[ROM][N6][6.0.1_r62][MTC20F] Chroma 08/02/2016 | Substratum Support

Search This thread

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
I don't know what problem you guys are having but if you're having problems then do a CLEAN INSTALLATION of the ROM.

Questions goes to the Q&A thread.
The additional layer commit has nothing to do with making your phone reboot. All it does is change the appearance of the theme and makes it a variable instead of a hard-coded style.
Find a bug? Do a proper bug report as indicated in the FAQ.

sruel3216

Nov 9, 2010
FEATURE REQUEST...I think this would work very well to the volume rocker skip track mod...

I find myself so many times accidentally switching songs when i go to put my phone in my pocket. my thumb almost always hits the button and skips at track when i do not mean to.

I think if you could set the volume rocker track switch from hold to a button press once then hold, it would be much better.

ProRules

Jun 16, 2015
Iv'e got 2 quick qustions:
Is the kernel Hellsgod?
And the second question is kind of a problem - I downloaded kernel adiutor, and when i try to change maximum cpu freq to 2.6 ghz which is stock, it jumps back to 1.7GHZ.
Seems like its stuck at 1.7ghz no matter what, Im using MPDecision by the way.
Thanks!

LGtMgG2t

Nov 4, 2014
Louisville
Iv'e got 2 quick qustions:
Is the kernel Hellsgod?
And the second question is kind of a problem - I downloaded kernel adiutor, and when i try to change maximum cpu freq to 2.6 ghz which is stock, it jumps back to 1.7GHZ.
Seems like its stuck at 1.7ghz no matter what, Im using MPDecision by the way.
Thanks!
What is you battery level? Seems Hellscore will lock the max at 2246 once it drops below a certain battery level. Not sure this kernel is based on HC though.

Reactions: ProRules

lazsosz

Jan 1, 2009
Can't mount storage

I tried to flash Chroma over Benzo rom. I did factory reset, then I flash via otg-storage from USB stick. I have rom, but I have E:/can't mount storage message if I would flash anything. I tried to reflash TWRP, rom, anything. What can I do?

My Nexus 6 is able to boot, but it is not the whole rom, part rom...

HipKat

Recognized Contributor
I tried to flash Chroma over Benzo rom. I did factory reset, then I flash via otg-storage from USB stick. I have rom, but I have E:/can't mount storage message if I would flash anything. I tried to reflash TWRP, rom, anything. What can I do?

My Nexus 6 is able to boot, but it is not the whole rom, part rom...

If you can't wipe everything except storage and flash the ROM from scratch, your sure fire fix is to flash Stock with Wug's and start over

captemo

Jan 13, 2012
Kentucky
If you can't wipe everything except storage and flash the ROM from scratch, your sure fire fix is to flash Stock with Wug's and start over

I just noticed your signature, maybe you haven't updated it.....when was the last time you updated your TWRP?
its pretty outdated if you are still running 2.8.6.0......newest is 2.8.7.1

Just a thought?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Free mobile app

lazsosz

Jan 1, 2009

Thank you! I will try with wug. Everythink is working, but "can't mount message, and I cannot flash with wipe...

Do I check "device is on/normal"?

Spaded21

May 10, 2011
Manhattan, IL
I am on the latest build of Chroma with T-mobile. I have wifi called enabled but cellular preferred. I have been using Textra exclusively since installing Chroma and never had an issue sending or receiving an MMS. I have never changed anything with APNs or anything else to make it work.

Today I tried uninstalling Textra to give Google Messenger a shot, mostly for better compatibility with Pushbullet. I found with Messenger I could not send MMS. I tired the fixes mentioned in this thread like adding port 80 and manually creating the APNs and rebooting, but couldn't get it to work. Switched back to Textra and they sent fine. just sharing my experience, I don't know if it's useful to anyone but maybe it will help.

maigre

Aug 9, 2012
I'm new to Chroma, clean flashed with the 8-14 version, as of about a week ago. All had been great, including, for awhile, my dirty flash to 8-24. A few hours ago, while sitting in a meeting, my pocket started to get warm. So I pulled out my phone and saw that it had spontaneously rebooted into a bootloop. Add another to the list. I've run stock Chroma other than having installed Viper4Android and with permissive SELinux. In Kernel Adiutor, I've adjusted color and made the CPU governor interactive. No Layers. And I turned off the screenshot gesture after having read of issues with that here.

I restored a three day old Nandroid and I'm up and running again.

I'd intended to try different ROMs every few days, but was happy with this one and will stick with it for awhile.

Last edited:

Lunarskye23

Mar 25, 2012
Hey zephik and anyone else needing to know if Chroma works with project fi, just wanted to give an update.

I'm on the latest build of Chroma 8/24. I downloaded the project fi and Google connectivity services app prior to switching my sim card from T-Mobile to fi. Everything went pretty smooth....it prompted me in the fi app what to do and what the status was. I was up and running in about 15 minutes. Text seem to work right away, but calling took about 12 hours to activate (I'm guessing cause they were porting my number). So far so good.

One thing that I couldn't get to work was MMS in textra, which kind of sucks cause I like textra. Its not a chroma issue as there are several forums about it not working. Google message app seems to work fine, so I'll use that until there's a fix for textra. One thing I noticed is you lose the ability to see or modify your APN under mobile networks. Unless that's new to chroma, I guess Google doesn't want you to mess with that.

Anyhow just wanted to give an update and my experience with chroma and switching to fi. Thanks zeph.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: grv00711

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone