[Rom][N910F][BOD2][TW]Project N4 B1.1[09/05/2015]

Search This thread

patensas

Jun 24, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 10
OPPO Find X2 Pro
Project_N4_Header.png

A big hello to everyone seems to be the right words to start with.

A couple of weeks ago i've decided to say goodbye to HTC after many years and got my hands on a Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Running around with a stock version felt bad so i've started flashing custom roms within 2 hours after unboxing it. After flashing many of the custom roms i started working on a pesonal rom and started off with the DevBase by ALEXNDR and went on until i had a stable deodexed version with just those tiny changes to make my day. Now i think it's time to share the rom and find out what all of you think about it. Don`t forget i`m new to the world of Samsung and learning every single day, don`t expect high class development at first, it will get better as we roll.

Main goal of this thread and rom is to create a smooth and most of all stable rom that is friendly towards the battery, there's enought higly developed roms out there for those that seek all the extra`s for their daily driver. I will start providing flashable zips containing fixes, mods and add-ons once i get to know my way around the N4 and Samsungs way of buiding their roms.

Please read all the info posted in this thread before flashing! Make sure you know what you're doing just to be on the safe side. Before posting anything i have tested and flashed it many times but this doesn`t mean there is no risk involved in flashing my work. I'm not responsible for bricked devices or other issues you may face after flashing my work! Keep this in mind when you decide to flash anything provided in this thread.

Project_N4_Changelogs.png

Changelog between ALEXANDR's DevBase BOD2 and Project N4 B1.1:
- Fully Deodexed
- Added 5 way Reboot options
- pushed device overall volume a little less compared to B1.0
- Added Modded Camera
- Added Modded Telecom.apk removing ascending ringtone volume
- Cleaned the app list without loosing functionality
- Added Latest AdBlocking hosts file
- Added Memory Leak Fix ( thanks to robocik )

Note:
You'll need the latest modem and bootloader files to run this rom, if you`re running the wrong versions you`ll end up in a bootloop! The proper modem and bootloader files can be found in the download folder along with the Rom zip. I trust you all know how to use Odin in order to flash them :eek:

Changelog between ALEXANDR's DevBase BOC5 and Project N4 B1.0:
- Fully Deodexed
- pushed device overall volume

Project_N4_Bugs.png
None as far as i know, so please share if you find one.

Project_N4_Installation.png
Always make sure you're running latest bootloader and modem before flashing this rom to prevent bootloop.
Also make sure you're running latest TWRP of CWM recovery.
Download the rom zip file and check MD5 checksum.
Copy the rom zip file to your (ext.) storage.
Reboot in to recovery and flash the rom zip file.
When flashing is done reboot your device and wait patiently untill the boot finishes ( This can take a while ).

When you're on stock before flashing this no wipe is needed for a safe flash, if you're running a different rom
or when you do run in to trouble a wipe in recovery will save your day,

Project_N4_Credits.png

@Chainfire
@_alexndr
@amarullz
@svadev
@_riddle
@JustArchi
@robocik
@LeeDroid just for being my friend, tutor and master in development.
@The Great Dane for becomming my friend and putting up with me even in the darkers hours. Thank you for seeing the things the way i see them and backing me up in times of need!

Since this is based on ALEXANDR DevBase all additional options also go for this rom. Visit his thread and thank him for his hard work! Below i copy/pasted the additional features ( i know i`m lazy ) hoping he won`t mind. Please let me know if you do mind my lazyness so i can remove the text below.

Additional info that comes with this ALEXNDR.N910FXXU1BOC5 based rom:

1. Base:
- Multi CSC (list of natively supported CSC as above) (*)
- Removed KNOX (apps, agent, container, etc..)
- Rooted (SuperSU 2.46 app + binary), BusyBox 1.23.1
- Odexed (original, untouched framework & apps)
- All original features are present and works
- Able to write to extSdCard by all applications
- No visual changes (100% stock look)
- Stock kernel
- Safe De-Bloated (more info below)What does it mean and why is it called "safe"?

- ONLY apps available in stores are removed from DevBase, so you can easy (re)install any of these app if you like
- ONLY pre-installed system apps are removed, DevBase installer never touch any updated app nor app installed manually from store

Thus, the following conclusions can be drawn:

1. If you install my DevBase directly over stock ROM without performing "Wipe data" - in most cases almost all these apps will remain untouched, because almost all apps have been updated already (stored on /data). But then you will be able to remove any useless app using the "Application manager", like any other app. Removed manually app will not appear again until you use my DevBase while updating.

2. If you perform "Wipe data" while installing my DevBase - then all apps listed below will be removed. If you would like to use any of these apps - just install it manually from appropriate store. Installed manually app will not be removed during the next DevBase update.

Removed apps list:

Chrome
Drive
Dropbox
Evernote
Facebook
FB Messenger
FB Pages Manager
Flipboard
Google+ / Photos
Hangouts
Instagram
PEN.UP
Play Books
Play Games
Play Movies
Play Music
Play Newsstand
Smart Remote
WhatsApp

2. Init.d Support (*):
- Init.d support without need of use custom kernel (details)

3. CscFeature MOD (*) (enabled some built-in, hidden features):
- Added shutter sound menu in Camera
- Sending/receiving MMS without data on
- Added "Exit Internet" option to stock browser
- Added call button in Phone Logs
- Added "Call/Message block" option in Settings
- Added symbols as secondary keys in Samsung keyboard
- Call Recording (manual control, added "Record" button)

(*) - these options can be controlled by editing options.prop file (you can find such file in ZIP's root directory). Just place modified options.prop file (use e.g. Notepad++ to edit) in the root directory of internal emulated scdard (/data/media/0) or extSdCard (recommended if you plan to format internal emulated sdcard) and then start the installation.

Footnote:
After being around in the HTC corners of XDA it`s very nice to find out how kind the developers are within the Note 4 section of our beloved forums! Didn`t expect to meet so many nice people after having my share of "*****fights" in the HTC section. I do hope to make some new friends on this side, and will never forget the few friends that sticked with me in the HTC section.

Last edited:

patensas

Jun 24, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 10
OPPO Find X2 Pro
Project_N4_Downloads.png

Project N4 B1.1 09/05/2015
Mega Mirror
AndroidFileHost
MD5 Checksum:
bb79a14fcce5bf5b9fefaf5ed6ce89b0

BL_N910FXXU1BOD2.tar.md5
AndroidFileHost
MD5 Checksum:
a06f4af5690f4d4526c8d8d5f537a241

CP_N910FXXU1BOC3.tar.md5
AndroidFileHost
MD5 Checksum:
07ffb12dc56a314dc80ce2d6257f1978

CP_N910FXXU1BOC4.tar.md5
AndroidFileHost
MD5 Checksum:
a3ed473c05ac2c0c90acad9bafe339c4

Project N4 B1.0 07/05/2015
Mega Mirror
AndroidFileHost
MD5 Checksum:
39a39b1c99b323d6f54e160282a50ee0

Always check MD5 Checksum when you decide to flash the rom! Damaged or incomplete files can (soft) brick your phone!
WinMD5Free is a tiny and fast utility to compute MD5 hash value for files. Download WinMD5 and use it before flashing.

Downloads for latest bootloader / Modem / Kernel files and how-to can be found here. All credits go to @_alexndr so make sure to push the button and say thank you!​

Last edited:

patensas

Jun 24, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 10
OPPO Find X2 Pro
Flashable zips and add-ons:

N910F Project N4 B1.1 flashable zips
N910F_Project_N4_B1.1_Video_Add-on.zip AFH Download
N910F_Project_N4_B1.1_3Minit_Bat_Mod ( Thanks to Robocik for reaching out ) AFH Download
N910F_BOD2_Moderate_Audio_Mod ( lower the system wide volume in rom a bit ) AFH Mirror
N910F_BOD2_Stock_Audio_Mod_C2S ( lower the system wide volume close 2 stock ) AFH Mirror

N910F Project_N4_FB_Chat_Enabler.zip
Restore the chat option within Facebook App without the need of seperate Messenger App.
AndroidFileHost Download

Last edited:

iz1pp0

Jan 5, 2014
Málaga
Thanks for your great job!
Could you please add volume buttons skip tracks function?
I think that would be amazing, nobody did it until now and it's something very useful.
Cheers.

patensas

Jun 24, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 10
OPPO Find X2 Pro
I think that would be amazing, nobody did it until now and it's something very useful.
Cheers.

I will do my best, if this was a request on the one M8 or M9 it would be no problem at all, being new to Samsung means i have to find my way around so no promises.

patensas

Jun 24, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 10
OPPO Find X2 Pro
24h now with the rom so can I say it's fast no bugs the battery live for me it's enough. I just want some ui themes now. I go try make some themes :)

Thanks for your feedback, i`m glad it worked out for you.

