[ROM][N920T][7.1.1] LineageOS 14.1

Search This thread

DeniTx

Dec 10, 2016
It is not working LineageOs on Note 5 SM-N920T i tried to flash the zip folder that i downloaded from here i tried flashing it through TWRP keeps giving me an error? What is the deal here what am i doing wrong or this just doesn't work for my note 5 model

DeniTx

Dec 10, 2016
When i try to flash Lineage OS zip through TWRP i keep getting this error

Updater process ended with ERROR:255
Error Installing zip file '/internal_sd/Note 5/
lineage-14.1-20170618-UNOFFICIAL-nobletetmo.zip]

Can someone please help me out here i am trying to get this system installed

Metabolic12

Oct 12, 2016
Erie, CO
When i try to flash Lineage OS zip through TWRP i keep getting this error

Updater process ended with ERROR:255
Error Installing zip file '/internal_sd/Note 5/
lineage-14.1-20170618-UNOFFICIAL-nobletetmo.zip]

Can someone please help me out here i am trying to get this system installed

You need to change the updater-script to match the bootloader you have installed. Go to your settings and write down your baseband number then use a computer to extract the lineage zip and modify the script. Repack the zip then flash in recovery.

zlinhz

Dec 4, 2014
You need to change the updater-script to match the bootloader you have installed. Go to your settings and write down your baseband number then use a computer to extract the lineage zip and modify the script. Repack the zip then flash in recovery.

I followed the step from this https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2522762, but i still get an error like this could not find meta-inf/co/google/android/update-binary. I modified the updater script and delete the assert line, change the baseband number also. still can't get it to install.

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

even after i updated the script, i still get error update bianry not found

babyboy3265

Sep 20, 2012
Jupiter
I have now got an s9 and I have decided to use the N5 as a second phone and so I installed Lineage with the hope that the device will last for at least a few days. My SONY Z1 that is over 5 y old, lasts about 2 weeks on 1 charge with a lineage ROM, when barely used.

However, now that I installed the lineage ROM on my note 5, I have encountered an issue. When it is charging, it says: Charging slowly and it is now stuck at 86%. Can anyone help me with that?

thank you.

rockz1991

Feb 4, 2013
Hi. Just flashed the ROM, but sometimes audio doesn't work. However, its fixed with a restart.
Is there any patch for this?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

TrayDays

Jan 2, 2015
Both the call and music audio. Call audio is only audible if headphone is plugged in.

Thanks.

This fix worked for me.

What I did was I flashed the fix first and dirty flashed the rom on top. When I just flash the fix only. I would have complications with the audio and call. But when I flash the fix and then applied the lineage rom on top, no need to flash gapps if it's already installed. This what worked for me. I'm just trying to get a VOLTE fix. But audio, phone and music does work both with and without headphones.

Attachments

• N920T_TMB_FIX3.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 101

rockz1991

Feb 4, 2013
This fix worked for me.

What I did was I flashed the fix first and dirty flashed the rom on top. When I just flash the fix only. I would have complications with the audio and call. But when I flash the fix and then applied the lineage rom on top, no need to flash gapps if it's already installed. This what worked for me. I'm just trying to get a VOLTE fix. But audio, phone and music does work both with and without headphones.
Thanks.

But does this work on a N920C?

TrayDays

Jan 2, 2015
No problem.

What is the file btw? Let me see if I get the same for n920c

It's just a blend of two files. One for the call audio and the other to be able to use data and slightly use connection while on the phone. But it's not true Volte. Anyways, just flash the Fix3 first and then VOLTEdata fix second. Then dirty flash the Lineage Rom next. Usually how I get it all working.

Attachments

• N920T_TMB_FIX3.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 43
  • NougatVoLTE_FIX.zip
    186.9 KB · Views: 94

betatest3

Mar 5, 2013
Alright, I just installed LineageOS on an N920T. Everything seems to be okay except cell data doesn't work(can place and recieve phone calls, send and recieve text message, but internet doesn't work.). Also, sometimes placing a call will result in the device rebooting, but it will sit for hours on the boot animation until I put it into recovery and wipe cache.
Other than that, it all seems to be okay. Battery life is better than the stock ROM. Charges fast as well. Camera is good.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Antel1904

Feb 14, 2017
downgrade from nougat?

is it posible to install using N920TUVS6ERH1_N920TTMB6ERH1_N920TUVS6ERH1 ?? it gives bootloader error :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Bugs/Issues :
    • NFC is buggy - fixed 2017/04/02
    • Flashlight does not work from Quick Settings tile - fixed 2017/04/02
    • WiFi hotspot, USB tethering - fixed 2017/04/02
    • SIM swapping is broken (only works after a reboot) - fixed 2017/04/02
    • Cannot change incall volume - fixed 2017/06/19
    • High idle battery drain (~1% per hour)
    • ...probably more?

