[ROM][N6][6.0.1_r62][MTC20F] Chroma 08/02/2016 | Substratum Support

Search This thread

dwang

Nov 23, 2008
Even with the brightness setting at max, it can be difficult to see the nexus 6 screen in bright sunlight.

The nexus 6 panel supports a high brightness mode that is brighter that the max brightness setting.

/sys/devices/virtual/graphics/fb0/hbm

Kernel adiutor already has a setting to enable and disable this but a quick setting toggle would make it really convenient to use this mode.

e1b70ed3ab98cd6049bef71c2252501d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wimmetje

Jan 13, 2008
Huawei P40
Great update!!
Dirty flashed it today and finally my unexplainable battery drain is gone.

I couldn't passed 3 hours SOT and 30h battery life with the 2 previous updates, I searched and tried for days but couldn't figure out where it came from.
I did a clean install once, but that didn't help either.

I am now on 2.5h SOT and 60% left so everything is back to normal thanks :thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: perceptualdoor

redsmith

Apr 11, 2011
Even with the brightness setting at max, it can be difficult to see the nexus 6 screen in bright sunlight.

The nexus 6 panel supports a high brightness mode that is brighter that the max brightness setting.

Kernel adiutor already has a setting to enable and disable this but a quick setting toggle would make it really convenient to use this mode.

MIND. BLOWN.

BTW, I found a way to make a "toggle" for that. Install kernel auditor and go to your widgets, then create a profile that includes the high brightness mode. It works great.

young0ne

Dec 18, 2008
Acworth, GA
Because that's just another thing I have to maintain with a N4, N5, N6, N7 2012, N7 2013, N10 thread.
N6 gets all of my love that's for sure.

A boot log could be helpful, I'd for sure need a user to be here and debug things with me until we have something working.
If you know a ROM with it working, then let me know as well and I'll compare with what I'm using versus theirs.

Ask and you shall receive Here is the log for you

also The rom I have no issues with the Volte on reboot is Euphoria-OS 1.1
oh one more thing I dont know if anyone mentioned it but you have two APN's in cellular

Attachments

• log--(Apr-25-2015)--(2h-09m-37s-PM).txt
    490.2 KB · Views: 4

emd2009

Jun 3, 2007

how do i turn on high brightness mode?

Last edited by a moderator:

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
The new 4/25 build is rock solid imo. Ran other builds and went back to stock because i am one of the few sprint users that was just having issues with networks and mms. Data wouldn't auto kick on after wifi, or mms was not sending or receiving or was minutes behind. I found that if u flash this zip directly after the rom (before kernels or gapps, although pretty sure u can flash it whenever its just better apns for sprint only) data is flawless no matter what and mms works great and is on time. I use the 8sms app because it provides even better mms experience. This is more just for sprint users i think or maybe most sprint users werent having the problems i was. But this fix worked for me. Rom is awesome though btw thanks!
Can you give me a screenshot (or the name) to the Sprint APN that you use? I used to use CM APN but switched to the N6 APN list because the CM APN kept defaulting T-Mobile users to MetroPCS APN instead of T-Mobile. I added a Sprint APN to the stock N6 APN list but I guess that wasn't enough?

I'll add the Sprint APN you use to the list so that you won't have any problems out of the box with Sprint.

I saw mention of smaller navbar icons, was there a fix to change DPI of navbar?
Fix incorrect sizes, it was meant for devices other than the N6.

Reactions: gg_99 and razrlover

perceptualdoor

Jun 19, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
Can you give me a screenshot (or the name) to the Sprint APN that you use? I used to use CM APN but switched to the N6 APN list because the CM APN kept defaulting T-Mobile users to MetroPCS APN instead of T-Mobile. I added a Sprint APN to the stock N6 APN list but I guess that wasn't enough?

I'll add the Sprint APN you use to the list so that you won't have any problems out of the box with Sprint.

Fix incorrect sizes, it was meant for devices other than the N6.
I apologize for sounding ignorant, but I'm not sure what you mean...there is a way to fix the size then? Here's a screen comparison:

7b096c523387ed8b1bc013bd8a6e26c0.jpg

micmars

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
Sorry for the quality of the photos I didn't know how to take or if was possible to take screen shots of those screens
First Notification screen

Lock screen after tapping
Looks like your theme is making that a bit dark as far as the text goes...what theme are you using?

And yeah, those are not easy to capture...for what it's worth, you caught it exactly right, and it's quite easy to see that which you're describing.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ahmarchi

Aug 20, 2008
Greensboro
Is anyone having MMS issues with att... Its a hit or miss sending and receiving most 99% of time its not working. Problems with textra, even with manual MMS and google messenger as well

Danvdh

Sep 5, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Is anyone having MMS issues with att... Its a hit or miss sending and receiving most 99% of time its not working. Problems with textra, even with manual MMS and google messenger as well

network issue, looking at github nothing that would effect mms was touched in Chroma, this in my opinion is a network error, It's Saturday during peak hours.

Imprezive13

May 14, 2012
Anyone having any call issues. Was on the phone yesterday. phone double vibrated ended the call. Then I couldn't receive or dial out without the phone ended the call by itself. Has anyone run into this issue ? I couldn't get the phone to work again until I restarted.

Sent from my Nexus 6

metallized

Mar 25, 2008
dallas, tx
Anyway to get original themed messenger app... On mine, I can't differentiate between messages read or unread...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Free mobile app

Segnale007

Feb 24, 2010
Mexico City
twitter.com
Guys my Nexus 6 has returned behaving very laggy once again, and I know it's nothing to do with neither the rom nor the Franco kernel because I read countless of people on the Internet experiencing this with stock even.

Some have said that the system encryption is the issue, is it true?

Anybody faced the same issue before and saw actual benefits in terms of performance by unencrypting the system?

I mean I have owned a Nexus 5 for almost two years and I have never experienced anything like this. This is totally unacceptable.

Thanks and I apologise for the off-topic.

Top Liked Posts