Currently uploading the latest BOD2 based version, guess i should have waited one day before going public. If Samsung stays away from another update in the near future i will find some time to start working on flashable MOD zips.

Edit:
OP updated with latest BOD2 based rom, enjoy ;)

Last edited:

elvishot0017

Jul 14, 2009
themes

thx for the smooth and fast rom great work.

i would be glad to to choose a theme. if you can intergrated in thies rom that will be the best.

thx and regards

Reactions: patensas

patensas

Jun 24, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 10
OPPO Find X2 Pro
thx for the smooth and fast rom great work.

i would be glad to to choose a theme. if you can intergrated in thies rom that will be the best.

thx and regards
I will provide flash able mods in the next few days when the rom turns out bug free and stable. I will also enable the theme settings for those that want it. Thanks for the feedback [emoji106]

elvishot0017

Jul 14, 2009
thx for the super fast answer.
i got the preview rom and now i would like to istall the b1.1, so but which cp should i install?
i install the bl bod2 and i got the bootloop?

thx again

i got it thx it is the boc4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Project_N4_Header.png

A big hello to everyone seems to be the right words to start with.

A couple of weeks ago i've decided to say goodbye to HTC after many years and got my hands on a Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Running around with a stock version felt bad so i've started flashing custom roms within 2 hours after unboxing it. After flashing many of the custom roms i started working on a pesonal rom and started off with the DevBase by ALEXNDR and went on until i had a stable deodexed version with just those tiny changes to make my day. Now i think it's time to share the rom and find out what all of you think about it. Don`t forget i`m new to the world of Samsung and learning every single day, don`t expect high class development at first, it will get better as we roll.

Main goal of this thread and rom is to create a smooth and most of all stable rom that is friendly towards the battery, there's enought higly developed roms out there for those that seek all the extra`s for their daily driver. I will start providing flashable zips containing fixes, mods and add-ons once i get to know my way around the N4 and Samsungs way of buiding their roms.

Please read all the info posted in this thread before flashing! Make sure you know what you're doing just to be on the safe side. Before posting anything i have tested and flashed it many times but this doesn`t mean there is no risk involved in flashing my work. I'm not responsible for bricked devices or other issues you may face after flashing my work! Keep this in mind when you decide to flash anything provided in this thread.

Project_N4_Changelogs.png

Changelog between ALEXANDR's DevBase BOD2 and Project N4 B1.1:
    - Fully Deodexed
    - pushed device overall volume a little less compared to B1.0
    - Added Modded Camera
    - Added Modded Telecom.apk removing ascending ringtone volume

Note:
    You'll need the latest modem and bootloader files to run this rom, if you`re running the wrong versions you`ll end up in a bootloop! The proper modem and bootloader files can be found in the download folder along with the Rom zip. I trust you all know how to use Odin in order to flash them :eek:

Changelog between ALEXANDR's DevBase BOC5 and Project N4 B1.0:
    - Fully Deodexed
    - pushed device overall volume

Project_N4_Bugs.png
    None as far as i know, so please share if you find one.

Project_N4_Installation.png
    Always make sure you're running latest bootloader and modem before flashing this rom to prevent bootloop.
    Also make sure you're running latest TWRP of CWM recovery.
    Download the rom zip file and check MD5 checksum.
    Copy the rom zip file to your (ext.) storage.
    Reboot in to recovery and flash the rom zip file.
    When flashing is done reboot your device and wait patiently untill the boot finishes ( This can take a while ).

When you're on stock before flashing this no wipe is needed for a safe flash, if you're running a different rom
    or when you do run in to trouble a wipe in recovery will save your day,

Project_N4_Credits.png

@Chainfire
    @_alexndr
    @amarullz
    @svadev
    @_riddle
    @JustArchi
    @robocik
    @LeeDroid just for being my friend, tutor and master in development.
    @The Great Dane for becomming my friend and putting up with me even in the darkers hours. Thank you for seeing the things the way i see them and backing me up in times of need!

Since this is based on ALEXANDR DevBase all additional options also go for this rom. Visit his thread and thank him for his hard work! Below i copy/pasted the additional features ( i know i`m lazy ) hoping he won`t mind. Please let me know if you do mind my lazyness so i can remove the text below.

Additional info that comes with this ALEXNDR.N910FXXU1BOC5 based rom:

1. Base:
    - Multi CSC (list of natively supported CSC as above) (*)
    - Removed KNOX (apps, agent, container, etc..)
    - Rooted (SuperSU 2.46 app + binary), BusyBox 1.23.1
    - Odexed (original, untouched framework & apps)
    - All original features are present and works
    - Able to write to extSdCard by all applications
    - No visual changes (100% stock look)
    - Stock kernel
    - Safe De-Bloated (more info below)What does it mean and why is it called "safe"?

- ONLY apps available in stores are removed from DevBase, so you can easy (re)install any of these app if you like
    - ONLY pre-installed system apps are removed, DevBase installer never touch any updated app nor app installed manually from store

Thus, the following conclusions can be drawn:

1. If you install my DevBase directly over stock ROM without performing "Wipe data" - in most cases almost all these apps will remain untouched, because almost all apps have been updated already (stored on /data). But then you will be able to remove any useless app using the "Application manager", like any other app. Removed manually app will not appear again until you use my DevBase while updating.

2. If you perform "Wipe data" while installing my DevBase - then all apps listed below will be removed. If you would like to use any of these apps - just install it manually from appropriate store. Installed manually app will not be removed during the next DevBase update.

Removed apps list:

Chrome
    Drive
    Dropbox
    Evernote
    Facebook
    FB Messenger
    FB Pages Manager
    Flipboard
    Google+ / Photos
    Hangouts
    Instagram
    PEN.UP
    Play Books
    Play Games
    Play Movies
    Play Music
    Play Newsstand
    Smart Remote
    WhatsApp

2. Init.d Support (*):
    - Init.d support without need of use custom kernel (details)

3. CscFeature MOD (*) (enabled some built-in, hidden features):
    - Added shutter sound menu in Camera
    - Sending/receiving MMS without data on
    - Added "Exit Internet" option to stock browser
    - Added call button in Phone Logs
    - Added "Call/Message block" option in Settings
    - Added symbols as secondary keys in Samsung keyboard
    - Call Recording (manual control, added "Record" button)

(*) - these options can be controlled by editing options.prop file (you can find such file in ZIP's root directory). Just place modified options.prop file (use e.g. Notepad++ to edit) in the root directory of internal emulated scdard (/data/media/0) or extSdCard (recommended if you plan to format internal emulated sdcard) and then start the installation.

Footnote:
    After being around in the HTC corners of XDA it`s very nice to find out how kind the developers are within the Note 4 section of our beloved forums! Didn`t expect to meet so many nice people after having my share of "*****fights" in the HTC section. I do hope to make some new friends on this side, and will never forget the few friends that sticked with me in the HTC section.
    Project_N4_Downloads.png

Project N4 B1.1 09/05/2015
    Mega Mirror
    AndroidFileHost
    MD5 Checksum:
    bb79a14fcce5bf5b9fefaf5ed6ce89b0

BL_N910FXXU1BOD2.tar.md5
    AndroidFileHost
    MD5 Checksum:
    a06f4af5690f4d4526c8d8d5f537a241

CP_N910FXXU1BOC3.tar.md5
    AndroidFileHost
    MD5 Checksum:
    07ffb12dc56a314dc80ce2d6257f1978

CP_N910FXXU1BOC4.tar.md5
    AndroidFileHost
    MD5 Checksum:
    a3ed473c05ac2c0c90acad9bafe339c4

Project N4 B1.0 07/05/2015
    Mega Mirror
    AndroidFileHost
    MD5 Checksum:
    39a39b1c99b323d6f54e160282a50ee0

Always check MD5 Checksum when you decide to flash the rom! Damaged or incomplete files can (soft) brick your phone!
    WinMD5Free is a tiny and fast utility to compute MD5 hash value for files. Download WinMD5 and use it before flashing.

Downloads for latest bootloader / Modem / Kernel files and how-to can be found here. All credits go to @_alexndr so make sure to push the button and say thank you!​
    24h now with the rom so can I say it's fast no bugs the battery live for me it's enough. I just want some ui themes now. I go try make some themes :)

Thanks for your feedback, i`m glad it worked out for you.

Currently uploading the latest BOD2 based version, guess i should have waited one day before going public. If Samsung stays away from another update in the near future i will find some time to start working on flashable MOD zips.

Edit:
    OP updated with latest BOD2 based rom, enjoy ;)
    Got a message about the way XDA thinks about HTC Sense ports on different devices and don`t want to face a ban. Decided to delete the public posts and files which contain HTC Sense material. I`m sorry :(
    Cheers.

I will do my best, if this was a request on the one M8 or M9 it would be no problem at all, being new to Samsung means i have to find my way around so no promises.