• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[ROM][N6][6.0.1_r62][MTC20F] Chroma 08/02/2016 | Substratum Support

dxwilliams40

Mar 10, 2011
Savannah, GA
I'm on att, dirty flashed on top of every update since 3/31 and I am not seeing the issues that others are having. I run lean kernel and the timberwolf layers theme. No hiccups. ZephiK updates the rom every couple of days, so my suggestion is to wait and see if the update fixed the problem. Otherwise, run stock.

perceptualdoor

Jun 19, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
Free only updates the kernel and that's it.
Paid is everything else in the app (color profile, cpu control, gpu control, kernel settings, per app mode, etc)

No, not screenshots. Logs. There is a way to output logs in better battery stats. Have the app run for a interval of 12 hours.

This isn't a ROM problem, it's a battery app maintenance problem with your set up.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=MfAT8yLH

Holy schnikes, there we go.

naerok

Oct 3, 2011
@perceptualdoor

Some reason my reply got sent to the Q&A Thread, so re-posting here.

Hi. I'm a lurker but your post kind of triggered me so I took a look at your logs.
I'm no expert but here is what I did.. Maybe others can at least attempt to read their own battery logs with this mini-guide.

First, I looked at your "Other Usage"
Code:
Deep Sleep (): 8 h 56 m 22 s 76.7% 
Awake (): 2 h 42 m 59 s 23.3% 
Screen On (): 1 h 48 m 43 s
So it seems that your screen was on for 1 hour 48 minutes, but your phone was awake for almost an extra hour! :(

I looked at "Wakelocks"
Code:
ProximitySensorManager (Android System): 30 m 42 s Count:1454 4.4%
Biggest culprit is proximity sensor with 30 minutes - doesn't seem too abnormal.

I looked at "Kernel Wakelocks"
Code:
PowerManagerService.Display (): 1 h 49 m 45 s 
PowerManagerService.WakeLocks (): 1 h 6 m 30 s
Display service wakelock time seems similar to your "Screen On" time - seems normal
PowerManagerService WakeLock - seems weird.. so I googled "Powermanagerservice.wakelock"

The first result is from FAQ of betterbatterystats (http://asksven.github.io/BetterBatteryStats-Knowledge-Base/howto.html)
Code:
The PowerManagerService wakelock
This wakelock shows as a sum of the partial wakelocks on many phones. If this wakelock is #1 go to the Partial Wakelocks to find out more.
It seems you did not post your "Partial Wakelocks" but I took a look at your second wall of text.
I looked at "Alarms"
Code:
com.facebook.katana (): Wakeups: 207 (17.8 / h) Alarms: 71, Intent: com.facebook.push.mqtt.keepalive.KeepaliveManager. ACTION_INEXACT_ALARM.com.facebook.katana Alarms: 73, Intent: com.facebook.analytics.service.AnalyticsEventUploa der.ACTION_ALARM Alarms: 63
From above, it seems Facebook is waking up your device 17.8 times per hour - so I would check your facebook app settings.
I've never used Betterbatterystats so maybe there is a "Partial Wakelocks" section that may narrow it down.

I guess all I'm trying to say is that it may seem easy to just ask a question here and wait for someone to answer, but applying some logic, most questions can be researched and answered yourself :)
Not only do you get the answer this way, you learn a lot more and can hone your problem solving skills for future issues.

Have a great day~

Danvdh

Sep 5, 2012
Toronto, Canada
@perceptualdoor

It seems you did not post your "Partial Wakelocks" but I took a look at your second wall of text.
I looked at "Alarms"
Code:
com.facebook.katana (): Wakeups: 207 (17.8 / h) Alarms: 71, Intent: com.facebook.push.mqtt.keepalive.KeepaliveManager. ACTION_INEXACT_ALARM.com.facebook.katana Alarms: 73, Intent: com.facebook.analytics.service.AnalyticsEventUploa der.ACTION_ALARM Alarms: 63
From above, it seems Facebook is waking up your device 17.8 times per hour - so I would check your facebook app settings.
I've never used Betterbatterystats so maybe there is a "Partial Wakelocks" section that may narrow it down.
To counter this, get tinfoil for facebook from the market. 0 wake locks, no bugs and you can read/write messages and chat!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.danvelazco.fbwrapper&hl=en

no matter what settings you choose in the facebook official app, it WILL wakelock and drain battery and violate your privacy

Reactions: perceptualdoor

perceptualdoor

Jun 19, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
@perceptualdoor

Some reason my reply got sent to the Q&A Thread, so re-posting here.

Hi. I'm a lurker but your post kind of triggered me so I took a look at your logs.
I'm no expert but here is what I did.. Maybe others can at least attempt to read their own battery logs with this mini-guide.

First, I looked at your "Other Usage"
Code:
Deep Sleep (): 8 h 56 m 22 s 76.7% 
Awake (): 2 h 42 m 59 s 23.3% 
Screen On (): 1 h 48 m 43 s
So it seems that your screen was on for 1 hour 48 minutes, but your phone was awake for almost an extra hour! :(

I looked at "Wakelocks"
Code:
ProximitySensorManager (Android System): 30 m 42 s Count:1454 4.4%
Biggest culprit is proximity sensor with 30 minutes - doesn't seem too abnormal.

I looked at "Kernel Wakelocks"
Code:
PowerManagerService.Display (): 1 h 49 m 45 s 
PowerManagerService.WakeLocks (): 1 h 6 m 30 s
Display service wakelock time seems similar to your "Screen On" time - seems normal
PowerManagerService WakeLock - seems weird.. so I googled "Powermanagerservice.wakelock"

The first result is from FAQ of betterbatterystats (http://asksven.github.io/BetterBatteryStats-Knowledge-Base/howto.html)
Code:
The PowerManagerService wakelock
This wakelock shows as a sum of the partial wakelocks on many phones. If this wakelock is #1 go to the Partial Wakelocks to find out more.
I looked at "Alarms"
Code:

I guess all I'm trying to say is that it may seem easy to just ask a question here and wait for someone to answer, but applying some logic, most questions can be researched and answered yourself :)
Not only do you get the answer this way, you learn a lot more and can hone your problem solving skills for future issues.

Have a great day~
I agree with you, and I was able to come to all the same conclusions you did...but I have yet to see what is causing the device to awake an hr longer than SOT...

nixie2121

Mar 2, 2011
I find that my OK google detection is not working well at all on this version. It is very hit or miss and barely works with the screen off. Anyone else have an issue? Not sure what I can do to get it to work better?

perceptualdoor

Jun 19, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
The culprit here seems to be proximity sensor manager...anyone else have this issue or know a solution?

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

Facebook. It wakes your CPU without turning on your screen. Right? I'm not sure I understand what you're missing.
Why would Facebook run differently for me with this ROM vs another? I'm not using the app any differently than before...

erraggy

Dec 18, 2010
Los Angeles
robbie.robnrob.com
Why would Facebook run differently for me with this ROM vs another? I'm not using the app any differently than before...
I have no idea, but the data appeared to be pretty clear that Facebook is waking your device far too much. No one else is seeing this behavior. I cannot theorize what is different in your case. Was it your birthday? That tends to generate a crap-ton of Facebook activity.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

swamp2

Feb 4, 2005
San Diego
i can tell you this happens with stock as well. there is a pause issue. you need to almost long press the botton for it to confirm
It certainly doesn't for me. Dialing with or without waiting, with or without prompts being done and one or a long string of digits all work perfectly for me with VoLTE off. Basically nothing works with VoLTE turned on. I have no clue if this is a carrier, Chroma, kernel or AOSP problem at this point.

grinchyyy

May 10, 2011
Take a log cat, everybody says they get it but then doesn't produce a log cat to see why its force closing.

I understand you're willing to help but I don't know where the problem is. The code is 100% stock for the toggle. Something else must be caused it by it, my time is very limited on what I can do. I just don't like to be nagged about a problem, if I have the time I'll look into it. If not then, it'll be another time.

People want tiles, people want heads up, people want prevent accidental wake. I'm not being paid on a salary to do this, it's just annoying when I'm doing this as a hobby and keep being pressured by other people to prioritize their personal problems over what I want to focus on in a particular update. If you want to debug the problem further and find out is causing the problem, then the source code is there. It always has been there, feel free to look at it and see what can possibly cause the problem.

If you have a theory, I'm more than open to try it as well as compile personal builds for you to test but at this time, I certainly don't have the time to look into a particular group or person's problem. I stay respectful to people and I try my best to keep my composure with other people but I'm a full-time student, I have a life outside of XDA as well as studies to keep up with.

tl;dr.... happy developer not being pressured by others to fix a problem -> they'll enjoy more on working on the next update
not so happy developer -> produces sloppy work because he/she is not in a good mental state

maintaining a ROM is not a easy thing to do, especially for me because Chroma is becoming a bigger and bigger ROM by the day, its very difficult for me to stay on top of the forum thread nowadays. I reply to everybody whereas some of the other ROMs do not and to be honest, the past couple of pages have been pretty stressful on me. I get it, something doesn't work the way you want it to. No need to re-address or bump your problems.
Sorry zephiK, I think I'm the only one who asked for prevent accidental wake. No need to put it in, I'm fine using AcDisplay in place of Ambient Display.

One less thing to stress over! ? Enjoy your spring break

Sent from my Nexus 6

gbux

Apr 15, 2014
Riverdale NJ
so, when i get calls, the ringer doesnt go off. been going on for a while. speakers work just fine, moto 360 vibrates when i get a call, i get noise when i get a text, just not a call. obviously this is leading to a lot of missed calls. Any ideas how this could happen?