[ROM][N6][6.0.1_r62][MTC20F] Chroma 08/02/2016 | Substratum Support

Search This thread

lazsosz

Jan 1, 2009
Can't mount storage

After some hard work. I flash back to stock with WUG (Thanks to HipKat). Because of the can't mount storage issue, system.img can not start flash normally. Finally I did. Root, TWRP, clean install chroma, automatic backup of my apps. Started to change kayboard, nexus 6 started to reboot. Bootlop. My mobile did it 3 times, then I flashed back to Benzo rom, without any problem.
What can I do if I would flash Chroma? What is my mistake?

NotATreoFan

Senior Moderator / Developer & Moderator Committee
Staff member
Jul 12, 2006
The Interwebs
twitch.tv
After some hard work. I flash back to stock with WUG (Thanks to HipKat). Because of the can't mount storage issue, system.img can not start flash normally. Finally I did. Root, TWRP, clean install chroma, automatic backup of my apps. Started to change kayboard, nexus 6 started to reboot. Bootlop. My mobile did it 3 times, then I flashed back to Benzo rom, without any problem.
What can I do if I would flash Chroma? What is my mistake?

I have a rather long post quite awhile back in the thread that should help you. First off, don't use a toolkit. Do the work yourself to guarantee success.

It will take around an hour or so to get through the steps, but it will fix the lingering issues you're running into.

Reactions: lazsosz

githyanki

Mar 11, 2009
Edmonton
Wrong answer. It's a modified version of Hells. They don't necessarily know what modifications have been done. The question is fine here... Well sort of. Should be in the QA thread.

From changelog:
Rebased off hellscore zen b10 test3 instead of mako to workaround core3 problem
kgsl patches from caf
ext4 from upstream
blk-throttle from mainline
mmc/block stuff from caf
reverted wi-fi driver to a more stable state

Since zephik has mentioned nothing about f2fs, it would be best to look in Hells-Core page for that info. I was curious, so I looked there and found that it does not support it, and they say there are no plans to do so.

ttabbal

Jul 1, 2009
Hi @zephiK, is your kernel support f2fs as well ?
Thx

According to /proc/filesystems, yes, kernel support is there. If the init will mount it at boot, I don't know and I'm too lazy to check. Usually, if a kernel has support added there, init is updated to support it as well though.

Frankly, I see no point in it. I've run just about every FS Android supports. No significant difference in daily use for most of them. Some are a bit faster for read, some for write, some are completely unsafe and lose data if your device crashes, runs out of battery, etc.. I've been screwing with filesystems and kernels since the G1, and have yet to find one that's really a big improvement over ext4 for our uses. Other than a few really bad ones like the stock one from the Samsung Vibrant. Just about anything worked better than that trash.

Reactions: farahzadfarahzad
Oct 12, 2013
I am getting the same error on my 6 running 5.1 LMY47D. I talked with support and they said my sim is bad? New one will be here tomorrow.

Just got my new SIM. Still won't activate on account of Code: T031 which I believe is related to my phone being rooted. May just flash the factory images and unroot so I can use Fi.

Lunarskye23

Mar 25, 2012
Just got my new SIM. Still won't activate on account of Code: T031 which I believe is related to my phone being rooted. May just flash the factory images and unroot so I can use Fi.

As long as you have the project Fi and google connectivity services apps installed idk why u would get that error. I had no issues. Hope you get it resolved.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Free mobile app

Oct 12, 2013
As long as you have the project Fi and google connectivity services apps installed idk why u would get that error. I had no issues. Hope you get it resolved.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Free mobile app

I have the Project Fi app and Google Connectivity Services installed. Any idea what else may cause it or what I should try to do?

Dec 26, 2014
Doubt I'll go to Fi but it's intriguing. Up to Zeph but it may be with creating a special Chroma for Fi thread since the Nexus 6 is the only device that works with Fi and Chroma being so popular. Just a thought.

rmanaka

Jul 15, 2005
Doubt I'll go to Fi but it's intriguing. Up to Zeph but it may be with creating a special Chroma for Fi thread since the Nexus 6 is the only device that works with Fi and Chroma being so popular. Just a thought.
I'd go for that! I've been a long time Verizon unlimited data user, but Vzw is getting ridiculously expensive and horridly restrictive. I am pretty disgusted that they won't fully support my 64GB Nexus that I paid full retail from Motorola. Because it's not a "Verizon" device I can't manage it (remote call forwarding, etc.) from the Vzw website.

I now get wireless reception at home if I am on the stock ROM...rooted of course! This is very important to me because I live in a geographically challenged area and get rather poor signals from all cell carriers even though I am surrounded by very good 4G XLTE signals.

I also travel quite a bit so the trifecta of T-Mo, Sprint and WiFi gives almost equivalent coverage to Vzw for me.

I would love to stay on Chroma and also jettison Verizon. All I would need is a WiFi calling on Fi Chroma!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2010
Well I've been on Chroma since the beginning and it's been flawless for me however the last couple builds haven't played nice with my Nexus 6. I've dirty flashed with every update with zero problems but with the 8-24 build I decided to do clean wipe and start fresh. It ran fine for 2 solid days then went into a bootloop today when I tried to switch my keyboard during an MMS message and I couldn't get it to boot normally. I restored my 8-14 backup and it booted up fine but now my WIFI has a hard time staying connected to anything and my Data signal is always dropping off. Anybody else having issues with the current builds? I have the three finger screenshot disabled btw.

slatejones

Apr 14, 2010
Alabama
I'm on the current build, and loving it... my carrier is VZW...
I have always dirty flashed chroma, and no issues, so with the 8/24 build I decided to clean flash since others were having some issues... well... after the clean flash, I was having some issues also... restored my backup, and dirty flashed to 8/24... its been a week and no issue at all, no lag, smooth as can be...
I haven't touched the swipe gesture settings, if that matters...
stock kernel... I have applied layers, and changed the soft keys to material... and chroma is running perfectly
just wanted to say thanks to zeph for all his hard work and this awesome rom

IntenseColor

Jan 18, 2012
Just wanted to say that I also got the bootloop when toggling rotation lock. This happened on a dirty and clean flash.
The device won't boot even after reflashing the ROM. Unfortunately the /sys/fs/pstore folder is empty so I can't provide the log file.

Last edited:

billybloxx

Jan 5, 2015
Great Neck, NY
Well I've been on Chroma since the beginning and it's been flawless for me however the last couple builds haven't played nice with my Nexus 6. I've dirty flashed with every update with zero problems but with the 8-24 build I decided to do clean wipe and start fresh. It ran fine for 2 solid days then went into a bootloop today when I tried to switch my keyboard during an MMS message and I couldn't get it to boot normally. I restored my 8-14 backup and it booted up fine but now my WIFI has a hard time staying connected to anything and my Data signal is always dropping off. Anybody else having issues with the current builds? I have the three finger screenshot disabled btw.

Nope no issues and I'm even running xposed

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone