• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][N950F/DS][ALEXNDR] * Pie Beta ZSB2 * DevBase v6.0 * Encryption support [Feb-12]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

_alexndr

Mar 1, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE AND/OR DATA LOSS AS A RESULT OF FLASHING THIS ROM !!!

PLEASE PERFORM FULL BACKUP IN THE MICRO SD CARD OR IN AN EXTERNAL STORAGE BEFORE YOU TRY !!!

Do you need reliability and predictability? Then better stay with THIS ROM :cool:

I have decided to create a separate thread because:
- I would like to distinguish PIE BETA bug reports from my normal (OREO stable) thread, mentioned above
- It is normal that there will be definitely much more "bad reports" here, because most of them will be "beta related"

This thread will be closed when Samsung will release stable Android Pie (One UI)

Everything you will need to know about DevBase ROM in general - you will find in my stable thread (mentioned above)

Differences comparing to stable Oreo DevBase ROM:
- No Xposed (we need to wait for rovo89)

Note 8 (SM-N950F/DS):
Dirty flash over my Oreo DevBase ROM SHOULD WORK WITHOUT ISSUES but before you try - I would highly recommend you to set default (stock) theme and default (stock) icons !!! However - I would recommend you clean install (Wipe -> Swipe to Factory Reset is enough).

Please REMOVE custom options.prop file if you have any in /sdcard or external sdcard (mainly because of debloat list which causes more issues in Pie).

Known problems:
- [CLEAN INSTALL] Magisk Manager may not appear after clean install despite Magisk has been installed without errors during install - if you notice that there is no Magisk Manager - DO NOT flash Magisk, it is enough to install Magisk Manager as normal app (use ATTACHMENT - it is original apk from Magisk v18.1), then REBOOT device (important!)
- OEM unlock toggle seems to be disabled in the Developer Options but it is not true (otherwise you would not be able to use TWRP and this ROM). It is side effect of protection I put in the kernel against "KG State: Prenormal" in the DM mode. It is not real issue, just ignore it. EDIT: starting from ZSAB - OEM unlock toggle has been HIDDEN to avoid further confusion! Don't worry about that :)

SafetyNet PASS in this ROM :cool:

Thanks to:
- @corsicanu for share me untouched N950F dump
- all persons mentioned in my main thread

Attachments

• magisk.apk
    2.3 MB · Views: 131
Last edited:

_alexndr

Mar 1, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Why Magisk 17.3?

Sent from my SM-G955F using XDA Labs

This ROM flashes Magisk v17.3 in case of clean install or v18.0 in case of dirty flash - it is because known problem with sudden reboot at the end of setup wizard with v18.0 and clean install. So my recommendation is - DO NOT update Magisk until you pass setup wizard.

So... that only means that you performed clean flash :) When you finish initial setup - just install attached magisk.apk, then update via Magisk Manager. Next time (dirty update) it will install v18.0

HorstiG

Mar 14, 2013
Banja Luka RS
I have another problem, OEM Toggle is off and I get this message after each reboot.

Attachments

• IMG_20190116_223813_483.jpg
    IMG_20190116_223813_483.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 1,031

_alexndr

Mar 1, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I have another problem, OEM Toggle is off and I get this message after each reboot.

Have you read post #1 (known problems) ?? Just ignore that it is off position (it is not true, it just reads real state wrong due to strong RMM/KG state protection I put in the kernel). Every time you will try to enable it - it will force you to wipe data, nothing more - will stay in off position (only visually)

HorstiG

Mar 14, 2013
Banja Luka RS
Sorry, According to the message, says there is a problem with the device, I should contact the Manufacturer

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

After flashing Magisk same problem. But everything works

Last edited:

_alexndr

Mar 1, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
[...] After flashing Magisk same problem. But everything works

why do i keep getting this error from the first biot if this rom?
and whats the meaning of it?
it's a bit scary notification
p.s: full wipe and clean install

Nothing wrong with your device, really :) It is side effect of changed "ro.build.fingerprint" in build.prop to pass SafetyNet (thanks to @corsicanu for the hint & tests)

If it is really annoying to you - you can restore original line in build.prop, as follow:

Code:
ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/greatltexx/greatlte:9/PPR1.180610.011/N950FXXU5ZSA5:user/release-keys

... but then SafetyNet will fail and most of banking apps + GooglePay + some other apps that check SafetyNet - will not work anymore

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with your device, really :) It is side effect of changed "ro.build.fingerprint" in build.prop to pass SafetyNet (thanks to @corsicanu for the hint & tests)

If it is really annoying to you - you can restore original line in build.prop, as follow:

Code:
ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/greatltexx/greatlte:9/PPR1.180610.011/N950FXXU5ZSA5:user/release-keys

... but then SafetyNet will fail and most of banking apps + GooglePay + some other apps that check SafetyNet - will not work anymore

nice explanation! And from the other side: what value should have ro.build.fingerprint to pass safetyNet?

h0tkey

Aug 11, 2012
Saint Petersburg
Do I get it right that there's no publicly available Pie kernel sources, and thus there's absolutely no way to get SELinux permissive until the official release?

HorstiG

Mar 14, 2013
Banja Luka RS

I have a boarding computer in my car that shows me at launch I need to service. The master says no problem, drive quietly on. It totally annoys though. I have the bug fixed, but I can't refuel anymore. This is a bad solution and must work differently.

Sent from my SM-N950F using XDA Labs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE AND/OR DATA LOSS AS A RESULT OF FLASHING THIS ROM !!!

PLEASE PERFORM FULL BACKUP IN THE MICRO SD CARD OR IN AN EXTERNAL STORAGE BEFORE YOU TRY !!!

Do you need reliability and predictability? Then better stay with THIS ROM :cool:

I have decided to create a separate thread because:
    - I would like to distinguish PIE BETA bug reports from my normal (OREO stable) thread, mentioned above
    - It is normal that there will be definitely much more "bad reports" here, because most of them will be "beta related"

This thread will be closed when Samsung will release stable Android Pie (One UI)

Everything you will need to know about DevBase ROM in general - you will find in my stable thread (mentioned above)

Differences comparing to stable Oreo DevBase ROM:
    - No Xposed (we need to wait for rovo89)

Note 8 (SM-N950F/DS):
    Dirty flash over my Oreo DevBase ROM SHOULD WORK WITHOUT ISSUES but before you try - I would highly recommend you to set default (stock) theme and default (stock) icons !!! However - I would recommend you clean install (Wipe -> Swipe to Factory Reset is enough).

Please REMOVE custom options.prop file if you have any in /sdcard or external sdcard (mainly because of debloat list which causes more issues in Pie).

Known problems:
    - [CLEAN INSTALL] Magisk Manager may not appear after clean install despite Magisk has been installed without errors during install - if you notice that there is no Magisk Manager - DO NOT flash Magisk, it is enough to install Magisk Manager as normal app (use ATTACHMENT - it is original apk from Magisk v18.1), then REBOOT device (important!)
    - OEM unlock toggle seems to be disabled in the Developer Options but it is not true (otherwise you would not be able to use TWRP and this ROM). It is side effect of protection I put in the kernel against "KG State: Prenormal" in the DM mode. It is not real issue, just ignore it. EDIT: starting from ZSAB - OEM unlock toggle has been HIDDEN to avoid further confusion! Don't worry about that :)

SafetyNet PASS in this ROM :cool:

Thanks to:
    - @corsicanu for share me untouched N950F dump
    - all persons mentioned in my main thread
    Thread has been updated :cool:

Thanks to @corsicanu for the pure ZSB1 dump :good:

(thanks again to @corsicanu for share me pure ZSAB dump)

Updated links are available in post #1

NOTE: Starting from ZSAB - OEM unlock toggle has been just HIDDEN to avoid further confusion! (see post #1 for details). Don't worry about that :)

Big thanks again to @corsicanu for sharing me the pure beta 4 dump :good:
    AppLock for Pie - download attachment, create /system/priv-app/AppLock directory, place attachment inside it and then reboot.

That's all, since this ROM contains necessary line in the proper cscfeature.xml file already :cool:

(next Pie release will contain it on-board)