• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [N910PVPU4COJ6] [100% Stock, Root, Odexed&Deodexed, No KNOX/Itson] [11/19/2015]

Search This thread

bigbabo

Apr 22, 2009
Link for oj6 deodexed is empty or should i say cant find no mirrors ,anyone got this file they can dropbox or something?

maltydog

Apr 16, 2011
If I'm coming from the Stock_DeOdexed_N910PVPS4DPD1 version from several months ago, what to I need to wipe when I am installing this?

ianmb

Mar 15, 2010
Fort Recovery
Who's ready...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161209-192552.jpg
    Screenshot_20161209-192552.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 157

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here we go again. Two completely stock builds of Android TW-Lollipop 5.1.1 (N910PVPU4COJ6) for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4.. I built both of these stock rooted ROMs myself from the official Samsung tar ball. The ROM will self root upon flash and it has init.d/busybox support. Knox and Sprint Itson has been removed completely. Both ROMs are completely stock with all of the original factory installed apps. Available in odexed and deodexed . Both ROMs are identical other than one being odexed and the other deodexed. Also included in both ROMs in this thread is the stock OJ6 modem and APN patch to ensure you have the latest modem & APN's from the latest OJ6 software.

Other than the removal of Knox and Sprint Itson, these roms are all stock in every other way. They are stock and will stay that way. Please don't ask for mods, changes, etc in this thread. These roms are intended for those people who want the stock roms in their original form with the addition of root and removal of Knox & itson, as well as other members who need a good solid base for their rom projects. I give permission for other dev's to use this rom as your base and I highly recommend that you do so because it is bug-free and built from the official Samsung tar ball. However I do expect credit if you use this rom for any other project. If you like my work please press that Thanks button, rate this thread and consider a kind donation! Enjoy!

Important Notes: Before flashing ANY Lollipop 5.1.1 TW-based ROM, including this one, you MUST first do one of the following:
    1. Take the Lollipop OJ6 ota update on your phone.
    2. Odin flash the stock OJ6 rom tar using odin on your PC. It can be found HERE

Once you have correctly updated your Note 4 to Lollipop 5.1.1,software version N910PVPU4COJ6 DO NOT... I repeat, DO NOT attempt to root your phone with CF-auto root or other methods. It will soft brick your phone. Instead, you ONLY need to flash the latest TWRP recovery using odin on your pc. Nothing else. The ROM zip will pre-root your phone as well as flash the stock root-permissive OJ6 kernel by @freeza

If you are still on any KK or Lollipop 5.0 TW-based ROM such as NIE, OB7, OE1 , OF5 or OB7 (including any KK AOSP/CM-based roms) then you MUST first update to Lollipop 5.1.1 OJ6 by one of the two methods I mentioned above BEFORE flashing this ROM. Failure to properly update your device partitions to 5.1.1 OJ6 firmware absolutely WILL cause problems. You have been warned, Please don't ask for help if you did not follow my simple instructions above.

Flashing instructions: ***Before beginning the flash/setup process MAKE SURE your battery has at least 50% charge and/or connected to the charger!!!***

1. Backup anything you don't want to lose off your internal and external storage to another location just to be safe.

2. Download the rom using your pc. (downloading with your phone has a much higher risk of file corruption. Not recommended with large files).

3. VERIFY the MD5!!! Once the download has finished, compare the AFH MD5 using a MD5 tool on your pc. (Google "md5 checksum windows").

4. Put the downloaded rom onto your internal storage or external micro sd card.

5. With phone powered off, reboot into recovery by pressing and holding volume up, power and the home button until you see the Samsung logo then release all buttons.

6. Once in recovery choose the wipe button and do a factory reset three times. Optional but recommended is to wipe "Data". This will wipe all of your user data such as google accounts so MAKE SURE you backed up first like I said in step #1 above! Next go to "advanced wipe" and select all of the partitions EXCEPT micro-sd card and internal storage. Internal storage is optional but recommended when first updating to a major software revision such as 4.3 to 4.4 or 5.0.1 to 5.1.1. The reason is to remove left-over data from previous version of Android and start with a clean slate.

7. Choose the "Install" option and select the rom "Sprint_Stock_N910PVPU4COJ6_xxx" from either your internal or external micro-sd card. It will flash the rom and give a confirmation once completed.

8. Press "Reboot" then "reboot system". You should get no prompts or warnings about not having root.

9. Initial rom "optimization" will take several minutes while ART builds its cache and the phone will remain on the yellow Sprint Spark screen for about 10 minutes (for the deodexed ROM). Let the phone optimize for at least 10 minutes and the screen will eventually turn off or show the setup wizard once it finishes. When the screen turns off simply turn it on and proceed to setup your phone.

10. Once finished with the setup wizard, wait a few moments and the phone will automatically install the Sprint apps. You must either "accept" or "disagree" with each and every google prompt for these apps or else the installs pause until you do so.. Also you will be prompted for the "connections optimizer". Quickly set it to what you want and close it. That's it! You're done!

flashing anything on your device is done at your own risk. There is no way myself or any other developer can guarantee that flashing this ROM or any other file will not brick your device or otherwise cause some other type of damage. This is just a standard warning. I am not responsible for anything that you do to your device. However, all of my roms, mods, etc are pre tested by myself and other testers prior to public release.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Stock-Rooted-N910PVPU4COJ6, ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
    tx_dbs_tx
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: OJ6
    Based On: N910PVPU4COJ6_N910PSPT4COJ6_N910PVPU4COJ6_HOME.tar

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2015-11-19

Created 2015-11-19
    Last Updated 2015-11-19
    Hotspot Mod

This is the flashable hotspot mod for software version OJ6 only. It is a hybrid mod that will work for my odexed and deodexed OJ6 roms. It is a hard coded mod and will continue to work after a prl or profile update wether done by the user or pushed to your device by the network. Simply flash the zip in recovery and reboot. Use this mod at your own risk.
    Modem & APN's

This is the stock OJ6 modem and APN patch straight from the official Samsung tar ball. Simply flash in recover and reboot. Once your phone reboots go to settings/ system update and update prl and profile then you're done.
    I want to hold off on doing anymore roms until we get Marshmallow. I don't want to spend a bunch of time working on these %.1.1 patch ota's just to have to turn around and start over when we get Marshmallow. I'm fine running OJ6 for a while. I have stuff going on right now anyway so my time is limited. If anybody sees or hears any news on Marshmallow for our Sprint N4 make sure to shout out!
    Here is the required netflix fix zip. I simply stated that it was required, not demanding anything. Don't assume anything buddy, stay on topic.