• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [N910PVPU4COG5] [100% Stock, Root, Odexed&Deodexed, No KNOX/Itson] [8/23/2015]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

tara_clint

Aug 9, 2008
For whatever reason, this line below may be missing from /system/csc/feature.xml

<CscFeature_Common_Sprint_Vowifi>true</CscFeature_Common_Sprint_Vowifi>

Copy/Paste to feature.xml as the last Common entry in row-line-format with a root browser if it's not already there. Save and reboot. You should see Wi-Fi Calling back in Settings if that was the issue.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Thank you that worked for me as well.

Sent from my SM-P900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: samep

samep

Dec 8, 2011
Thank you that worked for me as well.

Sent from my SM-P900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
You're welcome. Is it Xposed (namely, Wanam Xposed module) that is causing the Wi-Fi Calling issues or no?

There's another line in the feature.xml that apparently still needs to be changed so Wanam module doesn't mess up the default call log to missed calls again.

Change the <CscFeature_Contact_LogsViewBy>SPR</CscFeature_Contact_LogsViewBy>

to...

<CscFeature_Contact_ConfigDefaultViewBy>AllCalls</CscFeature_Contact_ConfigDefaultViewBy>

Save and reboot. Only necessary for Xposed users with call log gripes.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

ismaeel96

Nov 11, 2014
No. Private mode is fixed inside smali code inside the appropriate apk. in system files. Private mode should work just fine. You should not have to reflash the rom or anything but i don't know what all you have done since flashing this rom so i can't say what could be causing your problem. It has nothing to do with knox.
hi, im having same problem with private mode, have you found the cause by any chance? Thanks :D

hendav

Jun 11, 2010
Private mode not working here on a clean flash.
Edit: sorry wrong ROM, i am on J6 and it is not working.

Last edited:

tx_dbs_tx

Jan 19, 2009
Texas, USA
I think I may not have included the Private mode fix in the stock roms. I have done so many things i forget. I will make flashabe zips for this as soon as i get a chance.

Edit: OK i went ahead and knocked out the OJ6 hotspot fix OJ6 Private mode fix. In fact the apk's are virtually identical for the OG5 and OJ6 roms so technically either will work on either rom. The only difference is the apk's manifest. But for the sake of eliminating any possible issues, just flash the correct version for your rom. Here is the link to my mods section of my Hybrid X rom thread. Simply flash and reboot. No need to wipe anything. Please report back and let me know that private mode mode works after flashing the fix. Thank you. Enjoy private mode again!

Last edited:
Reactions: hendav and jhill110

nerys71

May 13, 2008
I installed the stock update as instructed. no problem phone is now lollipop

I then copied your file to my system and tried to install it but it fails.

I was able to glean two errors.

footer wrong and signature failure

never mind. I missed the step to install twrp first. updating now.
suggestions? am I missing a step or something?

Last edited:

tx_dbs_tx

Jan 19, 2009
Texas, USA
I installed the stock update as instructed. no problem phone is now lollipop

I then copied your file to my system and tried to install it but it fails.

I was able to glean two errors.

footer wrong and signature failure

never mind. I missed the step to install twrp first. updating now.
suggestions? am I missing a step or something?

You do things in this order...
1. Update your phone to the latest OJ6 (not the latest software anymore) by either installing the ota update on your phone or use odin on your pc to flash the stock OJ6 rom tar.
2. Let your phone fully reboot and setup and establish connection to the Sprint network.
3. Download the OJ6 rom or whichever rom that is derived from the same software version that you are currently running and place the rom zip on you micro-sd card or internal storage.
4. Reboot your phone to download mode and use odin to flash the latest TWRP recovery.
5. Reboot your phone to TWRP once more then do factory reset and also wipe everything two or three times in advanced wipe options except your internal and external sd-card storage.
6. Flash rom then reboot system and you're done.

Reactions: raptrfreak

safayat

Jan 30, 2010
Before My N910P was rooted and was custom rom n910f 4.4.4. After i flashed with stock rom 6.0.1 My phone is not starting. Boot loop and after 10 to 20 secounds phone is restarting. I Flashed with 5.1.1 firmware Still same boot loop and restart. Please Help me how to solve this problem.

EthanM054

Apr 20, 2013
South Gate
Before My N910P was rooted and was custom rom n910f 4.4.4. After i flashed with stock rom 6.0.1 My phone is not starting. Boot loop and after 10 to 20 secounds phone is restarting. I Flashed with 5.1.1 firmware Still same boot loop and restart. Please Help me how to solve this problem.
If you just flashed a custom ROM then that is a big no no. You should have used Odin and the official tar for Marshmallow to get a clean flash, bundled with the latest firmware and all. Try doing that and see if it works for you.

tx_dbs_tx

Jan 19, 2009
Texas, USA
ROM no longer supported

Due to this software version now being obsolete, I am no longer supporting or updating this ROM. Please look for ROMs based on newer software versions here in the development forum. Thank you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I bring to you completely stock builds of Android TW-Lollipop 5.1.1 (N910PVPU4COG5) for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4.. I built both of these stock rooted ROMs myself from the official Samsung tar ball. The ROM will self root upon flash and it has init.d/busybox support. Knox and Sprint Itson has been removed completely. Both ROMs are completely stock with all of the original factory installed apps. Available in odexed and deodexed . Both ROMs are identical other than one being odexed and the other deodexed. Also included in both ROMs in this thread is the stock OG5 modem and HLOS APN patch to ensure you have the latest modem & APN's from the latest OG5 software.

Other than the removal of Knox and Sprint Itson, these roms are all stock in every other way. They are stock and will stay that way. Please don't ask for mods, changes, etc in this thread. These roms are intended for those people who want the stock roms in their original form with the addition of root and removal of Knox & itson, as well as other members who need a good solid base for their rom projects. I give permission for other dev's to use this rom as your base and I highly recommend that you do so because it is bug-free and built from the official Samsung tar ball. However I do expect credit if you use this rom for any other project. If you like my work please press that Thanks button, rate this thread and consider a kind donation! Enjoy!

Important Notes: Before flashing ANY Lollipop 5.1.1 TW-based ROM, including this one, you MUST first do one of the following:
    1. Take the Lollipop OG5 ota update on your phone.
    2. Odin flash the stock ALL_SPT_N910PVPU4COG5_N910PSPT4COG5_CL5303209_QB5691107_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
    Thanks to @Sunderwear for the tar ball!!! Without him we would NOT have the official rom img's to build from. :highfive:

Once you have correctly updated your Note 4 to Lollipop 5.1.1, DO NOT... I repeat, DO NOT attempt to root your phone before flashing any of my OG5 Android 5.1.1 ROMs. ONLY flash the latest TWRP recovery using odin on your pc. Nothing else. the ROM zip will pre-root your phone as well as flash the stock OG5 pre-rooted OG5 kernel by @freeza

If you are still on any KK or Lollipop 5.0 TW-based ROM such as NIE, OB7, OE1 , OF5 or OB7 (including any KK AOSP/CM-based roms) then you MUST first update to Lollipop 5.1.1 OG5 by one of the two methods I mentioned above BEFORE flashing this ROM. Failure to properly update your device partitions to 5.1.1 OG5 firmware absolutely WILL cause problems. You have been warned, Please don't ask for help if you did not follow my simple instructions above.

Flashing instructions: ***Before beginning the flash/setup process MAKE SURE your battery has at least 50% charge and/or connected to the charger!!!***

1. Backup anything you don't want to lose off your internal and external storage to another location just to be safe.

2. Download the rom using your pc. (downloading with your phone has a much higher risk of file corruption. Not recommended with large files).

3. VERIFY the md5!!! Once the download has finished, compare the AFH md5 using a md5 tool on your pc. (Google "md5 checksum windows").

4. Put the downloaded rom onto your internal storage or external micro sd card.

5. With phone powered off, reboot into recovery by pressing and holding volume up, power and the home button until you see the Samsung logo then release all buttons.

6. Once in recovery choose the wipe button and do a factory reset three times. Optional but recommended is to wipe "Data". This will wipe all of your user data such as google accounts so MAKE SURE you backed up first like I said in step #1 above! Next go to "advanced wipe" and select all of the partitions EXCEPT micro-sd card and internal storage. Internal storage is optional but recommended when first updating to a major software revision such as 4.3 to 4.4 or 5.0.1 to 5.1.1. The reason is to remove left-over data from previous version of Android and start with a clean slate.

7. Choose the "Install" option and select the rom "Sprint_Stock_N910PVPU4COG5_xxx" from either your internal or external micro-sd card. It will flash the rom and give a confirmation once completed.

8. Press "Reboot" then "reboot system". You should get no prompts or warnings about not having root.

9. Initial rom "optimization" will take several minutes while ART builds its cache and the phone will remain on the yellow Sprint Spark screen for about 10 minutes (for the deodexed ROM). Let the phone optimize for at least 10 minutes and the screen WILL eventually turn off or show the setup wizard once it finishes. If the screen turns off then simply turn it on and proceed to setup your phone.

10. Once finished with the setup wizard, wait a few moments and the phone will automatically install the Sprint apps. You must either "accept" or "disagree" with each and every google prompt for these apps or else the installs pause until you do so.. Also you will be prompted for the "connections optimizer". Quickly set it to what you want and close it. That's it! You're done!

flashing anything on your device is done at your own risk. There is no way myself or any other developer can guarantee that flashing this ROM or any other file will not brick your device or otherwise cause some other type of damage. This is just a standard warning. I am not responsible for anything that you do to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Stock-Rooted-N910PVPU4COG5, ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
    tx_dbs_tx
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: OG5 or newer!
    Based On: ALL_SPT_N910PVPU4COG5_N910PSPT4COG5_CL5303209_QB5691107_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.0
    Stable Release Date: 2015-08-23

Created 2015-08-24
    Last Updated 2015-08-24
    General info for those new to building custom roms

Feel free to use this is a base for your rom projects. Here is some basic info for newcomers wanting to make their own custom rom.

# CSC is already setup correctly for sprint as the bootloader has a mind of it's own and I have to lie to it in order for it to properly flash the correct csc for the sprint version.

# For deodexing, I personally use SVA deodexer. It has been the most reliable 99.9% of the time with no fails. Make sure you use the correct version that's compatible with the Note 4... which is the 32bit version. Also, keep in mind that any deodexed apk or jar can still possibly be corrupt without any warnings or error reports from the deodexing tool. Remember this!!! If you suspect you have a bad deodexed file then replace it with the original odexed version from my stock odexed rom and see if the problem resolves. The odexed apk's & jars are 100% originals from the extracted img's of the official Samsung tar ball so they are 100% good. I don't typically deodex with rom kitchens unless they have been updated to fully support Lollipop 5.0 and newer including apktool. The stand-alone deodexers are easier and better in my opinion.

# If you want to change out the kernel, simply swap out the boot.img in the kernel folder. (you will also need to edit the updater-script to remove or edit the ui_script credit to freeza for his stock root permissive kernel. (not mandatory but it would make sense to do this).

# For debloating be careful what you remove from the rom. Don't just remove stuff willy nilly because you think you don't "need" it. Research the apk's and make an educated decision. "MobileInstaller.apk" and "ID.apk" are the two responsible for downloading the bulk of the bloat on first boot so you need to get rid of those two for sure. I personally leave Sprint zone in my roms in order to allow people to have access to their accounts as well as install any of the sprint apps if they do want some of them such as Sprint TV, etc. You can get most all Sprint apps from Google Play also.

# You will obviously want to edit the updater script to change the name of the rom, credits, etc. Just leave the very top line alone as that is my signature and it needs to stay intact. Everything else feel free to edit, just know what you're doing so you don't bork the script.

# Mods for Android 5.1.1 on TW based roms are going to come about as people make them and post guides, etc. Just know that ANY mod that is not specifically for android 5.1.1 on software OG5 WILL NOT work on our new OG5 software builds. All mods will need to be done from scratch specifically for the new OG5 software. So never flash or use a mod that was made for a previous software version or older version of Android. This includes mods for regular apps such as SecSettings, SystemUI, Samsung messaging, Samsung contacts, etc, etc.
    So don't do it! The reason is very simple. There is new and different java code in all of the smali/classes. The only time you may be able to use mods from previous software versions is when the latest revision is a small revision with only a few patches. You definitely can't use mods from Android 4.4 on a 5.0 Lollipop rom or a mod from a 5.0 rom on 5.1 without issues. This is your official warning!

# Theming Lollipop (both 5.0 and 5.1) is easier in many ways than any previous version of Android. You will need to learn several things and do a lot of research before you get your feet wet, but I can say that theming is probably the funnest part of making a custom rom. You should definitely learn to theme first. I will not write any tutorials for theming or setting up apktool etc because this stuff can be too technical to explain here. Besides, other people have already written tutorials in the past. Most of the information still applies today. Just make sure you use the LATEST apktool and use a tool that is updated to support Lollipop. I will recommend
    3Minit Android Studio for it's all-in-one capabilities and ease of use for those new to decompiling & recompiling apk's. Give it a try. You will find it at http://3minit.com/ I have used it just to try it out but I use VTS mostly. It's more difficult to learn and definetely much more intimidating for beginners but it does a whole lot more and automates a lot of stuff once setup properly.

# There are already guides, instructions, etc here at XDA to help you get started with building roms, working with apk's, jars etc, So do your own researching on the web and get the "latest" info you can find for Android development. The information is out there and it doesn't cost a penny... only a few brain cells to comprehend. However, If you need help with something and you can't find the answers you're looking for, feel free to PM me and I will try to help you or point you in the right direction.

# Also know that there are a LOT of fellow XDA members who each specialize in one or more areas of Android development. If you take a look around you will soon see these smart and very talented people participating in other development threads. If you find a member who you think might be able to help you, just ask your question(s) in an appropriate thread and tag them in your post or perhaps send them a kind pm asking for their help. Generally, most people are willing to help you as long as you are willing to help yourself by way of searching and taking the initiative to figure things out on your own. Nobody wants to hold your hand so don't expect the red carpet treatment from anyone including myself, especially on basic things that you can easily figure out on your own.

That's about it for now...
    HAPPY ROM BUILDING!!! My work here is done. Check please! :cool:
    Thank you for the kind words! New deodexed rom is uploaded and the link has been updated. Both ROMs should be perfect. It's very late and I'm off to bed. Enjoy folks!
    Just flashed deodexed..i dont have a status bar/notif panel. Ill re download and try again. Report back shortly
    Thank you for the report. I found the problem with the help of you and another friend and I am re-uploading the rom. It was a simple mistake on my part with the systemui folder. Sorry for the trouble. Deodexed rom link will be updated afterwhile or first thing in the morning since it's so late.

If you want to fix the problem yourself just unzip the rom and go to system/priv-app/SystemUI folder and delete everything EXCEPT the "SystemUI.apk". The other "SystemUI-1.apk" and other "SystemUI" folder needs to be deleted leaving only the one real "SystemUI.apk". I deleted the rom so nobody else downloads it until I get the new rom uploaded . Thanks again for the report.