[ROM][N4][6.0.1_r62][MTC20F] Chroma 08/02/2016

Search This thread

NosovK

Oct 30, 2010
Setup latest version

Hi! I try to setup chroma via TWRP on Nexus 4.
But, when I try to flush zip I got an error: "this package is for 'shamu' device this device is 'mako'.
Code:
chroma_shamu-2016-02-03.zip\META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script
line 1: getprop("ro.product.device") == "shamu" || abort("This package is for "shamu" devices; this is a "" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "".");
probably there is mistake in update script...

johnmain

Jul 27, 2013
I just downloaded the Latest version with Gapps. been running 5.1x version forever but recently it has become unstable and slow. So I thought a fresh wipe and install of the latest and greatest was time.
I did a factory reset installed Chroma and the lastest banks gapps from the op. Everything looked good until boot. I keep getting Google Play services has stopped. So I can't setup anything.
I tried reflashing Gapps but still nothing.

Is there anything I am missing?

320flyboy320

Nov 18, 2012
GTA
I just downloaded the Latest version with Gapps. been running 5.1x version forever but recently it has become unstable and slow. So I thought a fresh wipe and install of the latest and greatest was time.
I did a factory reset installed Chroma and the lastest banks gapps from the op. Everything looked good until boot. I keep getting Google Play services has stopped. So I can't setup anything.
I tried reflashing Gapps but still nothing.

Is there anything I am missing?

I was having a similar issue, and realized I wasn't wiping the "system" in TWRP as instructed by the OP (most ROM's don't need or mention this step). Once I did that, gapps worked fine.

Reactions: johnmain

tranced_

Jun 2, 2010
Santo Domingo
Weird. I have the one downloaded from the first post and it works fine. I even compared the MD5.

c84b5f70cbfc23a1a51529615e2a5d3b

But, when I try to flush zip I got an error: "this package is for 'shamu' device this device is 'mako'.
Code:
line 1: getprop("ro.product.device") == "shamu" || abort("This package is for "shamu" devices; this is a "" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "".");

Ghost_Inq

Oct 28, 2015
Is there a firmware feature to lock the screen through swipe in the navigation bar, just swipe instead of double touch? And if there is something you can like to add something?

Roy360

May 18, 2011
How would I go about adding LTE to this rom? Most of the guides that I found either say if they'll work on 6.0+

(P.S I'm still stuck trying to install this rom, so I haven't gotten a chance to experiment myself)

arjundas86

Jan 3, 2013
Kitchener
Code:

The problem is right there in your quote. You downloaded "chroma_shamu-2016-02-03.zip" - for Shamu (Nexus 6). Get the right ROM file from the OP, verify MD5 checksum to ensure file integrity, and flash that.

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

Is there a firmware feature to lock the screen through swipe in the navigation bar, just swipe instead of double touch? And if there is something you can like to add something?

It's not a ROM feature - you would need to flash a kernel that supports it. However, I don't know of any Marshmallow kernels for Mako that support swipe to sleep or swipe to wake. Early on (in Lollipop days) a number of kernels had it, but these days it's generally considered a battery drain and most devs took it out. Double Tap to Wake and Sleep (dt on status bar) are still around, as you already know.

darc7983

Nov 23, 2013
Caracas
How would I go about adding LTE to this rom? Most of the guides that I found either say if they'll work on 6.0+

(P.S I'm still stuck trying to install this rom, so I haven't gotten a chance to experiment myself)
You can tell baseband version you currently have?, You have installed a hybrid modem with LTE support?

Enviado desde mi Nexus 4 mediante Tapatalk

Ghost_Inq

Oct 28, 2015
The problem is right there in your quote. You downloaded "chroma_shamu-2016-02-03.zip" - for Shamu (Nexus 6). Get the right ROM file from the OP, verify MD5 checksum to ensure file integrity, and flash that.

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

It's not a ROM feature - you would need to flash a kernel that supports it. However, I don't know of any Marshmallow kernels for Mako that support swipe to sleep or swipe to wake. Early on (in Lollipop days) a number of kernels had it, but these days it's generally considered a battery drain and most devs took it out. Double Tap to Wake and Sleep (dt on status bar) are still around, as you already know.

In Cataclysm, this feature is implemented, it is similar to the mechanism that in Chroma, but instead of double-tap is a swipe.

arjundas86

Jan 3, 2013
Kitchener
In Cataclysm, this feature is implemented, it is similar to the mechanism that in Chroma, but instead of double-tap is a swipe.

In Marshmallow? I don't think so.
In their OP it says, "Marshmallow Cataclysm is distributed as a mod and doesn't include any kernel." So whatever kernel you use would need to support the swipe to sleep feature.
Also, there is no mention of S2W or S2S in Cataclysm Marshmallow changelogs.

If you're okay with using Lollipop, then you can install the Cataclysm ROM... or use their kernel with another compatible ROM of your choice. But Cataclysm development is stopped for Nexus 4.
Anyway, afaik S2W/S2S is not available in Marshmallow on any ROM/Kernel for our device. If someone does know, please correct me.

Ghost_Inq

Oct 28, 2015
In Marshmallow? I don't think so.
In their OP it says, "Marshmallow Cataclysm is distributed as a mod and doesn't include any kernel." So whatever kernel you use would need to support the swipe to sleep feature.
Also, there is no mention of S2W or S2S in Cataclysm Marshmallow changelogs.

If you're okay with using Lollipop, then you can install the Cataclysm ROM... or use their kernel with another compatible ROM of your choice. But Cataclysm development is stopped for Nexus 4.
Anyway, afaik S2W/S2S is not available in Marshmallow on any ROM/Kernel for our device. If someone does know, please correct me.
I just came up with Cataclysm which was used by 3 months, and was there all the time this feature.

arjundas86

Jan 3, 2013
Kitchener
Yeap! But initially Cataclysm was a complete firmware and not a mod, and it already has this feature!

Then that probably means FakeNexus Rom's kernel supports S2S/S2W... I don't know anything about that Rom, but if it's AOSP-based, maybe its kernel is compatible with Chroma... And you might be able to enable that feature through Kernel Adiutor or Synapse, etc.

kol1124

May 5, 2011
What is better, stock kernel or maybe Taurus, are you testing these kernels?

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 4 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Top Liked Posts