[ROM][N4][NMF26O] Fake nexus rom for Nexus 4. [Dec/06/2016]

Search This thread

bgoel4132

May 3, 2017
Delhi-NCR
Xiaomi Poco F1
yes it worth it the best rom for a n4

Is this ROM worth it ? I'm looking for a better ROM for my N4. It seems the Nytrogen is popular also.
probably the best rom for n4 you should have one who have a n4 must try this one
nitrogens are quite amongst the popularity but seems to be tweeeked after all
but this rom gives you a perfect pure android UI
i am running the latest test build and it seems extremely stable instead of video all is fantastic
you should have this in earlier versions on n4 nougat you might face black screens but the december has no such probs

kensiko32

Jan 10, 2013
probably the best rom for n4 you should have one who have a n4 must try this one
nitrogens are quite amongst the popularity but seems to be tweeeked after all
but this rom gives you a perfect pure android UI
i am running the latest test build and it seems extremely stable instead of video all is fantastic
you should have this in earlier versions on n4 nougat you might face black screens but the december has no such probs

Thanks. But isn't that one also pure ?
https://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-4/orig-development/rom-unlegacy-android-project-t3587540

So many ROMS out there. I'm lost.

bgoel4132

May 3, 2017
Delhi-NCR
Xiaomi Poco F1
yes it seems

i tried this rom too its an oreo rom at an initial stage of development it needs to flash gapps with it and it has some bloatware in it the fake nexus has gapps included with all the google apps delivered to a nexus ever and it has also cleared safety net but the ziyan's rom hasn't i would always prefer this rom over all others

kensiko32

Jan 10, 2013
"Stock rom users can use this rom without perform reset userdata partition. "

To do this that way we use the same method with fastboot ?

kensiko32

Jan 10, 2013
Ok from what I understand only the -w option makes the difference between a clean install and a dirty install is that it ?

slybunda

May 6, 2010
Whats the december nougat build like? Does it still have video issues?
The 6.0.1 stable works perfectly so wondering if the 7.1 is good enough for daily use.

bgoel4132

May 3, 2017
Delhi-NCR
Xiaomi Poco F1
i have been using last nougat bult 6 December with quanta v21 and its very smooth even my tock starts to hang a bit whatever i try it doesn't seem to hang except for while playing high end games which are not meant for nexus 4
and even i had not faced any sod till yet and battery life is also impressive so quanta v21 and 6 dec built seems to be perfect combo out there for our nexus 4

i do.tried the hellspawn r05 cpuset but i experience a bit scroll lag often snd battery life was almost same in hellsapwn the bug i found is that the caller screen appears to load slow and even apps take a while to open or say a lag is there which is absolutely not in quanta v21

i used both the kernels without any tweak or modification

bgoel4132

May 3, 2017
Delhi-NCR
Xiaomi Poco F1
yes for the rom you have to use fastboot commands and for the kernel you are supoosed to use twrp and you should try it because it has given my n4 a great battery life and responsiveness and smoothnees even better than stock

Sam Nakamura

Retired Forum Moderator
buddy @xenyz can do.the same as he gad already as he already proclaimed to mantain the rom after ganaccho but he got off track and started mantaining and helping develop other kernel or roms and didnt even bother to have a look at this rom for development which is very disappointing as he didnt kept his words onto mark being a great developer he has to keep his words and works onto top but he is not doing so hope he start mantaining the rom soon
Sorry but this is just not right, no one owes anything here, plans may change as life goes on, we all know that...
You're receiving here Software support free of charge, it's a hobby for those pushing our device beyond vendor's/manufacture's EOL, again it's open source and if a user's demand is so big then it's up to them to change into the dev's camp, do you know how his privat situation is atm or if his device suffered hardware failure? No? Then hold your horses or deliver yourself...

Not meant to be be impolite or something, it's just the plain truth...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Labs

Reactions: xenyz

xenyz

Oct 30, 2010
Could someone do the Android Oreo version of the fake Nexus

buddy @xenyz can do.

Heya, I had a plan to continue building Nougat with the help of the new N5 Fake Nexus ROM maintainer, but as you may know things change and I haven't had time (or the hardware) to dedicate to Android projects this past year. I wish it would have been different, but that's that.

All I can offer is if you are looking for Fake Nexus Oreo, install Unlegacy-Android 8.1 with OpenGapps Aroma Installer. In the installer, remove all AOSP apps and install mini Google Apps. Now you have an up-to-date stock Google ROM, today.

Unlegacy-Android project has done a fantastic job to the same level as ganachoco did with this ROM, and I use and recommend it on mako!

Reactions: Sam Nakamura

wallefclima

Jul 20, 2016
Goiânia - Goiás
buddy @xenyz can do.the same as he gad already as he already proclaimed to mantain the rom after ganaccho but he got off track and started mantaining and helping develop other kernel or roms and didnt even bother to have a look at this rom for development which is very disappointing as he didnt kept his words onto mark being a great developer he has to keep his words and works onto top but he is not doing so hope he start mantaining the rom soon

we are in expectation:victory:

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

we are in expectation

karkasss

Mar 1, 2013
Hello, I'm newbie for Nexus4, since I got this device, I have been experienced all kinds of rom from 4.4 to 7.1, but I noticed this rom can be only installed through fastboot instead of flashing by recovery. Was there special reason dev adopted this way? I was afraid to lose all my data because several roms were already installed under multi boot condition. In this reason I made rom.zip which ccould be flashed by recovery using Cataclysm 6.0 META-INF script then succeeded to install as multi rom. It's working perfectly without single issue.

Now I'm trying to do with 7.1.2 as same way but it seemed Cataclysm script wasn't working anymore.(After showing "Google" boot logo, then black screen). Is there anyone who already made rom.zip like this or who can give any idea?

Among all of them. I can say Fake nexus is best rom ever for me.
Thank you for your effort. Respect!!

Edit : everything was cleared using this tool. Really awesome tool.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/chef-central/android/tool-classykitchen-android-roms-t3862584

Last edited:

kurtschmeichel

Oct 23, 2015
Google Nexus 4
HTC U11
Hi all. I just installed this "(Testing (Dec/06/2016)" over an old Resurrection Remix Rom that was running on the phone, and somehow got into a bootloop. First with dirty flash and still bootlooping. Then with -w wipe, and the phone is up and running again. Very snappy.

Thanks all involved :)

Reactions: arvindgr

Top Liked Posts