[ROM] [N1] Jellybean 4.2 by Evervolv

Search This thread

openback

Mar 12, 2008
New York City
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I'm not sure how best to submit patches for you guys. In frameworks/base/cmds/installd/utils.c your data_disk_free() seems to be out of date. In the CM repo in the cm-10.1 branch (and indeed in the jellybean branch as well) this function determines the size of the partition where /data/data resides. In y'alls current version, the function checks the size of the partition where /data resides, which can cause problems depending on how exactly you mount your folders in /data. For me, this effectively limits the size of /data/data (which I've mounted from /sd-ext using mounts2sd and is about 1 GB) to the size of /data (which is still mounted from the internal SD and is about 100 MB).

This explains why I've seen some people have installation issues and some haven't; the problem only occurs when you would be out of space on /data if you were still installing apps there (so either a lot of apps installed or a partitioning scheme that severely limits /data) AND you have /data/data remounted elsewhere but not /data.

Here's the patch that fixes it: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andr...mmit/0e7f769089a7208b0d719c8e5f48fa22a338737c

More details here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=37767023&postcount=173
I see this has yet to be added to Evervolv's changes. Have you found a workaround until this is updated? I'm having the same issue with my brother's phone, which is now unable to update any apps.

dpw13

Nov 28, 2009
Re: [DEV][ROM][N1] Jellybean 4.2 by Evervolv

The workaround is to use a2sd or use reverse mount with m2sd so that all of /data is really a separate partition. I've personally verified that it works fine with a2sd but I haven't tried reverse mount on m2sd. Texasice was nice enough to let me know that they made a conscious decision to keep those patches out of 4.2 because they thought this way would be overall more compatible.

Sent from my Nexus One using xda app-developers app

warenix

Feb 9, 2010
The workaround is to use a2sd or use reverse mount with m2sd so that all of /data is really a separate partition. I've personally verified that it works fine with a2sd but I haven't tried reverse mount on m2sd. Texasice was nice enough to let me know that they made a conscious decision to keep those patches out of 4.2 because they thought this way would be overall more compatible.

Sent from my Nexus One using xda app-developers app

Been using 2013.02.23 build. a2sd xdata is not working as before. My workaround is to install m2sd from google play and choose reverse mount.

kazemitsui

Dec 15, 2010
Seattle
Is anyone able to tether their phone to any other device thru wifi with any sort of security?

If I use WEP/WPA/WPA2 to tether it to my Nexus 7 it always fails. My Nexus 7 can never connect to my N1

also is anyone able to tether their phone to again any device with a wired cable?

Please list any info that may pertain to it working heh... Thanks!

Pappe18

Nov 16, 2010
Parma
Is anyone able to tether their phone to any other device thru wifi with any sort of security?

If I use WEP/WPA/WPA2 to tether it to my Nexus 7 it always fails. My Nexus 7 can never connect to my N1

also is anyone able to tether their phone to again any device with a wired cable?

Please list any info that may pertain to it working heh... Thanks!

Same here.
No tether on wifi nor usb..

Last edited:

ukanth

Recognized Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus X

No.29

Dec 11, 2010
AW: [DEV][ROM][N1] Jellybean 4.2 by Evervolv

Take a look into the advanced menu @wifi manually proxy settings etc

Sent from my Nexus One using xda premium

error while flashing nightly

I'm trying to move up from the previous JB incarnation from Evervolv (3.1 I think). I ended up answering all of my own questions, so I'm just going to edit this post for reference.

During the install process, after the "----MESSAGE----" I'm getting the following error:
I've tried the fastboot version as well, which doesn't complain about anything.

Code:
Installing Evervolv
Creating symlinks
symlink: some symlinks failed
E:Error in /sdcard/Evervolv-Perdo-3.2.0-Nightly-2013.03.05-passion.zip
(Status 7)

Installation aborted.

The problem under either condition is that gapps will not install. I have verified that the MD5 hash matches the expected value for gapps-jb-20121212-signed-inc.zip.

Code:
Verifying update package...
E:Missing file:
system/usr/srec/en-US/norm_fst
E:Verification failed

Zip verification failed!
Zip isn't signed correctly!
Installation aborted.

Does anyone have any information on what might be happening? Or is there a nightly that is known to be more stable than others?

In the mean time I'm trying previous nightlies looking for a functional install. Evervolv-Perdo-3.2.0-Nightly-2013.03.04-passion.zip seems to install alright, but I get the same error with gapps.

(EDIT: I think both my problems had something to do with my data partition. After a couple of formats, I could finally get everything installed and booted)

What is the current android version of the nightlies? (As of today it is 4.2.2, according my to working install from nightly build 2013.03.05.)

There is a new gapps from 20130301 which says it is not recommended for android 4.2.1 =\ (The gapps from 2013.03.01 is the proper package for the current nightly.)

Thanks.

Last edited:

gregferns

Sep 19, 2009
Mumbai
I'm trying to move up from the previous JB incarnation from Evervolv (3.1 I think). I ended up answering all of my own questions, so I'm just going to edit this post for reference.

[
There is a new gapps from 20130301 which says it is not recommended for android 4.2.1 =\ (The gapps from 2013.03.01 is the proper package for the current nightly.)

Thanks.

WHere did you get the new gapps from ??

Please share the link.

thanks
greg

Pappe18

Nov 16, 2010
Parma
Anyone managed to get a working usb or wifi theter with the built-in app?
I remember it worked on 4.0.4 and (not sure) on 4.2.1, it's annoying to install a dedicate application (which one?) when it's already integrated in adroid..

Last edited:

dasbooter

Jun 22, 2010
Anyone managed to get a working usb or wifi theter with the built-in app?
I remember it worked on 4.0.4 and (not sure) on 4.2.1, it's annoying to install a dedicate application (which one?) when it's already integrated in adroid..

I can not get wifi tethering to work on the nightly as of todays evervolv rom or the 10.1 cyanogen nightly regardless of security used. The 3g connections becomes grey disconnected then the wifi tether turns itself off. The 3g connection stays grey with only a reboot fixing it. Are you able to get it going with third party app.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone