[ROM][N4][NMF26O] Fake nexus rom for Nexus 4. [Dec/06/2016]

Search This thread

avlisredleh

Feb 11, 2016
Google Nexus 4
LG Nexus 5X
Please help me, I'm getting a "invalid zip file format!" while trying to flash through twrp, and before doing this I already wiped Data, cache and delvik. Frankly I'm afraid to reboot and not finding my custome marshmallow ROM.

Obviously i don't know much, therefore desperate as ****, please help anyone.

Did you read installation Instructions in the first page...

Dumonde

Dec 10, 2011
Please help me, I'm getting a "invalid zip file format!" while trying to flash through twrp, and before doing this I already wiped Data, cache and delvik. Frankly I'm afraid to reboot and not finding my custome marshmallow ROM.

Obviously i don't know much, therefore desperate as ****, please help anyone.
See first page for Installation instructions

xenyz

Oct 30, 2010
Any news about a new build of the January or February security updates? Thanks

Will you patch the kernel with security fixes as well? Thx a lot!

Any news about your build?

Sorry guys been preoccupied this week with looking for (paid) work. I see ganachoco is busy as well, so I'll go ahead and try building the ROM. I'm not sure what will happen if the signing key changes though, you may have to clean flash if you want an update :/

re: kernel -- I'm thinking of replacing stock kernel with hellspawn r05 for the release, as it has completely fixed all SoD's on my Nexus 4 since Dec 6, 2016. What do you think?

nplatis

Hellspawn has been the most stable for me, with absolutely no SODs for as long as I have tried it. The only (really minor) problem that I had was that when receiving a call the screen would not turn on immediately (others have reported it as well).

With Quanta V21 I have had very few SODs and considerably better battery life than any other Nougat kernel I have tried.

(All the above with the respective default settings, I have not used their configuration utilities).

Last edited:
Reactions: jer_ying_fd

evilspoons

Nov 21, 2010
I'm having SOD issues like others are describing with the stock kernel on the Dec build, but whatever. Not a huge deal...

The one that's bothering me is my Wi-Fi seems to randomly die. I will come home, it connects to my dual-band access point for a while, and then when I unlock the device I'll notice it's disconnected (wifi status bar is missing). Sometimes it reconnects when the screen wakes up, but other times it marks my access point as "disabled" and stops attempting to connect to it.

Rebooting the phone fixes it but it's annoying as hell having to reboot the phone 3+ times a day.

xenyz

Oct 30, 2010
I'm having SOD issues like others are describing with the stock kernel on the Dec build, but whatever. Not a huge deal...

The one that's bothering me is my Wi-Fi seems to randomly die.

Man you have to be the first one I've ever heard who doesn't mind the SoD :D

As for WLAN: try setting your AP to 2.4 GHz channel 1/6/11 and 5 GHz to channel 36/40/44 (U-NII-1). I noticed the hardware doesn't work well with the DFS (U-NII-2) and higher (U-NII-3) channels. Also, try using a separate SSID for each network (e.g. wireless & wireless_5G like Netgear)

Reactions: picolocris

evilspoons

Nov 21, 2010
Man you have to be the first one I've ever heard who doesn't mind the SoD :D

As for WLAN: try setting your AP to 2.4 GHz channel 1/6/11 and 5 GHz to channel 36/40/44 (U-NII-1). I noticed the hardware doesn't work well with the DFS (U-NII-2) and higher (U-NII-3) channels. Also, try using a separate SSID for each network (e.g. wireless & wireless_5G like Netgear)

Hmm, yes, I'm using channel 1 on 2.4 GHz but 157 on 5 GHz. I'm in a messy RF environment (dense apartment) and even though there aren't many 5 GHz APs the only other ones are on the lower channel numbers.

As for the separate vs single SSIDs for the dual-band setup I have a bunch of other devices that go insane if I don't allow them to switch back and forth, so it's kind of an issue either way. Bah. Maybe I'll set up a 2.4 GHz "guest network" for the Nexus 4 until my Nexus 6P is repaired.

faithjano

Nov 19, 2012
I guys, I write this post just ti thank you for this amazing Rom, It works very well, my battery seems works better than in stock, plus I love pixel Launcher.

Thanks again

[emoji106][emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122]

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

Durotan

Jun 25, 2009
Foggia
Sorry guys been preoccupied this week with looking for (paid) work. I see ganachoco is busy as well, so I'll go ahead and try building the ROM. I'm not sure what will happen if the signing key changes though, you may have to clean flash if you want an update :/

re: kernel -- I'm thinking of replacing stock kernel with hellspawn r05 for the release, as it has completely fixed all SoD's on my Nexus 4 since Dec 6, 2016. What do you think?

Some news about your build?

Reactions: vedantdude

Durotan

Jun 25, 2009
Foggia
To date, this is the only ROM that allows me to install Netflix from the Play Store after the recent server-side changes. With other ROMs I can not install Netflix (the phone is incompatible).

bgoel4132

May 3, 2017
Delhi-NCR
Xiaomi Poco F1
a fantastic taste of work

ganachoco i am highly impressed by you dedication towards making the beautiful nexus 4 even more lovely. but can you please kindly release a stable version of nougat for the same.
and also can you please release the testing rom for oreo of the same.
thanking you
regards
bhavya(a great fan of yours)

Top Liked Posts