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot

Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs

• DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

### RELEASES ###
    2017-03-12 - SM-N920T
    2017-03-12 - SM-N920C
    2017-06-19 SM-N920T

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Contributors
    RaymanFX
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2017-03-12
    Last Updated 2017-03-12
    Okay guys, time for a little testing before the builds will be added to the OP :)

N920C
    N920T

I honestly don't have the time to maintain a user-friendly changelog, so Gerrit/GitHub is your best bet really.
    I will however cross out the bugs in the OP that are fixed.

BTW: Incall volume unfortunately is still broken - but I'm working on it and making progress.
    I wouldn't, unless Raymanfx says otherwise.

Feel free to share everything I do, I don't mind :)
    I just pulled it because it was N920C only and people flashed it on N920T's as well, so I wanted to avoid getting even more invalid bug reports. So if you flash that image - please don't report broken stuff.

I was working on incorporating all the Nougat stuff from Samsung (including a whole new kernel) and a new build will be available soon with all the previous fixes incorporated.
    @RaymanFX bro... I wanna aks a question? any update for N920C? or new android version(oreo) will publish to N902C?

I already have Android Oreo running on Exynos7, but it's nearly unusable due to various issues.
    What I am doing right now is reverse engineering a lot of Samsung blobs and drivers to get a better understanding and fix problems which exist right now.
    That means I'm not doing specific work for this device, but for the whole Exynos7/8 platform.

What really bothers me (and will prevent official builds for this device forever) is that incall audio is flawless for me (barring special stuff like Bluetooth usecases), but still doesn't work at all for some apparently.
    D
    Deleted member 5545167
    First of all, big thumbs up to RaymanFX.... The last build is absolutely amazing and unbelievably stable... I'm just gonna post this to give some pointers to you guys:
    1- The flashlight bug, NFC and Portable Hotspot have already been fixed by RaymanFX, he posted a boot image a few pages back that not only fixes these issues but also makes the device more stable and on top of that, fixes some audio bugs I've had when rebooting the device on Do Not Disturb mode. So I guess now this project is stable as hell, 'cause I'm having a really fun time with it.
    2- To fix the KERNEL IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING, if you see it, when flashing the latest build, flash Chainfire's LATEST supersu which is compatible with nougat right after you flash the build.
    3- The stock camera app and the Google Camera on OpenGapps is an old camera which I suggest you remove or disable, and use a third party camera like Footej or Bacon or even OpenCamera.
    4- My suggestion on what to flash on top of this rom (for lack of a better word) is OpenGapps, Chainfire's SuperSU and a flashable I made that flashes almost all the features that a Pixel XL has, which will be something I can only manage to do for each build until the end of spring break, so here it is:

The Pixel Experience Flashable
    Features:
    1- Rounded Icons for all supported apps
    2- Pixel Launcher, Wallpapers, Live Data and EARTH wallpapers
    3- Pixel UI Sounds, Ringtones, Notifications, and Bootanimation (with an extra alarm sound and ringtone)
    4- Pixel Navbar (yay!!) and it's glorious animations
    5- My favorite Camera app with the 7.1 launcher shortcuts
    6- Google Phone, Contacts, Messenger and more
    7- Some build prop mods

NOTES: 1- I only have a noblelte device so I can't guarantee it working on tmobile variants, please reply if it did.
    2- Flash it after you flash OpenGapps.
    3- I've modded SystemUI and framework-res for this so there's a good chance that this works only on the MARCH 12th build, and no chance of working on other ROMs or Devices.

DOWNLOAD NOT AVAILABLE ---- NEW VERSION UPLOADED
    Screenshots are attached below(DISCLAIMER: The home button in these photos includes my own logo, but I changed it to stock before uploading it, so don't freak out.)
    Thank you again, RaymanFX.... Way to go! :good: :good: :good: