Attachments

• Screenshot_20161102-143216.png
    Screenshot_20161102-143216.png
    80.4 KB · Views: 946
Last edited:
Reactions: Royalfox

blueman24

Apr 28, 2013
mind sharing your setup? I'm having trouble getting thru a day without needing to charge midday
For me, I just under clocked to 1200mhz. Doesn't really have any effect on smoothness but does give a nice battery life boost. Other than that, I'm yet to fiddle with kernels so...
BTW, my N4 is only a couple of years old (i got it late in its life cycle) so it has a good battery. I can easily go 4hrs sot on WiFi but don't ask about 3g.

theo28

Oct 22, 2011
Hey Guys, I was on the latest version of Chroma and then tried to install AOSP 7.1 http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=69581407&postcount=527 but it just stuck at booting for 20minutes so I force rebooted into recovery and flashed the latest stable version of Chroma. It's been 15minutes and and I still see the chroma logo waiting for the first boot to complete. What should I do?

Edit: I came to Chroma and then To Nitrogen OS N ► Substratum 7.1 but a bunch of things are not working right so want to give this AOSP a try.

Last edited:

a103

Aug 12, 2010
Hey Guys, I was on the latest version of Chroma and then tried to install AOSP 7.1 http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=69581407&postcount=527 but it just stuck at booting for 20minutes so I force rebooted into recovery and flashed the latest stable version of Chroma. It's been 15minutes and and I still see the chroma logo waiting for the first boot to complete. What should I do?
You'll need to do a factory reset before flashing chroma again.

Gu$houn*

Dec 10, 2010
Prague
how can i backup kernel?
If we're talking about custom kernel, I think there is no reason to backup it other way than keeping the original zip.
To backup the stock kernel you could use custom recovery e.g. TWRP and backup "boot" partition or you could use some app e.g. Flashify to do that. Or you could just unzip the boot.img from your ROM's zip. Or use ADB with proper commands ...
which kernel is best for chroma?
I think you have to find by yourself which kernel suits the best to your needs ...

P.
[sntfrmnxs⁴]

KitsuneFoxy

Dec 14, 2014
Leicester
Google Nexus 4
HTC Desire C
Hi all. I like Chroma a lot. And I was hoping Zephik would atleast keep the project updated with just the security updates if that would be alright?
I assume to incorporate the security updates isnt too much hassle.? Or is there going to be a Chroma Nougat?

I dont like other ROm's they are far too bloated and chroma has always been very snappy and quick for my nexus 4.

fr3quency

Sep 20, 2008
Patra
fr3quency.deviantart.com
Hi all. I like Chroma a lot. And I was hoping Zephik would atleast keep the project updated with just the security updates if that would be alright?
I assume to incorporate the security updates isnt too much hassle.? Or is there going to be a Chroma Nougat?

I dont like other ROm's they are far too bloated and chroma has always been very snappy and quick for my nexus 4.

Chroma for the Nexus 4 is dead. There are better ROMs out there. I used to be a Chroma fan but thankfully we don't need this ROM now.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Islam Looca

Feb 7, 2013
Cairo
Chroma for the Nexus 4 is dead. There are better ROMs out there. I used to be a Chroma fan but thankfully we don't need this ROM now.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Allow me to disagree with you, not all users could die without an updated rom, the main goal for a normal user to flash any rom is to suite his needs when using the phone without single issue.
what i've got with N roms :
- performance issues
- battery draining with lower SOT time compared to MM
- google camera not fully functional (with flash sync issue which also present in almost MM roms, but not Chroma)
- FC with some apps i use like Flashfox
- No Xposed framework till now
- No multirom support at least for trying N roms without affecting the main rom

I know, this differs from a user to another and not all users care about this, but this is my point of view.

pjc123

Feb 7, 2013
www.flaminghellmet.com
Allow me to disagree with you, not all users could die without an updated rom, the main goal for a normal user to flash any rom is to suite his needs when using the phone without single issue.
what i've got with N roms :
- performance issues
- battery draining with lower SOT time compared to MM
- google camera not fully functional (with flash sync issue which also present in almost MM roms, but not Chroma)
- FC with some apps i use like Flashfox
- No Xposed framework till now
- No multirom support at least for trying N roms without affecting the main rom

I know, this differs from a user to another and not all users care about this, but this is my point of view.

As far as I am concerned, no more security updates, then it is "dead to me". The security updates are the main reason I moved to Chroma in the first place. Really loved this ROM. You are right that Nougat is not stable enough. Debating CM14 or straight Nougat port as soon as things stabilize. I can't afford to be messing around right now and be without a phone, text and email; I am one of those crazy people that uses my phone as a phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Islam Looca

fr3quency

Sep 20, 2008
Patra
fr3quency.deviantart.com
As far as I am concerned, no more security updates, then it is "dead to me". The security updates are the main reason I moved to Chroma in the first place. Really loved this ROM. You are right that Nougat is not stable enough. Debating CM14 or straight Nougat port as soon as things stabilize. I can't afford to be messing around right now and be without a phone, text and email; I am one of those crazy people that uses my phone as a phone.
Boot into TWRP and backup. Then you can play to your heart's content without worrying. [emoji14] As it's holidays I have more time to test things on Nexus 4, so after testing I recommend Pure Nexus to every Chroma fan(seriously they are fking identical - I was shocked)

Sent from my Nexus 4

Top Liked Posts