[ROM][N910C/H] [7.X][UNOFFICIAL]LineageOS/CyanogenMod 14.1

Search This thread

mouhaboo

Aug 27, 2013
Damascus
You could try opening a thread on the Exynos forums and see if you can get anything. Actually there is a developer who is working on a nougat port as of right now. I hope for him the best since many devs have tried to tackle down porting it but either gave up or didn't say anything.

any news regarding Nougat? if not we have to open a thread for this rom on the exynos development section, I think we might get some help if we do it. I have no idea about rules or posting, is it ok to open a thread for this rom?

SaschaHa

Oct 3, 2008
I think, it's time to realize that our device is almost dead. There are only a few developers who are working on updates, based on other device's firmwares that are not created for 32 bit devices. The Note 4 is the device, that got the worst software support by Samsung until now. And it's the last and almost only device by Samsung, which runs 32 bit software on a native (but disabled) 64 bit hardware. The battery time and sot will never become good, the framework issues will never get fixed and the performance will never become as good as new devices. Maybe it's time to update to a new device... it's sad, because it has a lot of potential, but Samsung don't want us to get use of it.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N930F mit Tapatalk

chaundb

Apr 7, 2015
I think, it's time to realize that our device is almost dead. There are only a few developers who are working on updates, based on other device's firmwares that are not created for 32 bit devices. The Note 4 is the device, that got the worst software support by Samsung until now. And it's the last and almost only device by Samsung, which runs 32 bit software on a native (but disabled) 64 bit hardware. The battery time and sot will never become good, the framework issues will never get fixed and the performance will never become as good as new devices. Maybe it's time to update to a new device... it's sad, because it has a lot of potential, but Samsung don't want us to get use of it.

You are very right. I think this thread should be closed by now. Its going onto 2 years with no solid update. We have seen 3 Galaxy Note Models since.

Menelkir

Jul 30, 2010
Porto Alegre
menelkir.itroll.org
You are very right. I think this thread should be closed by now. Its going onto 2 years with no solid update. We have seen 3 Galaxy Note Models since.

The main problem is that there's not a single developer working on it. Without developers we can't expect an update on that. Solving problems with frameworks is just a matter of effort, I see this happening with p601, for example.

Reactions: RetroSpect_17

EmvAized

Jan 12, 2014

Talk for yourself. There are people like me who still thinks that Note 4 is the best phone ever and who is waiting for the normal-working Nougat for Exynos.

upan-DEV

Feb 26, 2015
you can do it

any news regarding Nougat? if not we have to open a thread for this rom on the exynos development section, I think we might get some help if we do it. I have no idea about rules or posting, is it ok to open a thread for this rom?

i already got message from ericwill since mounth ago.. and he already sell this phone. then he agree if i update this rom . so if you want to continue this thread isso fine.. but dont forget to thanks for erickwill for openingthis thread. .
maybe you can help us for our expectation in note 4 exynoss. we will support you

thanks

Menelkir

Jul 30, 2010
Porto Alegre
menelkir.itroll.org
i already got message from ericwill since mounth ago.. and he already sell this phone. then he agree if i update this rom . so if you want to continue this thread isso fine.. but dont forget to thanks for erickwill for openingthis thread. .
maybe you can help us for our expectation in note 4 exynoss. we will support you

thanks

I have an idea that will be more attractive for development and still inside the xda rules:

1) Create a repo in github or gitlabs with source, blobs and fixes you'll probably have/had.
2) Create a mini howto on how compile the stuff (even if there's a lot of things to do).
3) Make an alpha build, even if there's some things that doesn't work, it'll be a start and some people will be able to do at least a alpha testing (there's people that doesn't use simcard, fingerprint scanner, etc).

This will be a great start (if not greater than this one), I know people that will be able to help and some repositories that can be used too (S2 have the same processor and have a lineage one working, so parts can be used).
And you also can count me in to help. :)

upan-DEV

Feb 26, 2015
many user in this exynos device always waiting for it.. and agree to testing your alpha build.
everything you do we still waiting and never gave up until no ..

the S2 has same proscessor and have any rom of nougat rom. i see the thread also have oreo rom .
so ? what you want make ? oreo or nougat?

Charmandrigo

Apr 4, 2014
many user in this exynos device always waiting for it.. and agree to testing your alpha build.
everything you do we still waiting and never gave up until no ..

the S2 has same proscessor and have any rom of nougat rom. i see the thread also have oreo rom .
so ? what you want make ? oreo or nougat?
Actually some dev managed to port the Tab S2 rom on the Note 4, but it needed a lot of work since it had the tablet layout and apparently the sim wasn't working too.

Others said ElectronTeam (the guys behind Ditto Note 7 rom) is already working on porting nougat on the note 4

ananjaser1211

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
  • May 11, 2012
    Dubai
    www.youtube.com
    Guys, since there seems to be alot of misinformation and misconception around Note 4 exynos threads. regarding Nougat mainly.

When it comes to AOSP, the sources are here provided by erick , any experienced AOSP developer can continue his work (Not me im against aosp) But without developers you cant expect the thread to suddenly get updated.

2nd Nougat would be TouchWiz, which in my opinion should be forgotten about until some miracle happens, So far 3 teams booted it (Nemesis , Electron and our team) But the Simcard issue remains , no one wants a rom without a simcard. and with no longer any devs left running on N4 i think its bad to just keep pumping hopes that TAB S2 will be the save an grace, we dont have the same modem chip (not even close) .instead i think we should find help from other experienced Exynos AOSP developers to maybe get someone with a passion to build AOSP on his feet, there is alot of good tutorials on how to compile aosp, half the work was already done by erick. so for those who constantly nag on this thread maybe you should start researching and become the next AOSP maintainer. because no devs = no roms

JusTReaLisT

Oct 26, 2014
    Saratov
    Guys, since there seems to be alot of misinformation and misconception around Note 4 exynos threads. regarding Nougat mainly.

When it comes to AOSP, the sources are here provided by erick , any experienced AOSP developer can continue his work (Not me im against aosp) But without developers you cant expect the thread to suddenly get updated.

2nd Nougat would be TouchWiz, which in my opinion should be forgotten about until some miracle happens, So far 3 teams booted it (Nemesis , Electron and our team) But the Simcard issue remains , no one wants a rom without a simcard. and with no longer any devs left running on N4 i think its bad to just keep pumping hopes that TAB S2 will be the save an grace, we dont have the same modem chip (not even close) .instead i think we should find help from other experienced Exynos AOSP developers to maybe get someone with a passion to build AOSP on his feet, there is alot of good tutorials on how to compile aosp, half the work was already done by erick. so for those who constantly nag on this thread maybe you should start researching and become the next AOSP maintainer. because no devs = no roms

Maybe @KMXSLR can help us? He booted oreo and just fixed RIL for his a3 2016.

Menelkir

Jul 30, 2010
    Porto Alegre
    menelkir.itroll.org

What device have a compatible modem of Note4?
    I know it's not a good thing to ask that here but, do you have an alpha of your rom?

ananjaser1211

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
  • May 11, 2012
    Dubai
    www.youtube.com
    What device have a compatible modem of Note4?
    I know it's not a good thing to ask that here but, do you have an alpha of your rom?

For obvious reasons my Rom stays with me until someone can actually contribute to change its status, A700F has similar modem

Ericsson Thor M7450/M7400 Modem

Ive attached a pic of the current status of the rom (approx 1 month old) No RIL and for any people who have doubts.

https://imgur.com/a/SeUbW

For those who will Inbox asking for a "TEST ROM" Unless you can contribute then dont bother.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      62.1 KB · Views: 553
    Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode