[ROM][MRA58K] Roasted Marshmallow v1.0 - 10/6/2015 Battery %, Center Clock, Debloated

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 3343760

Android 6 supports layers out of the box

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

i mean why its not working on this rom but is working on others....also noticed root explorer is not working but works on stock image

Last edited by a moderator:

robertm2011

Dec 27, 2011
Right, layers require access to the system folder in the root files; when you load a theme the files end up in system/vendor/overlay.

Reactions: jayk32 and Lemagex
D

Deleted member 3343760

Because, like a few other users including me, this rom isn't giving you System RW access. Try flash something to system from recovery (an audio mod, a camera, etc, anything) it will not allow you.

Yep I see that now....gonna fastboot the system image

luke24

Nov 26, 2011
How I got layers working:

1. Download a root file explorer. (I use FX with root add-on)
2. Go into system and at the top there's a lock. Click it and it will unlock.
3. Go into layers manager, apply theme and reboot.

Do not reboot between unlocking system and applying. Unlock system then apply theme and it should

Also make sure you have busybox installed. If you don't use "Busybox on Rails" from the play store

Last edited:

Jsunn

Jan 14, 2010
Hello All,

I want to flash this ROM, I am running 6.0 already, but I have that "Corrupt Message" upon reboot.

I am on 6.0
Bootloader is Unlocked
NOT encrypted
NOT Rooted

Can someone please give me the steps to flash this ROM?

Thanks!
-Jason

bdorr1105

Sep 6, 2008
3Minit Batery for Roasted Marshamallow v1.0

Go to Post #1 for 3Minit Battery for Nexus 6 for LightROM 6.0. in the Download Section and expand Marshallow

You have over 1100 Batteries on the Fly to Choose from without any restart required. They can be re sized as well. Read Post #1 for all the information. This was on Lollipop, but I have ported it to work on Marshmallow. It is working great

Check Post#1 Download Section for updated Roasted Marshmallow

4. Roasted Marshmallow

Current Version - Roasted_Marshmallow_v1.0_MRA58K

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

Hello All,

I want to flash this ROM, I am running 6.0 already, but I have that "Corrupt Message" upon reboot.

I am on 6.0
Bootloader is Unlocked
NOT encrypted
NOT Rooted

Can someone please give me the steps to flash this ROM?

Thanks!
-Jason

I put together a guide to fix that corrupt image, I will post the link, it gives you step by step instructions.....It will be like clean flashing, so make sure you back up your SD Card.

After you go through the process and the ROM boots...let it sit 10 minutes..Dont do anything...After it sits, reboot into recovery, then so a restore, but only restore the data....Uncheck the other the other items, this will restore just the apps

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-6/general/how-to-disable-force-encryption-nexus-6-t3220273

This will remove the ugly corrupt screem from popping up

Reactions: ncdub

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Roasted Marshmallow v1.0

Hello Folks! This is the way that I have customized the official stock image and thought I'd share it with the community.

Features:
    • Based on the official MRA58K factory image
    • BenzoCore M2 Kernel - Thanks @xanaxdroid!
    • Battery percentage to the right of the battery icon
    • Center clock with weekday and AM/PM display
    • No forced encryption
    • No boot nag messages
    • Native Layers Support
    • R/W access to /system partition
    • A lot of system apps removed that can be downloaded from the Play Store
    • Unlocked Multi-Window (Just enable developer options and then enable multi-window in developer options)
    • Persistent ADB enabled
    • USB Debugging icon hidden
    • Tethering enabled in build.prop
    • Busybox for Android M
    • Odexed

Screenshots

bvt88xRl.jpg

AIU3ceol.png

Bugs:

LOL! :) None that I know of....
    latest

Instructions
    • Make a Nandroid backup
    • Make sure you have the latest Marshmallow radio and bootloader
    • Wipe
    • Flash Rom
    • Flash SuperSU v2.50
    • Enjoy!

As I add new features, I will release new builds.

Downloads
    Roasted Marshmallow v1.0 -AFH | Dev Host Mirror (MD5: 4e27ba24fb558c4a52a1bbab94088549)
    SuperSU v2.50

XDA:DevDB Information
    Roasted Marshmallow, ROM for the Nexus 6

Contributors
    jermaine151
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
    Based On: Stock Image

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v1.0
    Stable Release Date: 2015-10-07

Created 2015-10-08
    Last Updated 2015-10-07
    can't wait to try this out but like previously said, no download links

edit: is this based off on 6.0 or 5.1.1? it says in the op based off of 5.1.x so was just making sure
    I missed this post. It's 6.0 but xda hasn't updated yet, so 5.1.1 was the highest that I could choose.

Guys, I'm trying to figure out a better way to package up the rom. I think that is what's causing the problems with R/W on system. It works fine on my phone, which is where I pulled the files from. When I flash the rom clean, I have the same problems with writing to system that you guys are having. Android has changed to this new packaging format that I'm trying to figure out. Uggghhhh..

When you see version 1.1 or greater posted, I will have resolved these minor issues. Thanks for your patience and with work and a holiday weekend coming, I'm not sure how long that will take.
    OP I could kiss you for this, but I'll just hit the thanks button instead so i dont give you diseases.