[ROM][N4][6.0.1_r62][MTC20F] Chroma 08/02/2016

Search This thread

Islam Looca

Feb 7, 2013
Cairo
Boot into TWRP and backup. Then you can play to your heart's content without worrying. [emoji14] As it's holidays I have more time to test things on Nexus 4, so after testing I recommend Pure Nexus to every Chroma fan(seriously they are fking identical - I was shocked)

Sent from my Nexus 4

I've tried the last build it was good but had some bugs, so waiting for the fixes that dragos mentioned will be there in upcoming release for camera and tethering .. etc
i don't say that N isn't that good, but you know we need stability to make sure that we can use our beloved nexus 4 without issues.

fr3quency

Sep 20, 2008
Patra
fr3quency.deviantart.com
I've tried the last build it was good but had some bugs, so waiting for the fixes that dragos mentioned will be there in upcoming release for camera and tethering .. etc
i don't say that N isn't that good, but you know we need stability to make sure that we can use our beloved nexus 4 without issues.

Indeed, you are right but I don't think we will ever see more stability on the Nexus 4. It's a 4-year-old phone with an old CPU... generally everything is fking old on this phone I want to punch it. xD What I'm trying to say is that it's not like its big brother, the Nexus 5, which has a waaaaaay better CPU and official support ended on 6.0.1 instead of 5.1.1

If I could find a used N5 in great condition I think I'd buy it immediately.

I have seen how this story will end as I have flashed each new Android version on Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S 2, Xperia Neo V, Xperia X10 mini etc. Sooner or later we will all have to either upgrade or deal with this stability(or downgrade to 5.1.1/6.0.1)

To sum up: don't have such expectations for our phone as it's really old and has old specs.

Islam Looca

Feb 7, 2013
Cairo
@fr3quency yeah, had the same experience with Xperia X10 and totally agree, that moment when we check the available roms for a phone and see its makers and boom no recognized developers or contributors, not underestimate new developers, but we realize that's the end.

fr3quency

Sep 20, 2008
Patra
fr3quency.deviantart.com
@fr3quency yeah, had the same experience with Xperia X10 and totally agree, that moment when we check the available roms for a phone and see its makers and boom no recognized developers or contributors, not underestimate new developers, but we realize that's the end.

I didn't mean it that way. I don't care if a dev is recognized or not. A dev is a dev and they are a person that helps the end user. Without them we wouldn't enjoy the latest and greatest versions.

Let's take for example my mum's laptop which I have to use whenever I visit home versus my own PC.
Both have Windows 10(like our Nexus 4 has Android 7.1.1), one has an Intel Centrino Duo(bliah) and the other has an i5 6400. The one has a GeForce 7400 GO GPU and the other has a GeForce 650 TI. The differences aren't SO HUGE when it comes to N4 vs N5, but there are differences and those differences won't let us have the desirable stability. The laptop cannot handle lots of video on YouTube and other stuff, lags etc; the same applies to our Nexus 4.

Islam Looca

Feb 7, 2013
Cairo
I didn't mean it that way. I don't care if a dev is recognized or not. A dev is a dev and they are a person that helps the end user. Without them we wouldn't enjoy the latest and greatest versions.

Let's take for example my mum's laptop which I have to use whenever I visit home versus my own PC.
Both have Windows 10(like our Nexus 4 has Android 7.1.1), one has an Intel Centrino Duo(bliah) and the other has an i5 6400. The one has a GeForce 7400 GO GPU and the other has a GeForce 650 TI. The differences aren't SO HUGE when it comes to N4 vs N5, but there are differences and those differences won't let us have the desirable stability. The laptop cannot handle lots of video on YouTube and other stuff, lags etc; the same applies to our Nexus 4.

I got what you mean, new developers know much more than us in android developing and they are totally appreciated for what they do for free to all the people, not taking money for developing time to provide support to a phone, it's a passion.
Like you said, that hardware difference makes it a must change device, and we never know when it comes the end for a device unless devs give it up for that device, then we realize tha's it.
Only devs that make the old hardware usable.

