[ROM][N910F] Unofficial CM-12.0 for 910F Note 4. (trltexx)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mih3y

Apr 26, 2010
London
There is. It's a general CM thing. Cm wakes up the keypad first and then the display. That's why you will see the two buttons below your display light up first and then the display. Stock does it the other way around, which to me makes more sense. I spent 3 weeks researching and fixing this for the S4 and when I had it all working they didnt want to merge my patch for some reason. So I'm not too eager to do that again ...

Thanks for the info! Its sad, as this is the only thing that really annoys me! This rom has to be faster that stock in everything lol :D

L

lilrowrow

Just wondering a couple of things i'm running your build of Cyanogenmod 12 on my SM-N910F (trltexx) but i noticed a few little things like the downloaded .zip file form the OP's website was cm-12-20150304-UNOFFICIAL-trltexx.zip bit upon installing and going to settings>about phone it says cm-12-201503"03"-UNOFFICIAL-trltexx.zip did the wrong build get uploaded by any chance?

whats the Dialer.apk file for on the OP's website? should i install it?

Last thing is i know that the "trltespr" "trltetmo" "trlteusc" are all on Cyanogenmod's official website but why isn't the "trltexx"? the build I'm on now is REALLY stable and i haven't ran into any bugs yet?

Anyway thanks for all your hard work guys! and to all that have worked on this build of Cyanogenmod :)
(Kinda new to this XDA thing although i have flashed many phone's and many ROM's in my time)

callum_88

Mar 30, 2009
Adelaide, Australia
Just wondering a couple of things i'm running your build of Cyanogenmod 12 on my SM-N910F (trltexx) but i noticed a few little things like the downloaded .zip file form the OP's website was cm-12-20150304-UNOFFICIAL-trltexx.zip bit upon installing and going to settings>about phone it says cm-12-201503"03"-UNOFFICIAL-trltexx.zip did the wrong build get uploaded by any chance?

whats the Dialer.apk file for on the OP's website? should i install it?

Last thing is i know that the "trltespr" "trltetmo" "trlteusc" are all on Cyanogenmod's official website but why isn't the "trltexx"? the build I'm on now is REALLY stable and i haven't ran into any bugs yet?

Anyway thanks for all your hard work guys! and to all that have worked on this build of Cyanogenmod :)
(Kinda new to this XDA thing although i have flashed many phone's and many ROM's in my time)

Not sure on that build issue.

The dialer.apk is for an old build I believe and it has been fixed since.

We are getting close to official nightlies, the code has been approved so just waiting on them to put it through I think.

Nicksilvers

Jan 14, 2011
London

DBDPCG

Nov 14, 2013
Hey guys I have this problem that I don't know if it's cm related or not. I use two batteries so I won't ever have to put my phone on charge but in the last version of cm ( the one that was designed for 910G , I have a 910G) after I swap the batteries percentage doesn't go to 100 , so now I've been on 1% for some hours now, any idea how can I fix it ? I'll attach a photo so you get what I mean. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910G using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1425525121457.jpg
    1425525121457.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 439

Walker Street

Nov 23, 2007
Current build not compatible with N910G

BTW I see the nightlies have been approved: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/90314/
Hoping this means we can use OTA update within 24 hours now :)

---------- Post added at 02:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 AM ----------

Hehe sorry mate but I'm really confused what you're doing exactly. You have a 910G right ? Then try that build that *I* posted today, not the one from pupax, let alone another rom like AICP. Don't edit anything, just make sure you are on TWRP for trltedt and you should be fine.

Hi,
I noticed that the latest daily build (...0304-UNOFFICIAL..) does not install on my N910G, because the updater-script only refers to trltexx. Will future builds have the updater-script updated for my device? Will the OTAs be updated for my device? Thanks again for all your hard work. :)
EDIT: I am used to deleting the first line of the updater-script, but am hoping this won't be necessary soon.
EDIT: The OTA 0305 did not work either .....

Last edited:

kylothow

Jan 3, 2014
Brescia
Do I have to do a clean install ? I just set up my phone 2 days ago. I am on latest unofficial nightly

It doesn't have big changes from unofficial builds, so you can just flash it.
If you want to be sure, do like I did: wipe dalvik cache, cache and system, then flash ROM and gapps. It'll take a while to boot after this, but everything works flawlessly :)

pppeterrr

Mar 21, 2009
congrats with the official :D

installed it. and got a bootloop, a strange one since it fully loads
shows up the homescreen, and reboots again.

let me clear some stuff now and retry

#cache and dalvik wipe did not help, today i dont have time to full wipe.
so flashed it back to pupax latest

# after flashing back to pupax, i got the theme provider stopped error.

# need to factroy reset i think, so there will be no signing issues

that worked, only the factory reset changed me back to pupax his build haha (good for now)

Last edited:

kdahri

Jan 10, 2007
Flashed the latest official,,
Only one major bug...
When applying a new them the phone has a boot-loop.. So, I restored the backup to get the phone working again..

pppeterrr

Mar 21, 2009
Flashed the latest official,,
Only one major bug...
When applying a new them the phone has a boot-loop.. So, I restored the backup to get the phone working again..

same here, but i thought it had to do with the dirty flash. So i wiped everything.
Then i placed my titanium backups back, and applied a theme, resulting in a bootloop.

Maybe just download the theme's again and then install them in the new build ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][N910F] Unofficial CM-12.0 for 910F Note 4. (trltexx)

CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

For weeks there has been a team effort initiated by Gekkehenkie11 to bring CyanogenMod to the N910F. Many test builds have been released in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4/general/rd-porting-cm12-t2951934 .

More and more users have asked for a ROM thread, to make releases more clear. Plus it's time to focus more on R&D in the R&D thread, and less on flash / usage issues. So here it is. The thread you've asked for.

Consider this the worst ROM thread in history. :)

This ROM would not have been possible without Slayher and Fattire! They have identified and solved a lot of the common trlte issues, and merged them back into the CM source. See their thread for more information about their work: http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4-tmobile/development/unoffcial-cm-12-0-t-mobile-note-4-t2964887 . We've picked up from there to modify everything for the N910F, rebase the work on the N910F kernel source, fix RIL issues, fix up missing blobs, tweaks, etc.

To quote Slayher:
    CM-12.0 is not ready. There are still massive changes of the code base as it progresses to add the already established features and enhancements.

There will be things broken.

More info will follow later.

Expect bugs, flash at your own peril. Make sure you wipe the device, even if you come from a previous build.

Enjoy!

P.s.
    This is all done on our free time. Take it or leave it. Don't expect support..... but we'll try our best to help you.

MOD EDIT -

The OP is no longer active but here are the latest builds, flash at your own risk.

Build 5th Feb...no need to flash blobs anymore.

new build up ! https://mega.co.nz/#!vQJlQL7Y!yIvuVFx85vQV1gdayQ9GmRt54Kq4tdx5C52BzDdO8b0
    NFC should work now without draining your battery ! And vibrator works again.

6th Feb

New build:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!CQ5EkbzR!qYs2bM0dDbWs6c1enWjFUy-J3qokvs2t64zjWj0wopI
    * GPS is fixed.
    * NFC works but either leave it always on or uninstall NFC: cause if you boot while NFC was off, it will drain battery during that session !
    * It may say 'no service' during some sessions, this is a known upstream bug at the moment, but doesn't seem to affect functionality at all

More changes here: http://www.cmxlog.com/12/trltetmo/

Enjoy !

Latest build 11th Feb

19th Feb -- Daily builds can be found HERE

Gapps - HERE

XDA:DevDB Information
    CM-12.0 for 910F Note 4, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
    Preaper, gekkehenkie11, slayher, fattire
    Source Code: http://github.com/jaapp

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2014-12-29
    Last Updated 2015-02-21
    My fist TRLTEEUR patch has been approved ! :) Hoping to have everything ready now in a few days so we can finally get on nightlies too :)
    finally flashed this ROM last night (been waiting for official nightlies but my impatience got the better of me).

Keep in mind that the 'official nightlies' are just our 910F repo being located on the CM server. So the difference in terms of code is none.

Anyway, still working on it, yesterday I managed to build the trlteeur repo (our device) for the first time ! I still had to do some steps manually though, working on that. Once it's building 100% automatically we can hand the repo over to Cyanogenmod and if they accept it, we'll have nightlies. Basically I'm waiting on Slayher to merge some stuff, once he's done that, I need to change some final stuff. But we're almost done now it seems :)

As usual, big thanks to @slayher and @fattire, we're lucky to have such dedicated and intelligent people on our side :)
    Me too, meanwhile CyanogenMod got a lot of commits and improvements and even the new boot logo...
    Hope next build will be coming soon, and official maybe :crossfingers:

I'm really busy these days, got a lot of stuff going on in both my professional as personal life. However I'm still planning to get us on nightlies soon. Today I started working on that, I compared binaries, libs etc from official 910T ROM to 910F ROM to find out which ones are different and if these differences are even relevant (quite often you'll see a different file but then the difference is only a compilation timestap so can be ignored). This is resulting in all blobs that are different from 910T. It turns out there are actually only just a few. That's the first step to setting up a 910F repo and thus the 1st step towards nightlies. Not sure how much time I have this weekend but I'll try to work on it.
    Apparently so.... can someone inform me (and potentially others as well) as to the progression of this ROM, is it still in development, or has it been canned?
    It runs fine, but has a few mishaps...

I'm working on setting an official 910F repo up. If that is done, we can get nightlies. @fattire helped me last weekend setting most of it up. At the moment I'm looking into the kernels, I'm comparing 910F to 910T kernel and analysing the differences to see if my idea that we can just use 910T kernel is right. Not done with my research yet but that's what I'm currently working on.

Hoping to wrap it all up this week so we can get on nightlies soon.