• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][N6][6.0.1_r62][MTC20F] Chroma 08/02/2016 | Substratum Support

Search This thread

BrokenHammer

Dec 19, 2014
New phone

Hello. I just got my new nexus 6 and a friend told me about this chrome rom. I thought I would give it a try. I am coming from jasmine rom on a note 3. Is this about the same thing? Thank you in advance. :)

ItzMar

Nov 14, 2012
Just flashed the latest build. With the lock screen set as 'swipe' after the initial showing now I don't have a lock screen. Pressing the power button goes straight in to the OS.

X

xdarenzzio

@zephiK aka fantastic! uploadfromtaptalk1438940065591.png

Shamusent

Lunarskye23

Mar 25, 2012
Hello. I just got my new nexus 6 and a friend told me about this chrome rom. I thought I would give it a try. I am coming from jasmine rom on a note 3. Is this about the same thing? Thank you in advance. :)

I was also on Jasmine ROM with my note 3. I switched to a Nexus 6 back in Feb and have been with Chroma ever since. If you were happy with Jasmine ROM then you will be very happy with Chroma. Zephik has done a great job and is awesome at updating. Towards the end, Jasmine took a hit with that, so I can easily recommend flashing this. Hope that helps.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: BrokenHammer

stefan_city

Apr 4, 2011
Sometimes, not every time, after call the screen remains off and have to press the power button to open screen. It's like problem of proximity sensor. I'm using latest chroma with clean install, but I had the same with previous builds too. It's not hardware issue, because it's ok with stock rom (with or without hells core).

Anyone else with same problem, or some suggestion to solve this?

Regards.

Sent from Nexus 6

Reactions: ben_pyett

PDP///M

Nov 8, 2010
Sometimes, not every time, after call the screen remains off and have to press the power button to open screen. It's like problem of proximity sensor. I'm using latest chroma with clean install, but I had the same with previous builds too. It's not hardware issue, because it's ok with stock rom (with or without hells core).

Anyone else with same problem, or some suggestion to solve this?

Regards.

Sent from Nexus 6

I am having the same exact problem, unfortunately i have no fix. I am not using a screen protector either.

mrw1215

Mar 25, 2011
After dirty flashing to the newest build, is anyone else seeing an issue where the home screen wallpaper reverts back to the "stock" wallpaper every time the screen turns off? Kind of a weird issue to pop up, but now, for whatever reason, I can't get my wallpaper to change and stay that way.

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
I just got my fi invite today. Signed up and now I wait for it to come via snail mail. Hope beans's fix works.
Actually, the Fi stuff come in via FedEx in a package. It comes with a welcome start kit which includes a portable charger, Nexus 6 case, headphones ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwtTPVQ5Ot0

Just flashed the latest build. With the lock screen set as 'swipe' after the initial showing now I don't have a lock screen. Pressing the power button goes straight in to the OS.
Are you using the Wake gestures application? If so, there is an option in there that bypasses the lock screen. Untoggle that option and then it should be fine (or any lockscreen related apps that you may have).

Is it possible someone pass me the kernel please?i tryed hellscore zen but i wanna go back to chromas kernel..thanks
As someone else suggested, just take the .img from the zip and flash it using Flashify or fastboot.
Or just simply re-flash the ROM zip again (dirty).

TheCelt

Mar 11, 2012
Chicago
After dirty flashing to the newest build, is anyone else seeing an issue where the home screen wallpaper reverts back to the "stock" wallpaper every time the screen turns off? Kind of a weird issue to pop up, but now, for whatever reason, I can't get my wallpaper to change and stay that way.

Yes, I see this. I'm on 8/06, verizon, Hells core b4-t1-M2 kernel with the old GAPPS (not the new TK GAPPS). When I dirty flash or reboot, the screen flashes the stock wallpaper for a moment and then is gone. I have seen this on the last few builds when I dirty flash....... however, it has been a long while since I did a clean flash. I figured I would try a clean install with the new GAPPS to see if it went away.

Mao04

Jan 17, 2012
Mainly I just wanted to know whether or not Project Fi works out of the box or not. I actually got my Project Fi invite this week and made a order of it today so it should be coming in next week although I'm not sure whether or not I will activate it unless something is really wrong with Fi + Chroma

I had no idea that it was actually free of charge until it is activated until @Franzie3 told me about it.

So all you need is Google Dialer for Fi and then it works? I'm not sure about wifi calling and all of that so if you can look into that, that'd be very helpful.

As I stated earlier here; http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=62166793

I can't get WiFi calling working, even with the Google dialer, but the Fi mobile network shows up and works fine even without the Google dialer.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts