LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
NFC is buggy- fixed 2017/04/02 Flashlight does not work from Quick Settings tile- fixed 2017/04/02 WiFi hotspot, USB tethering- fixed 2017/04/02 SIM swapping is broken (only works after a reboot)- fixed 2017/04/02 Cannot change incall volume- fixed 2017/06/19
- High idle battery drain (~1% per hour)
- ...probably more?
- Download the latest build and gapps
- Reboot to recovery
- Flash the latest build and gapps
- Builds : See below
- Root addon : https://download.lineageos.org/extras
- Google Apps : http://opengapps.org/
- DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
- Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
- If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
- If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
### RELEASES ###
2017-03-12 - SM-N920T
2017-03-12 - SM-N920C
LineageOS, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 5
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Last Updated 2017-03-12