[ROM][N910F] Unofficial CM-12.0 for 910F Note 4. (trltexx)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

SGN4SD

Feb 13, 2015
I tried a dirty flash with this ontop of 20150213 and although it flashed and 'updated the apps' on boot it didn't actually boot properly, just stayed on the cm boot logo. Tried reflashing battery pull etc with no luck, had to reflash 20150213 again.
Than don't dirty flash

pupax

Nov 19, 2014
Galbiate
pupax.me
I tried a dirty flash with this ontop of 20150213 and although it flashed and 'updated the apps' on boot it didn't actually boot properly, just stayed on the cm boot logo. Tried reflashing battery pull etc with no luck, had to reflash 20150213 again.

I flashed it after doing a wipe without any problems. Maybe it's the dirty flash.

gekkehenkie11

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
So fast this. Must say, much faster than tw hihi. But what's wrong with the default root in this rom. Restored my tb fine. Not been following the whole thread. Is there a problem with the root? And witch super user duo you mean in play store. Chainfire?

Hehe. I remember you being not too positive about CM ? ;) Good to see you like it now ! About rooting, the ROM is rooted already, people just need to enable it in developer options (or leave it off). Some people didnt know that and start flashing their own rooting fixes and/or superSu when root in developer options was still set at off. All this causes problems.

SGN4SD

Feb 13, 2015
Hehe. I remember you being not too positive about CM ? ;) Good to see you like it now ! About rooting, the ROM is rooted already, people just need to enable it in developer options (or leave it off). Some people didnt know that and start flashing their own rooting fixes and/or superSu when root in developer options was still set at off. All this causes problems.
Well it happens yesterday, suddenly my tw lollipop started top lag a little in chrome browser and some other apps. I thought, **** an phone with this hardware shouldn't lag at all. So farewell tw, farewell perfect camera, farewell s note.

AX1HftN.png

And hello cm12!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: gekkehenkie11

Mike Blitz

Jan 7, 2008
When trying to install the build from the 11th I get the package is for a different device this device is trlte. The previus build on the 6th works fine though. Any reason?

SGN4SD

Feb 13, 2015
When trying to install the build from the 11th I get the package is for a different device this device is trlte. The previus build on the 6th works fine though. Any reason?

That is because the updater script is for T-Mobile and you probably flashing this with twrp. You can extract the rom and delete the the line get prop in script. Our flash this latest with fixed nfc. This one has no get prop check.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=58911134&postcount=1865

hyyuga

Apr 11, 2011
So you flashed super su via your recovery ? That's probably the key. It seems people seem to get problems that way. What you should do, in this order:
1) full wipe
2) flash cm12 + gapps
3) Boot. Then enable root in the developer options
4) install super su via the regular method, NOT via your recovery !

Well i did it exactly like this, but my installation keeps failing. I am on cm-12-20150217-UNOFFICIAL-trlteeur.zip from pupax site

SGN4SD

Feb 13, 2015
Can the root option be turned on by default prior to flashing the rom? Just a thought seeing as people have had an issue with it

Well i did it exactly like this, but my installation keeps failing. I am on cm-12-20150217-UNOFFICIAL-trlteeur.zip from pupax site
Why people want to change root. Default root is working perfect. Don't use super user from play store. Why do people make it harder for themself if it is not necessary

OctopussY

Dec 15, 2012

Same here, I tried to dirtyflash 20150218 over 20150213 and got stuck at the bootlogo.
I also deleted the 20150213 zip before flashing, so I had to wipe -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][N910F] Unofficial CM-12.0 for 910F Note 4. (trltexx)

CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

For weeks there has been a team effort initiated by Gekkehenkie11 to bring CyanogenMod to the N910F. Many test builds have been released in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4/general/rd-porting-cm12-t2951934 .

More and more users have asked for a ROM thread, to make releases more clear. Plus it's time to focus more on R&D in the R&D thread, and less on flash / usage issues. So here it is. The thread you've asked for.

Consider this the worst ROM thread in history. :)

This ROM would not have been possible without Slayher and Fattire! They have identified and solved a lot of the common trlte issues, and merged them back into the CM source. See their thread for more information about their work: http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4-tmobile/development/unoffcial-cm-12-0-t-mobile-note-4-t2964887 . We've picked up from there to modify everything for the N910F, rebase the work on the N910F kernel source, fix RIL issues, fix up missing blobs, tweaks, etc.

To quote Slayher:
    CM-12.0 is not ready. There are still massive changes of the code base as it progresses to add the already established features and enhancements.

There will be things broken.

More info will follow later.

Expect bugs, flash at your own peril. Make sure you wipe the device, even if you come from a previous build.

Enjoy!

P.s.
    This is all done on our free time. Take it or leave it. Don't expect support..... but we'll try our best to help you.

MOD EDIT -

The OP is no longer active but here are the latest builds, flash at your own risk.

Build 5th Feb...no need to flash blobs anymore.

new build up ! https://mega.co.nz/#!vQJlQL7Y!yIvuVFx85vQV1gdayQ9GmRt54Kq4tdx5C52BzDdO8b0
    NFC should work now without draining your battery ! And vibrator works again.

6th Feb

New build:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!CQ5EkbzR!qYs2bM0dDbWs6c1enWjFUy-J3qokvs2t64zjWj0wopI
    * GPS is fixed.
    * NFC works but either leave it always on or uninstall NFC: cause if you boot while NFC was off, it will drain battery during that session !
    * It may say 'no service' during some sessions, this is a known upstream bug at the moment, but doesn't seem to affect functionality at all

More changes here: http://www.cmxlog.com/12/trltetmo/

Enjoy !

Latest build 11th Feb

19th Feb -- Daily builds can be found HERE

Gapps - HERE

XDA:DevDB Information
    CM-12.0 for 910F Note 4, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
    Preaper, gekkehenkie11, slayher, fattire
    Source Code: http://github.com/jaapp

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2014-12-29
    Last Updated 2015-02-21
    My fist TRLTEEUR patch has been approved ! :) Hoping to have everything ready now in a few days so we can finally get on nightlies too :)
    finally flashed this ROM last night (been waiting for official nightlies but my impatience got the better of me).

Keep in mind that the 'official nightlies' are just our 910F repo being located on the CM server. So the difference in terms of code is none.

Anyway, still working on it, yesterday I managed to build the trlteeur repo (our device) for the first time ! I still had to do some steps manually though, working on that. Once it's building 100% automatically we can hand the repo over to Cyanogenmod and if they accept it, we'll have nightlies. Basically I'm waiting on Slayher to merge some stuff, once he's done that, I need to change some final stuff. But we're almost done now it seems :)

As usual, big thanks to @slayher and @fattire, we're lucky to have such dedicated and intelligent people on our side :)
    Me too, meanwhile CyanogenMod got a lot of commits and improvements and even the new boot logo...
    Hope next build will be coming soon, and official maybe :crossfingers:

I'm really busy these days, got a lot of stuff going on in both my professional as personal life. However I'm still planning to get us on nightlies soon. Today I started working on that, I compared binaries, libs etc from official 910T ROM to 910F ROM to find out which ones are different and if these differences are even relevant (quite often you'll see a different file but then the difference is only a compilation timestap so can be ignored). This is resulting in all blobs that are different from 910T. It turns out there are actually only just a few. That's the first step to setting up a 910F repo and thus the 1st step towards nightlies. Not sure how much time I have this weekend but I'll try to work on it.
    Apparently so.... can someone inform me (and potentially others as well) as to the progression of this ROM, is it still in development, or has it been canned?
    It runs fine, but has a few mishaps...

I'm working on setting an official 910F repo up. If that is done, we can get nightlies. @fattire helped me last weekend setting most of it up. At the moment I'm looking into the kernels, I'm comparing 910F to 910T kernel and analysing the differences to see if my idea that we can just use 910T kernel is right. Not done with my research yet but that's what I'm currently working on.

Hoping to wrap it all up this week so we can get on nightlies soon.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone