. Not a problem, though, because flashing this ROM, purenexus gapps, despair's kernel, and SuperSU 2.52 gave me full functionality.

BTW, @jarjar, I'm trying to remember the first time I flashed a Minimus ROM... Was it the M7? Or was it a Nexus 4 or 5?

Maybe the 5. I don't remember if I did the 4. It's been a looooong time for sure. :)

Reactions: reaper000

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    uKxbxz4.png
    Minimus is back! I built Minimus on the idea of minimalism. The idea behind Minimus is a stock like ROM with the benefits of essential features that enhance the stock experience.

Features:
    Based On Android 6.0.0_r1
    Advance Reboot
    UI Enhancements that Google left out
    Brought back Day/Night Mode (Theme switcher from first preview build)

Instructions
    1. Download ROM and Gapps.
    2. Boot into custom recovery of your choice.
    3. If you're coming from a different ROM, I suggest you perform a factory reset using TWRP
    4. a) Clean Installation: Flash ROM, GApps.
    b) Dirty Flash: Flash ROM
    5. Reboot and enjoy.

Download:
    ROM: Minimus - 10/13/15
    Gapps: Gapps thanks to zephiK
    Older builds

FYI: Kernel Source is stock

Big thanks to:
    Cyanogenmod
    AOSPA team
    Zephik

PLEASE REPORT ANY BUGS TO ME! I want this ROM to be as stable as possible and that's only possible if you guys report any bugs! :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    Minimus, ROM for the Nexus 6

Contributors
    jarjar124
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2015-07-15
    Last Updated 2015-07-15
    NEW RELEASE! MARSHMALLOWWWWW FOR EVERYONE! Was on stock Marshmallow for a good week, but I felt like things were missing like the power menu so I decided to go back to business. This is my personal take on M so please, don't give me "I want x, y, z" or "why isn't x in this ROM if it's in another ROM?" The point of Android is choice ;). More features will come to this ROM. Just wanted to get a stable build of what I have out there for now in case anyone wants a stock like experience and the day night theme from the first preview ;). Anyways, enough talking. Here's the link. https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347836946
    Please flash zephiK's gapps and use Chainfire's way of obtaining root for M. Please let me know of any bugs!!

I do know that the boot animation is small lol. I'm working on it, but it's not a priority right now :p
    3Minit Battery for Minimus

I updated the 3Minit Battery Mod for the latest Minimus Version.... There are 2 versions.....A free and the paid version........(You Don't actually pay for the download zip....I will explain)

The only difference between the free and paid version is that the paid version does not install the 3Minit Settings App. The reason for that is if you already paid for the 3Minit Settings app, just install it from the app store. Those who have not purchased the app can use the free version and can later choose to buy the 3Minit Battery App later. If you decide to buy the paid version from the app store and used the free version zip file to install, you will notice there are two 3Minit apps in the app drawer, one being the free and one being the paid for version...To delete the free version app, just go to system/app and delete the 3MinitSettings Folder with root explorer, reboot, and you will only have the paid version in the app drawer.

You are not getting the paid version of 3Minit for Free...This is just for a cleaner install if you have already bought the 3Minit Battery App

Download Here

Battery Mod by 3Minit for Nexus 6 XDA Page - Here

Free Version - 3Minit_Battery_free_minimus_shamu-ota-7-17-15.zip

Paid Version - 3Minit_Battery_paid_minimus_shamu-ota-7-17-15.zip (This does not cost anything, its for people who already purchased the 3Minit Battery Settings App)

or

Google + Battery Mod by 3Minit Community Page - Please follow for requests and updates - Downloads Section

https://plus.google.com/communities/114730832378405065883
    Verizon. I swear I had data but when I got to work it wouldn't connect no matter what I did.
    AOSP doesn't play nice with CDMA data. Doesn't work on Sprint either unless you flash the APN hack along with the ROM. We are stuck with stock based ROMs if we want full functionality.

This seems to be exactly what I am looking for. Either Layers/TE support and pretty much not much else. In the end, I prefer Gravity Box anyway for all of the statusbar stuff. Going to try this out this weekend.