Reactions: fr3quency

ujh

Apr 1, 2016
Boot into TWRP and backup. Then you can play to your heart's content without worrying. [emoji14] As it's holidays I have more time to test things on Nexus 4, so after testing I recommend Pure Nexus to every Chroma fan(seriously they are fking identical - I was shocked)

What about nitrogenos (N)?

imtiax

Jan 6, 2011
I just flashed this rom and it seems buggy from the start...

I don't have a sim card inside so I skip it, then it goes to the Wifi screen, and it wont seem to want to connect to any wifi's, and then it forces me back to the insert sim card screen, and i hit skip nothing happens...

rebooted a couple of times, no luck,.

and yes this is from a completely clean install, formatted everything, wiped everything. gonna try again

also anyone have a mirror to a google apps that works with this rom? because the link in OP is dead and maybe the one im using isnt good with this rom?

Update: again, exact same issue, once it connects to a wifi it goes back to the sim screen and wont budge....
ugh

Last edited:

pjc123

Feb 7, 2013
www.flaminghellmet.com
I just flashed this rom and it seems buggy from the start...

I don't have a sim card inside so I skip it, then it goes to the Wifi screen, and it wont seem to want to connect to any wifi's, and then it forces me back to the insert sim card screen, and i hit skip nothing happens...

rebooted a couple of times, no luck,.

and yes this is from a completely clean install, formatted everything, wiped everything. gonna try again

also anyone have a mirror to a google apps that works with this rom? because the link in OP is dead and maybe the one im using isnt good with this rom?

Not sure why you are using this ROM. I used it for a long time, and really loved it, but development ended for Chroma on the Nexus 4 in August of last year. Personally I have since moved on to Android 7.1.1 Nougat ( Lineage OS) on my Nexus 4, but I understand some don't want to make that move for various reasons. I would at least try to find a marshmallow ROM that is currently supported and has recent security updates. In any event, thanks for reminding me to remove my subscription to this thread.

Last edited:

imtiax

Jan 6, 2011
Not sure why you are using this ROM. I used it for a long time, and really loved it, but development ended for Chroma on the Nexus 4 in August of last year. Personally I have since moved on to Android 7.1.1 Nougat ( Lineage OS) on my Nexus 4, but I understand some don't want to make that move for various reasons. I would at least try to find a marshmallow ROM that is currently supported and has recent security updates. In any event, thanks for reminding me to remove my subscription to this thread.

This is for one of my test phones, I'm making something for my self that requires xPosed and marshmallow so I'm looking for a marshmallow rom.

I would use android 7.x but theres no xposed there

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

update: flashed a different rom and got everything working. guess this rom is just broken.

smit.sanghavi

Apr 19, 2012
Mumbai
This is for one of my test phones, I'm making something for my self that requires xPosed and marshmallow so I'm looking for a marshmallow rom.

I would use android 7.x but theres no xposed there

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

update: flashed a different rom and got everything working. guess this rom is just broken.

Which ROM did you use?

Burn02

Feb 1, 2010
For people who where looking for a rom near from chroma, i would advice you to test SAOSP.
I am totally happy with this rom. Like i was with chroma. :)
I have losted nothing.

ZLocus

Oct 26, 2016
What is the battery life you get in standby mode with SAOSP and Dirty Unicorn? I get about two days as reported by the battery meter using Cyanogenmod 13.0 last snapshot but I'd like to upgrade to at least the latest kernel.

Nemanjacvi

Jul 8, 2015
Which Google apps should i download for the lattest chroma custom rom? I have tried some of them, but i am not able to flash them...

TundraLK520

Apr 10, 2016
Which Google apps should i download for the lattest chroma custom rom? I have tried some of them, but i am not able to flash them...
Chroma has not been updated for mako for a long time and there wont be an update. I think there used to be banks dynamic gapps for it. I could be mistaken. If not then u can try pico or nano open gapps, just make sure u have the right version.
Ps:It's better if u flash something new.

Top Liked Posts